HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

This Kreider Kid...

Old
05-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
He's not apart of the franchise til he's signed a contract that allows him to play an NHL game. I don't get why it's fair to do that with an NCAA prospect but not any other free agents
Because you can't put free agents on your clear list. You can put drafted players on your clear list.

All this "I don't understand" is just hand wringing about something the rules explicitly allow. You are whining about something the rules allow, that any team in the league can do. There is absolutely nothing unfair about this in any way at all

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 05:29 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
This is at least the second thread RoomTemperature has been crying about the unfairness of the Rangers being allowed to sign a player they drafted, and have him play in the playoffs.

Which is something every team in the league has the ability and right to do.

Haters gonna hate.
Let 'em keep hatin'

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Machinehead
Girardi's Corgi

vCash: 50
The biggest reason he fell to 19th was a late growth spurt. We always knew he was talented but he was only 6'1" 190 when we drafted him. Next thing you know he's 6'3" 225 and the Rangers are like....

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:
No one has ever given me a good reason why we allow players to go from the NCAA to the playoffs in the same season
I don't see why this is a problem..? If anything, the kid would be at a disadvantage because he hasn't even tasted NHL ice-time yet. Turns out he can handle it and handle it well.

Honestly, in the Rangers Devils series, he looks like the best Ranger out there right now. Only one who can handle and make a god damn pass... grr. Frustration.... even when we win...

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The biggest reason he fell to 19th was a late growth spurt. We always knew he was talented but he was only 6'1" 190 when we drafted him. Next thing you know he's 6'3" 225 and the Rangers are like....

The biggest reason he was taken 19th and not earlier was because he was playing against high schoolers in his draft year

Old
05-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
But he didn't have a contract. An RFA is still a team's property but a free agent and Krieder didn't have to sign thus free agent
umadbro? seriously QQ more. this kid would've been here if he wasn't too busy winning a championship. you gonna fault the kid because his team was winning?....

people can go from ANY other organization in the world to the nhl mid-season, what makes the NCAA any different? didn't the devils also sign somebody a few games before the playoffs?

kreider wasn't expected to be this good right out of school. we lucked out. we lost a game due to his inexperience against washington... 9/10 times the risk is worse than the benefit. kreider happened to be that 10%. QQ less.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:00 PM
LannysStach
Thou shall

and now . . . back to this Kreider kid . . .

the graphic on the sports shows says he just set an NHL record for goals scored by a player who never played in a regular season game — with 5.

A) that's freakin amazing.
and
B) this league's been around for a long time and he's the first to do that.
and
C) it means another player (or players) who never played a regular season NHL game, joined in the playoffs, and scored 4 goals.
so
D) it's certainly happened enough times before, re: whatever this guy in New Jersey is incessently whining about. Somebody send yappy to his room for a time-out.

To me, it's shades of Ken Dryden.
A complete playoff "Who??"
Who then changes the course of a team's playoff run.

LannysStach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:04 PM
UvBnDatsyuked

This has been allowed for years. Esa Tikkanen for the Oilers in 84/85 did it. Came from SM-liiga right to the playoffs

Do you pull this kind of crap in everything in your life that doesn't go your way? seriously. childish to a whole new level

UvBnDatsyuked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:06 PM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
I was assured he was overrated by the Rangers' fans, ironically, in large part by the team he's killing it against, so this must be a fluke.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannysStach View Post
C) it means another player (or players) who never played a regular season NHL game, joined in the playoffs, and scored 4 goals.
so
I don't know if there were other players, but the guy who's record he broke did it in two seasons, not one like Kreider has done, though it was in a similar amount of games

Quote:

Eddie Mazur held the previous record of four during what has to be considered one of the most intriguing hockey careers of all time.

At the age of 21, Mazur arrived from the Victoria Cougars of the Pacific Coast Hockey League and appeared in two playoff games for the Canadiens in 1951. He did not record a point. He spent the entire 1951-52 campaign with the AHL’s Buffalo Bisons but was called upon again come playoff time. He tallied twice for the Habs in five postseason contents.

