HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs playing in World Championships

Old
05-17-2012, 06:35 PM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Is it Yemelin or Emelin ?
Yemelin in Yeurope, Emelin in Etats-Unis

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
He sucked really bad all year long, his work ethic was brutal, I dont get why they named him captain of team Canada thats a shame.. Personally I really dont think Getzlaf will make the team next Olympics..
Big deal, he had a bad showing, so did a lot of guys. He does nothing but put up points year after year, why knock him?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Because of the incompetence of US Emigration office that isn't capable to translate Russian names correctly, some cyrilic letters have double meaning, but it looks like they don't know that or maybe they just don't care. The same happened to Varlamov whose first name was translated as Semen and not Semyon.
I don't know if they still do it, but it wouldn't surprise me, but they just listen to a person pronounce their name, then they spell it as it sounds to them.

Canada lost because they send a team of 1st and 2nd liners and expect them to play 4th line minutes.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:07 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Yemelin in Yeurope, Emelin in Etats-Unis
I believe Emelin is closer is spelling from the Cyrillic, but Yemelin is closer in pronunciation.

Curiously, it translates to bulldozer.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Takashi

Canada and USA is eliminated the nhl player teams ..

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:24 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Big deal, he had a bad showing, so did a lot of guys. He does nothing but put up points year after year, why knock him?
If Getzlaf had Desharnais"s heart and determination, he would be a superstar.. As far as Im concerned, he is a big lazzy cow that needs to be constantly pushed to perform..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
If Getzlaf had Desharnais"s heart and determination, he would be a superstar.. As far as Im concerned, he is a big lazzy cow that needs to be constantly pushed to perform..
Yet he lead his team in playoff scoring when they won the cup.

There's an issue with the organization (predominantly coaching staff) when you can't bring out the best in your players just as much as it is with the players themselves. Case in point, Sergei Kostitsyn and several others over the past 5-6 years from our own team.

When you see guys like Ponikarovsky and Kovalchuk completely change their mentalities once they enter a class organization, it tells you all you need to know.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Habs

Quote:
Oh please, have you even seen him play on a regular basis? Sounds like you are generalizing the odd situation he has been in, not unlike any other top player in the game.

I bet you would be doing cartwheels if Getzlaf was coming to Montreal, the guy is a dominant player. ... and please... Desharnais? Talk about the hype train in full effect around here....

Old
05-17-2012, 10:58 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Oh please, have you even seen him play on a regular basis? Sounds like you are generalizing the odd situation he has been in, not unlike any other top player in the game.

I bet you would be doing cartwheels if Getzlaf was coming to Montreal, the guy is a dominant player. ... and please... Desharnais? Talk about the hype train in full effect around here....
Desharnais outscored Getzlaf even though he's almost a foot smaller.

He must have some qualities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque
NHL player Alexei Yemelin still out there trolling entire nations

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:36 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Desharnais outscored Getzlaf even though he's almost a foot smaller.

He must have some qualities.

NHL player Alexei Yemelin still out there trolling entire nations
Maybe the extra Y on his jersey makes him a bigger troll. His first year in the NHL he could not speak much English, next year he might become a hated NHLer. Should relieve some of the Subban hate as they will throw more towards Emelin.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:36 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Yet he lead his team in playoff scoring when they won the cup.
When you have guys like Niedermayer and Pronger in your locker room, its in your own interest to be prepared to play and give your full effort.. Getzlaf should know by now what it takes to be a good player, a good leader..

Old
05-17-2012, 11:51 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Getzlaf is pretty much a bigger and slightly more productive Desharnais. Doesn't shoot nearly often enough and surrounded by two great wingers. Ah, the similarities.

Madam Kadri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Stradale

Quote:

Honestly, I don't watch him play on a daily basis.. but I remember quite well that Getzlaf was called out by his own fans for being lazy/floater in this board. Of course, a Canadian player, its hard to accept for some.

I was a really big fan of Getzlaf.. but this mediocre season is not only an "off" season for Getzlaf, his effort level has a lot to do with it.

