HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCF Gm#3 5/17/12 : KINGS beat COYOTES 2-1, Lead Series 3-0 ... Woo Hoo !

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-18-2012, 12:22 PM
  #226
driller1
Dry Island Reject
 
driller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Well, here is some sad news, look what was found beside the road, east of LA this morning.

you just hate to see this type of thing

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:22 PM
  #227
yankeeking
Registered User
 
yankeeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,566
vCash: 500
If phx didn't take as many cheap shots as they can then the embellishment wouldn't be available,after every save in their end last night either rosvil(sp) or morris would facewash,cross check and doan would elbow and the slap to stoll was at center ice what do they expect, it wasn't till the third that they played a little more straight up. I do not know if you saw it on tv or not but the crosscheck to williams throat that went uncalled even though the ref was 10 feet away and watching seened to spark some trash talking between williams and doan at the end of the period and I would bet it help spark the animated dressing room before the third. A question to those watching on HNIC/TSN did the building sound loud at the end my wife said on NBC you couldn't hear it but she knew because you could see us standing the whole time. Sunday can't come soon enough, personaly I have been waiting for 38 years for a run like this, 93 was great but I had just started a new carrer at 38 yrs old with 3 kids and just couldn't come up with the money for the playoffs, this time I am STH and have tickets to every game and a bonus its shared with my son so to say we are having one of those times of your life is an understatement and to be able to share it with all of you guys and ladies is even more special, we haven't won anything but some games yet but you have to admit we are having a good time so far........GO KINGS GO

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:28 PM
  #228
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Well, here is some sad news, look what was found beside the road, east of LA this morning.

you just hate to see this type of thing
That's pretty hilarious. A couple of double entendrés there I didn't get right away.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:35 PM
  #229
Brad Doty
Moderator
System Goalie
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,420
vCash: 250
The greatest thing in hockey for me right now is the Kings play and winning.

The second greatest is watching Smith and Doan lose.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:46 PM
  #230
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
3. When Anze Kopitar was on the ice for Game 1 of the Western Conference Final, the Kings outshot Phoenix by an obscene 24-2 at even strength. Gabriel Desjardins, who runs the terrific behindthenet.ca statistical website, sent along a list of other players who had such dominant performances. (It dated back to the 2007-08 season.) The only player who came close in the postseason was Braydon Coburn, who was plus-18 in a 2011 playoff win over the Sabres.
Kopitar!!!!

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:49 PM
  #231
TonySCV
Moderator
One More Time
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,267
vCash: 500
Been a while since we've seen Hammond unfiltered (read - opinionated), but he's bang on here:

"Dave Tippett is highly regarded around the NHL, and rightfully so. He’s a very good coach and a very good, decent man, but Tippett did a poor job of representing himself and his team last night. Publicly belly-aching about officiating in the playoffs always sounds sour, especially in the way that Tippett did it. Tippett, for all practical purposes, accused the Kings of playing a “dishonest’’ game and directly said the Kings were “getting some breaks on calls.’’ To be fair, Tippett makes a good general point. There is too much embellishment in the game today, and the Kings, like every team, are guilty of it.

Two things, however. One, if Tippett felt so strongly about this subject, why did he wait until after Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals — with his team trailing 3-0 — to become a pillar of morality? Two, to Tippett’s credit, he didn’t exempt his own team from criticism, as he noted that there was embellishment on a call that benefitted the Coyotes. That’s admirable honesty. But if Tippett really believes that, how about cleaning up his own house before he starts throwing lobbing verbal grenades? If Tippett’s intentions are pure, his statements would carry more weight if he corrected some of his players’ habits first. In Mike Smith, the Coyotes have 6 feet, 4 inches, of grown man that is often liable to tumble over in a stiff breeze.

The irony is that Tippett is “embellishing’’ his own opinion on this subject in an attempt to influence the referees through the media."

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/05/18...om-glendale-3/

__________________
"In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened." - Vin Scully being clairvoyant in 1988.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:52 PM
  #232
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown
 
KingsKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
So much fail in this.

"Kopidor"
"Kings have the ball"
"Brad Doty"
"James, save me from myself"...yeah

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:54 PM
  #233
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown
 
KingsKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Been a while since we've seen Hammond unfiltered (read - opinionated), but he's bang on here:

"Dave Tippett is highly regarded around the NHL, and rightfully so. He’s a very good coach and a very good, decent man, but Tippett did a poor job of representing himself and his team last night. Publicly belly-aching about officiating in the playoffs always sounds sour, especially in the way that Tippett did it. Tippett, for all practical purposes, accused the Kings of playing a “dishonest’’ game and directly said the Kings were “getting some breaks on calls.’’ To be fair, Tippett makes a good general point. There is too much embellishment in the game today, and the Kings, like every team, are guilty of it.

Two things, however. One, if Tippett felt so strongly about this subject, why did he wait until after Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals — with his team trailing 3-0 — to become a pillar of morality? Two, to Tippett’s credit, he didn’t exempt his own team from criticism, as he noted that there was embellishment on a call that benefitted the Coyotes. That’s admirable honesty. But if Tippett really believes that, how about cleaning up his own house before he starts throwing lobbing verbal grenades? If Tippett’s intentions are pure, his statements would carry more weight if he corrected some of his players’ habits first. In Mike Smith, the Coyotes have 6 feet, 4 inches, of grown man that is often liable to tumble over in a stiff breeze.

The irony is that Tippett is “embellishing’’ his own opinion on this subject in an attempt to influence the referees through the media."

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/05/18...om-glendale-3/
I think Hammond tends to hold back a lot, but usually you can read the subtext in what he's saying. Here, there's no subtext. It was refreshing to read that.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:04 PM
  #234
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
So much fail in this.

"Kopidor"
"Kings have the ball"
"Brad Doty"
"James, save me from myself"...yeah
Wow, she out-Jim Hill'd herself.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:19 PM
  #235
Brad Doty
Moderator
System Goalie
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,420
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
I think Hammond tends to hold back a lot, but usually you can read the subtext in what he's saying. Here, there's no subtext. It was refreshing to read that.
Agreed wholeheartedly. That was actually very nice to see.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:20 PM
  #236
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Well, here is some sad news, look what was found beside the road, east of LA this morning.

you just hate to see this type of thing


That's perfect.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:28 PM
  #237
The Butcher
**** your team
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sucksville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
So much fail in this.

"Kopidor"
"Kings have the ball"
"Brad Doty"
"James, save me from myself"...yeah


This is a person that makes a 6 or 7 digit salary to relay the news to people. TAKE 2 FREAKING SECONDS TO REVIEW THE NOTES AND GET IT RIGHT!!

It's just pathetic how little love this team gets.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:54 PM
  #238
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
If phx didn't take as many cheap shots as they can then the embellishment wouldn't be available,after every save in their end last night either rosvil(sp) or morris would facewash,cross check and doan would elbow and the slap to stoll was at center ice what do they expect, it wasn't till the third that they played a little more straight up. I do not know if you saw it on tv or not but the crosscheck to williams throat that went uncalled even though the ref was 10 feet away and watching seened to spark some trash talking between williams and doan at the end of the period and I would bet it help spark the animated dressing room before the third. A question to those watching on HNIC/TSN did the building sound loud at the end my wife said on NBC you couldn't hear it but she knew because you could see us standing the whole time. Sunday can't come soon enough, personaly I have been waiting for 38 years for a run like this, 93 was great but I had just started a new carrer at 38 yrs old with 3 kids and just couldn't come up with the money for the playoffs, this time I am STH and have tickets to every game and a bonus its shared with my son so to say we are having one of those times of your life is an understatement and to be able to share it with all of you guys and ladies is even more special, we haven't won anything but some games yet but you have to admit we are having a good time so far........GO KINGS GO
It was on TSN here and it was VERY loud. Same with game 4 vs St Louis, I thought Chris Cuthbert was going to stop talking because of it. Many of the sports reporters up here have commented on it.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:14 PM
  #239
nocturn
Registered User
 
nocturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Col. Hgts, Virginny
Country: Ireland
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Been a while since we've seen Hammond unfiltered (read - opinionated), but he's bang on here:

"Dave Tippett is highly regarded around the NHL, and rightfully so. He’s a very good coach and a very good, decent man, but Tippett did a poor job of representing himself and his team last night. Publicly belly-aching about officiating in the playoffs always sounds sour, especially in the way that Tippett did it. Tippett, for all practical purposes, accused the Kings of playing a “dishonest’’ game and directly said the Kings were “getting some breaks on calls.’’ To be fair, Tippett makes a good general point. There is too much embellishment in the game today, and the Kings, like every team, are guilty of it.

Two things, however. One, if Tippett felt so strongly about this subject, why did he wait until after Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals — with his team trailing 3-0 — to become a pillar of morality? Two, to Tippett’s credit, he didn’t exempt his own team from criticism, as he noted that there was embellishment on a call that benefitted the Coyotes. That’s admirable honesty. But if Tippett really believes that, how about cleaning up his own house before he starts throwing lobbing verbal grenades? If Tippett’s intentions are pure, his statements would carry more weight if he corrected some of his players’ habits first. In Mike Smith, the Coyotes have 6 feet, 4 inches, of grown man that is often liable to tumble over in a stiff breeze.

The irony is that Tippett is “embellishing’’ his own opinion on this subject in an attempt to influence the referees through the media."

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/05/18...om-glendale-3/
Like you said Tony, Rich is spot on and its *nice* to see someone outside of us here at HF call Tippett out on it. I lost almost all the respect Ive gained for Tippet over the past 15 years...just like that...after his stupid rant last night. And to think he was the absolute bomb of an assistant coach with us...what a bag of ******.

That aside, What the hell has happened to Darren Pang? Shane Doan must have slipped him his **** at some point and Pang must have enjoyed it.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:30 PM
  #240
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre
 
HansH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
So, I'm having fail at putting an image I created up on HFboards, and it wasn't that high-quality to begin with... so, can one of our resident PS experts please make some kind of picture with the Kings logo and a banner/label: "Playoffs 2012: Embrace The Hate" ?

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:32 PM
  #241
Cruel11
Classless Kings
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,619
vCash: 500
Replay of the game on NHL Network right now. It started at 12

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:35 PM
  #242
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Kopitar!!!!
source?

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:39 PM
  #243
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown
 
KingsKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Like you said Tony, Rich is spot on and its *nice* to see someone outside of us here at HF call Tippett out on it. I lost almost all the respect Ive gained for Tippet over the past 15 years...just like that...after his stupid rant last night. And to think he was the absolute bomb of an assistant coach with us...what a bag of ******.

That aside, What the hell has happened to Darren Pang? Shane Doan must have slipped him his **** at some point and Pang must have enjoyed it.
From wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Pang

Not saying it's the reason, but it might have something to do with it.
Quote:
Before joining the Blues, he was the color commentator for the Phoenix Coyotes.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:41 PM
  #244
Butch 19
King me
 
Butch 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A. suburb
Country: United States
Posts: 8,287
vCash: 500
I think most PHX fans have thrown in the towel for this playoff series and their season.

They've started a 2012 Offseason Thread on their board.

Their GDT is a hoot though.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:59 PM
  #245
Willard
Kings All The Way
 
Willard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Just Off Highway 1
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
They were a great example of the success DL has had in building a culture for this team. So nice to have alumni come and support the guys, I have to think the team likes it too, especially when it is someone as awesome as Goring.
Next season we need a Goring "Legends Night" at Staples.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:58 PM
  #246
DocWest
Knee Specialist
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 7,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
I think most PHX fans have thrown in the towel for this playoff series and their season.

They've started a 2012 Offseason Thread on their board.

Their GDT is a hoot though.
The best part are the fans who want a player on their team that will intentionally hurt Brown since the series is pretty much over. These are probably the same classless ****s who cheered when he got bordered. I hope that pathetic franchise moves to QC after they get knocked out, they don't deserve it in Phoenix.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:16 PM
  #247
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
Next season we need a Goring "Legends Night" at Staples.
This.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:24 PM
  #248
nocturn
Registered User
 
nocturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Col. Hgts, Virginny
Country: Ireland
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
From wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Pang

Not saying it's the reason, but it might have something to do with it.
Riiiight. Now I remember. He's the Blues Color guy now isnt he? He use to be objective back 15 years ago, but damn...even Engbloom had to "correct" Pang's view of things quite a few times over the past 3 games. You KNOW his view is slanted if Engbloom has to correct it.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:45 PM
  #249
T308
HFBoards Sponsor
 
T308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-18114451

DD and Doan even made the BBC website.

T308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 05:05 PM
  #250
Cruel11
Classless Kings
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,619
vCash: 500
Oh snap!

Quote:
Coyotes coach complains about Kings players embellishment , watch video of Mike Smith who is the King of Embelishment, quite sucking up!!!!
https://twitter.com/#!/bernienicholls9

It's really him.

Some more tweets:

Quote:
Hanzal get 1 game, Joke, Brown get's 2 min for diving when anytime u get close to Smith he dives, Smith is the biggest diver in the league,
Quote:
Smith dives against Chi n the guy get's 3 games, Doan puts Lewis face in the boards n Hazal runs Brown from the blue line n they get 1 game
Quote:
Lessons that last a life time, my coach once told me to do what u r told, my coach was Darryl Sutter, the Kings r doing what they r told

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.