HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF - Game 3 - Devils lose 3-0... again. End of the world edition.

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2012, 03:30 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
http://www.timeonice.com/default.htm...0313&submit=Go

Salvador was on the ice for about 1:40 before taking the penalty. 0-0 game, Rangers taking control of the game rested after the second coming onto fresh ice. You gotta take a time out there.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Dude, the Devils had a enough amazing scoring changes for 3 playoff games in the fist two periods....the devils score on a 1/3 of them and it's a blowout...people are just making **** up to complain about when the fact of the matter is, besides scoring, there is nothing the devils could've done much better.
The devils launched 55 shots on net. 36 reached Lundqvist. And numerous odd man rushes. Nothing to change. Henrik is better. It's that simple. Now we just have to find a way to beat him. The rest of the ranger team is lackluster.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Oh captain where art thou?

That's including the games.

'Parise is built for this series'
*crickets*

Old
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Some of the comments here are utterly ridiculous.

How can anyone find fault with anything?

If the devils play this exact same game, they win the game 95 out of 100 times.

Lundqvist stole the Game. Period.
Agreed, and I'm glad to see Pete agrees. He's right, it's easy to microanalyze games like this, but at the end of the day, if they capitalized on ONE of the 7 or 8 odd man rushes or breakaways, this is a completely different game.

I don't get the Pete hate. It's just looking for a scapegoat. This loss is on the players and not the coach. Can't win games without scoring.

Old
leftwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Sykora? You there? 5 out of 30 whatever of their shots on Hank were good. The rest were garbage imo.
Bingo.

Bad angles.

Or infinite setup time.

Not going in guys. You're making him look much better than what he is.....

Old
05-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Devilswede

And it's also ****ing embarrassing to hear Marty chants and them celebrating wins in our god damn arena!! It's a disgrace how they even allow it to get to that.

Old
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
parise only has 9 points and elias has 5 they need to step up
Zach has played well, I have no issues with his play. Patty played better than his point total indicated the first two rounds, but yeah this round he's not been playing well. In his defense he's getting the crap kicked out of him out there though - been a pretty brutal series for Patty. But I definitely would like to see him step up - we need Patty very badly right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsownnhl View Post
Something must be done about our second line. Elias and Sykora have been awful. Deboer needs to move one of parise and kovalchuk off of that line because the 2nd line cannot generate enough offense.
Sykkie had some good chances today actually, he played well. Unless I missed some big mistakes by him I don't see how you can criticize Sykkie's play for today? I thought this might have been Sykkie's best game of the playoffs. Agree about separating Kovy and Zach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Exactly. Which is why Lundqvist is so grossly overrated.

It's TOUGH to be one of the best goalies in the world AND still somehow be overrated, but he is.
I really disagree about this. He isn't overrated. He's damn good, one of the 6 or 7 best players in hockey IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxed View Post
I also blame Salvador for taking that stupid ****ing penalty. The Ranger wasn't going to play the puck anyways.
That penalty was horribly weak. Both teams were doing that all game. That is rarely called in the playoffs.

Old
kyle evs48
No words needed

Is this Parise story bigger than a loss? Usually journalists don't use "upset" to describe players after losses. I feel like frustrated is the more common word.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Mogwai211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
I'll sorta miss Parise when (?if?) he goes, but it's becoming clear he'll never be known as "Mr. Clutch" in the playoffs. He's all hustle and heart, but at some point I expect him to take the team on his back and win one for them. In the end he's a nice 30-goal regular season man, but some team out there is going to throw elite forward money at him and I don't think he's THAT player.

This series isn't over, but it's close. NJ has a better team, but I think NY has the better goaltender and that has been the difference. Also, when NJ gets down a goal, they go into panic mode. The forecheck is gone, everyone is running around, Kovalchuk downshifts into bonehead mode. The Devils need to score first or they have big trouble.
Yep, the Devils need three goals to win any given game IMO. When those goals start coming against the queen, they get deflated as a team. Gotta screen the **** out of him though, not enough of that from what I've seen.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Oh captain where art thou?

That's including the games.

'Parise is built for this series'
*crickets*
Parise is built for a line without Kovalchuk on it. And when he's not with Kovalchuk, he's with Elias. You can still be disappointed in him, and the fans should be, but you can't say he's not trying.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:34 PM
njdevilsftw

anyone want to post a thread in the trade rumors section for a forward who can score?? if not then you have to have some kind of faith that the devils arent dead fish

Old
05-19-2012, 03:35 PM
NBC Hockey

He has to have been upset about something else, or just figured he was too irritated to talk to the media without getting himself in trouble. Going down 2-1 in a series is not the end of the world. It has already happened to this team this year. Robinson had to physically sit his ass down after that elbow to Volch. Maybe his emotions are just getting out of hand because he hasn't been producing?

Or he's being traded to the NYR as we speak. One or the other.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:35 PM
leftwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Rangers are the Coyotes of the East. Theyre heavily relying on defense, their shot blocking and their goalie. Theyve been outplayed for majority of the games this playoffs and caught all the breaks. Only difference is, they have a decent offsense unlike PHX.

You cant win the cup this way.
They are closer to doing so than we are.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

Anyone who thinks Sykora played well today needs eye transplants.

He was bar none the worst forward on the ice for the Devils not named Elias. Constantly moving like a snail and getting skated past time and again and losing puck battles near the boards.

I think he was a contributor to at least four or five offsides in the last two periods.

Old
Fayne Staley
Dr. Evil

I was there, the rangers fans were doing nothing, sitting on their butts for 2 the periods, they werent even chirping at us in our section. I heard some **** walking in, but of course the devils dont score a ******* goal and what can we cheer about. Its hard to drown out noise when everyone is deflated.

Old
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Zidlicky isnt trash, hes just being overplayed. He shouldnt be any teams #2 dman for ice time. Hes best with sheltered minutes.
From what I saw today, in person, he is trash. He does everything fundamentally wrong in the defensive zone on a consistent basis. Pair that with the fact he is rarely noticeable offensively and I can't stand him. Plays lazy. Agree to disagree since I know most people on here will disagree with me anyway lol.

Old
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
What really sucks is if a ref sees the Prust elbow during the regular season, it's a 5 minute major.
He'd better ****ing get suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
Parise refuses to speak to media after game. I think this divorce is becoming more and more likely and more and more mutual. His dad has way too much to say and this isn't the first time jp has interjected his opinion
I don't think it has to do with "Parise wants out". He was just frustrated by a bad game. It happens.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:37 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Is this Parise story bigger than a loss? Usually journalists don't use "upset" to describe players after losses. I feel like frustrated is the more common word.
I'm honestly ready to move on from him. I know I'm in the minority and I realize the contract situation is not all his fault but it's hard for a team to be all in when your captains dad is measuring the drapes in midtown manhattan

Old
sddev

I keep thinking back to the 2 on 1 failed pass by Henrique. Summed up the game perfectly.

Old
goalvalchuk17

Disappointing loss but it takes 4 to win a series. We lost game 3 to Florida and it was even more disappointing than this. It's not over

Old
05-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Mogwai211

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisrc10 View Post
anyone want to post a thread in the trade rumors section for a forward who can score?? if not then you have to have some kind of faith that the devils arent dead fish
Well, I'm not happy about this loss, but I wouldn't throw in towel just yet. This team is resilient if nothing else. I don't expect them to win three straight, but anything's possible.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:38 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
I'm honestly ready to move on from him. I know I'm in the minority and I realize the contract situation is not all his fault but it's hard for a team to be all in when your captains dad is measuring the drapes in midtown manhattan
I kind of braced myself when he signed this contract.

As long as it's not the Rangers.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:39 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
He'd better ****ing get suspended.

I don't think it has to do with "Parise wants out". He was just frustrated by a bad game. It happens.
I think he's angry at the media for turning his dads words into a story . But dude hast put a muzzle on his dad since day one and it became a distraction at the wrong time

Old
05-19-2012, 03:40 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
I give up...I can't get over the fact that this ****ing team is going to win a Stanley Cup playing 80% of the game in their own end and launching three attacks a game, two of which end up in the back of the net. Can't get over it. I'll just say this, if the Kings take out this ****ing team, all's forgiven from the summer of Kovalchuk. Cause we sure as shooting aren't going to do it.

I honestly don't have one complaint about the Devils from the entire game...they shot, they shot on net, they didn't even quit when getting behind 2-0. Even the refs called it fair. We dominate 55 minutes, can't get a goal, they dominate five minutes, get three goals. Ridiculous. This goalie is our daddy and they have a horseshoe up their ***. They're destiny's team it would seem like.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwing View Post
Plus, we played 'Short Hills soft'. Damn senatorial courtesy. When the Rags went down to block a shot in game two we shot away and made them pay, today if they went down we said 'oh gee, I can't let I fly let me move it around'. Make these shot blockers pay......Callahan in particular.
That bothered me too. They were looking for perfect plays again, instead of blasting away into the blockers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
When it's a 0-0 game against this team, no matter who is dominating, the rangers might as well be winning. And the devils definitely go into panic mode way too quickly when they get scored on.
It really bothers me that they can win like this. It shouldn't be possible to get dominated all game, score on the first good chance, and then go into a shell again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddev View Post
I keep thinking back to the 2 on 1 failed pass by Henrique. Summed up the game perfectly.
All the blown odd man rushes killed us.

Closed Thread