HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XI

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2012, 09:51 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
If that's really the ten best UFAs out there. We are making zero progress next season even if we were to sign all 5-10.
Proteau's opinion. Some who commented brought up some others that may be worthy of at the very least, honorable mention, i.e. Isles Parenteau.

Old
05-18-2012, 09:55 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Best case scenario with Wideman is for him to sign in the Southeast.
I want to see Sather go after him to improve their PP. Totorella's expressions behind the bench will then be priceless after some of Wideman's gaffes.

But I understand your point. He will become the proverbial "soft underbelly" for that team.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:02 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Wideman playing Torts - great idea! We may need some extra entertainment if we continue the shell game next year.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:07 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsfn95 View Post
what would people be willing to trade for Joe Thornton?

MoJo, Kuznetsov, and Wsh 1st?
Yeah..I think this is a solid idea.

Let's give up a boatload of young assets for a declining player who has a history of underwhelming when it matters most.

Maybe Jumbo Joe has had some decent playoff runs but his body of work in the post season is pretty brutal.

Not exactly the right kind of guy to bring into THIS environment and WAY too much t give up for him on top of it.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:13 AM
MW6

Any takers on Niklas Hjalmarsson from the Hawks to pair with Mike Green. A little hefty contract (3.5M for next year and the season after that), but a good shotblocker adn reliable in his own zone. Does nothing fancy with the puck, but is only 25 and would probably come pretty cheap? Good enough to be a #4 on a Cup-winner. Had a little down year, but I think mostly due to consistently switching D-partners. B's 2nd and a mid-prospect might be enough.

Or maybe a bigger deal involving Bolland as well. Let's say you convince Chi-fans that Laich is their no 2C and build a trade around Laich-Schultz and Bolland-Hjalmarsson?

(My intentions are for the Caps to use Bolland as 3C)

Last edited by MW6: 05-18-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old
05-18-2012, 10:24 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

I bet they'd be falling over themselves trying to sign before the offer disappeared.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:26 AM
MW6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I bet they'd be falling over themselves trying to sign before the offer disappeared.
I guess that means you don't like it from the Caps POV?

Old
05-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Stewie G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Yeah..I think this is a solid idea.

Let's give up a boatload of young assets for a declining player who has a history of underwhelming when it matters most.

Maybe Jumbo Joe has had some decent playoff runs but his body of work in the post season is pretty brutal.

Not exactly the right kind of guy to bring into THIS environment and WAY too much t give up for him on top of it.
Thorton has led the Sharks in playoff scoring 5 of the past 6 years. I think he gets dumped on a lot because of the lack of team success.

His age is definitely a concern, as is his $7M for the next two years, but I think the playoff thing has been blown out of proportion. He has a better playoff ppg average than Nick since he's been in the league.

Closed Thread