HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 2.0

View Poll Results: Would you do the trade?
Do the deal 12 24.00%
Not interested 22 44.00%
Hold out for more 16 32.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
As long as we sign him before Yzerman,whether he goes to Hamilton first or straight to the Habs,I want him.
I don't think it's so much a race to sign him as him chosing which team he wants to sign with or the best offer. I read on the prior article that he had 3-4 teams after him.

Old
05-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Habitant le colon

if that kid come by I want Hartley as coach !

Old
05-18-2012, 07:39 AM
HabsSlappy

A lot of people on the main board trading for Plekanec. This is the reason that I think we should be trading him...there is a lot of interest in him and we could potentially get an overpayment.

Plekanec for the 6th overall from Anaheim + a prospect

Plekanec for the 11th and 16th overall from Washington. Many throwing Laich in deals as well.

Listen...I love Plekanec and think he is a very valuable player, but Montreal needs to decide on a new direction and start building for the future. Pleks probably only has one or two more years before he starts declining. The time to sell him is now. Go get some picks and prospects for him and build for the future.

I like him going to Washington for the 11th and 16th.

I would then use our Nashville second rounder to move up to 7th or 8th.

3rd: Galchenyuk
7th: Terravainen, Forsberg, Grigorenko, Dumba, Reilly, Murray, Trouba (depending who is there and who Timmins likes).
16th: Grigorenko, Faksa, Ceci, Aberg, Collberg
33rd: Jankowski, Laughton, Gaunce, Wilson
63rd: Samuelsson, Sutter

My picks: Galchenyuk, Forsberg, Ceci, Jankowski, Samuelsson

Getting 5 players like that would be a huge coup for this team and would put us in a great position moving forward. Add them to our core of Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Eller, Leblanc, Gallagher, Kristo, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis and we start to build something special.

2014-15 Lineup:
Pacioretty (26yo) - Desharnais (28yo) - Cole (36yo)
Forsberg (21yo) - Galchenyuk (21yo) - Gallagher (23yo)
Leblanc (23yo) - Eller (25yo) - Kristo (24yo)
White (26yo) - Bournival (22yo) - Schultz (25yo)

Subban (26yo) - Gorges (30yo)
Beaulieu (22yo) - Emelin (29yo)
Tinordi (23yo) - Ceci (21yo)
Ellis (23yo)

Price (27yo)

Average age: 25 years old

I think that would be a young talented team that would be set for the future. There would also be some competition for spots. It is quite possible that Jankowski beats our Kristo or Samuelsson beats out Schultz or one of our players are replaced with a top notch UFA.

I am not even counting that we may have another top 10 pick next year in a strong draft as well as 3 second rounders already. I would be selling at the deadline next year to get more first and second rounders.

Old
05-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Grigorenko still there at pick #16? I highly doubt it, just as Gaunce won't be there for our 33rd or Samuelsson at 63rd.

And moving from 11th spot to 7th won't cost only a 2nd round pick.

Old
05-18-2012, 08:41 AM
AmartZing

What would you give for yakupov?

What are you willing to pay to get the 1st overall pick this year? It seems that edmonton may be open to trade down, so with us getting the 3rd overall it seems legit to dream about yakupov.

I saw some stupid offer on the main board like subban+ 3rd overall for 1st, but for me that's way too much.

I'll start with 3rd overall+ 2nd mtl+ 2nd nsh

Old
05-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les mains a Gilles View Post
What are you willing to pay to get the 1st overall pick this year? It seems that edmonton may be open to trade down, so with us getting the 3rd overall it seems legit to dream about yakupov.

I saw some stupid offer on the main board like subban+ 3rd overall for 1st, but for me that's way too much.

I'll start with 3rd overall+ 2nd mtl+ 2nd nsh
3rd overall plus 33rd for 1st maybe a bit more.

Old
05-18-2012, 09:11 AM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Grigorenko still there at pick #16? I highly doubt it, just as Gaunce won't be there for our 33rd or Samuelsson at 63rd.

And moving from 11th spot to 7th won't cost only a 2nd round pick.
I doubt it too, but you never know, Button has him at 20 and he will likely slide due to the Russian factor, etc...maybe not to 16 but who knows. Besides the player we get or who is available is really a stab in the dark. Who knows how the draft is going to play out? I don't, you don't...nobody does.

