HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sather & Torts failed deadline rearing it's ugly head

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2012, 12:14 PM
BarneyRoss

vCash: 500
Hi I'm Kocur's buddy and we were talking about this a couple nights ago at Sully's (great local bar in Paramus). I'm on Jimmy's side here our GM hurt us big time here

Old
05-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26Kocur26 View Post
Rick Nash? cost too much - okay fine . However where was our Plan B?

Why weren't we in on Gaustad ? Kubina? A Zidlicky type ?

John Scott? this team was sucking wind the last 25 games let alone now! We had trouble keeping pace in matches with the Caps , the Isles and Canadians - it was obvious to us all.

However, Torts has this absurd idea that he needs to mold players into "his " guys before they can understand what the NYR are about blah etc blah .

Watching us shell up for a minute and 20 secs while teams pin us in and pass the puck along the blueline at will is sickening, it's gutless and it isn't hockey. I despise "weather the storm" mentality.

Chipping the puck out 500 times isn't a gameplan it's avoidance. We have 4 legit scoring threats, and I'm giving the benefit there. And now we're chipping out to a team that wants us to chip it out so they can slam it back in and forecheck the hell outta us and drill our d-men; who are stuck in mud.

At the very least you had to add a PP D-man over Bickel and an upgrade over Prust , who is God Awful.

And don't tell me "who were we gonna add" that's the GM's job - there were players to be had.

We put all our eggs in the Nash basket and blew the deadline and possibly our shot at the Cup.

Glen Sather folks - still a clown.
This is a hell of a post which articulates all of the thoughts running thru my head.
The one lousy year that Savior should have fortified the roster with a move at the deadline, he sits on his hands and does nothing.
The fans around here who give Savior any credit for anything(better drafts, trades, signings, etc) should look at his entire body of work since July, 2000. For my money, a general manager should get 5 years and 3 coaches, no more.
That being said, time for Savior to pack up his cigars and get the **** out already!

Old
05-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Zucca

vCash: 987
Finally!

A classic sack Torts, fire Sather, trade Girardi and scratch Cally post

Old
05-19-2012, 12:51 PM
BarneyRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zucca View Post
Finally!

A classic sack Torts, fire Sather, trade Girardi and scratch Cally post
Where are you seeing the fire torts trade Girardi or scratch Cally part (although Cally has been terrible). Kocur and I are saying that some fans are happy just to be ok when someone like Marty B will be skating around with another cup - but "it's ok" we'll get them next year!

Old
05-19-2012, 01:05 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Rick Nash? cost too much - okay fine . However where was our Plan B?

Why weren't we in on Gaustad ? Kubina? A Zidlicky type ?

John Scott? this team was sucking wind the last 25 games let alone now! We had trouble keeping pace in matches with the Caps , the Isles and Canadians - it was obvious to us all.

However, Torts has this absurd idea that he needs to mold players into "his " guys before they can understand what the NYR are about blah etc blah .

Watching us shell up for a minute and 20 secs while teams pin us in and pass the puck along the blueline at will is sickening, it's gutless and it isn't hockey. I despise "weather the storm" mentality.

Chipping the puck out 500 times isn't a gameplan it's avoidance. We have 4 legit scoring threats, and I'm giving the benefit there. And now we're chipping out to a team that wants us to chip it out so they can slam it back in and forecheck the hell outta us and drill our d-men; who are stuck in mud.

At the very least you had to add a PP D-man over Bickel and an upgrade over Prust , who is God Awful.

And don't tell me "who were we gonna add" that's the GM's job - there were players to be had.

We put all our eggs in the Nash basket and blew the deadline and possibly our shot at the Cup.

Glen Sather folks - still a clown.
I wish there was a dislike button on here for clowns like u.

Old
05-19-2012, 01:23 PM
BarneyRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
is this kind of stuff routinely allowed around here?

Old
05-19-2012, 01:31 PM
26KOCUR26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
Yeah we're flying today - Mitch n Rupper

Old
05-19-2012, 01:33 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

To be fair, they made the CF without making any moves. Other teams made 58 trades and were bounced in the 1st round or didnt event qualify

Personally i thought they should have added a checking center and a 5-6 d-man with cup experience

Old
05-19-2012, 01:37 PM
BarneyRoss

Quote:

jimmy these guys

Old
05-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Vitto79

Of dubi and Zuke were healthy then this is not a topic. Agree they r ahead of sched

Old
05-19-2012, 02:07 PM
BlackandGold91

I actually think the Rangers did well not overpaying for Nash or a secondary scorer. With all the of the asinine demands from other teams, lord knows what you guys would have had to give up for Nash. Paul Gaustad going for a 1st round pick tells you all you need to know.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:00 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Even at HF, your talent remains uncanny. Nice work as usual, Koc.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:46 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Since when do head coaches get to make trades at the deadline???? News to me.

Old
05-19-2012, 03:53 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

And why ***** and moan when we've got more playoff wins this year than any year since we won the Cup?

Old
05-19-2012, 03:56 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

you do realize Gaustad cost Nashville (eliminated) a first? A FIRST, for a 3rd line center.

Old
05-19-2012, 04:01 PM
BarneyRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post

you do realize Gaustad cost Nashville (eliminated) a first? A FIRST, for a 3rd line center.
you do realize rangers have a late first round pick and you need to overpay when you have a chance to win a cup

Old
05-19-2012, 04:01 PM
BarneyRoss

torts got lucky today by the way - bailed out by hank

Old
05-19-2012, 04:11 PM
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyRoss View Post
you do realize rangers have a late first round pick and you need to overpay when you have a chance to win a cup
Absolutely. That's why the Predators and Flyers and Canucks, who made all sorts of trading deadline moves are still alive while the Rangers, who did nothing, are golfing.

Oh wait, it's the opposite.

The Rangers finished on top of the conference and are two wins away from appearing in the Stanley Cup Finals despite having one of the youngest teams in the NHL and people are whining about everything and everyone. Sadly, this is not surprising. These are probably the same kind of people that were whining about Avery being in Connecticut despite how many wins the team was getting and were comparing Richards to Gomez.

Old
05-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Absolutely. That's why the Predators and Flyers and Canucks, who made all sorts of trading deadline moves are still alive while the Rangers, who did nothing, are golfing.

Oh wait, it's the opposite.

The Rangers finished on top of the conference and are two wins away from appearing in the Stanley Cup Finals despite having one of the youngest teams in the NHL and people are whining about everything and everyone. Sadly, this is not surprising. These are probably the same kind of people that were whining about Avery being in Connecticut despite how many wins the team was getting and were comparing Richards to Gomez.
Pretty much yeah.

Old
05-19-2012, 04:16 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Closing this thread. A lot of trash talking and reported/deleted posts.