HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kerry Fraser calls Brown a diver

Old
05-19-2012, 06:37 AM
Smokey McCanucks

vCash: 500
Brown is one of the biggest divers in the NHL, don't even try to say he isn't, everyone's known it for years.

Edit, and y'all know what happened on that Smith/slashing/diving play was that the ref only saw it out of the corner of his eye because he was watching the play, and he just assumed it was a dive cause Brown does it all the time. Trust me, I'm a Canucks fan, I've been watching Kesler get high-sticked with no call for years. Once you have the reputation you just can't avoid it.

Last edited by Smokey McCanucks: 05-19-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Smokey McCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:52 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
I'm surprised this question hasn't come up more often with twitter and all other sources of online media, but what ever happened to the NHL fining players for diving and announcing it publicly to basically try and ridicule them in front of the hockey world and make them stop? I think they did it for one year and Avery got dinged a couple times, and then it just quietly disappeared. Why not bring it back?
Because Vancouver and Anaheim would have a hard time filling their roster spots???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:23 AM
smitty10

Who cares if he's called a diver? He is one, but that's part of what makes him such an effective player. Let Kerry Fraser talk all he wants; the Kings are one game away from a Stanley Cup Final and look to be the most dominant team in the playoffs. Dustin Brown is a diver like Kesler and Crosby are, but they're still extremely effective players and it's just part of their game. I know if Toronto was still in the playoffs that I'd maybe be singing a different tune, but they're not and this is what I take away with my relatively unbiased perspective regarding this series.

Embrace the hate, LA is going to win the cup and Dustin Brown is captain and a huge part of that.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:47 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
It's funny, only Kerry Fraser and Tippet are complaining about the embellishment, with Fraser actually using the dive word. and yet most of the media is calling it a smart play at drawing a call.
No they're not. Darren Dreger and Jamie McLellan did as well, and those are just 2 of the people I heard talking about it on the radio. Most King fans here are divided on the issue of whether he's a diver or not. He's smarter about it than Kesler and that's why he gets away with it, or has up till now. We'll see if Tippett's comments make a difference on Sunday.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:27 AM
jml87

Ok, this is silly. Here's a clue for all the NHL teams out there, Dustin Brown has drawn by far the most penalties in the league. If you don't want a penalty, then don't try the little cheap shots or retaliation stuff. You keep blaming Brown for embellishment, completely forgetting that you're the one that shoved a glove in his face or crosschecked him after the play. Don't want to get a penalty? Don't do that.

Brown is really good at this. He never embellishes to the point some guys do by spinning around or acting like he just got hit by a sniper. He does just enough to draw the referees attention and to the point that it's debatable whether he embellished or not. And most of the time there actually is a penalty there. It's not like he takes invisible sticks to the face.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:28 AM
fyrescorp

There's a reason Tom Webster threw a stick at Kerry Fraser

fyrescorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 12:18 PM
KingNick07

Every team has divers. Brown is ours. Until every other team gets rid of diving on their team I'm going to say "good job Brownie." Fraser is an idiot.

KingNick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Winger23

I think it's freaking funny as hell he is defending the ref for calling brown for diving on the smith slash. Even if someone is a diver, when a goalie takes a full f'ing swing at the back of someone's leg, embellished or not, you don't freaking call a dive. One of the worst calls I have ever seen.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Pucknut50

In other news I caught my wife embellishing last night. I had no issue with it.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 01:03 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Kerry Fraser is in the top two of CNS' worst refs I've ever seen. Only **** face above him is that scrub Mick McGeough.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
No they're not. Darren Dreger and Jamie McLellan did as well, and those are just 2 of the people I heard talking about it on the radio. Most King fans here are divided on the issue of whether he's a diver or not. He's smarter about it than Kesler and that's why he gets away with it, or has up till now. We'll see if Tippett's comments make a difference on Sunday.
Who cares what they said? Seriously. (I think you're the first HF poster to drop Jamie McLellan's name in a positive light)

Keith Jones also just said that he "never knew he (Brown) was that fast." Maybe his speed helps him draw penalties? - ya think? (the answer you want to use is "yes")

And more than likely, this is the most that Jones has WATCHED Brown play - ever. Kings fans have always know that Brown's game is SPEED and hitting - that also helps him get calls (if you don't follow.)

I'm sooo tired of the Kings kicking *** and all anyone talks about is "diving and embellishment" - as if it's a new thing in the 2012 POs.

And what about "Tippett's comments?" Like the refs like to be (wrongly) called out by some myopic coach. He'll have no impact on what the refs do or don't do in any game - maybe he should talk to his team about PLAYING a better game, ya think? (use the same answer as above).

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:33 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Who cares what they said? Seriously. (I think you're the first HF poster to drop Jamie McLellan's name in a positive light)

Keith Jones also just said that he "never knew he (Brown) was that fast." Maybe his speed helps him draw penalties? - ya think? (the answer you want to use is "yes")

And more than likely, this is the most that Jones has WATCHED Brown play - ever. Kings fans have always know that Brown's game is SPEED and hitting - that also helps him get calls (if you don't follow.)

I'm sooo tired of the Kings kicking *** and all anyone talks about is "diving and embellishment" - as if it's a new thing in the 2012 POs.

And what about "Tippett's comments?" Like the refs like to be (wrongly) called out by some myopic coach. He'll have no impact on what the refs do or don't do in any game - maybe he should talk to his team about PLAYING a better game, ya think? (use the same answer as above).
Ease up. I was replying to the person who said nobody else was talking about it. Jeez, you're sensitive.

Old
05-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Ease up. I was replying to the person who said nobody else was talking about it. Jeez, you're sensitive.
yeah, you're right - nevermind me, I'm just sooo tired of all the dive talk.

I realize you weren't saying it - and from what I read of your posts, you seem to realize what's been going on for both teams. My ramblings were directed at posters in the Phx & main board, since I can't post them either place without paying a lot of money...

I've already had 1 post deleted somewhere, and now I can't even remember what I said - damnit! But it was GOOD.
Maybe I just forgot what thread it was in.

cheers

Old
05-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Habstract

Kerry Who?

Habstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post
Brown is one of the biggest divers in the NHL, don't even try to say he isn't, everyone's known it for years.

Edit, and y'all know what happened on that Smith/slashing/diving play was that the ref only saw it out of the corner of his eye because he was watching the play, and he just assumed it was a dive cause Brown does it all the time. Trust me, I'm a Canucks fan, I've been watching Kesler get high-sticked with no call for years. Once you have the reputation you just can't avoid it.
Answer these questions correctly and I might believe you: why would Brown take a dive when he's aleady on a 5-on-3 PP?

Have you EVER seen a player dive when on a 5-on-3? I haven't.

Old
05-19-2012, 07:09 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Dustin Brown doesn't dive.

This is diving:

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:16 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Dustin Brown doesn't dive.

This is diving:

Are you SURE they didn't steal this out of the Canucks playbook???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:38 PM
kihekah19

Quote:

The Kings were a piss poor excuse for a loaded team for nearly the entire season. Good on them for finally playing to their potential, but for someone to be "sooo tired" of a lack of praise is humorous.

Regarding "Tippetts comments": He was asked a question (for a reason) and responded with carefully chosen words that did everything but call the officials out.

One thing I can't stand is fans of a team that is playing a quality game acting anything but humble. It's every bit as idiotic as someone congratulating me when my team wins; as if I had anything to do with it.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:31 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
yeah, you're right - nevermind me, I'm just sooo tired of all the dive talk.

I realize you weren't saying it - and from what I read of your posts, you seem to realize what's been going on for both teams. My ramblings were directed at posters in the Phx & main board, since I can't post them either place without paying a lot of money...

I've already had 1 post deleted somewhere, and now I can't even remember what I said - damnit! But it was GOOD.
Maybe I just forgot what thread it was in.

cheers
No worries, just enjoy the run. I went through it with the Flyers in 2010 and it's amazing fun!

Old
05-19-2012, 08:43 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Well Fraser proves me wrong I guess,

I never thought he could pull his head out of his butt long enough to see anything other than his comb.

Learn something new everyday.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote