HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dale Hunter Stepping Down Today

Old
05-18-2012, 05:45 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Hockey is a simple game.

Lines/pairs based on salary skill and handedness

Tell them to just go play hockey. You all know how to play already. Have fun.

Sit back and wait to call my one time out.

Sit who sucked for the next game. Silent treatment or not, if they dont know why they were sat, I will ask George to trade them.
Well then it sounds like you are going to bench those deserving. So when do you start?

Oh...........and please give Orlov a chance. And please rely on this message board for other sensible ideas. We will be here to help. LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:01 PM
artilector

About Semin -- sure, he's replaceable.. but I think few people here have the confidence that McPhee can find the right players to replace him with. He might pick up a couple more Joel Wards, you never know. That's the problem. I think the Caps are in real danger in going from a 2nd line that is offensively inconsistent to a 2nd that is basically offensively impotent.

As for the coach/style.. I think style has to be chosen by GM. Otherwise it's a mess -- trying to incrementally get players with the qualities that you thought were lacking "last year", and coaches bouncing in and out with different systems and trying to adjust for personnel. You need some sort of a vision -- puck-possession, trap, aggressive, w/e, and stick to it, from drafting to coaching.

When BB came in, his style and the personnel matched up ideally, even if it happened by accident. In the end, it didn't quite work, so the Caps are once again looking for an identity. But it's not good enough to just hire "the best coach" out there.

This offseason especially, I'm having a hard time coming up with trade/coaching candidates because I don't understand the overall direction that the team is going in.

artilector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:47 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Well then it sounds like you are going to bench those deserving. So when do you start?

Oh...........and please give Orlov a chance. And please rely on this message board for other sensible ideas. We will be here to help. LOL
You know, Murphy's Law, George over loaded on puck movers, and not a damn one got injured this year. Didnt matter maybe, all they did was chip it out to center anyways. But I would have benched Sarge and Wideman for Erskine Orlov in a heartbeat. I for one think Orlov like Alzner and Carlson before him, would do just fine early in his playoff career. No worries about his turnovers, we didn't have to puck long enough to incur any. Use him in game 1 vs the Rags, or 2 had we won game 1. Erskine has always held his own in the faster playoffs. Oh well.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 04:07 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

You really think McPhee is picking up a few Ward's to replace Semin?

Give me a 20g+ 2C and throw the rest at Suter (pipe dream).

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:52 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Montreal apparently has been trying to get Hunter to coach the Habs.

Subban would be his favorite player because he loves players who take stupid penalties that lead to goals, Pacioretty could have his career killed.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote