HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Niklas Hjalmarsson to Long Island

Old
05-17-2012, 08:56 PM
KrisBeKreame

vCash: 500
Niklas Hjalmarsson to Long Island

The Islanders currently have 3 defenders signed for the coming season. With their difficulties drawing quality UFAs. Trading for one is a good option. Niklas Hjalmarsson would be a great fit on the Island.

Would Chicago accept the NY Islanders 2nd rd 2012 (33rd or 34th overall) + a prospect for Niklas Hjalmarsson.

KrisBeKreame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:04 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
The Islanders currently have 3 defenders signed for the coming season. With their difficulties drawing quality UFAs. Trading for one is a good option. Niklas Hjalmarsson would be a great fit on the Island.

Would Chicago accept the NY Islanders 2nd rd 2012 (33rd or 34th overall) + a prospect for Niklas Hjalmarsson.
considering how he played this year im certain they would, though I dont understand your interest. Chicago surely regrets matching that offersheet since his play has slipped markedly from what it was 2 seasons ago, a borderline 1st and a prospect is a hefty price to pay for someone like Hjalmarsson.

Some blackhawk fans would dearly love to be rid of his salary, he's not a strict cap dump mind you but he's definitely over compensated for how he plays, Id say a 3rd is fair for taking his contract and youd have to play him with Streit since he is horrid with the puck, We would love seeing him with the puck against us Tyutin and Wiz gave him fits

it was funny, he was almost a guaranteed turnover machine

Last edited by 54roughing*: 05-17-2012 at 09:14 PM.
54roughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54roughing View Post
considering how he played this year im certain they would, though I dont understand your interest. Chicago surely regrets matching that offersheet since his play has slipped markedly from what it was 2 seasons ago, a borderline 1st and a prospect is a hefty price to pay for someone like Hjalmarsson.

Some blackhawk fans would dearly love to be rid of his salary, he's not a strict cap dump mind you but he's definitely over compensated for how he plays, Id say a 3rd is fair for taking his contract and youd have to play him with Streit since he is horrid with the puck, We would love seeing him with the puck against us Tyutin and Wiz gave him fits

Um not sure what games you were watching but those 2 loooked like AHL'ers vs Hawks and Wiz especially was brutal vs Hawks entire team this year

Hammer's job is to play D not play the puck ,,, He does the D part fine

If Hawks aren't gonna target Suter then there is no reason to trade Hjalmarsson at this point and if they do move him they would get more then a 3rd rounder for him

Only 25 yrs old and is reliable prove top 4 dman

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:53 PM
GaryU

Quote:

Obviously, playing the absolutely non-aggressive D that Q has play, has to do with the lousy play of the D...Nothing wrong with Hammer that wouldn't be solved by playing a Big Boy D, instead of the 'butt out in back, stick out in front' crap the Hawks are playing...and let's not forget, outside of a short time pairing with Seabrook, Hammer's been covering for Leddy, Lepisto, O'D, Olsen...

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:02 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Um not sure what games you were watching but those 2 loooked like AHL'ers vs Hawks and Wiz especially was brutal vs Hawks entire team this year

Hammer's job is to play D not play the puck ,,, He does the D part fine

If Hawks aren't gonna target Suter then there is no reason to trade Hjalmarsson at this point and if they do move him they would get more then a 3rd rounder for him

Only 25 yrs old and is reliable prove top 4 dman
What would you be looking for in a deal?

KrisBeKreame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:03 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU View Post
Obviously, playing the absolutely non-aggressive D that Q has play, has to do with the lousy play of the D...Nothing wrong with Hammer that wouldn't be solved by playing a Big Boy D, instead of the 'butt out in back, stick out in front' crap the Hawks are playing...and let's not forget, outside of a short time pairing with Seabrook, Hammer's been covering for Leddy, Lepisto, O'D, Olsen...
That may be som but paying this guy almost 4M a season is ridiculous since he cannot play the puck, and I was kind of impressed with what I saw from Leddy, Id have him on my team he's got stones and he's only gonna get better, As far as Hammer though, unless you can keep him away from the puck, he's a liability, When ever we played dump and chase, we'd shoot it at Hammer cause we knew it was better than even money he'd cough it up right back. guy was so much better in the cup season, he looks scared out there with the puck

Old
05-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
If Hawks were to move him a 2nd and solid prospect would probably be fair as he seems to have maxed out his potential and will never be more then a 2nd pairing dman

If Hawks were to move him they would have a replacement in mind to use his cap $$$ on so I think they would prefer noncap assets

Old
05-17-2012, 10:05 PM
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo

vCash: 470
Quote:
HAMONIC!!!

