HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia - Boston

Old
05-17-2012, 09:10 PM
SheasRebellion6

vCash: 500
Philadelphia - Boston

Milan Lucic

James Van Riemsdyk
1st rounder 2012
2nd rounder 2013

Please be constructive. All I ask.

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:20 PM
bigbadbruins1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post

Milan Lucic

James Van Riemsdyk
1st rounder 2012
2nd rounder 2013

To be honest... I think the bruins would definitely consider it. JVR is a big body with skill and hands. the picks make up for the lack of experience... the only reason I turn this down is because of JVRs concussion... bruins are 1/3 on concussions so far.. bad odds.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:25 PM
bigbadbruins7

not a bad proposal i dont think. i dont think the bruins do this but they would consider itsd

bigbadbruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:25 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

I'm shocked that anyone from Boston would even remotely like this deal.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

Milan Lucic

James Van Riemsdyk
1st rounder 2012
2nd rounder 2013

(Slight) overpayment by the Flyers, I think, and honestly, not that interested.

The Flyers have a nice set of young forwards. One of them might be moved, but it should be for a similarly-aged defenseman, not another forward.

Lucic is an upgrade over the current JVR (though JVR's ceiling is higher), but it simply isn't worth giving up the additional assets.

(And Lucic in Orange & Black? Shanny would have a field day.)

Proposal isn't awful by any stretch, but I don't think it makes much sense for the Flyers.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:32 PM
SheasRebellion6

What if I added the rights to Marc-andre bourdon.

Old
05-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Nooo way. Lucic isn't available.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:49 PM
hotshot26

Potential wise JVR plus those picks >>> Lucic. But, seeing how much of a fan favorite he is, an overpayment like this is a must to get Lucic out of Boston

hotshot26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:58 PM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
What if I added the rights to Marc-andre bourdon.
Forget that, I think the value is fair except for the picks, they could be altered. Lucic in my eyes is underated. He is a physical power house who will put you on your wallet and knock you out in a fight; he plays like a bully. At the same time he is a 30-30 point scorer and if he's paired up with giroux he could become a 40 goal scorer. JVR has a very high ceiling and has the physical assets size and speed to be a great player. I think that this could work out greatly for both teams.

Last edited by SheasRebellion6: 05-17-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old
05-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Yes, holy **** yes. I'd do this deal from a Flyers pov.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:02 PM
SheasRebellion6

Flyers fans what would you be willing to give up to get Lucic?

Old
05-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Falcons93

Why would Boston do this? Late firsts aren't going to help them anytime soon and Lucic is better than JVR.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:16 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Flyers fans what would you be willing to give up to get Lucic?
Not TOO much more than JVR. JVR and a 2nd and a midlevel prospect or something. It's a swap I'd love to make for style of play and lineup purposes, but going forward I don't think Lucic is going to be significantly better than JVR.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:32 PM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
Why would Boston do this? Late firsts aren't going to help them anytime soon and Lucic is better than JVR.
JVR has higher potential and the picks will can help in the future. Picks aren't dead. It pays off in the future for BOS, probably the very near future seeing that JVR is more than likely going to have his break out season this year. I thought the trade was fair.

Old
05-17-2012, 10:36 PM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
Not TOO much more than JVR. JVR and a 2nd and a midlevel prospect or something. It's a swap I'd love to make for style of play and lineup purposes, but going forward I don't think Lucic is going to be significantly better than JVR.
I think his playstyle would complement giroux excellently and bring alot of energy. I would love to have him and then go after suter in free agency. I think it could pay off big time IMO.

Old
05-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Falcons93

Quote:
JVR has higher potential and the picks will can help in the future. Picks aren't dead. It pays off in the future for BOS, probably the very near future seeing that JVR is more than likely going to have his break out season this year. I thought the trade was fair.
JVR was going to have his breakout season for the past 3 seasons according to HFBoards.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:38 PM
reffree

Quote:
JVR is only one year older than Lucic, sooner or later that potential will need to show on the score sheet.

Edit. Oups one year younger, obviously

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:55 PM
feedingschennzy

I Hate Milan Lucic, but man would i take this deal. Its certainly good value both ways, but i think he isnt exactly filling a need.

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:55 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

big no from boston

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:

Milan Lucic

James Van Riemsdyk
1st rounder 2012
2nd rounder 2013

im a massive bruin fan and lucic is exactly the type of guy i love to cheer for but your value seems fair to me. i sort of see bergeron/marchand as naturals to play together so for me i am looking for a natural to play with seguin now to sort of solidify my top 2 lines.

I might be very interested in throwing crazy money at zach parise to convince him to come to town as our goto winger and put him on the side with seguin for the next decade and if we did that then suddenly Lucic is a bit expendable.

Id probably flip Van Riemsdyk then for either a top pick in this draft or a really good young top 4 dman. I could skate Krecji as a RW if Seguin proved ready to play center and look for a good trade for Krejci down the road. Let Horton play out his final season. Id still need to make a couple moves long term for rw's that would complment Parise/Seguin on the top unit and Marchand/Bergeron on the second unit but its 4 great starting pieces and alot of guys would be able to fill in the two missing spots here just fine.

In the meantime Boston tends to draft real well in the late first round/early second round as we have proven with guys like bergeron/krecji/lucic/knight in recent years. If Lucic could be turned into a top 6 pick, the philly first and a second then id probably go for it

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:58 PM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
JVR was going to have his breakout season for the past 3 seasons according to HFBoards.
this is why I don't go on HF that much. Half of the props are bs i just put this up to gauge people's opinions. I just really like Luc so I thought i'd put this up. It's hard to put up a truly rational proposal because people don't understand the value of the trade until some time after. Not in this instance though. The difference between Luc and JVR, is luc has pretty much reached his full potential, JVR hasn't. I think he will be a somewhat better than lucic and then you add on the picks the value is fair. It pays off for both teams.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:03 PM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
im a massive bruin fan and lucic is exactly the type of guy i love to cheer for but your value seems fair to me. i sort of see bergeron/marchand as naturals to play together so for me i am looking for a natural to play with seguin now to sort of solidify my top 2 lines.

I might be very interested in throwing crazy money at zach parise to convince him to come to town as our goto winger and put him on the side with seguin for the next decade and if we did that then suddenly Lucic is a bit expendable.

Id probably flip Van Riemsdyk then for either a top pick in this draft or a really good young top 4 dman. I could skate Krecji as a RW if Seguin proved ready to play center and look for a good trade for Krejci down the road. Let Horton play out his final season. Id still need to make a couple moves long term for rw's that would complment Parise/Seguin on the top unit and Marchand/Bergeron on the second unit but its 4 great starting pieces and alot of guys would be able to fill in the two missing spots here just fine.

In the meantime Boston tends to draft real well in the late first round/early second round as we have proven with guys like bergeron/krecji/lucic/knight in recent years. If Lucic could be turned into a top 6 pick, the philly first and a second then id probably go for it
This is exactly what I had in mind.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:04 PM
MISC*
Negged.

JVR
Read
2nd

for

Lucic

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:00 AM
phlocky

I know this isn't going to be popular on these boards but I'd prefer JVR over Lucic long-term. Obviously today you take Lucic but I honestly believe that very soon you are going to see JVR become a very good 1st line power forward. I think the Flyers would reget trading JVR let alone additional assets too.

The original proposal is probably fair but me personaly I just wouldn'd do it.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Mione134

Absolutely not. Milan Lucic came out of the womb wearing the spoked B. Trading him would be crazy, not to mention stupid especially to a rival.

Mione134 is offline   Reply With Quote