HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCF Gm#3 5/17/12 : KINGS beat COYOTES 2-1, Lead Series 3-0 ... Woo Hoo !

Old
05-18-2012, 01:42 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

vCash: 500
No words...

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:44 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
According to NBC’s PR group, Games 1 and 2 of the 2012 Stanley Cup Final are planned for Wednesday, May 30th and Saturday, June 2nd at 5PM PDT. These are target dates, but good estimates.

If the Kings do sweep, that's a 10 day layoff.

I'm all for rest. I think it plays a huge factor in the finals particularly if the opposing team has played a lot more games, but a 10 day layoff is a long time.

Whoa, weird. I'll be in Lake Geneva, WI! Good thing WI is the land of bars!

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:45 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Read my edit...ugh.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:00 AM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

Awesome win. They really put the clamps down on in the 3rd period. The best way to keep them from scoring is to keep the puck for the majority of the last 20 minutes.

On another note, reading all those names of players from the past decade or so is just mind blowing. I remember just hoping that one or two of those dumpster dives would work out. Erik Rasmussen, Donald Audette, Jaroslav Bednar and Steve Heinze and the like. Thank goodness we have a legit GM now and ownership allowed him to do a full rebuild.

cyclones22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:00 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Well, was at the game tonight and I saw you Reinhold just didn't get a chance to say hi.

Anyway, bottom line is after the first few minutes of the first period I thought to myself "here it is, the run is over." Phoenix impressed me with the way they took it to the Kings. People around me were commenting how Phoenix was trying to spread the Kings with the long passes; indeed, they seemed to have found a way to get away from the central tight checking/back checking issues they faced the first two games.

I was so glad to get through that first period, only to see a pretty bad defensive shift by Richards allowing that first goal by Phoenix to go in so early in the second.

Kopi's answer two minutes later turned the game. You could almost hear and feel the air going out of the Coyotes' balloon at that point.

The last four minutes of the game was some of the most dominating hockey I ever witnessed. Basically, the Kings knew if they possessed the puck without a whistle that Doan could not get out of the penalty box. He was in there from 14:46 to until 19:04, a good solid four minutes and change. Voynov, in particular, impressed me with his offensive puck handling in that last two minutes.

Bottom line, I really felt the Kings were vulnerable in this game, and in particular the first 30 minutes when Phoenix was bringing it, but somehow they turned it around and had a really good 3rd period.

Great gut-check win.
Great insight about Doan. Good catch.

I expected the Coyotes to throw the kitchen sink at the Kings. They did. Wasn't good enough.

The Kings players had a VERY spirited locker room discussion between periods 2 and 3. Don't know the details of what was said, but it was the players, not Sutter, and obviously it did the trick.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:01 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
According to NBC’s PR group, Games 1 and 2 of the 2012 Stanley Cup Final are planned for Wednesday, May 30th and Saturday, June 2nd at 5PM PDT. These are target dates, but good estimates.

I'm all for rest. I think it plays a huge factor in the finals particularly if the opposing team has played a lot more games, but a 10 day layoff is a long time.
That Ten games off, only happens if the East goes Seven. I think Jersey wins that in Six.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:07 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Great insight about Doan. Good catch.

I expected the Coyotes to throw the kitchen sink at the Kings. They did. Wasn't good enough.

The Kings players had a VERY spirited locker room discussion between periods 2 and 3. Don't know the details of what was said, but it was the players, not Sutter, and obviously it did the trick.
Thanks...where did you hear about the locker room discussion? Would like to know the source...it makes sense though. They played worlds apart in the third.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:07 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

The forecheck is such a joy to watch. Our guys get on the opposing d-men so fast, and punish them when they do. My favorite Sutter-change.

Only 5 more...

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:18 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Not really worried about a long layoff, we've been having long layoffs since the playoffs started.

This is a veteran group with sprinkles of some smart young players. Sutter, Greene, Stoll, Scuderi, Richie, Carter, Williams, Penner won't let this team take its foot off the gas pedal. Most of the vets want to taste the Cup and they know its their ultimate goal and won't be satisfied until it is achieved.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:35 AM
Shellz

Stoll got electric player of the game for TSN. He was the best King on the ice tonight, imo. I'm surprised with the lack of attention he got in the thread. Obviously all Kings have played beyond what they are used to. He was just another level tonight.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:36 AM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Had to fly today. Damn, my girlfriend keeps talking about this Doughty hit on doan. Is there any video?

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxo View Post
Had to fly today. Damn, my girlfriend keeps talking about this Doughty hit on doan. Is there any video?
It's on youtube!

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:46 AM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
It's on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9szMt...layer_embedded

Took some searching... What an awesome play!!!

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:00 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

So wait... did we win?

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:02 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Voynov's last minute or so on ice was just awesome. It reminded me of the time Mike Allison carried the puck on a wrap around with someone just hanging off of him back in the 80s. Huge effort.

Love being up 3-0 on these clowns. They play like gutless turds who aim to injure because they have no talent.

****ing Smoke em next game and let's go get us a ****ing cup.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:14 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:

That might hurt them early in the finals but a definate advantage if it goes 6/7 games. Sure hope Kings win a cup they have been a faithfull franchise for a long time. They deserve one.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:45 AM
unhinged97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Phx already owes the NHL a lot of money, they will just put this on his tab.

unhinged97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:07 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
Voynov's last minute or so on ice was just awesome.
This! I watched my dvr of it when I got home and appreciated it so much more. He weaved his way through 2 people then just keep it all to himself by the boards, single handedly killed about 25secs

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:23 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Jack Johnson has got to be bummed right now. Team USA is done and the Kings are one win a way from the SC Finals.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:50 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Thanks...where did you hear about the locker room discussion? Would like to know the source...it makes sense though. They played worlds apart in the third.
It was a reporter, Steve Hartman from KTLA who asked Sutter about it. He heard something about it being very animated between the second and 3rd, which Sutter replied that it wasn't him. When asked who it was and would he tell them, he said "No, it's their room"

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:54 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Can't sleep...my ears are still ringing from Staples Cetner ...and I'm still up thinking about how well this team is playing. It's like our style of play but executed to perfection. Even when the other team pushes, our system stifles them enough to break up their chances. And we only grew stronger as the game went along.

This is a good time to enjoy right now. Looking back at all those names everyone is posting, it's amazing to think how far we've come since the 90's. Win or lose, we are playing at another level, and no one has the answer. We're breaking the spirit of every team we encounter. Sunday can't come soon enough.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:55 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Woooooo!

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 05:01 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Jack Johnson has got to be bummed right now. Team USA is done and the Kings are one win a way from the SC Finals.
who?
i have suppressed memories of a defenseless shrew trying to come to light. all it cost was our first to make him dissapear

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 05:10 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

5 more wins!

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:20 AM
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!

So if we take the Yotes That's seed 1, 2 & 3 and if we face the Rangers Thats seed #1 from the East right?

I would love for my Avatar to be prophetic!

Last edited by 2-4 Slashin: 05-18-2012 at 07:41 AM.
2-4 Slashin is offline   Reply With Quote