HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky practicing with full contact jersey

Old
05-17-2012, 08:48 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Let's not start with the Nash BS. I was listening to a podcast with Aaron Portzline who covers the BJs. He said Nash isn't the same player he was 3 years ago. He has 6 more years remaining on his contract. You look at this CBA stuff. Its going to be another long battle. They will probably cancel Traverse City. Another prospects tournament was cancelled yesterday. The cap stays where it is now or drops a few million and stays that way the Rangers will be a in tough stuff if they add salary and need to re-sign their own guys.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

We could use Dubinsky right now... we need some offensive zone pressure and fresh legs.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Crease

There's no sense in trading Dubi while his value is at it's lowest. I'm willing to give him a one year pass. Players have off years and I expect the organization to give him a shot next season to prove 2011 was an anomoly. If he doesn't find his scoring touch by the trading deadline, then I'd be fine moving him for a player who needs a change in scenerio.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:37 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Let's not start with the Nash BS. I was listening to a podcast with Aaron Portzline who covers the BJs. He said Nash isn't the same player he was 3 years ago. He has 6 more years remaining on his contract. You look at this CBA stuff. Its going to be another long battle. They will probably cancel Traverse City. Another prospects tournament was cancelled yesterday. The cap stays where it is now or drops a few million and stays that way the Rangers will be a in tough stuff if they add salary and need to re-sign their own guys.
There's a reason I put Nash in parentheses with a question mark, RB.

My point was that it's really easy to say it'd be nice to have Dubi as an additional line up option now - but you could equally say it'd be nice to have WHOMEVER they could have gotten for him as an additional line up option too. You can't use Dubi's absence from the current games as a reason to say "see, I told you it was a bad idea to trade him." That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
There's no sense in trading Dubi while his value is at it's lowest. I'm willing to give him a one year pass. Players have off years and I expect the organization to give him a shot next season to prove 2011 was an anomoly. If he doesn't find his scoring touch by the trading deadline, then I'd be fine moving him for a player who needs a change in scenerio.
I still don't understand this view. The outlier in Dubi's career is the 2-month span when he was scoring well above his remaining career average, not the 4 other years he's played. Better to trade him now while some around the league may still believe in the 2 month outlier, before he racks up another year of pedestrian numbers to confirm his lack of offense.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:38 AM
jmb9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
We could use Dubinsky right now... we need some offensive zone pressure and fresh legs.
I think having a broken foot eliminates brandon from the fresh legs qualifications

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9191 View Post
I think having a broken foot eliminates brandon from the fresh legs qualifications
I figured someone would bring this up.

Obviously, I was referring to when he is healthy.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Vitto79

any news on Dubi or Zuke?

I know Zuccarello has been practicing. Is it not time to play him instead of Mitchell so he can help the PP?

Also Eminger in for Bickel already

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:05 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Bickel needs to get the **** off the ice. He's done absolutely nothing. I'd rather take my chances with Erixon over him.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Bickel needs to get the **** off the ice. He's done absolutely nothing. I'd rather take my chances with Erixon over him.
This

Call up Erixon and put him on the 3rd pair over Bickel. Can it be THAT MUCH worse than Bickel?

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:32 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
It's hard to do that when you're 3 rounds deep into the playoffs.

I mean, I feel you, Bickel can be atrocious and should not be on this team if it plans to contend for longer than just this year, but given the lack of ready, available options, it isn't exactly a cut & dry move, IMO.

It's hard to overestimate the importance of physical strength and conditioning in the playoffs. Erixon has never played an NHL playoff game, and his strength, physically, is his #1 weakness. Even with Eminger, he's played one game in the last, what, 4, 5 months? I doubt he can step in and be able to perform at a good enough level, physically, to replace Bickel. It's the definition of a Catch-22, and while it sucks to not have better options, it's what we're down to at this point. Let it be a lesson learned should we be knocked out in either of the next two rounds.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post
It's hard to do that when you're 3 rounds deep into the playoffs.

I mean, I feel you, Bickel can be atrocious and should not be on this team if it plans to contend for longer than just this year, but given the lack of ready, available options, it isn't exactly a cut & dry move, IMO.

It's hard to overestimate the importance of physical strength and conditioning in the playoffs. Erixon has never played an NHL playoff game, and his strength, physically, is his #1 weakness. Even with Eminger, he's played one game in the last, what, 4, 5 months? I doubt he can step in and be able to perform at a good enough level, physically, to replace Bickel. It's the definition of a Catch-22, and while it sucks to not have better options, it's what we're down to at this point. Let it be a lesson learned should we be knocked out in either of the next two rounds.
ok fine dont put in Erixon put in Eminger. I disagree Eminger has more experience and has been practicing for a while now, he can step in ,still hits, Bickel is not going to get into a fight in the playoffs. Why is it so hard to make a change on 6th D? Heck Scott and Woywitka are just about as good a Bickel. Ok maybe not

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I still don't understand this view. The outlier in Dubi's career is the 2-month span when he was scoring well above his remaining career average, not the 4 other years he's played. Better to trade him now while some around the league may still believe in the 2 month outlier, before he racks up another year of pedestrian numbers to confirm his lack of offense.
sadly this is true

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Because it isn't just about statistics. It's also about style. Dubinsky is a very important player to this team, scoring or not.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:41 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Portzline knows there's no chance Nash returns, so he's pandering to the fanbase with the same old "we're better off without him" BS.

Philly said the same thing about Richards. How'd that turn out?

I'm not saying Nash should come here. But the kid is still young. Anybody will be rejuvenated getting out of that ****-hole situation.

Lots of teams flamed out this season. We're singing and dancing in the CF, but the rest of the unstable teams in the league want to blow their brains out.

Pittsburgh, Boston, San Jose, St. Louis, Vancouver.....they might be preaching patience but I bet they will all look to make a splash this offseason.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
dubi is such a huge gap in the roster. he gets guys pushing past their limits. even a hurt dubi would probably make enough of an impact to be worth playing him-- even if it's for rupp time.
I think we were weak the other day against NJD. Like, we have sucked many times the last two seasons to be perfectly honest. This season, we have managed to get pts in many of those bad performances, but we have still definitely several times struggled to get the job done. But we have not been "weak".

It made me thinking, what's the diffrence now compared to this last game against NJ and some of the games against Washington?

And my conclusion is definitely that we miss those attitude performances from Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky. Looking at our lineup, more or less our first line is as good as it ever have been (besides from some short hot stretches here and there). But a second line of Kreider-Step-Cally does not scare any team, despite some good plays every now and then. And our 3rd is more like a good 4th line.

When Cally was 100%, Dubinsky was healthy, and Prust to some extent also fired on all cylinders -- the make up of the team was just alot stronger.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Portzline knows there's no chance Nash returns, so he's pandering to the fanbase with the same old "we're better off without him" BS.

I'm not saying Nash should come here. But the kid is still young. Anybody will be rejuvenated getting out of that ****-hole situation.

Lots of teams flamed out this season. We're singing and dancing in the CF, but the rest of the unstable teams in the league want to blow their brains out.

Pittsburgh, Boston, San Jose, St. Louis, Vancouver.....they might be preaching patience but I bet they will all look to make a splash this offseason.
Portzline has no reason to pander to the fanbase

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:11 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Portzline has no reason to pander to the fanbase
Sorry, no.

He writes for a newspaper.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:37 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post

that might be true but it still doesn't mean that nash is worth $7.8 mil/year for the next 6 years plus a bunch of assets to us for his 30g, 60p.

i'd look at signing parise for big $$ while holding onto the kids and/or trading a bunch of assets for a top forward that doesn't have a monster contract before i turned to nash

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
that might be true but it still doesn't mean that nash is worth $7.8 mil/year for the next 6 years plus a bunch of assets to us for his 30g, 60p.
This is what drives me crazy about the Nash trade talk.

Doesn't adding Kreider at 20g and a 15g 3rd line RW and Dubinsky scoring 5 more goals do more than adding Nash at 30g, Kreider at 20g and subtracting Dubinsky's 10g? You can play around with the numbers as you will. We can add as much, if not more, simply by signing or trading for a 3rd line RW and for much cheaper in contract and/or assets.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:03 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: May 18, 2012 12:02p

Brandon Dubinsky is skating in orange non-contact jersey today. First time we've seen him on ice w/ teammates since his right foot injury

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYDNRangers/statu...15829768294400

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:05 AM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:

Brandon Dubinsky is skating in orange non-contact jersey today. First time we've seen him on ice w/ teammates since his right foot injury

sent via web
hmmmnn.......Game 5 or 6 return?

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:06 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:

sent via web
Very good news. Sounds like we may see Dubi in this series after all.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:

sent via web
Great news, this team clearly misses him.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:32 AM
nevesis

LIVE Streaming Practice right now!

http://BlueshirtsUnited.com/videos/1...m-nyr-practice

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:35 AM
RangerFan09

Im calling a game 5 return!

Just hope he gets back soon, this team needs him.

RangerFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote