HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF - Game 3 - Devils lose 3-0... again. End of the world edition.

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2012, 02:55 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

vCash: 500
Break up the top line. I don't understand why they were ever put back together. No player really looks any better than they did when they were separated and in fact, IMO, Zach looks worse.

Bring back Larsson. You have last a grand total of 1, ONE, playoff game with him in the lineup.

If YaYo is ready, give Sykie a rest. I don't think he's been bad, but he's not really helping at this point.

Give Volchie a rest. More or less the same reasoning as Sykora.

Old
05-19-2012, 02:56 PM
mtxed

**** the Rangers......got lucky vs Washington, lucky vs us now.... these guys take one god damn shot on the PP and it MAGICALLY goes in....... is there no justice in the world......can the better TEAM not win??? how is it that we work so much harder and the results don't show................

Old
05-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Just Win
Free Larsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Sykora? You there? 5 out of 30 whatever of their shots on Hank were good. The rest were garbage imo.
I don't really get why you are singling out Sykora. He is making the minimum salary. The guys with the top salary were our much bigger problem today. Our 4th line played solid the other 3 lines did not.

But i agree on the shots parts. We took a lot of low quality shots. Even Cherry pointed it out during the first intermission. We have to go to the net and make the queen actually work for his saves. Can't allow him to just sit back in the net without having to move around much.

Old
05-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Elias flubbed 1 or 2 scoring opportunities, passed when he should have shot, shot when he should have passed, was tentative, and had a few turnovers.

Elias was SO TERRIBLE today, he should be demoted to 3rd line or AT LEAST put on 2nd Powerplay and not 1st Powerplay.

A good coach like Tortarello would do that, but Pleasantville Pete DeBoer is such a "nice guy" that that wont happen.
Really? Now Pete isn't a "good" coach?

Old
05-19-2012, 02:58 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxed View Post
**** the Rangers......got lucky vs Washington, lucky vs us now.... these guys take one god damn shot on the PP and it MAGICALLY goes in....... is there no justice in the world......can the better TEAM not win??? how is it that we work so much harder and the results don't show................
Lundquist is part of that team and he won them the game. The better team did win.

It will be interesting to see, should it happen, how the rags react when the opposing goalie makes saves as good or better than their own. When their 1 good chance per game doesn't somehow result in 2 goals.

Old
05-19-2012, 02:59 PM
CerebralGenesis

I don't really think salary matters at this point. If a guy isn't producing at all you should consider a lineup switch or a line combo switch.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Puckgenius*

Rangers are the Coyotes of the East. Theyre heavily relying on defense, their shot blocking and their goalie. Theyve been outplayed for majority of the games this playoffs and caught all the breaks. Only difference is, they have a decent offsense unlike PHX.

You cant win the cup this way.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
The Devils saw what worked in game 2 and thought they were gonna win this game entirely from the perimeter. No challenging of the box, even on the powerplay with TONS of opportunities to SKATE TOWARDS THE NET.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:01 PM
BenedictGomez
1st 2say Fire DeBoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
Break up the top line. I don't understand why they were ever put back together. No player really looks any better than they did when they were separated and in fact, IMO, Zach looks worse.
Because DeBoer is an idiot.

Kovy and Parise were playing fantastic apart from each other against Florida (when they were finally separated) and Philly.

Oh, but the Devils lost ONE game against Rangers and DeBoer panics and splits the up.

Then Kovalchuk and Parise looked TERRIBLE together in Game 2, but the Devils won despite it, so idiot DeBoer keeps them together.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:02 PM
BenedictGomez
1st 2say Fire DeBoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Rangers are the Coyotes of the East. Theyre heavily relying on defense, their shot blocking and their goalie. Theyve been outplayed for majority of the games this playoffs and caught all the breaks. Only difference is, they have a decent offsense unlike PHX.

You cant win the cup this way.
Incorrect.

You PROBABLY cant win the cup this way.

They're only 6 wins away from the cup by playing the "Six Goalie Defense", so it is possible, it's just improbable.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:02 PM
hockeyr5

Is today Monday? I feel like I just watched Game 1 again...

I think we need to just throw more pucks on not, especially when we are at a bad angle w guys in front. About the same chance to score from there as the point and it seems like the only thing we do is try to get shots from the point.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Lundquist is part of that team and he won them the game. The better team did win.

It will be interesting to see, should it happen, how the rags react when the opposing goalie makes saves as good or better than their own. When their 1 good chance per game doesn't somehow result in 2 goals.
I really thought the Devils were finally gonna be the team to challenge that aspect, but so far, that hasn't been the case. Still 4 more games left to play, though.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:03 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Because DeBoer is an idiot.

Kovy and Parise were playing fantastic apart from each other against Florida (when they were finally separated) and Philly.

Oh, but the Devils lost ONE game against Rangers and DeBoer panics and splits the up.

Then Kovalchuk and Parise looked TERRIBLE together in Game 2, but the Devils won despite it, so idiot DeBoer keeps them together.
I actually like DeBoer, but there are two things he's done here that I just don't understand. One is putting that line together again and the other is the way he's treated Larsson.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:04 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

The Rangers have gone up 2-1 in their other series, too. And went to seven.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Marv4Life
Worth billions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Grant View Post
Really? Now Pete isn't a "good" coach?
-Kovy+Parise on the same line has failed more times than not
-He doesn't call TOs at the best times
-This is more of an Oates/Barr issue but special teams have been absolutely pathetic, especially the PP. He has yet to adjust

So far with these factors he's not a good coach. He's no MaClean but he's just not that good.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Just Win
Free Larsson

Quote:
I actually like DeBoer, but there are two things he's done here that I just don't understand. One is putting that line together again and the other is the way he's treated Larsson.
Add taking timeouts way too late to that list. Still the best coach we had in many years.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:07 PM
severian

my record against the rangers in the rock is like 1-12. i will not be stepping foot in there for the rest of the series. my tickets for game 4 are being given away to a devil fan who has never been to the rock. i hope karma prevails.

Old
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Actually, if any team was going to do it, this would probably be the one
Nah, I think LA would handle them. Quick is just as hot, and their offence is better than ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I just don't even know.

Bernier needs to take one for the team and just steamroll Lundqvist.
I'm almost in favour of this. Lord knows Biron wouldn't be doing this.

Quote:
I don't think that's the way it works. The Devils were controlling the run of play for the majority of the game today.

Old
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Incorrect.

You PROBABLY cant win the cup this way.

They're only 6 wins away from the cup by playing the "Six Goalie Defense", so it is possible, it's just improbable.
Luckily for the rags they seem to have the league and luck completely on their side. I have this terrible image in my head of them winning the Cup. At this point it wouldn't surprise me at all. I say LA would win that series, but it's probably a coin flip at best the way things have been going for NY.

I wonder, should that happen, would the league try to imitate that style? Would the rags be tagged as a team that "ruined hockey"? Is such a style really even sustainable without absolutely incredible luck? It's amazing any of their players can still stand. It might actually significantly shorten their careers...

Old
05-19-2012, 03:08 PM
davebenj

Rangers have pretty much been outplayed this entire playoffs. It's disgusting really to lose this game.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Parise9Crosby87

i like to see yayo in for somebody like skyora

Old
05-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

I cannot believe some of you are blaming marty for this.

As much as I love to rip on marty, he didn't have a bad game. He stopped some golden scoring opportunities in the first 2 periods, otherwise the devils would've been out of it going into the 3rd instead of going in tied 0-0

Old
Just Win
Free Larsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by severian View Post
my record against the rangers in the rock is like 1-12. i will not be stepping foot in there for the rest of the series. my tickets for game 4 are being given away to a devil fan who has never been to the rock. i hope karma prevails.
Was 1-11 not enough of a sign to you?

Old
kyle evs48
No words needed

Why were there two days between games?

Old
JimEIV

Some of the comments here are utterly ridiculous.

How can anyone find fault with anything?

If the devils play this exact same game, they win the game 95 out of 100 times.

Lundqvist stole the Game. Period.

Closed Thread