HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia - Boston

Old
05-18-2012, 12:49 AM
RyanCallahan24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
JVR was going to have his breakout season for the past 3 seasons according to HFBoards.
just my thought...

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:57 AM
BrindamoursNose

I like Lucic and all but nah, I'm good. JVR + those picks = Nooo thank youuuu.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:19 AM
svat

ignoring sentimental value, boston makes this deal without thinking twice.

svat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:57 AM
mfurta15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
Nooo way. Lucic isn't available.

Lucic will be traded at the draft, he could be the most overated player in the league, he is not a top six forward and cannot be used as a 3rd line checker becuase he does not back check and is a defensive liablility who is awful his own end. He will be fully exposed when he is no longer playing within the Bruins system and eventually turn into a 4th line goon with his new team ............. If he was playing for Torterella do you think he would be in the starting line up???? I doubt it , he expects his players to play hard and making defensive zone mistakes like the game 7 turnovers against the Caps that lead to their 1st goal are not acceptable

mfurta15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 05:32 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurta15 View Post
Lucic will be traded at the draft, he could be the most overated player in the league, he is not a top six forward and cannot be used as a 3rd line checker becuase he does not back check and is a defensive liablility who is awful his own end. He will be fully exposed when he is no longer playing within the Bruins system and eventually turn into a 4th line goon with his new team ............. If he was playing for Torterella do you think he would be in the starting line up???? I doubt it , he expects his players to play hard and making defensive zone mistakes like the game 7 turnovers against the Caps that lead to their 1st goal are not acceptable
Let's look at some of your other gems, shall we....

Quote:
I will guarantee this - The Boston Bruins will not win the Stanley Cup with Julien as coach and with Ryder playing a top 9 role.... When those 2 and will also include Ferrence and Paiile, are gone and relpaced with better impact players then I will actually think they have a chance to win....... this team has ZERO chance of winnig, it is that simple , if you really think they have a shot of winning the Staley Cup then you are FOOL...... I have been a fool for the past 30 yrs ,after what I watched last night I am no longer a FOOL - 01-09-2011 -
5 months later:

Quote:
Bergeron is SO overated , he is a 3rd line player getting paid 1st line $$$$

Shawn Thornton has more goals than him!!!!! #37 is offensively challenged!!!!!
Quote:
This will be his 3rd year and it will be his break out year. He was very good in the playoffs. he will be a top 4 by mid season - On Matt Hunwick -
Quote:
50 goals and 55 assist in Plymouth, he will play the first 10 games and be sent back to the OHL. Colborne and Hamill will be the rookie forwards ready to play - On Tyler Seguin -
Your player evaluation skills really haven't panned out.

Lucic would be a 4th liner? You have blind hatred for so many players to the point you completely underrate them and nitpick at every little thing in their game. The fact he's a 30-30 player while leading the team in hits doesn't mean anything. If I recall not a single player did anything in these recent playoffs.

As for the OP, Boston politely declines. JVR just hasn't panned out (YET!) and is coming off an injury. That's a lot of risk that a late 1st and 2nd just don't make up for when discussing one of the more dominant powerforwards in the league, a fan favorite, and one of Boston's top line players.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Yeah, I never even knew JVR was only a little less than a year younger than Lucic... If JVR hasn't broken out yet, neither has Lucic. So we'll keep Lucic.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:39 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
You really don't know what you are talking about.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:41 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post

5 months later:

Lucic would be a 4th liner? You have blind hatred for so many players to the point you completely underrate them and nitpick at every little thing in their game. The fact he's a 30-30 player while leading the team in hits doesn't mean anything. If I recall not a single player did anything in these recent playoffs.

As for the OP, Boston politely declines. JVR just hasn't panned out (YET!) and is coming off an injury. That's a lot of risk that a late 1st and 2nd just don't make up for when discussing one of the more dominant powerforwards in the league, a fan favorite, and one of Boston's top line players.

That was brilliant, my hat off to you!

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:07 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

I love that JVR still has a much higher ceiling than Milan Lucic when there is one year age difference between them. Only on HFBoards can that be true!! Looch has played more games, has a better goals per game, better points per game, and is obviously the more physically intimidating player.
I think it's possible that JVR puts up as good numbers, if not slightly better, somewhere down the road; but after missing half a year with a concussion, I'd need more than two late picks to rolls the dice on that.

And as a disclaimer, I like JVR a lot and would love to have him on my team.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:27 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
(Slight) overpayment by the Flyers, I think, and honestly, not that interested.

The Flyers have a nice set of young forwards. One of them might be moved, but it should be for a similarly-aged defenseman, not another forward.

Lucic is an upgrade over the current JVR (though JVR's ceiling is higher), but it simply isn't worth giving up the additional assets.

(And Lucic in Orange & Black? Shanny would have a field day.)

Proposal isn't awful by any stretch, but I don't think it makes much sense for the Flyers.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

I think this value is pretty damn close.

All though I feel JvR is more dynamic offensively (quite a bit better offensive skillset), Lucic has produced some solid goal scoring seasons.

And he would provide a serious toughness factor that JvR lacks.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:56 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
I love that JVR still has a much higher ceiling than Milan Lucic when there is one year age difference between them. Only on HFBoards can that be true!! Looch has played more games, has a better goals per game, better points per game, and is obviously the more physically intimidating player.
I think it's possible that JVR puts up as good numbers, if not slightly better, somewhere down the road; but after missing half a year with a concussion, I'd need more than two late picks to rolls the dice on that.

And as a disclaimer, I like JVR a lot and would love to have him on my team.
Players develop differently. Teams bring players along differently. JvR's development was hindered by taking that second year in college against the Flyers advisement. Lucic started his NHL development a year earlier than JvR. I think it's still a perfectly acceptable position to believe that JvR still has a higher ceiling than Lucic. In two years, if we're still waiting for a breakout from JvR, then it might be time to revisit the position.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Oates2Neely

24yr old power forward who hits like a freight train, could take out most teams heavy weight goons on any given night, ohh and he's a 30 goal scorer... Hmmm ya Lucic = Bruins.

I hope JVR really pans out, im a fan, after that playoff series last season I really thought he was gonna turn a corner, he was a monster in that series, but he tailed off. Injuries?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:00 AM
bbfan419

A big hell no from Boston, JVR is just not the same since the concussion and those picks will be late picks as the Flyers are always near the top of the standings, so it would take some over payment to get Looch out of Boston, make it Giroux instead and you got a deal, see how Philly fans would say a big no to that, well that is how Boston reacts to the original offer.

bbfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
24yr old power forward who hits like a freight train, could take out most teams heavy weight goons on any given night, ohh and he's a 30 goal scorer... Hmmm ya Lucic = Bruins.

I hope JVR really pans out, im a fan, after that playoff series last season I really thought he was gonna turn a corner, he was a monster in that series, but he tailed off. Injuries?
Yes, he just had the injury bug all year. He hasn't shown a propensity to get injured before this season, so I'm guessing it was just a fluke.

I'm pretty sure he had: abdominal/hip injury (rumored), knee injury, broken foot blocking a shot and a concussion.

It did suck because like you said, all of us (Flyers fans) were thinking he would take that next step to stardom this season but injuries but a hold on that.

I still think he's going to be a consistent 30-40 goal scorer, but we'll see.

Old
05-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan419 View Post
A big hell no from Boston, JVR is just not the same since the concussion and those picks will be late picks as the Flyers are always near the top of the standings, so it would take some over payment to get Looch out of Boston, make it Giroux instead and you got a deal, see how Philly fans would say a big no to that, well that is how Boston reacts to the original offer.
Um, what?

Giroux is currently one of the best players in the game today and face of the franchise (and one of the players the league has been marketing a lot).

While Lucic might be very popular in Boston, he is nowhere near the player that Giroux is .

Old
05-18-2012, 09:17 AM
DarrenRyan

Bruins fan. My concern is flyers fans want to get rid of this guy alot oh these boards, am i missing something? Two years ago he dominated the bruins in the playoffs, I thought he would be a star.

As for Lucic, I'd have a hard time dealing him, although after two years of falling flat on his face in the playoffs I would have to consider it, saying that it would only be to a western conference team, and for a player similar to him with alittle more offensive upside. Kessler would be my dream

DarrenRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Jumping

If the Flyers trade JVR (+) it will be for:
1) #1/2 type Defenseman (either current or future)
2) Star scorer guy (think Bobby Ryan)

Lucic is a very good player but I don't think he is what the Flyers need.

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:58 AM
SheasRebellion6

So what I've gathered from this is Boston fans are saying it will either take one of the most dominant players in the league (claude giroux 93 points 3rd most) or a selke trophy winner (ryan kesler).

The flyers can also sign FA's to fix defense. The value of schenn is low and I think they could get him for picks and rights to MAB. IMO.

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:02 AM
bbfan419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Um, what?

Giroux is currently one of the best players in the game today and face of the franchise (and one of the players the league has been marketing a lot).

While Lucic might be very popular in Boston, he is nowhere near the player that Giroux is .

That is what I said at the end of my post, Philly fans would say absolutely not for Giroux, well that is what Boston fans say to JVR for Lucic, my point exactly.

bbfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:08 AM
BadBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by svat View Post
ignoring sentimental value, boston makes this deal without thinking twice.
I think Chiarelli would be stupid to trade the more impactful and productive NHL player for "upside" and picks. Lucic is a 30/30 PF at 23. JVR is the same age and hasn't shown anything that would indicate he's developing at a rate that would eventually place him above Lucic.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
If the Flyers trade JVR (+) it will be for:
1) #1/2 type Defenseman (either current or future)
2) Star scorer guy (think Bobby Ryan)

Lucic is a very good player but I don't think he is what the Flyers need.
Cool,, Boston is ok keeping Lucic. Im sure Anaheim fans will be more than happy to give you Bobby Ryan for JVR

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
I think Chiarelli would be stupid to trade the more impactful and productive NHL player for "upside" and picks. Lucic is a 30/30 PF at 23. JVR is the same age and hasn't shown anything that would indicate he's developing at a rate that would eventually place him above Lucic.
That's not quite fair--their statistical trends were pretty close through the first part of this year--before JVR suffered a series of injuries, he was on pace for 60+ points, something too many posters seem to forget. Actually, Lucic had his own injury-plagued 3rd season...

SEASON TEAM GP G A P +/- PIM
2007-2008 BRUINS 77 8 19 27 -2 89
2008-2009 BRUINS 72 17 25 42 17 136
2009-2010 BRUINS 50 9 11 20 -7 44

SEASON TEAM GP G A P +/- PIM
2009-2010 FLYERS 78 15 20 35 -1 30
2010-2011 FLYERS 75 21 19 40 15 35
2011-2012 FLYERS 43 11 13 24 -1 24

JVR's injuries are a concern--but I think he deserves one season before the Hemsky treatment.

This is one of those rare cases where there really isn't a reason for either side to do the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Cool,, Boston is ok keeping Lucic. Im sure Anaheim fans will be more than happy to give you Bobby Ryan for JVR
Troll post? He said JVR +?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Delete

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post

5 months later:

Gotta give him credit. He doesn't know crap from shinola but it doesn't stop him saying things in a bold and definitive way!

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote