HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Petersson and Claesson

Old
05-17-2012, 05:31 PM
jbeck5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
I wonder if this means he's going back to Sweden next year?
I didn't get that impression.

I said "so peterson?"

and he quickly said "no"...like almost interrupting me. I asked "so he's not close?" and he said "he's an extremely skilled and fast small player...but he needs to be more serious about being a pro"...and went on to say "he's the 2nd most skilled player behind spezza...(correcting himself) no, third most raw skill in the organization behind spezza and alfredsson." (i assumed he forgot karlsson or was just talking about forwards). So it's a matter of peterson wanting it.

Basically i understood that it's not that he wants to go back to europe, or that he's a cancer...just that he might not be putting in the hours in that silfverberg, karlsson, alfredsson etc do.(comparing him to other swedes). Not that he doesn't try in-game....but that is off ice routine/training could be more serious/dedicated.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 05:47 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

you're a lucky man jbeck, that is a cool conversation to have.

Glad to hear Turris and Wier are gonna be stronger for training camp. I really believe Weircioch is gonna make the Senators soon.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Good thing Dorion doesn't come on this forum, so he won't hear you blabbing all this dirty laundry

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:17 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
you're a lucky man jbeck, that is a cool conversation to have.

Glad to hear Turris and Wier are gonna be stronger for training camp. I really believe Weircioch is gonna make the Senators soon.
I lit up like a christmas tree. I was trying to tell all my coworkers i was helping pierre dorion, yet everyone was like "huh? who?" so i couldn't share my excitement with anyone. Last summer dan boyle came into my work. Atleast that time other people knew who he was. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblad the Impaler View Post
Good thing Dorion doesn't come on this forum, so he won't hear you blabbing all this dirty laundry
I was going to ask him about his prospect list but i figured he wouldn't say anything.

Old
05-17-2012, 08:33 PM
jbeck5

One more thing he said, that i just remembered.

he said "noesen might end up being the best player for us in that draft" so they're very high on him.

Which is something i've heard from some of you on this board.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Grigo25*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
One more thing he said, that i just remembered.

he said "noesen might end up being the best player for us in that draft" so they're very high on him.

Which is something i've heard from some of you on this board.
Wow, pretty dumb thing to say from him. He has basically thrown Ziba under the bus the last few weeks

Grigo25* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:22 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

notice the word "might"...

I have no worries about Zibanejad.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:26 PM
Philadelphia Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber View Post
Wow, pretty dumb thing to say from him. He has basically thrown Ziba under the bus the last few weeks
when Zibanejad comes to jbeck5's sportcheck he's gonna relay this info and Z is gonna request a trade

Philadelphia Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Grigo25*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
notice the word "might"...

I have no worries about Zibanejad.
Me neither. Him an Noesen are going to be excellent. Hell if Noesen is better than him in the long run and Zibanejad is good too, Ill ****ing take that right there

Old
05-18-2012, 12:11 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
To be fair, he did go on to compliment zibby by saying he's got a great speed/power game and can be flashy...he just thinks noesen might be real effective down the road.

Old
05-18-2012, 08:14 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
I didn't get that impression.

I said "so peterson?"

and he quickly said "no"...like almost interrupting me. I asked "so he's not close?" and he said "he's an extremely skilled and fast small player...but he needs to be more serious about being a pro"...and went on to say "he's the 2nd most skilled player behind spezza...(correcting himself) no, third most raw skill in the organization behind spezza and alfredsson." (i assumed he forgot karlsson or was just talking about forwards). So it's a matter of peterson wanting it.

Basically i understood that it's not that he wants to go back to europe, or that he's a cancer...just that he might not be putting in the hours in that silfverberg, karlsson, alfredsson etc do.(comparing him to other swedes). Not that he doesn't try in-game....but that is off ice routine/training could be more serious/dedicated.
Thanks for the clarification, hope they told him this and he picks up his training this summer and comes into camp ready to go and willing to do what he has to, always been a fan of his.

JonnyMacSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Lundmark17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
when Zibanejad comes to jbeck5's sportcheck he's gonna relay this info and Z is gonna request a trade
lol this quote made my morning.

Lundmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Noesen has been doing well while Zibanejad had a poor year. It's not surprising that, as things stand now, management might be more impressed with Noesen.
I would have asked about him Sean Couturier. Only person I got to meet from the Sens was Jacques Martin after losing to Jersy in 2003, didn't have much to say.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Noesen has been doing well while Zibanejad had a poor year. It's not surprising that, as things stand now, management might be more impressed with Noesen.
I would have asked about him Sean Couturier. Only person I got to meet from the Sens was Jacques Martin after losing to Jersy in 2003, didn't have much to say.
Lol so much fail.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Grigo25*

Quote:
He didn't have a poor year

Old
05-18-2012, 10:38 AM
SenzZen
Up Late With McBain

So disappointing...

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post

Silfverberg's wrist and snap shot are great. He release is lightning quick and he can beat the goalie from anywhere in the offensive zone. That being said, he does need a bit of space to pull it off, and the puck needs to be in his wheelhouse for him to really get off the perfect shot.
I've seen him score several goals where he had 0 space and I've seen him take one timers beyond his back heel. He's got one of the better shots you'll see from a 21 year old that wasn't drafted 1st overall.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
How amazing of a season do you think Noesen would have had in the SEL? Playing for Djurgardens.

They are probably seeing a guy that may end up very much like Callahan or Brown just because that type of relentless competitiveness that Noesen plays with can take players with good talent (not elite talent) to great heights in this league when the games are on the line.

A guy that gets better when the games matter most, not a guy that is just as good, or even worse when the stakes are at their highest.

The only thing disappointing about Zibanejad's season is concussions and playing for a **** team. Otherwise he probably did as what was expected of him.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:15 PM
HappyGilmour

Quote:
Petersson is a very intelligent player. He is also so perceptive and his vision is elite. This is shown in his astute assessment of the city of Binghamton.
Interesting. Would you say he has elite level perceptivness?

Discuss.

HappyGilmour is offline   Reply With Quote