HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Calgary

Old
05-18-2012, 08:39 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
Chicago-Calgary

Mark Giordano

Mark McNeill
Dylan Olsen

Hawks get a good all around D-man signed longterm. Flames get our top prospect at C and on D. Olsen can play for the Flames now, McNeill not that far off. Allows Feaster more breathing room in free agency or trade if he wants to make a splash.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:06 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
We have 17.7 mil in cap space I don't think we need more breathing room for the offseason.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:15 AM
coldsteelonice84

And you'll need every bit of that and more to offer Parise + Suter the best deals they'll be offered.

Old
05-18-2012, 09:22 AM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
And you'll need every bit of that and more to offer Parise + Suter the best deals they'll be offered.
So, what you are saying is, that AFTER BOTH players signed with the Flames, they may be enticed to trade some of their best players for picks and prospects? Maybe. How do you rate the chance of both actually signing there? 0.08%?

Please make more goalie proposals though. Your hate for Emery and Crawford is delightful.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:05 AM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:

Mark Giordano

Mark McNeill
Dylan Olsen

Hawks get a good all around D-man signed longterm. Flames get our top prospect at C and on D. Olsen can play for the Flames now, McNeill not that far off. Allows Feaster more breathing room in free agency or trade if he wants to make a splash.
No chance From a flames perspective. Giordano is to valuable on our blue line, if he were traded it would be for a player who can step into our line up and be as much as a contributor as gio. Can't trade his for prospects for the fact our blue line would look terrible without him.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:06 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
No chance From a flames perspective. Giordano is to valuable on our blue line, if he were traded it would be for a player who can step into our line up and be as much as a contributor as gio. Can't trade his for prospects for the fact our blue line would look terrible without him.
Yes, understandable. I figured it would be a way to get a couple really good prospects back and then turn around and sign Suter or Jackman for the blue line, so you come out of it smelling like a rose on all fronts.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:14 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Yes, understandable. I figured it would be a way to get a couple really good prospects back and then turn around and sign Suter or Jackman for the blue line, so you come out of it smelling like a rose on all fronts.
Problem is that Gio is the most valuable player we have right now. Great all around dman (#2 guy), very consistent, prime age, great cap hit and term.

You did throw in two very good prospects from what I know. But tell me, is Olsen your best D prospect? If not, I would want your best dman prospect in any deal for Gio if I was Feaster.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:15 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Problem is that Gio is the most valuable player we have right now. Great all around dman (#2 guy), very consistent, prime age, great cap hit and term.

You did throw in two very good prospects from what I know. But tell me, is Olsen your best D prospect? If not, I would want your best dman prospect in any deal for Gio if I was Feaster.
Olsen is clearly our best D prospect and most NHL ready on top of that. He was up with the Hawks this season at times. Yeah, Gio is a very good player, could understand wanting to keep him, just thinking from a Flames perspective that you don't have many good prospects or assets to get them and the UFA market is unusually strong this year. Next move would be to go hard after Suter or Jackman.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:17 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Olsen is clearly our best D prospect and most NHL ready on top of that. He was up with the Hawks this season at times.
Do you think he is ready to step into a top 4 role this year? Obviously he'll need adjustment time, but can he play in the nHL next year in your opinion?

Old
05-18-2012, 10:19 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Do you think he is ready to step into a top 4 role this year? Obviously he'll need adjustment time, but can he play in the nHL next year in your opinion?
No. I mean, there would definitely be growing pains but to say he is ready to be a top 4 on a playoff team next year would be wrong, although it would speed up his development. He definitely profiles as a top 4 though, just probably a full year or so in the NHL from reaching that point. You could put him on the third pair of a good team (we might, likely actually), but he's not there for the top 4 next year.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Nikita Filatov

So many bad trade proposals made by the same guy all covering the front page here.

At least make one thread to put these all in or something. This proposal makes no sense for the Flames.

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:21 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
So many bad trade proposals made by the same guy all covering the front page here.

At least make one thread to put these all in or something. This proposal makes no sense for the Flames.
You're a day late buddy, must be the time change from Russia, yesterday was about trashing my props, todays ones are the goods.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:32 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
No. I mean, there would definitely be growing pains but to say he is ready to be a top 4 on a playoff team next year would be wrong, although it would speed up his development. He definitely profiles as a top 4 though, just probably a full year or so in the NHL from reaching that point. You could put him on the third pair of a good team (we might, likely actually), but he's not there for the top 4 next year.
hmmmm...I just don't see the upside in this deal for the flames then. McNeill is not very enticing to me, I don't think his ceiling is that high and I don't think he is NHL ready.

We drop arguably our best dman for two guys that, although have promise, are not able to contribute to our team now.

The flames have a handful (nothing to brag about) of good young (teenagers) prosepcts like Bartschi, Gadreau, Reinhart, Brossoit, Granlund, etc... We are missing a key group of players in the 23-26 year old age group who can contribute now.
For example a STL poster offered Perron+Cole for Gio. That deal would make much more sense for the flames. Even then we would want to be able to sign a solid UFA dman (ex. Wideman, Garrison) before making such a deal.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:36 AM
coldsteelonice84

Perron is too good to pass up IMO. Olsen is a better prospect than Cole though. Best we could do to match that is Stalberg + 2nd + Olsen.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:42 AM
blankall

Last year McNeill took a huge step forward and looked like he had he potential to be a dominant power forward. This year he failed to improve on last year's numbers. Not really all that impressed.

Giordano, on the other hand, seems to get better and better. His contract is also amazing. He's a great all around player. He hits, scores, blocks, plays solid d, etc... The packaged OP has suggested is very mediocre.

blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:47 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Perron is too good to pass up IMO. Olsen is a better prospect than Cole though. Best we could do to match that is Stalberg + 2nd + Olsen.
Good offer, especially considering Perron's injury history and the fact we do not have a 2nd in 2012. Still though, IMO Perron is the best quality in that deal regardless of his injury history.

It is the only Giordano trade scenario that I would jump at right now.

OT: I have brought up trading Giordano+Backlund to PIT for Staal. That would be my favourite Gio trade scenario, but PIT fans have never responded to me.

In closing, it sounds like CHI does not have the expendable assets to acquire Gio. A team like STL with a backlog of NHL ready prospects can give up someone like Perron.

Old
05-18-2012, 12:59 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
OT: I have brought up trading Giordano+Backlund to PIT for Staal. That would be my favourite Gio trade scenario, but PIT fans have never responded to me.
The idea of trading Staal to Calgary has repeatedly come up in the Staal threads and as I recall, we could never really agree on a second piece besides Gio. Not that much interest in Backlund and also there were some doubts of whether it was a team Staal would be high on re-signing with, although the last part is obviously just speculation.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Koto

clearly not enough for calgary MAYBE if you add a 1st.

and ofcourse they wouldnt trade him at all unless they are actually going to rebuild

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

makes sense, but I don't like this...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 06:17 PM
DJD209

Quote:

Mark Giordano

Mark McNeill
Dylan Olsen

maybe for bouwmeester and a pick

DJD209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJD209 View Post
maybe for bouwmeester and a pick
Eh. No, not really. If we're moving Gio, we're looking to have a younger guy who is NHL ready.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:24 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
We have 17.7 mil in cap space I don't think we need more breathing room for the offseason.
Not to mention that creating "Breathing room" by trading a potential top pairing defenceman with a cap hit of 4 mil is probably not the way to go. The only way Gio gets traded is if Suter signs in Calgary. Both are unlikely.

blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:31 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 302
Giordano's value is extremely high to the Flames. Only chance he gets traded is for a bluechip prospect, if the Flames were completely out of the playoff hunt. But I don't see a team giving up a top prospect for him, and I don't see the Flames trading him for anything less, so I really don't see him getting traded any time soon.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote