HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLIII All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Well looks like Nashville will dump a couple of the lovely piece we built their team with. Shame that superstar 1st liner Skost was the same player as he was here. More trouble than either of them are truly worth.

Nashville will be oh so happy to be rid of the melodramatic junk that caused the disaster that was their playoffs.

Not shocking to see some oh so willing to grab the floater radulov, surely they are the remnants of the kovalev cult.
Nothing wrong with Radulov if you can get him cheap. Markov will straighten him out and he won't be around SK and AK. Our Russians are more grounded, Emelin does not seem to be a crazy guy off the ice either.

Old
05-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Nothing wrong with Radulov if you can get him cheap. Markov will straighten him out and he won't be around SK and AK. Our Russians are more grounded, Emelin does not seem to be a crazy guy off the ice either.
Screw Radulov! I want players who live, breathe and will die for the Stanley Cup. Radulov could care less about the Stanley Cup. He got to burn the last year of his ELC in a few weeks, play a little hockey, and have fun in the fast lane. That's what he he came to North America for.

Old
05-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Screw Radulov! I want players who live, breathe and will die for the Stanley Cup. Radulov could care less about the Stanley Cup. He got to burn the last year of his ELC in a few weeks, play a little hockey, and have fun in the fast lane. That's what he he came to North America for.
Meh.. its not because he ate diner til 1am means that he don't care about winning.

He's a good a player, that can help a team win the cup.

I would not build a team around him but if he can come at a good price, I would be happy to have him.

Old
05-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

crazy statements don't become any less crazy when you stick "if he comes cheap" at the end of it.

Old
05-17-2012, 08:58 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
His jersey's hangs in the rafters in Quebec....

heck we chase hometown guys out.,..not a new event.
This isn't Québec. This is Montréal.

Cue 300 gif.

Old
05-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
What a goal by kopitar wow

Great pass by him to brown, and even better pass by brown in return

What a team

Old
05-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Cue 300 gif.
Not a .gif but will this do?

Old
05-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Dagistitsyn

Nice to see Dwight King becoming an impact player for LA. I was thinking he would get traded this year.

Old
05-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Into the 3rd round and not a skater in the NHL is even remotely close to Cammy's 13 goals of 2010.

Brown 7
Richards 6
Kovalchuk 6

What a sniper Cammy is/was...

I'm still impressed 2 years later.

Old
05-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Hugo Sham

watching LA another reminder how badly we need to draft a big time center

Old
05-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Stradale

Now that was a dive from Brown.

Old
05-17-2012, 10:35 PM
googlymoogly

Go Kings win the Cup. You deserve it and it reminds me of when we beat them in 93

Old
05-17-2012, 10:48 PM
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO

vCash: 204
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Biased announcers

Don't you guys hate it when a Canadiens player kicks someone's @ss and the you can tell that the announcers are totally in favor of the opponent?
A couple of examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxRLQd6HG-A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a69CmcTRlIo

Old
05-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

At least, another team than us will look awfully bad after all even if it pays off in the end but right now, Philly letting Richards and Carter go...and they might win the Cup while Philly is still looking at getting a goalie....doesn't look good for them. Let just say that the Philly model was surely not the right one to use....Some people did forget about something called the goalie. But seems also that the depth was not enough for Philly. They took the guess that Giroux would be able to make up for the "losses". He did. Very well needless to say. But he was close to be alone in doing it. Tons of players faded while the series progressed. Not Brière, it's his time. But the rest didn't do a whole lot.

LA got the depth that Philly let go. Yes, I guess that Philly "model" is about skills and toughness. We all agree we have to go in that direction. But while it's a good start, winning the cup is more than that. And we're seeing it now.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Into the 3rd round and not a skater in the NHL is even remotely close to Cammy's 13 goals of 2010.

Brown 7
Richards 6
Kovalchuk 6

The Cammy trade was truly horrible.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:08 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
At least, another team than us will look awfully bad after all even if it pays off in the end but right now, Philly letting Richards and Carter go...and they might win the Cup while Philly is still looking at getting a goalie....doesn't look good for them. Let just say that the Philly model was surely not the right one to use....Some people did forget about something called the goalie. But seems also that the depth was not enough for Philly. They took the guess that Giroux would be able to make up for the "losses". He did. Very well needless to say. But he was close to be alone in doing it. Tons of players faded while the series progressed. Not Brière, it's his time. But the rest didn't do a whole lot.

LA got the depth that Philly let go. Yes, I guess that Philly "model" is about skills and toughness. We all agree we have to go in that direction. But while it's a good start, winning the cup is more than that. And we're seeing it now.
How exactly does Philly look bad here? Would you be happy to have Carter at that contract? Richards is a solid player but obviously there were issues in the dressing room. Philly would only look bad if the return sucked. I think they got a pretty solid return. And lets not judge the trade now. Couturier and Schenn are rookies...Voracek and Simmonds are both 23 years old. I think Philly wins that deal...If Habs did half as well as Philly did in this trade, they'd be in a far better position.

People forget that Philly was not supposed to contend this year after those trades this year.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:09 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post

Brown 7
Richards 6
Kovalchuk 6

And the fans wanted him shipped out for a bag of pucks. Some truly don't understand just how great Cammy was in the post season.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:16 PM
nikhilmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
Don't you guys hate it when a Canadiens player kicks someone's @ss and the you can tell that the announcers are totally in favor of the opponent?
A couple of examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxRLQd6HG-A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a69CmcTRlIo
What else do you expect from Jack Edwards?

Old
05-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it wasn't for Jacques Martin's system (and I'm not complaining, since he got us to the ECF), Cammy would have been popping 30+ goals a year (I don't want to say 40).

Old
05-17-2012, 11:25 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
And the fans wanted him shipped out for a bag of pucks. Some truly don't understand just how great Cammy was in the post season.
If only we still had him, he could be helping us right now during our long playoff run...oh wait

Old
05-17-2012, 11:29 PM
haburger

Quote:
How exactly does Philly look bad here? Would you be happy to have Carter at that contract? Richards is a solid player but obviously there were issues in the dressing room. Philly would only look bad if the return sucked. I think they got a pretty solid return. And lets not judge the trade now. Couturier and Schenn are rookies...Voracek and Simmonds are both 23 years old. I think Philly wins that deal...If Habs did half as well as Philly did in this trade, they'd be in a far better position.

People forget that Philly was not supposed to contend this year after those trades this year.
flyers aint goin anywhere til they land a real goalie.same old song and dance.i almost feel bad for they re fans.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Is it really hard to understand why Philly looks bad??

They opted for a rebuild. They did alright. They could have lost in the 1st round if they didn't face an swiss cheese goalie.

In any event, the two guys they chose not to build around anymore were moved and could very well win the cup this year.

Trade two players, get 4 players out of it, sign a goalie, lose in the 2nd round to lower seeds.
The two players traded end up playing on the same team, behind other leaders and an actual goalie (Brown, Doughty, Quick), and they're 1 game away from the Finals while being the 8th seed.

I don't think it's all that difficult to realize why they look bad.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Doesnt matter how well he plays in the postseason if he doesnt play well enough during the season to actually get us there

Old
05-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
If it wasn't for Jacques Martin's system (and I'm not complaining, since he got us to the ECF), Cammy would have been popping 30+ goals a year (I don't want to say 40).
You mean the same system that got him 16G and 29pts in 26 PO games (career high pace in both goals and points) ???

It's not like Martin was looser in the POs. Same damn system.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:33 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

Funny how Carter has a bad contract and Richards causes problems in the locker room but Cammalleri was a godsend. He sure helped out calgary this year, he rode iginlas nuts all the way to 14th place.

More nonsense from you trying to rewrite the past.

Closed Thread