HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLIII All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
  #901
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Well looks like Nashville will dump a couple of the lovely piece we built their team with. Shame that superstar 1st liner Skost was the same player as he was here. More trouble than either of them are truly worth.

Nashville will be oh so happy to be rid of the melodramatic junk that caused the disaster that was their playoffs.

Not shocking to see some oh so willing to grab the floater radulov, surely they are the remnants of the kovalev cult.
Nothing wrong with Radulov if you can get him cheap. Markov will straighten him out and he won't be around SK and AK. Our Russians are more grounded, Emelin does not seem to be a crazy guy off the ice either.

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 08:19 PM
  #902
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Nothing wrong with Radulov if you can get him cheap. Markov will straighten him out and he won't be around SK and AK. Our Russians are more grounded, Emelin does not seem to be a crazy guy off the ice either.
Screw Radulov! I want players who live, breathe and will die for the Stanley Cup. Radulov could care less about the Stanley Cup. He got to burn the last year of his ELC in a few weeks, play a little hockey, and have fun in the fast lane. That's what he he came to North America for.

Schooner Guy is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 08:36 PM
  #903
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Screw Radulov! I want players who live, breathe and will die for the Stanley Cup. Radulov could care less about the Stanley Cup. He got to burn the last year of his ELC in a few weeks, play a little hockey, and have fun in the fast lane. That's what he he came to North America for.
Meh.. its not because he ate diner til 1am means that he don't care about winning.

He's a good a player, that can help a team win the cup.

I would not build a team around him but if he can come at a good price, I would be happy to have him.

Stradale is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 08:44 PM
  #904
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,144
vCash: 500
crazy statements don't become any less crazy when you stick "if he comes cheap" at the end of it.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 08:58 PM
  #905
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
His jersey's hangs in the rafters in Quebec....


heck we chase hometown guys out.,..not a new event.
This isn't Québec. This is Montréal.


Cue 300 gif.

overlords is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 09:10 PM
  #906
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,464
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
What a goal by kopitar wow

Great pass by him to brown, and even better pass by brown in return

What a team

Redux91 is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 09:45 PM
  #907
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Cue 300 gif.
Not a .gif but will this do?


Qui Gon Dave is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 10:06 PM
  #908
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,579
vCash: 500
Nice to see Dwight King becoming an impact player for LA. I was thinking he would get traded this year.

Dagistitsyn is online now  
Old
05-17-2012, 10:06 PM
  #909
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Into the 3rd round and not a skater in the NHL is even remotely close to Cammy's 13 goals of 2010.

Brown 7
Richards 6
Kovalchuk 6

What a sniper Cammy is/was...

I'm still impressed 2 years later.

Born in 1909 is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 10:18 PM
  #910
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,128
vCash: 500
watching LA another reminder how badly we need to draft a big time center

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 10:21 PM
  #911
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Now that was a dive from Brown.

Stradale is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 10:35 PM
  #912
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Go Kings win the Cup. You deserve it and it reminds me of when we beat them in 93


93

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 10:48 PM
  #913
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO
 
dkdanielkli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,669
vCash: 204
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Biased announcers

Don't you guys hate it when a Canadiens player kicks someone's @ss and the you can tell that the announcers are totally in favor of the opponent?
A couple of examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxRLQd6HG-A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a69CmcTRlIo

dkdanielkli is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 10:51 PM
  #914
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,755
vCash: 500
At least, another team than us will look awfully bad after all even if it pays off in the end but right now, Philly letting Richards and Carter go...and they might win the Cup while Philly is still looking at getting a goalie....doesn't look good for them. Let just say that the Philly model was surely not the right one to use....Some people did forget about something called the goalie. But seems also that the depth was not enough for Philly. They took the guess that Giroux would be able to make up for the "losses". He did. Very well needless to say. But he was close to be alone in doing it. Tons of players faded while the series progressed. Not Brière, it's his time. But the rest didn't do a whole lot.

LA got the depth that Philly let go. Yes, I guess that Philly "model" is about skills and toughness. We all agree we have to go in that direction. But while it's a good start, winning the cup is more than that. And we're seeing it now.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:02 PM
  #915
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Into the 3rd round and not a skater in the NHL is even remotely close to Cammy's 13 goals of 2010.

Brown 7
Richards 6
Kovalchuk 6

What a sniper Cammy is/was...

I'm still impressed 2 years later.
The Cammy trade was truly horrible.

Souvenirs is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:08 PM
  #916
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
At least, another team than us will look awfully bad after all even if it pays off in the end but right now, Philly letting Richards and Carter go...and they might win the Cup while Philly is still looking at getting a goalie....doesn't look good for them. Let just say that the Philly model was surely not the right one to use....Some people did forget about something called the goalie. But seems also that the depth was not enough for Philly. They took the guess that Giroux would be able to make up for the "losses". He did. Very well needless to say. But he was close to be alone in doing it. Tons of players faded while the series progressed. Not Brière, it's his time. But the rest didn't do a whole lot.

LA got the depth that Philly let go. Yes, I guess that Philly "model" is about skills and toughness. We all agree we have to go in that direction. But while it's a good start, winning the cup is more than that. And we're seeing it now.
How exactly does Philly look bad here? Would you be happy to have Carter at that contract? Richards is a solid player but obviously there were issues in the dressing room. Philly would only look bad if the return sucked. I think they got a pretty solid return. And lets not judge the trade now. Couturier and Schenn are rookies...Voracek and Simmonds are both 23 years old. I think Philly wins that deal...If Habs did half as well as Philly did in this trade, they'd be in a far better position.

People forget that Philly was not supposed to contend this year after those trades this year.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:09 PM
  #917
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Into the 3rd round and not a skater in the NHL is even remotely close to Cammy's 13 goals of 2010.

Brown 7
Richards 6
Kovalchuk 6

What a sniper Cammy is/was...

I'm still impressed 2 years later.
And the fans wanted him shipped out for a bag of pucks. Some truly don't understand just how great Cammy was in the post season.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:16 PM
  #918
nikhilmtl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
Don't you guys hate it when a Canadiens player kicks someone's @ss and the you can tell that the announcers are totally in favor of the opponent?
A couple of examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxRLQd6HG-A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a69CmcTRlIo
What else do you expect from Jack Edwards?

nikhilmtl is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:22 PM
  #919
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,123
vCash: 500
If it wasn't for Jacques Martin's system (and I'm not complaining, since he got us to the ECF), Cammy would have been popping 30+ goals a year (I don't want to say 40).

Jack Bourdain is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:25 PM
  #920
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
And the fans wanted him shipped out for a bag of pucks. Some truly don't understand just how great Cammy was in the post season.
If only we still had him, he could be helping us right now during our long playoff run...oh wait

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:29 PM
  #921
haburger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
How exactly does Philly look bad here? Would you be happy to have Carter at that contract? Richards is a solid player but obviously there were issues in the dressing room. Philly would only look bad if the return sucked. I think they got a pretty solid return. And lets not judge the trade now. Couturier and Schenn are rookies...Voracek and Simmonds are both 23 years old. I think Philly wins that deal...If Habs did half as well as Philly did in this trade, they'd be in a far better position.

People forget that Philly was not supposed to contend this year after those trades this year.
flyers aint goin anywhere til they land a real goalie.same old song and dance.i almost feel bad for they re fans.

haburger is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:29 PM
  #922
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
How exactly does Philly look bad here? Would you be happy to have Carter at that contract? Richards is a solid player but obviously there were issues in the dressing room. Philly would only look bad if the return sucked. I think they got a pretty solid return. And lets not judge the trade now. Couturier and Schenn are rookies...Voracek and Simmonds are both 23 years old. I think Philly wins that deal...If Habs did half as well as Philly did in this trade, they'd be in a far better position.

People forget that Philly was not supposed to contend this year after those trades this year.
Is it really hard to understand why Philly looks bad??

They opted for a rebuild. They did alright. They could have lost in the 1st round if they didn't face an swiss cheese goalie.

In any event, the two guys they chose not to build around anymore were moved and could very well win the cup this year.

Trade two players, get 4 players out of it, sign a goalie, lose in the 2nd round to lower seeds.
The two players traded end up playing on the same team, behind other leaders and an actual goalie (Brown, Doughty, Quick), and they're 1 game away from the Finals while being the 8th seed.


I don't think it's all that difficult to realize why they look bad.

Kriss E is online now  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:32 PM
  #923
Rgolt
Registered User
 
Rgolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: montreal, qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
And the fans wanted him shipped out for a bag of pucks. Some truly don't understand just how great Cammy was in the post season.
Doesnt matter how well he plays in the postseason if he doesnt play well enough during the season to actually get us there

Rgolt is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:32 PM
  #924
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
If it wasn't for Jacques Martin's system (and I'm not complaining, since he got us to the ECF), Cammy would have been popping 30+ goals a year (I don't want to say 40).
You mean the same system that got him 16G and 29pts in 26 PO games (career high pace in both goals and points) ???

It's not like Martin was looser in the POs. Same damn system.

Kriss E is online now  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:33 PM
  #925
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
How exactly does Philly look bad here? Would you be happy to have Carter at that contract? Richards is a solid player but obviously there were issues in the dressing room. Philly would only look bad if the return sucked. I think they got a pretty solid return. And lets not judge the trade now. Couturier and Schenn are rookies...Voracek and Simmonds are both 23 years old. I think Philly wins that deal...If Habs did half as well as Philly did in this trade, they'd be in a far better position.

People forget that Philly was not supposed to contend this year after those trades this year.
Funny how Carter has a bad contract and Richards causes problems in the locker room but Cammalleri was a godsend. He sure helped out calgary this year, he rode iginlas nuts all the way to 14th place.

More nonsense from you trying to rewrite the past.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.