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
That may be som but paying this guy almost 4M a season is ridiculous since he cannot play the puck, and I was kind of impressed with what I saw from Leddy, Id have him on my team he's got stones and he's only gonna get better, As far as Hammer though, unless you can keep him away from the puck, he's a liability, When ever we played dump and chase, we'd shoot it at Hammer cause we knew it was better than even money he'd cough it up right back. guy was so much better in the cup season, he looks scared out there with the puck
Hammer is a defensive dman ,, he has always been weak with puck

His lack of offensive abilty ins't a negative as he isn't expected to contribute much offensively

3.5M for a 2nd pairing dman isn't obscene ,, Hammer has been up and down in his play and that has been issue

And considering the Jackets went 0-6 vs Hawks this year ,, Maybe your team should focus on more then Niklas Hjalmarsson

Old
05-17-2012, 10:07 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU View Post
That may be so but paying this guy almost 4M a season is ridiculous since he cannot play the puck, and I was kind of impressed with what I saw from Leddy, Id have him on my team he's got stones and he's only gonna get better, As far as Hammer though, unless you can keep him away from the puck, he's a liability, When ever we played dump and chase, we'd shoot it at Hammer cause we knew it was better than even money he'd cough it up right back. guy was so much better in the cup season, he looks scared out there with the puck

so it is quenneville then huh, i wondered why Keith hasnt looked like himself this year, the guy is a great player but this year he looked pretty average

Old
05-17-2012, 10:12 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Hammer is a defensive dman ,, he has always been weak with puck

His lack of offensive abilty ins't a negative as he isn't expected to contribute much offensively

3.5M for a 2nd pairing dman isn't obscene ,, Hammer has been up and down in his play and that has been issue

And considering the Jackets went 0-6 vs Hawks this year ,, Maybe your team should focus on more then Niklas Hjalmarsson
We need forwards no arguing that, we had no one but Nash to bury the puck and you had bolland on his ass every time Nash was on the Ice and you know it. it doesnt change the fact that Hammer was putrid out there with the puck.

tell you what you keep Bolland off of Nash and I bet we beat you next year, Bolland was in his damned Jock haha

Old
05-17-2012, 10:23 PM
DontToewzMeBro

Hammer doesn't make 4 per season he makes 3.5 you don't even know what your talking about.

"Almost" is like 3.9/yr

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
We need forwards no arguing that, we had no one but Nash to bury the puck and you had bolland on his ass every time Nash was on the Ice and you know it. it doesnt change the fact that Hammer was putrid out there with the puck.

tell you what you keep Bolland off of Nash and I bet we beat you next year, Bolland was in his damned Jock haha
Hammer has always struggled with puck ,, Doesn't make him any less of a defenseman as his primary job is not to be a PMD (Hawks have Keith , Seabrook and Leddy for that)

Hammer has 1 positive attribute offensively , A great long stretch pass. He can be very effective in catching teams sleeping and springing a Hawk like Sharp/Stalberg for a breakaway

And Nash didn't seem to want to compete for most games vs Hawks ,, It wasn't Dave Bolland that was reason he was giving such poor effort

I doubt very much Nash is even a Jacket next year given his desire to leave your team

Old
05-17-2012, 10:31 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Hammer doesn't make 4 per season he makes 3.5 you don't even know what your talking about.

"Almost" is like 3.9/yr
i thought he made 3.75 i stand corrected, but for what he does its still too much

Old
05-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
i thought he made 3.75 i stand corrected, but for what he does its still too much
Could be worse ,, The Hawks could be paying him 5.5M like James Wisniewski

Now talk about a bad contract ,, Borderline #4 PMD with major issues defensively getting paid #1 money

Old
05-17-2012, 10:36 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Hammer has always struggled with puck ,, Doesn't make him any less of a defenseman as his primary job is not to be a PMD (Hawks have Keith , Seabrook and Leddy for that)

Hammer has 1 positive attribute offensively , A great long stretch pass. He can be very effective in catching teams sleeping and springing a Hawk like Sharp/Stalberg for a breakaway

And Nash didn't seem to want to compete for most games vs Hawks ,, It wasn't Dave Bolland that was reason he was giving such poor effort

I doubt very much Nash is even a Jacket next year given his desire to leave your team
it was Bolland, he was on the ice every second rick was on the Ice in chicago, our coach would try to get rick some room at home with the last change, but even then Bolland would come on as soon as he could. Why dont you trade him? like maybe to mars

Old
05-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
it was Bolland, he was on the ice every second rick was on the Ice in chicago, our coach would try to get rick some room at home with the last change, but even then Bolland would come on as soon as he could. Why dont you trade him? like maybe to mars
Sorta says you have a Nash problem

Bolland is good player ,, But for Nash to struggle every game like he does because of a 3rd line C on opposing team is a big red flag

Elite talent should show up every once in a while

Old
05-17-2012, 10:39 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Could be worse ,, The Hawks could be paying him 5.5M like James Wisniewski

Now talk about a bad contract ,, Borderline #4 PMD with major issues defensively getting paid #1 money
you got me there, I agree

but at least Wiz helps us on the powerplay

i honestly dont see how Hammer helps you guys

but youre right 5.5 for wiz is as bad as 3.5 for hammer and maybe worse

so i give you that one

hey Tallon drafted him too do you think Dale would take Wiz off us too, like Campbell

Old
05-17-2012, 10:44 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Sorta says you have a Nash problem

Bolland is good player ,, But for Nash to struggle every game like he does because of a 3rd line C on opposing team is a big red flag

Elite talent should show up every once in a while
I cant argue that, i really think Bolland just is in Ricks head, its downright frustrating how he owns him

Old
05-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:

hey Tallon drafted him too do you think Dale would take Wiz off us too, like Campbell
Mike Smith drafted Wisniewski ,, Tallon traded him and never liked him

Tallon prefered Barker over Wiz and didn't feel Wiz was worth an extension ,, Terrible move as he basically gave away Wiz who's style of play physically was something Hawks could have used in 09 playoffs vs Wings

Pahlsson was a shadow of his former self and coming off Mono ,, Really weak trade at time that I hated

Still dont like it

Old
05-17-2012, 10:55 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Mike Smith drafted Wisniewski ,, Tallon traded him and never liked him

Tallon prefered Barker over Wiz and didn't feel Wiz was worth an extension ,, Terrible move as he basically gave away Wiz who's style of play physically was something Hawks could have used in 09 playoffs vs Wings

Pahlsson was a shadow of his former self and coming off Mono ,, Really weak trade at time that I hated

Still dont like it
damn, i kinda had hope there for a second, Im realistic about my team, and I think unless we get some skilled forwards to go with Nash we wont beat you guys. Bolland plays rick like he's his second skin and none of our other forwards are talented enough to get by Seabrook and Keith. thats why they target Hammer because our only chance is to force a turnover

Old
05-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
damn, i kinda had hope there for a second, Im realistic about my team, and I think unless we get some skilled forwards to go with Nash we wont beat you guys. Bolland plays rick like he's his second skin and none of our other forwards are talented enough to get by Seabrook and Keith. thats why they target Hammer because our only chance is to force a turnover
^
You should also probably get a goalie as well

Hawks goaltending sucks but compared to the mess that is Mason they look like future HOF's

Old
05-17-2012, 11:08 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
^
You should also probably get a goalie as well

Hawks goaltending sucks but compared to the mess that is Mason they look like future HOF's
true but theres enough out there that we shouldnt overpay for one

I really like the kid the Isles have Kevin Poulin, I like him just as much as Schneider if not more because he's much further than Schneider from UFA status. too bad they had Wiz or Id send them Wiz for Poulin, but theyd never do it now

canuck fans are nuts they want Nash or our 1st for Schneider, and I actually think Poulin might be a better goalie long term

Old
05-18-2012, 03:23 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Hjammer to NYI hasn't much value for the Hawks you would be willing to offer. Hawks don't need more and more of those 2nd round picks.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote