HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 13.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Reinhart played a great game today. Looking like a Larry Robinson type, physical force, scored a sharp goal, good wheels. Looked like Seth Jones tonight. What I seen of the game. I was flipping between the Blue Jays game and Memorial Cup.
I wouldn't put Reinhart in the same sentence with Robinson until he grows a mean streak. Ryan Whitney is a good comparable for me.

Old
05-18-2012, 09:43 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I wouldn't put Reinhart in the same sentence with Robinson until he grows a mean streak. Ryan Whitney is a good comparable for me.
He's going to be hell of a player, way ahead of Whitney.

Old
05-18-2012, 09:55 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
He's going to be hell of a player, way ahead of Whitney.
Way ahead of whitney? Way ahead of a 0.5+ ppg career defenseman?

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
05-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Takashi

Does grigs have the potential of a 100 points player?

Old
05-18-2012, 10:04 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
Does grigs have the potential of a 100 points player?
You realize that only a handful of people have hit 100 in the last few years? 2 in the last 2, I think. To say he definitely does or does not, no one can say. If anyone thought it had any good chance of happening, I sincerely doubt he'd be ranked where he is.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:21 PM
sheed36

C'mon overlords we're over 1000 so close this one and start #14..

Old
05-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Habsfanatical

Now do people like Griffin Reinhart? Lol

Old
05-18-2012, 10:29 PM
muzion

Quote:
Reinhart played a great game today. Looking like a Larry Robinson type, physical force, scored a sharp goal, good wheels. Looked like Seth Jones tonight. What I seen of the game. I was flipping between the Blue Jays game and Memorial Cup.

he had a pretty good game, let's leave it at that

Old
05-18-2012, 10:30 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Good thing no one like Griffin a week or more ago when I amd a couple others mentioned him because well he was ranked way to low to take at #3

Old
05-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

So after Teravanounen it's Reinhart

Old
05-18-2012, 10:45 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
It is comical watching you nitpick on Galchenyuk and then blindly defend Grigorenko.
I'm honest about ALL the prospects.

They all have issues but for some reason only Grigs gets called out. I'll be happy with whomever we pick but I won't lie. I'd be happier if we picked Grigs because I think he is the most talented player and I'd love to see the reaction of guys like you and Carey Price if we do draft him.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post

he had a pretty good game, let's leave it at that
He zapped to quickly between the two games

Seriously, I'm wasn't impressed by Reinhart..let's see how Tinordi plays and if he's good..there's no need for a defenseman like Reinhart. After seeing the Oil Kings play, I'm less threatened by them playing vs the Sea Dogs.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post

They all have issues but for some reason only Grigs gets called out. I'll be happy with whomever we pick but I won't lie. I'd be happier if we picked Grigs because I think he is the most talented player and I'd love to see the reaction of guys like you and Carey Price if we do draft him.

We are not worried.........

I think you know as well as we do that he won't be picked by Timmins, and for the exact same reasons that me and CP have been saying. Perhaps then you can call Timmins a hater for agreeing with us.

Old
05-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
He zapped to quickly between the two games

Seriously, I'm wasn't impressed by Reinhart..let's see how Tinordi plays and if he's good..there's no need for a defenseman like Reinhart. After seeing the Oil Kings play, I'm less threatened by them playing vs the Sea Dogs.
The truth lies somewhere in the middle as Reinhart was very good tonight but if you have ever watched Robinson in his prime then the comparison between the two would seem ridiculous.

Old
05-18-2012, 11:24 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
[/B]

We are not worried.........

I think you know as well as we do that he won't be picked by Timmins, and for the exact same reasons that me and CP have been saying. Perhaps then you can call Timmins a hater for agreeing with us.
I'm sure TT is non biased. The only haters are you and CP and you're not the ones involved in any part of the drafting process, thank god. So I do have hope for a solid draft pick because of that.

Old
05-18-2012, 11:39 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
I am following the habs on facebook and the only player they have talked about in the draft is Galchenyuk....

Is that a sign we are going with him? It's between him and Forsberg except if Roy is coming we might go with Grigoenko instead.

If we could get Martin Frk in the second round i would be very happy he is a very capable goal scorer.
I don't trust guys with no vowels in their name. Never have.

Old
05-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Corncob

Quote:
I'm sure TT is non biased. The only haters are you and CP and you're not the ones involved in any part of the drafting process, thank god. So I do have hope for a solid draft pick because of that.
Of course his not non-biased. His biases are just based on a lot more experience, evidence, hard work and talent than the rest of us.

Old
05-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Me and CP actually know what we are talking about. We have both stated that we don't "hate" Grigorenko so grow up and use your big boy words instead of calling people "haters" when you don't understand/agree with them. You constantly insinuate that people are picking on Grigorenko while there isn't anything negative said about any other prospect. Either you don't read anything on any other prospect or you are just here to aggravate and argue.......I'll go with the latter until proven otherwise.

Like I said, it will be absolute proof that Timmin's is in complete agreement with us when he passes on your boy. The only reason to do so is because of his perimeter game/timidness as he clearly fits every other need that we have.

Enjoy your last month in Grigorenko's fanboy club because he won't be a Hab. With any luck he will be drafted by Toronto and all of is loyal defenders can follow him to the Leaf's board where they can petition Burke to sign other popular tin men like Semin and Kostitsyn.

Old
05-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Which is more of a risk, Galchenyuks shoddy knee or Grigorenkos shoddy spine?
Just had to poke the bear didn't ya......

Old
05-19-2012, 05:51 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Me and CP actually know what we are talking about. We have both stated that we don't "hate" Grigorenko so grow up and use your big boy words instead of calling people "haters" when you don't understand/agree with them. You constantly insinuate that people are picking on Grigorenko while there isn't anything negative said about any other prospect. Either you don't read anything on any other prospect or you are just here to aggravate and argue.......I'll go with the latter until proven otherwise.

Like I said, it will be absolute proof that Timmin's is in complete agreement with us when he passes on your boy. The only reason to do so is because of his perimeter game/timidness as he clearly fits every other need that we have.

Enjoy your last month in Grigorenko's fanboy club because he won't be a Hab. With any luck he will be drafted by Toronto and all of is loyal defenders can follow him to the Leaf's board where they can petition Burke to sign other popular tin men like Semin and Kostitsyn.
Just because you think you're right doesn't mean you are right. Timmins not drafting Grigs doesn't mean squat, especially not proving you're right. It would just prove they wanted a different player.

Secondly, I've said many a time that I think Grigs is a hell of a talented player but never said he was going to get picked by the Habs. Hes also not "my boy" as ive also said many of times that have gone over your head. I like a few prospects and have stuck with them. I dont change my mind about them as theyre just as giod and talented as they were when the last played. So far from not knowing any other prospects, I just dont see many better ones than Grigs, Galy, Murray or Forsberg.

I think it's comical that you and CP get all worked up when I say that all the players in the draft have one issue or another. God forbid anyone brings up a concern about your boy Galy and his indestructible knee. That's stupid as knee surgeries always have a 100% success rate and no player in the modern era has ever had any subsequent problems after major knee surgery. That would be ridiculous! Then you have TT and the scouts concern over his drive and attitude but for some reason it's okay for him to have a soft heart but not Grigs because you guys "know what you're talking about."

Despite your assertion that i call all people who trash Grigs haters, I dont. However, you and CP clearly are.

But please, don't get off your high horse. Your arrogance and self perceived hockey knowledge is quite entertaining to watch from here. It's always fun watching guys like you fall off.

Old
05-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I don't "call him out", I just don't want anything to do with him at #3, somebody else can have him. I want a guy the coach doesn't have to continuously be pushing his buttons to try and get going, a leader on the team.

Closed Thread