HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The disaster which is the Bruins under o'connel

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2006, 05:33 PM
gojt

vCash: 500
The disaster which is the Bruins under o'connel

Bruins fans,

For all you denying how o'connel and sinden have finally ruined a historic original 6.
Don't go around the realities of this distruction. All on the HUGE mistake along with the some big mistakes they've made this year and previous. The HUGE mistake of giving away your franchise player in Thornton whom this hockey season just turned """"""26""""". Yes, 26. This along with the stupid moves of getting rid of Scatchard for the bum tanabe and Samsonov, only 27, yes 27, for a 29 year old nobody, Reasoner, and a guy you gave away last summer as someone the team saw no future with, stastny. After Thornton was pushed away, Murray as well as Samsonov had gone into hibernation as it was obvious they didn't want to be there. don't give the B.S. of "he's turning 24 and still learning the game and could be a good player in the future, if he doesn't really know the game yet then yes, you will have another zhamnov on your hands. don't give us all the B.S. like you feed the boston media on, how your building a young good team for the future and these moves should. Thornton and Samsonov were the young guys to build around. You gave away the likes of Knuble, Rolston, Guerin and Mclaren (the latter couldn't stand you and ownership and wanted to leave--the same which will happen with Boynton now).

don't try to fool the hockey bed here in Toronto with that same crap the media and fans in boston fall for. You screwed up and the long time fans of boston, like myself, have paid for it. You gave away a young franchise player and you refused to build around him with support for him and you tried to make him the fish for the "un-success" of the Bruins when, it's the losers like yourself and sinden and the jacobs whom are to blame. who do you plan to build around now? bergeron? he's a good player but not close to being a franchise player and don't try to be smart and fool the people with your idiocy. Do you think you're going to sign 10 super free agents this summer to become a contender?

o'connels and sinden's legacy of distructing an original 6; the team now has NOTHING to build around. NOTHING; they sell off Bourque ((instead of letting him retire as a true Bruin and, in his last season just build around him with players on 1 & 2 year deals which you could later move and make that one run for the cup with Bourque and the youngsters like Thornton)), they sent off Mclaren, they sent of Guerin, they sent off Knuble, they sent off Rolston, they sent off Nylander, they sent off Carter, they sent off Allison when he was totally healthy, they sent off their franchise Thornton, they sent of Samsonov. They'll now most likely lose Boynton and Gill. Way to go bruins way to go.

your a fool and nothing but the jacobs little puppy dog. you can laugh this all off but, the hockey media in toronto from all forms of t.v. and radio have laughed at your "un-skill" as a g.m. and your stupity at the moves you've made this and last season. ( the mistake of letting Rolston and Knuble go for, whom again, oh yeah- the superstar tandem of isbuster and zhamnothing. oh, didn't you also throw machechern in there? oh yeah, he's in the minors. has fitzgerald and green scored a goal in 2006 yet? hmmm. I'd have to check that. has lacatoure thrown a body check yet, or scored a goal or got an assist yet? hmm, i'd have to check that too ). I better not go on too long mr. o'connell, i know you have to get the coffee ready for jeremy jacobs and his son. otherwise they might let you go, not because of the trash you've done to this team but, becuase their coffee might be too strong or too cold."

p.s. --As well, your joke of a media in Boston have the guts to blame Thornton for the lack of playoff success the last few years. They should look at the management of boston and the lack of support they provided him for the run as well, when he injured his ribs the last playoffs, they gave him no support at all to explain his injury to the media. Just used him as a scapegoat again.

Here in Toronto we have a joke of a team as well but, the media here destroy the team and management and literally embarrass them to death, unlike the pansy of media in Boston whom put up with it for a MUCH longer term than fans here in T.O.

My pick, Bourque for management and Neely and O'reilly as the coaching team. They'll shape up our team once and for all.

Johnny from the hockey bed of the world (though a bruins fan).

Old
03-24-2006, 05:47 PM
thenextone

Jacobs was a hardliner during the lockout that helped contribute to the lost season. I can't say im sad to see the Bruins suffer from poor lockout management.

Too bad the Hurricanes (Karmanos) and Predators (Whateverhisnameis) are doing well

Old
03-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
its horrible to think that from that draft years first 2 picks within the top 10, they not only got:

Sturm, Stuart, Primeau, Stastny, Reasoner, and a first

for

Joe Thornton, Sergei Samsonov

if that was a proposal in my keeper league, no way would this ever go down, its so brutal, very upsetting for the bruins fans

Old
03-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Epsilon
#TeamRaccoon

Some people seem to forget the rule changes with regards to unrestricted free agency. You make it sound like Boston could have kept Thornton and Samsonov around for another half-decade if they wanted to.

Old
03-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
Some people seem to forget the rule changes with regards to unrestricted free agency. You make it sound like Boston could have kept Thornton and Samsonov around for another half-decade if they wanted to.
Seriously...there was no way Sammy was resigning and probably no way the Bruins WANTED to resign him.

Old
03-24-2006, 07:35 PM
thenextone

Quote:
How long was Thornton's deal?

Old
03-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
they could have, the cap wouldnt have hurt them, they jhust cant keep them because both players know there GM wont do anything to help them, why would i wanna stay there either, im JT ive been around for 6-7 years or more 8 isnt it? and nothing has happened worth staying, forget it... they need a new gm badly, someone dedicated to trying and if the owner is restricting things too then get him out

Old
03-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

They easily could have kept Thornton for a few more years, maybe even more, because he didn't want to leave Boston. Samsonov is a different story, but I guarantee you Thornton would have convinced Samsonov to stay in Boston this offseason, if both were still there.

Thornton was traded because the Bruins used him as a scapegoat for the past playoff failures and the slow start this year. If I've ever seen a GM press the panic button, MOC did it with JT.

Old
03-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan
They easily could have kept Thornton for a few more years, maybe even more, because he didn't want to leave Boston. Samsonov is a different story, but I guarantee you Thornton would have convinced Samsonov to stay in Boston this offseason, if both were still there.

Thornton was traded because the Bruins used him as a scapegoat for the past playoff failures and the slow start this year. If I've ever seen a GM press the panic button, MOC did it with JT.
If Thornton didn't make himself an easy target by sucking in the playoffs he wouldn't have been made a scapegoat.

Old
03-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
If Thornton didn't make himself an easy target by sucking in the playoffs he wouldn't have been made a scapegoat.
Yes, but the Bruins did treat him like crap during the playoffs when he had the broken rib. They knew they needed a scapegoat. Glen Murray sucked in the playoffs too. Before last year, Samsonov did too. Thornton was picked out because he was the biggest, literally and figuratively.

Old
03-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Bruinaholic

Send a message via AIM to Bruinaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
its horrible to think that from that draft years first 2 picks within the top 10, they not only got:

for

if that was a proposal in my keeper league, no way would this ever go down, its so brutal, very upsetting for the bruins fans
The Ruins didnt even gets a 1st rd pick...make that a 2nd or a 3rd
The team is a joke and turns my stomach just thinking about how Mike O'Cornhole f'd this franchise for the next few years(atleast)

Old
03-24-2006, 09:16 PM
BadBruins

Quote:
I think you got it wrong! Samsonov was the one who went on record saying he wanted to stay in Boston!

Old
03-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40

for

It would be better if it was Peter Statsny and Keith Primeau

Old
03-24-2006, 10:58 PM
acr*

Quote:
Yes, but the Bruins did treat him like crap during the playoffs when he had the broken rib. They knew they needed a scapegoat. Glen Murray sucked in the playoffs too. Before last year, Samsonov did too. Thornton was picked out because he was the biggest, literally and figuratively.
Murray put up a few goals, including the big double OT winner in game 4(even if Kovalev and Souray giftwrapped it by trying to fake an injury and colliding). Knuble worked his *** off all series and even got the tying goal with 20~ seconds left in the aforementioned game 4. Samsonov-Nylander-Bergeron was a completely dominant second line for them that series, so the arguement that Thornton will be better because the defense has to focus on Marleau's line too is a load of bull. Koivu had the exact same injury as Thornton, but lit up the scoresheet.

I can't believe people are still excusing him for that series. 7 games without a point. Not even an assist. All you have to do to get an assist is get hit in the butt with a puck and have your teammate pick it up and set up a goal at the other end. I don't know how he managed to go 7 games with first line minutes without recording a point. He was also invisible for most of the Olympics, except when they'd play Italy and were alreay up by 7.

Until Thornton does something in a playoff scenario, he shouldn't be trusted, and you can't blame the Bruins one bit for going in a different direction. As Harry Sinden said after the deal, when he was drafted #1, they thought he'd be a Hall of Fame player, but he didn't grow as much as they thought he would.

Old
03-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badbruin
I think you got it wrong! Samsonov was the one who went on record saying he wanted to stay in Boston!
And Belfour said he wanted to stay in San Jose........then signed with Dallas on the first day of free agency.

Old
03-24-2006, 11:18 PM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:
Boston did sign Thorton to a 3 year 18 million extension. infact, it wasnt even that much of a Salary dump by brining the guys he was traded for. They save like 1 million dollars or something like that. Trading samsonov was a diffrent story, but they had no excuse for trading their franchice player away.

Old
03-25-2006, 06:01 AM
reckoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextone
Jacobs was a hardliner during the lockout that helped contribute to the lost season. I can't say im sad to see the Bruins suffer from poor lockout management.

Too bad the Hurricanes (Karmanos) and Predators (Whateverhisnameis) are doing well
My thoughts exactly. On the positive side though, Wirtz and the Hawks still suck.

Old
03-25-2006, 06:12 AM
Sadekuuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojt
zhamnothing
I prefer Shamnov.

Old
03-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadekuuro
I prefer Shamnov.

Well, then it's a good thing that O'Connell just got canned.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=160065&hubname=

When is it going to be Sinden's turn?

Old
03-25-2006, 08:06 PM
tom_servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
And Belfour said he wanted to stay in San Jose........then signed with Dallas on the first day of free agency.
Wow, I'd totally forgotten Belfour's stint with the Sharks.

Closed Thread