IMO I would not pick Gaunce with a first rounder so I have no problem seeing him being there early second round. Others may see it diferently.

Samuelsson is wishful thinking, I will give you that.

I really wasn't trying to predict who we get, I was just saying that I think we should look at dealing Plekanec to Washington for their two first rounders so we can get 5 or 6 players to compliment our young core players. Whether we get Gaunce, Matteau, Kerdiles, Nieves or any other flavour of the week at 33 isn't really important to my post.

Old
05-18-2012, 09:12 AM
le_sean

I'd do 3rd overall + 2013 1st rounder. People might call me crazy, but how often are you this close to the 1st overall pick and a productive player on a ELC for three seasons? I would take the chance considering the Habs have 3 picks in the 2nd that year too.

Old
05-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'd do 3rd overall + 2013 1st rounder. People might call me crazy, but how often are you this close to the 1st overall pick and a productive player on a ELC for three seasons? I would take the chance considering the Habs have 3 picks in the 2nd that year too.
You're crazy! You can get it for less.

Old
05-18-2012, 09:22 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
You're crazy! You can get it for less.
I don't think you could. Would you trade it for any less if you had the pick?

We are talking about a player that has been ranked #1 throughout the entire season. He's never budged. Yakupov is clearly head and shoulders above the rest. Why would you trade that for a lesser player and a 2nd rounder?

Old
05-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
I doubt it too, but you never know, Button has him at 20 and he will likely slide due to the Russian factor, etc...maybe not to 16 but who knows. Besides the player we get or who is available is really a stab in the dark. Who knows how the draft is going to play out? I don't, you don't...nobody does.

IMO I would not pick Gaunce with a first rounder so I have no problem seeing him being there early second round. Others may see it diferently.

I really wasn't trying to predict who we get, I was just saying that I think we should look at dealing Plekanec to Washington for their two first rounders so we can get 5 or 6 players to compliment our young core players. Whether we get Gaunce, Matteau, Kerdiles, Nieves or any other flavour of the week at 33 isn't really important to my post.
Gaunce not a 1st round pick? He's a big Canadian center that can play in all three zones, he has a cannon for a shot, shows maturity and leadership beyond his years, has all the makings of a true power forward and he's been ranked 11th in the latest ISS rankings, his downsides are skating and limited offensive potential. His projection is a good 2nd line two-way center. I'll be amazed if he isn't selected in the top 20 picks.

Old
05-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Maybe if there was a big dropoff from #1 to #3, but regardless of who is there the Hbas should get a future fronline player.

Old
05-18-2012, 09:57 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Maybe if there was a big dropoff from #1 to #3, but regardless of who is there the Hbas should get a future fronline player.
I don't disagree, but Yakupov is a surefire pick, and can play in the NHL next season, two huge positives.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I don't disagree, but Yakupov is a surefire pick, and can play in the NHL next season, two huge positives.
Yakupov is safer and more polished, at this point the consensus is that Dumba Galcheyuk Forsberg Teravainen could end up being as good or better NHLers but more risky and not yet NHL ready. I don't see that difference being worth a 2013 1st.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:12 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
I do think the Habs are going to be much better next year, but dealing future firsts are dicey as you never know what can happen, and next years draft is loaded. That said Yakupov would be a dream here, he is exactly what this team needs.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I do think the Habs are going to be much better next year, but dealing future firsts are dicey as you never know what can happen, and next years draft is loaded. That said Yakupov would be a dream here, he is exactly what this team needs.
I'd rather trade a guy like Kristo than the 2013 1st.

Old
05-18-2012, 12:37 PM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Gaunce not a 1st round pick? He's a big Canadian center that can play in all three zones, he has a cannon for a shot, shows maturity and leadership beyond his years, has all the makings of a true power forward and he's been ranked 11th in the latest ISS rankings, his downsides are skating and limited offensive potential. His projection is a good 2nd line two-way center. I'll be amazed if he isn't selected in the top 20 picks.
That's fine...He is #37 on Craig Button's list.
I don't really care where he is ranked on various lists, I have seen him play quite a few times and I simply don't see him being more than a #3 centre. With a first round pick I prefer to go for more upside.

Could I be wrong? Sure of course I can. Good for him if he becomes a #1 centre. I just don't see it right now.

This discussion is for another thread though.

Old
05-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
A lot of people on the main board trading for Plekanec. This is the reason that I think we should be trading him...there is a lot of interest in him and we could potentially get an overpayment.

Plekanec for the 6th overall from Anaheim + a prospect

Plekanec for the 11th and 16th overall from Washington. Many throwing Laich in deals as well.

Listen...I love Plekanec and think he is a very valuable player, but Montreal needs to decide on a new direction and start building for the future. Pleks probably only has one or two more years before he starts declining. The time to sell him is now. Go get some picks and prospects for him and build for the future.

I would then use our Nashville second rounder to move up to 7th or 8th.

3rd: Galchenyuk
7th: Terravainen, Forsberg, Grigorenko, Dumba, Reilly, Murray, Trouba (depending who is there and who Timmins likes).
16th: Grigorenko, Faksa, Ceci, Aberg, Collberg
33rd: Jankowski, Laughton, Gaunce, Wilson
63rd: Samuelsson, Sutter

My picks: Galchenyuk, Forsberg, Ceci, Jankowski, Samuelsson
I like the idea of trading Plekanec for he 11th and 16th overall from Washington.

IF

we then give big $$$$ to Parise and dump Gomez with the new cba

Old
05-18-2012, 02:50 PM
S Bah

I see 4-5 players tops that have elite possibility where the Habs draft we get one.Trading Plekanec next season at the deadline would probably get the best return and only if it positions the Habs for a lottery pick or very close.Using the Habs 1st and the picks gained might get a lottery pick,that would be the only return worth risking the trade.Ceci,Rinehart and Trouba may be stars in a few years Galchenyuk & Teravainen the best bets for the Habs right now.

Old
05-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les mains a Gilles View Post
What are you willing to pay to get the 1st overall pick this year?
Absolutely nothing.

Old
05-19-2012, 02:06 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Absolutely nothing.
So if all they wanted was the 3rd overall and a 7th rounder, you wouldn't do it?

Old
05-19-2012, 02:38 PM
S Bah

Quote:
So if all they wanted was the 3rd overall and a 7th rounder, you wouldn't do it?
When pigs fly,we'll talk turkey.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Habitant le colon

Edmonton :

Sam Gagner
Magnus Paajarvi Svensson
1st overall 2012
3rd round pick 2013

Montréal

Plekanec
1st 2013 [and 2014 (if necessary)]
Brendan Gallagher
Mark MacMillan

------------
Minor move

Chicago :

Alexander Salak (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/Alexander_Salak)
David Gilbert (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/david_gilbert)

Montréal

Petr Budaj
Yannick Weber

----------

Sign Konopka and Jackman

----------
Draft

Galchenyuk and Yakupov.

Cole Desharnais Pacioretty
Leblanc Eller Gionta
Paajarvi Gagner Moen
Staubitz Konopka White
Geoffrion / Blunden

Markov Gorges
Subban Jackman
Emelin Kaberle
Diaz St-Denis

Price
Salak

Old
05-19-2012, 08:51 PM
S Bah

Quote:

I like your idea of trying to load up with prospects by getting Washington's #11 & #16.The Habs might be wise in that situation to draft both Matteau & Nerdiles with those picks,each of them being power forwards in about 4 yrs.If they get Nieves with their 33rd pick it would give them a French Connection in a few years.That's a name only the Buffalo line ever had,strange when the Habs have had so many great ones themselves.

Old
05-19-2012, 11:11 PM
OneSharpMarble

TRading Pleks now would be a terrible move. WE would be sacrificing all of next year with Desharnais as our #1 centre. Whoever we take in the first round will not be ready for the NHL next year.

Best course of action IMO is keep Pleks one more year, let whoever we take this year develop and then trade Pleks next year for a shot at someone like Barkov or Jones. This years draft is way too hit or miss. The habs are too good to purposly tank if we get a half decent coach.

Closed Thread