We all know how good he is.. but the effort is not always there. I won't be surprised that he's gonna bounce back next season though.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:58 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

First, Im not particulary a Desharnais fan, I think he is grossly overrated right now like I said in another thread and benefit from playing with 2 big and fast skilled wingers.. Desharnais sure has a very good vision and improved his foot speed this year but he remains a midget with slighly below average speed I would say, what isnt a good mix at the NHL level, his shot is weak and not dangerous so I expect him to become expectable soon enough, especially on the PP.. But we have to give this kid some credit for what he accomplished thus far in his carreer, everytime he reached a new level everyone said he would top and would have a hard time to achieve his goal, his attitude, hard work and determination led him playing on the Habs top line and finished with the most pts of all our centers last year, what is a huge accomplishment.. Thats why Im saying you put Desharnais' heart in Getzlaf' body and you get a superstar.. As for Getzlaf in MTL, people would be desapointed, the guy has been a floater all year long playing with guys like Perry Ryan Selanne and finished the year fourth in scoring 11 goals 46 assist -18 in 82 games played.. 11 goals!!!! Gomez probably could have done better centering Ryan and Perry..Desharnais has 16 and Pleks 17 despite playing wihtout any valid wingers all year long.. It gives you an idea..

As for watching Getzlaf play, I saw him plenty of times (ATDHE) since I like to place bets on games I feel..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 05-18-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old
05-18-2012, 12:39 AM
NewHabsEra*

Any website where I can see the stats of this tournament?

Old
05-18-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Any website where I can see the stats of this tournament?
http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/272/IHM272000_85B_13_0.pdf

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:44 AM
NewHabsEra*

Thx much appreciated..

Edit: looking at the scoring leaders and dont know why but smiling seeing Perezhogin third best Russian scorer with 8 pts in 8 games played +12.. Would have liked so much it works with the Habs.. I think we still own his rights if Im not wrong.. Dont know if we could offer him a deal ala Emelin for next year with a KHL return clause if he doesnt make the team..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 05-18-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old
05-18-2012, 01:46 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Thx much appreciated..

Edit: looking at the scoring leaders and dont know why but smiling seeing Perezhogin third best Russian scorer with 8 pts in 8 games played +12.. Would have liked so much it works with the Habs.. I think we still own his rights if Im not wrong.. Dont know if we could offer him a deal ala Emelin for next year with a KHL return clause if he doesnt make the team..
I don't see why not. He could be a decent winger for Plekanec.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:50 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Thx much appreciated..

That's a pretty good idea actually if its at all possible. Montreal is weak on the winger depth right now and really needs some more middle-six guys there. Anyone know his KHL contract status?

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:40 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post

Add Sweden..

Karlsson
Kronwall
Ericsson
Hjalmarsson
Hedman

Alfie
Backstrom
Loui Eriksson
Stalberg
Hornqvist
Kruger
Silfverberg
Zetterberg
Landeskog
Franzen

"Should" be enough to get you somewhere..
Oh well, now I'll cheer for the beatiful turtleneck, last CH still standing!

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Ivan13
Problem child

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I don't know if they still do it, but it wouldn't surprise me, but they just listen to a person pronounce their name, then they spell it as it sounds to them.

Canada lost because they send a team of 1st and 2nd liners and expect them to play 4th line minutes.
Well if that's the case Syomin certainly wouldn't become Semin. The cyrilic symbol for letter E can be translated both as E and YO (or JO in Slavic languages that don't have the letter Y in their alphabet, so Y becomes J).

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post
Oh well, now I'll cheer for the beatiful turtleneck, last CH still standing!
Emelin is still alive!

Bud2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Getzlaf is pretty much a bigger and slightly more productive Desharnais. Doesn't shoot nearly often enough and surrounded by two great wingers. Ah, the similarities.
I know , right? Anaheim would be crazy not to do a straight up trade, Getzlaf for DD.

Old
05-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Et le But

Quote:
I know , right? Anaheim would be crazy not to do a straight up trade, Getzlaf for DD.
Well Desharnais works harder and for all the talk of "sheltering", never was constantly surrounded by 2 premier power forwards.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:48 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
Emelin is still alive!
I honestly couldn't tell after his game against Sweden...

Pleks is the only one still sporting the CH though!
Turtleneck Powa!

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote