HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr & stl

Old
05-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Perro

vCash: 500
After the Kings St. Louis series I now love Backes. He is a beast.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:45 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Do you honestly believe that Gaborik will put up 40 goals in St. Louis under Ken Hitchcock with Patrick Berglund centering him? I don't.
Absolutely he could. The Rangers under Torts play just as much of a defensive system. Gaborik didn't play most of the year with Richards. They started out together, but didn't click, and didn't get put back together again until the end of the year.

And Gabby scored 42 (and 86 points) in his first year with the Rangers, when his centers were Dubinsky, Christensen and Prospal.

That being said, I don't see any reason for the blues to make this deal.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Do you honestly believe that Gaborik will put up 40 goals in St. Louis under Ken Hitchcock with Patrick Berglund centering him? I don't.
Oh come on. Gaborik has been playing in defensive minded systems with mediocre centers for his entire career.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:06 PM
kimzey59

I think we all agree at this point that the proposal doesn't work for either team. I can see a few deals between us, mostly in the form of one of our wingers(Perron, Stewart, D'Agostini) for one of your centers(Dubinsky, Anisimov, Boyle) or D men(MDZ or maybe Staal), but neither team would be open to swapping core players.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
I think we all agree at this point that the proposal doesn't work for either team. I can see a few deals between us, mostly in the form of one of our wingers(Perron, Stewart, D'Agostini) for one of your centers(Dubinsky, Anisimov, Boyle) or D men(MDZ or maybe Staal), but neither team would be open to swapping core players.
I would add Stepan to that mix of people I would be interested in, but I am not sure how difficult it would be to get him. I am guessing pretty hard.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote