HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parise’s dad says son would “fit right in” with Rangers

Old
05-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
I'll let you all determine what this means.
It means he's signing with the Islanders, duh!

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
A scramble to deny?

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:29 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
It means he probably got an earful from Zach and is now back tracking.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:43 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
And why is that? Trade Dubi over Gaborik. You need snipers.

Parise-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Anisimov-Boyle-Hagelin
Rupp-Mitchell-Prust

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman (RE-SIGN HIM!)
Del Zotto-Bickel/6th dman

Hank
Biron

That right there is sex.
Salary cap.

And far more important players than Gaborik need to be retained. McDonagh, Del Zotto, Stepan, Girardi, Staal...

Parise is twice the player Gaborik is. Parise has and can score 40 in this league.

I don't care about what role Gaborik fills. He doesn't fit this club's identity. Parise does.

Give Parise Gaborik's money, you're swapping an enigmatic floater for a never quit leader that can score and play every situation.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 05-18-2012 at 07:54 PM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Gatorade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
How many big ticket players have been moved and had their performance improve? I can't think of a single one.

Gaborik - more healthy, but not an improvement
Richards - production declined
Kovalchuk - production declined
Hossa - production declined
Gomez - lol
Drury - lol, out loud
Briere - production declined
Heatley - production declined

I'm sure there's some examples, but I sure can't think of any off hand.
Jagr

Gatorade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:59 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
It's called backtracking and trying to save face.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:41 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Its his father...I'm sure he wouldn't intentionally put his son in a bad spot.

He was probably speaking rhetorically.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:54 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Perfect fit for the Rangers.

Unfortunately, I'm sure his dad only said that publicly because he knows Lou and co. will be reading, and he's trying to get more money for his son obviously. Highly doubt he leaves the Devils.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Salary cap.

And far more important players than Gaborik need to be retained. McDonagh, Del Zotto, Stepan, Girardi, Staal...

Parise is twice the player Gaborik is. Parise has and can score 40 in this league.

I don't care about what role Gaborik fills. He doesn't fit this club's identity. Parise does.

Give Parise Gaborik's money, you're swapping an enigmatic floater for a never quit leader that can score and play every situation.
we can afford gabby for 2 more years obviously dont bring him back after that unless its for real cheap

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Its his father...I'm sure he wouldn't intentionally put his son in a bad spot.

He was probably speaking rhetorically.
Yeah, if you read the original story, it's pretty clear he was only saying that he would fit in well.

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...873&nopaging=1

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
You mean besides McDonagh a couple years down the line?

In a couple of years, Gabby will be a UFA. Next year, we will have to sign some kids. But we should have more than enough money. However, if we are that broke, we just trade Gabby and we have the younger Parise instead of the older Gabby, plus we would get a very significant return of prospects and draft picks. Gabby's salary would then be used for RFA raises. But honestly, I don't think this would be necessary.

But most importantly, we would have both of Gabby and Parise for at least a year, and I would bet we'd win the Cup if we had Gabby, Brad, Parise and our second-tier forwards firing away, while our defense and Lundqvist keeping the GAA under 2.00.

Last edited by Beacon: 05-19-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
To me Parise is a more talented Callahan. This team has a lot of players that bring his non-scoring qualities to the table. What we're missing is snipers and we'll lose a sniper if we get rid of Gaborik.

1. Parise is younger and would stay with us longer.

2. We'd have both Gabby and Parise for at least a year, maybe 2, maybe even longer. This would make us the odds-on favorites to win the Cup.

3. If we have to trade Gabby in a year to sign our RFAs, we would get a very good return in the form of prospects and picks. Parise + prospects > Gaborik... by a lot!

Old
05-19-2012, 01:07 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Gaborik has 2 years left on his deal.

And I should point out that the two players do not occupy similar roles at all. Parise is not a go-to-sniper.

If you sign Parise you have to move Dubinsky. Its a left-wing situation. We have Dubi, Kreider, Hagelin, Rupp at RW for next year as of this moment.

What if we traded Gabby and Dubi for Tarasenko, give or take a second rounder? It would give us a top-end prospect who is probably ready for top-9, maybe top-6 duty immediately. It would save us $10 million in cap money, which would be more than enough to sign Parise.

For St. Louis, Gabby and Dubi would be an improvement over Arnott and Langenbrunner, who were paid almost $6 combined last year. They need more scoring if they want to advance beyond what they did, and getting Gabby+Dubi instead of the two aging former Devils.

Old
05-19-2012, 01:16 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

The reason we should sign Parise is that the UFA age will probably rise in the new CBA, and we will not be able to acquire another big-time scorer in his prime ever again.

And since we'd be drafting late, the odds aren't great that we'd draft an All-Star. The Rangers seem to prefer all-around guys like Miller to high-risk, high-reward guys, which won't help us get a scorer.

We should get Parise because he's literally the last chance for us to have 3 PPG forwards all on the same team in their prime.

Old
05-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
What if we traded Gabby and Dubi for Tarasenko, give or take a second rounder? It would give us a top-end prospect who is probably ready for top-9, maybe top-6 duty immediately. It would save us $10 million in cap money, which would be more than enough to sign Parise.

For St. Louis, Gabby and Dubi would be an improvement over Arnott and Langenbrunner, who were paid almost $6 combined last year. They need more scoring if they want to advance beyond what they did, and getting Gabby+Dubi instead of the two aging former Devils.
why would we do that. we dont need to get rid of gaby yet. dubi and a 2nd to tarasenko would be more than enough of a deal

Old
05-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
why would we do that. we dont need to get rid of gaby yet. dubi and a 2nd to tarasenko would be more than enough of a deal
I meant if we needed to dump some salary due to the cap cut. Gabby+Dubi for Tara+#2 would be a very good deal for the Rangers because it would set up the team very well for the future.

But if possible, I'd like to keep Gabby, Parise and Brad all together. Replacing Feds with Parise would give us an extra ~25 goals, which would probably put us in the top-5 in scoring in the NHL, especially if you consider that Kreider would replace Mitchell.

Old
05-19-2012, 01:36 AM
Dactyl

Quote:
I meant if we needed to dump some salary due to the cap cut. Gabby+Dubi for Tara+#2 would be a very good deal for the Rangers because it would set up the team very well for the future.

But if possible, I'd like to keep Gabby, Parise and Brad all together. Replacing Feds with Parise would give us an extra ~25 goals, which would probably put us in the top-5 in scoring in the NHL, especially if you consider that Kreider would replace Mitchell.
we want offense and we need it now. tara would be good in a few years. next year we could have gaborik, richie, parise, and callahan along with our young emerging stars. that would be a nightmare for the other defenses around the league. i would do dubi and a 2nd for tarasenko but keep gabs until we need the cap space. i dont want any UFAs this year to be resigned they are all garbage which leaves us somewhere above 16 million and if we trade dubi closer to 20. resign dz and stralsy then get parise, then plug in the holes with prospects (there are plenty that can make the jump). maybe trade gab after next year or around the deadline of his contract year but not now it doesnt make any sense and we dont need the cap this season we just cant be dumb and give parise 12 million per year

Old
05-19-2012, 01:53 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Enigmatic floater?

He wasn't very enigmatic when he was, you know, scoring 40 goals. Come on. We can talk about identity all we want, but if our identity is not being able to score more than 2 goals on Craig Anderson some parts of our identity need to change, like keeping 4 million dollar 3rd liners.

If we get Parise, it should be because we traded Dubinsky and somebody else, not one of our two (as of right now) offensive talents.

It's not happening though, so whatever.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:04 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
we want offense and we need it now. tara would be good in a few years. next year we could have gaborik, richie, parise, and callahan along with our young emerging stars. that would be a nightmare for the other defenses around the league. i would do dubi and a 2nd for tarasenko but keep gabs until we need the cap space. i dont want any UFAs this year to be resigned they are all garbage which leaves us somewhere above 16 million and if we trade dubi closer to 20. resign dz and stralsy then get parise, then plug in the holes with prospects (there are plenty that can make the jump). maybe trade gab after next year or around the deadline of his contract year but not now it doesnt make any sense and we dont need the cap this season we just cant be dumb and give parise 12 million per year

I agree. If possible, we should keep Gabby. But I just said that if it impossible to have both Parise and Gabby, we should get Parise and acquire prospects for Gabby.

Also, I dont see how Dubi and a late second gets us Tara. At a minimum it would be Dubi and our (very late) first rounder.

Tara is looking like a very, very good prospect who would not be available for a 10-goal scorer and a marginal prospect. I honestly dont see St. Louis giving up Tara unless they get a scorer like Gabby from somebody.

Old
05-19-2012, 04:58 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Gaborik is a floater? He has 105 goals in his 1st 3 years as a Ranger. His contract expires in 2 years and the Rangers could use that money on other players if they go in that direction. Parise will lock them in until the next decade.

The Blues don't have the cash to add money. Tarasenko really fits into what the Rangers are doing. That team has financial issues. They need to raise their ticket prices to get in line with the NHL average ticket price.

Get a clue people.

All of these high powered offensive were knocked out in the first round. That's not how the Rangers have been built.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 05:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
“I think they play the right way,'' Parise said of the Red Wings. “They play hard. The puck possession is great. The way the (defense) get involved is awesome. They play a great style of hockey. Really fun to watch.''
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....d_wings_9.html

The Rangers don't play a puck possession game. They don't re-group. The Rangers play ping pong. Torts said earlier this week. They don't play Red Wing hockey.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:23 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Why because guys like Holik didn't work? I don't see what the other failed signings have to do with Parise.
And Scott Gomez.

And Bruce Driver.

And John McClean.

But yeah, wouldn't stop me from moving pieces to make him fit. Still think Nash ends up a Ranger this summer. Unless Craig Patrick brainwashes Scotty Howson to taking a lesser package just to spite the Rangers.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Thanks Dad. You just confirmed that hockey's a business and that your son would fit well with the Rangers AND 29 other teams interested in paying him 'the str8 cash homey' that he wants.

That said, we don't need your son. Especially at a high price tag.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Dactyl

Quote:
I agree. If possible, we should keep Gabby. But I just said that if it impossible to have both Parise and Gabby, we should get Parise and acquire prospects for Gabby.

Also, I dont see how Dubi and a late second gets us Tara. At a minimum it would be Dubi and our (very late) first rounder.

Tara is looking like a very, very good prospect who would not be available for a 10-goal scorer and a marginal prospect. I honestly dont see St. Louis giving up Tara unless they get a scorer like Gabby from somebody.
i havent payed any attention but i thought he didnt want to sign with the blues

Old
05-19-2012, 09:38 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 View Post
Yup. On the same page I see that Tom Renney got fired. GM wants a different level of compete...one that competes for a playoff spot...DUH!
Well GM shouldint have a bunch of fringe skilled players and make the right moves for the right balance of players. I hope Edm come last next year, that fukin Tambelleni and his 1sts overall every year. **** him.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote