HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Parise’s dad says son would “fit right in” with Rangers

Old
05-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

vCash: 500
If we sign him, we may be able to keep Dubi one more year and trade him next year when we'd need the cap space for our RFAs.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

I still don't see the cap implications working out. Unless the thinking in the front office is to go "all in" and have Gaborik, Richards and Parise up front until Gaborik's contract expires, I can't see Parise on Broadway next year.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:08 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Suter wants one of those lifetime contracts

Quote:
“Wherever I sign I want to be there for the rest of my career , and that affects my family, my wife, my kid, if we have more kids, everything plays into it.”
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...-breakout-day/

Suter is close to Parise. Zach will want the same term. Kovalchuk got major term. Parise will want major term. They can do it before the CBA expires. The Kolvalchuk rules are in effect until the CBA expires.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I hope we can upgrade over Boyle. BTW, you giving up on Sauer?
Giving up would be the wrong word. Until I hear that he's coming back, I'm going to roll a line-up without him. He's got a LONG way to go and who knows if he'll ever be the same.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I still don't see the cap implications working out. Unless the thinking in the front office is to go "all in" and have Gaborik, Richards and Parise up front until Gaborik's contract expires, I can't see Parise on Broadway next year.
Sign Parise. Trade Dubinsky. Easy.

And if we need the cap space to re-sign our RFA's down the road, let Gaborik walk after his contract expires.

Old
05-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
While he would fit in to the style and system, I just firmly believe he won't live up to the contract he will get and the Rangers will once again be laughed at for signing an overpriced FA. I'd rather have Nash for the right trade.

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
The maturity of Hagelin, Kreider, the eventual arrival of JT Miller, Steven Fogarty and Christian Thomas will give this team a 3rd line that can score.

what we do not have is that 2nd legit scoring threat behind Gaborik.

I believe based on what I am seeing in Kreider in these PO's that he will be every bit a 30+ goal scoring forward in the NHL, but we still need that legit sniper and I believe we look elsewhere for it.
And if we break the bank on Parise how are we planning to keep any of the guys you mentioned?

Sure grabbing Parise would make us instant Cup favorites but there's less of a future in that if we don't win it. What if we don't?

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:13 PM
NYR Viper

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Carl Hagelin ($0.875m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Zach Parise ($7.500m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.875m) / Mats Zuccarello ($1.000m)
Mike Rupp ($1.500m) / Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Brandon Prust ($1.500m)
DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Michael Sauer ($1.250m)
Michael Del Zotto ($2.800m) / Anton Stralman ($1.200m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Stu Bickel ($0.700m)
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.000m)
BUYOUTS
Chris Drury ($1.667m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,433,334; BONUSES: $2,100,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,866,666

I tried to be a little aggressive with how much I gave quite a few of those players. Either way, they have the space to give him 7.5+ if they want to. I doubt he gets more than that on a longer term deal.

You could easily save 1+ million by trading Stralman's rights or letting him go. No need to carry an extra forward with Hartford so close.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:13 PM
egelband

now is not the time to trade dubi. and i suspect the rangers know that. could they sign parise and then let gaborik walk or trade him after next season when he'll be an 'expiring' contract? that might be enough juggling to work out?

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post

And if we need the cap space to re-sign our RFA's down the road, let Gaborik walk after his contract expires.
Every major RFA on the team will hit the market before Gaborik does.

Old
05-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:

Except 5 of our RFA's need new contracts the year before his contract expires. McDonagh, Stepan, Hagelin, Anisimov and Sauer will all need new deals in the summer of 2013. It's not this upcoming season that's the problem.

Old
05-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Every major RFA on the team will hit the market before Gaborik does.
And they will be receiving their first real contract. Stepan and McDonagh will be coming off of ELC's. DZ is coming off his ELC this year and will most likely get a 2 year deal.

Hank, Gaborik, and Callahan are FA's in 2 years. Let Gaborik walk, resign Hank and Callahan. It is relatively simple IMO. Unless the cap goes down drastically.

Old
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I think Dubinsky should be gone either which way, but that's a different story entirely.

Old
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
haha good call Mr. Parise. I agree.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
And if we break the bank on Parise how are we planning to keep any of the guys you mentioned?

Sure grabbing Parise would make us instant Cup favorites but there's less of a future in that if we don't win it. What if we don't?
They will be fine. If you have to move Anisimov because he asks for too much in order to bring in another potential 40 goal scorer who fits the system that is actually a good thing. They can't keep everyone. That's the point of the Cap. Trade a couple of the younger players with potential when they are up for contracts and re-fill the system with good NHL prospects.

Old
05-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Except 5 of our RFA's need new contracts the year before his contract expires. McDonagh, Stepan, Hagelin, Anisimov and Sauer will all need new deals in the summer of 2013. It's not this upcoming season that's the problem.
Who says Sauer will be back to form. We may not even need to re-sign him. Anisimov won't get a big contract. Hagelin will be coming off his ELC, short two year cheap contract.

Stepan and McDonagh are the only ones who should be locked up. I think it's much easier than people think. That's just my opinion though.

Old
05-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
And they will be receiving their first real contract. Stepan and McDonagh will be coming off of ELC's. DZ is coming off his ELC this year and will most likely get a 2 year deal.

Hank, Gaborik, and Callahan are FA's in 2 years. Let Gaborik walk, resign Hank and Callahan. It is relatively simple IMO. Unless the cap goes down drastically.
Two more seasons the way he's going I could easily see McDonagh getting 5-6 million. How are we fitting just that, let alone the 4 others?

Old
05-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
They will be fine. If you have to move Anisimov because he asks for too much in order to bring in another potential 40 goal scorer who fits the system that is actually a good thing. They can't keep everyone. That's the point of the Cap. Trade a couple of the younger players with potential when they are up for contracts and re-fill the system with good NHL prospects.
Forget Anisimov. I'm talking McDonagh, Stepan, and after that, Kreider. That's where the real money will be.

Old
05-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Two more seasons the way he's going I could easily see McDonagh getting 5-6 million. How are we fitting just that, let alone the 4 others?
One more season. He's on the second year of his ELC. He won't get 5-6 million. He is a first time RFA, Sather will hardball him.

Old
05-18-2012, 03:23 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Rangers made a big deal about Richards having a cap hit below $7M. They negotiated in media through Larry Brooks. He wanted a long term deal. Newport Sports negotiated in the media through Bob McKenzie. The Rangers hated the long term deals but they gave one to Richards because of his relationship with Torts.

Old
05-18-2012, 03:24 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Isn't that a good problem to have though? Too much young talent? Couldn't you then look to package Anisimov + for a high-end young player on a cheap contract? That is the reason it is so important for the Rangers to continue drafting well. They need these cheap contracts and if it means dealing away some of this first generation of "True Rangers' (read as Dubinsky, Anisimov, etc.) in order to keep the cap hits down on some of the depth it needs to be done.

They need top-end talent. The Rangers brass knows this. Their design is to draft and continue rolling very good depth players through while signing the correct UFA's as they will never draft high enough to get those top-5 picks where you can get a Marian Gaborik or Zach Parise unless a pick becomes a steal.

Old
05-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

May he score an OT goal to win the series. Than you guys can have him.

Has posted, the timing is very strange. I guess his pop comes from the Joe Biden school.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
One more season. He's on the second year of his ELC. He won't get 5-6 million. He is a first time RFA, Sather will hardball him.
McDonagh is arbitration eligible. The arbitrator will hardball Sather and the Rangers. Ryan has all of the leverage. He will get close to $4M per in a long term deal. A significant increase from $1.3M with bonuses.

Old
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Who says Sauer will be back to form. We may not even need to re-sign him. Anisimov won't get a big contract. Hagelin will be coming off his ELC, short two year cheap contract.

Stepan and McDonagh are the only ones who should be locked up. I think it's much easier than people think. That's just my opinion though.
Who says he won't be back to form? Who says Anisimov won't have a break out season and need a bigger contract? See? I can play this game too.

If we sign Parise on July 1st, and the new CBA pushes the cap down, this team will be in major trouble moving forward. This is a prime example of the UFA addiction this fanbase has. People are saying we can trade our 40 goal scoring UFA, just so we can sign another UFA who may or may not have the same success playing for this team. It's mind blowing.

Old
05-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Also, although it is taking a risk, if we sign Parise and then there is an amnesty clause in the new CBA, we're all set. Redden will be gone. Re-signing our RFA's will only be $6.5 million easier.