HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia - Boston

Old
05-18-2012, 11:21 AM
BadBruins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
That's not quite fair--their statistical trends were pretty close through the first part of this year--before JVR suffered a series of injuries, he was on pace for 60+ points, something too many posters seem to forget. Actually, Lucic had his own injury-plagued 3rd season...

SEASON TEAM GP G A P +/- PIM
2007-2008 BRUINS 77 8 19 27 -2 89
2008-2009 BRUINS 72 17 25 42 17 136
2009-2010 BRUINS 50 9 11 20 -7 44

SEASON TEAM GP G A P +/- PIM
2009-2010 FLYERS 78 15 20 35 -1 30
2010-2011 FLYERS 75 21 19 40 15 35
2011-2012 FLYERS 43 11 13 24 -1 24

JVR's injuries are a concern--but I think he deserves one season before the Hemsky treatment.

This is one of those rare cases where there really isn't a reason for either side to do the deal.

Troll post? He said JVR +?
I didn't mean to make it sound like Van Riemsdyk has plateau'd. There's still obvious upside left in his game. The difference here is the fact that Lucic's first three seasons came at 19/20/21. Now he's 23 with back to back 25-30 goal/60+ point campaigns. Even if Van Riemsdyk stays healthy and adds 20 points to his career 82 game average, he's still not nearly as valuable as an in his prime Lucic.

JVR at 23 is still young, but he's approaching that now or never point in his career IMO. Maybe that time is now. If you're the Bruins, it's not worth the risk.

BadBruins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:36 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
Why would Boston do this? Late firsts aren't going to help them anytime soon and Lucic is better than JVR.
This. Sheesh. Hell no. At least JVR is a good player with potential so it's a good try by OP.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:40 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Let's look at some of your other gems, shall we....

5 months later:

Your player evaluation skills really haven't panned out.

Lucic would be a 4th liner? You have blind hatred for so many players to the point you completely underrate them and nitpick at every little thing in their game. The fact he's a 30-30 player while leading the team in hits doesn't mean anything. If I recall not a single player did anything in these recent playoffs.

As for the OP, Boston politely declines. JVR just hasn't panned out (YET!) and is coming off an injury. That's a lot of risk that a late 1st and 2nd just don't make up for when discussing one of the more dominant powerforwards in the league, a fan favorite, and one of Boston's top line players.

I don't think we'll ever see that guy again around here....

Old
05-18-2012, 12:08 PM
SheasRebellion6

My feeling is that when it comes to evaluating late first round talent and 2nd round talent Boston is as good as any organization out there. I definitely think JVR is trending up minus the injuries this season. I made this thread purely out of curiosity.

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Keep dreaming

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:29 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post
My feeling is that when it comes to evaluating late first round talent and 2nd round talent Boston is as good as any organization out there. I definitely think JVR is trending up minus the injuries this season. I made this thread purely out of curiosity.
It's not a bad proposal. Looking at it from a Boston POV the B's know what they have in Looch. A 30-30 PWF that will lead the team in hits and PIMS, can intimidate and change the course of a game or series with a big hit, big goal, or dropping the gloves.

JVR is a real good talent who has happened upon some bad luck. I still see him as a lanky 30-40 kind of player who can create his own offense more easily than Looch and has better vision on the ice.

That said the Bruins lose out on a very big physical skillset to add similar scoring which they have plenty of. JVR still hasn't broken out yet and with bigger players you just never really know when or if it will happen. It's a lot of risk for Boston to incur and the late picks carry a lot of possibilities but tend to be low percentage when it comes to having an impact in the NHL.

It's just too much risk with questionable upside. Lucic is also a very marketable player for the B's. I just don't see this deal really working at all.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
24yr old power forward who hits like a freight train, could take out most teams heavy weight goons on any given night, ohh and he's a 30 goal scorer... Hmmm ya Lucic = Bruins.
Im with ya. And yet some bruins fan HF users want him traded.

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:31 PM
SheasRebellion6

I've gotta be honest that surprised the hell out of me after the first couple of responses. I was prepared to get torched and some B's fans actually when for it.

Old
05-18-2012, 01:38 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
The value is more than fair, problem is Boston has no reason to do this. If they were in need of a new core and futures, then it would make sense, but they don't need either.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Let's look at some of your other gems, shall we....

5 months later:

Your player evaluation skills really haven't panned out.

Lucic would be a 4th liner? You have blind hatred for so many players to the point you completely underrate them and nitpick at every little thing in their game. The fact he's a 30-30 player while leading the team in hits doesn't mean anything. If I recall not a single player did anything in these recent playoffs.

As for the OP, Boston politely declines. JVR just hasn't panned out (YET!) and is coming off an injury. That's a lot of risk that a late 1st and 2nd just don't make up for when discussing one of the more dominant powerforwards in the league, a fan favorite, and one of Boston's top line players.
BOOOOOOOOM, You done OWNED,PWNED and someone call pizza hut cause you got PIZZ'OWNED

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:26 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
So what I've gathered from this is Boston fans are saying it will either take one of the most dominant players in the league (claude giroux 93 points 3rd most) or a selke trophy winner (ryan kesler).

The flyers can also sign FA's to fix defense. The value of schenn is low and I think they could get him for picks and rights to MAB. IMO.
LOL. Taking two posts and applying it to all Bruins fans. Clearly the Giroux post was saying Lucic is the face of our franchise (big bad Bruins) just as Giroux is for the Flyers. The guy wanting Kesler likely isn't really a Bruins fan as I don't think many of us want that flopper in Boston. but good job.

Also no chance on the 2nd part of your post either, even if Schenn doesn't have all that much value.

Old
05-18-2012, 02:28 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
That doesn't increase those picks' value. You'd still be needing more than picks late in a round added to get Lucic.

Old
05-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
Why would Boston do this? Late firsts aren't going to help them anytime soon and Lucic is better than JVR.
Wasn't Lucic taken like 50th overall or something? I think late first have good potential to help.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:41 PM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
That doesn't increase those picks' value. You'd still be needing more than picks late in a round added to get Lucic.
Ok seeing how this isn't a very serious proposal; would Read and JVR plus the picks work.

Old
05-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Baddkarma

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
JVR 2010-11 playoffs was a beast.

That said, now there are injury question marks which would preclude him as part of any deal for a legit power forward of Lucic's caliber not to mention his value to the identity of the BBB.

Lucic, for now, is untouchable short of a top 10 franchise guy becoming available as part of a larger deal.

Baddkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
If the Flyers trade JVR (+) it will be for:
1) #1/2 type Defenseman (either current or future)
2) Star scorer guy (think Bobby Ryan)

Lucic is a very good player but I don't think he is what the Flyers need.
....Good luck, man. Good luck.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:00 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
....Good luck, man. Good luck.
There's a "+" in there...

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:14 PM
ZetterBurger

If JVR is on the market, I would be very interested as a Red Wings fan. But it seems doubtful.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

JVR has a better skill set than Lucic? so what. So does Nikki Zherdev.

Even if JVR becomes a 35-35 player. Lucic at his current production is more valuable.

FWIW, the offer is not horrible, but it's like the Bruins offering the Flyers Seguin and a 1st round pick for Giroux. Why would the Flyers do this?

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:37 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
JVR has a better skill set than Lucic? so what. So does Nikki Zherdev.

Even if JVR becomes a 35-35 player. Lucic at his current production is more valuable.

FWIW, the offer is not horrible, but it's like the Bruins offering the Flyers Seguin and a 1st round pick for Giroux. Why would the Flyers do this?
I agree with your point about produciton, but it's in no way like the hypothetical offer you've made. Lucic brings an extra element to his game that fans love, but when it comes down to it JVR is better with the puck and has way more offensive potential.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
I agree with your point about produciton, but it's in no way like the hypothetical offer you've made. Lucic brings an extra element to his game that fans love, but when it comes down to it JVR is better with the puck and has way more offensive potential.
ok so maybe add a second...

Giroux at Seguins current age had a 9 goal,27 points season in 47 games.

Seguin had a 29 goals and 67 points in 81 games. It isn't far fetched to believe that Seguin could be a 90 point player.

Old
05-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Is JVR better than Blake Wheeler?