A year later in 1953 – after spending the regular season with Victoria -- he helped Montreal defeat Boston in the finals to win the Stanley Cup, scoring twice in seven playoff games and adding two assists, giving him four goals and two assists in 14 career playoff games.
http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/pr...playoff_record

Old
05-19-2012, 06:15 PM
towely

Quote:
No one has ever given me a good reason why we allow players to go from the NCAA to the playoffs in the same season
i bet if he made a mistake that allowed the devils to score a game winning goal you would all of a sudden have no problem with him playing.

sounds like sour oates to me.

towely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:17 PM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

vCash: 50
Kreider has scored more goals on Brodeur this season than Chris Rawlings... What's up with that

njdevscup30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 143
He's just another over hyped Rangers prospect that will amount to nothing brah. Look at Hugh Jessiman. Both big raw players with weak competition. BUST.

Matt4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Unpredictable1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Wait you forgot the tin foil hat crowds bad ice conspiracy
Also Henrik's insanely large equipment. That's another reason. Rangers cheating all around.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:41 PM
eco's bones

Think it's one of the best stories of these playoffs. Very good for the NHL publicity machine.

BTW Kreider never fell in his draft--he came out of nowhere in the year prior. He rose to #19--the reason he wasn't picked higher was that 18 other teams thought other players would be better--some of them (not all) might think differently about that now.

As for him debuting in the playoffs--the Rangers gave up a year of his ELC just to have him available if something unforeseen happened and as events unfolded--he didn't play until Hagelin got suspended and may not have remained in the lineup if Boyle hadn't suffered a concussion. The Rangers and Rangers fans have been very high on him for quite a while--he's the No. 1 prospect on our HF list and is the No. 1 prospect on the Rangers forums poll list. Even so I think a lot of people including the Rangers coaching staff were reluctant to throw him into the middle of the playoffs--necessity changes things. Chris Kreider or John Scott?--take your pick.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Dactyl*
stats are pure CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
He's just another over hyped Rangers prospect that will amount to nothing brah. Look at Hugh Jessiman. Both big raw players with weak competition. BUST.
i cant see your avatar if you have one so forgive me if you are a rangers fan but how the **** do you come to the conclusion that kreider=jessiman? jessiman never player a game in a ranger uniform so in that regard kreiders years ahead of what he ever became

Dactyl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Krams
what an tiem

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
i cant see your avatar if you have one so forgive me if you are a rangers fan but how the **** do you come to the conclusion that kreider=jessiman? jessiman never player a game in a ranger uniform so in that regard kreiders years ahead of what he ever became
He's a Rangers fan man. Sarcasm.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Dactyl*
stats are pure CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
He's a Rangers fan man. Sarcasm.
alrighty then its all good

Dactyl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
Also Henrik's insanely large equipment. That's another reason. Rangers cheating all around.
fyi i was watching the end of game 1 when marty crawls over the boards for the empty net and he has to be either the fattest goalie or most padded in the league. idk how guys can complain about hank after seeing that. belongs in the photoshop thread. he looked like a bus. literally 2x+ the width of the guy sitting on the bench in front of him.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:14 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
You just don't quit, do you?

He was on our reserve list, we drafted him...not a big deal. All you do is complain about us instead of worrying about your own team.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:19 PM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Also with a salary cap he doesn't count against it so it's like a free player.

I think your real problem is with your own team and their drafting. If they drafted a player or players who were able to make the jump right away, you wouldn't have anything to say.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:22 PM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
I really wish this happened with a Kings or Coyotes player so I could have credibility on the subject.
Credibility is something you are losing at a rapid pace.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
He's not apart of the franchise til he's signed a contract that allows him to play an NHL game. I don't get why it's fair to do that with an NCAA prospect but not any other free agents
Because every other team in the NHL can do it if they want to. That's how it's fair.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Sticky Fingers
Hayes dangle

Quote:
Really, you again ****in bout this?

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:54 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
Fire Benning

Guys, they lost Cherepanov before he even came over here. I'd say they deserve Kreider quite a bit.

ThereGoesVirtanen is online now   Reply With Quote