HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ECF Devils @ Rangers Game 3: "Game 1 Replay"

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 127 72.57%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 25 14.29%
Brad Richards 4 2.29%
Marian Gaborik 1 0.57%
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 2 1.14%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Brandon Prust 2 1.14%
Mike Rupp 1 0.57%
John Mitchell 3 1.71%
Brian Boyle 1 0.57%
Dan Girardi 72 41.14%
Marc Staal 4 2.29%
Michael Del Zotto 1 0.57%
Ryan McDonagh 82 46.86%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Anton Stralman 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 170 97.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
Ripping something out of someone's hand can be considered assault, and it's a great way to get your ass kicked. If someone I don't know is trying to forcibly grab something out of my hand then punching them in the face is pretty high up on how I might potentially react.

Legally, they can refuse to give you a towel, they can also refuse to let you in. If they already gave you the towel, they can't grab it back out of your hands using force.
Can they really not let you in if you already paid for the tickets?

Imagine if the Pebble didn't let Rangers fans in. It would look like an Isles game, LMAO.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:56 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
There is a major difference. Ive seen it for years in Debbie fans. They are far worse than the ignorant bandwagoners that exist in Pittsburgh.

And it's a nasty arrogance. Very unpleasant group of people. Nasty as can be to opposing fans. The arrogance simply makes them think they are better than everyone else. Hence why they are so bitter and nasty.
You talk to a Devil fan and it is, "Brodeur is hands down the best ever. Lundqvist? He's a product of the system, all 5 guys commit to playing defense and they cut down on his shots against. What?! The Devils never did that, Brodeur has always had a no-name defense, he's always bailing them out."

Or: "Avery never fights and he's the dirtiest player in the league. Clarkson?! He fought Chuck Norris, and besides, he's Lysol clean."

"Parise is a Devil for life" "Kovalchuk is a hard worker" "Stevens is the best ever *cough* Marty did it by himself" "Lou doesn't hand out bad contracts" "Devils find hidden gems, Rangers sign everyone through free agency" Endless contradictions.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Can they really not let you in if you already paid for the tickets?

Imagine if the Pebble didn't let Rangers fans in. It would look like an Isles game, LMAO.
You know that long load of crap on the tickets?

---------------------------------------

WARNING! HOCKEY PUCKS, BALLS AND OTHER OBJECTS FREQUENTLY LEAVE THE PLAYING
SURFACE AND MAY CAUSE INJURY. PLEASE BE ALERT. SPECTATORS ARE AT THEIR OWN RISK
WITH RESPECT TO THE DANGERS INCIDENTAL TO THE EVENT, EXHIBITION OR PERFORMANCE
whether occurring prior to, during or after the event, including specifically (but not exclusively) the danger
of being injured by thrown, batted, kicked, shot, etc. objects including but not necessarily limited to balls,
bats, hockey sticks, pucks, racquets, athletic and other equipment. HOLDER VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES
ALL RISKS AND DANGER INCIDENTAL TO THE EVENT FOR WHICH THE TICKET IS ISSUED,
WHETHER OCCURRING PRIOR TO, DURING OR AFTER THE EVENT. HOLDER VOLUNTARILY
AGREES THAT THE MANAGEMENT, FACILITY, LEAGUE, PARTICIPANTS, PARTICIPATING CLUBS,
TICKETMASTER, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, OWNERS
AND EMPLOYEES ARE EXPRESSLY RELEASED BY HOLDER FROM ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM
SUCH CAUSES. This ticket is not subject to any refund and shall bear no cash value. If issued
complimentarily, this ticket shall not be exchangeable. IN THE EVENT OF A CANCELLATION OR
RESCHEDULING OF THE APPLICABLE EVENT, MANAGEMENT SHALL NOT BE REQUIRED TO
ISSUE A REFUND PROVIDED THAT YOU ARE GIVEN THE RIGHT, WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS OF
THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL EVENT, TO ATTEND A RESCHEDULED PERFORMANCE OF THE
SAME EVENT OR TO EXCHANGE THIS TICKET FOR A TICKET, COMPARABLE IN PRICE AND
LOCATION, TO ANOTHER SIMILAR EVENT AS DESIGNATED BY MANAGEMENT EXCEPT AS
OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY LAW. Purchaser may be able, in some instances, to purchase tickets
directly from the venue box office without paying Ticketmaster's convenience fee. Pusuant to New York
law, this ticket may not be resold within one thousand five hundred feet from the physical structure of this
place of entertainment under penalty of law if capacity exceeds 5,000 and may not be resold within five
hundred feet if capacity is less than 5,000. Management reserves the right, without the refund of any
portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission to or eject any person whose conduct is deemed
by management to be disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language or who fails to comply with these
or other management rules.
Breach of any of the foregoing will automatically terminate this license. NO
REFUNDS. NO EXCHANGES EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. EVENT DATE & TIME SUBJECT TO
CHANGE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This ticket is a revocable license and admission may be refused
upon refunding the face amount of the ticket.
Unlawful resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure
and cancellation without compensation. Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources may be lost, stolen
or counterfeit, and if so are void. Holder agrees by use of this ticket, not to transmit or aid in transmitting
any description, account, picture, or reproduction of the game, performance, exhibition or event for which
this ticket is issued. Holder acknowledges that the event may be broadcast or otherwise publicized, and
hereby grants permission to utilize holder's image or likeness in connection with any live or recorded
transmission or reproduction of such event. In conformance with some local requirements or certain
facility rules, food, bottles, cans, illegal drugs,controlled substances, cameras, recording devices,
bundles and containers of any kind may not be brought into the premises. This ticket cannot be replaced
if lost, stolen or destroyed, and is valid only for the event and seat for which it is issued. This ticket is not
redeemable for cash. It is unlawful to reproduce this ticket in any form. Unless indicated otherwise, prices
include all applicable taxes and/or cash discounts (if available).

----------------------------------------

The first bolded part: Management can set a dress code prohibiting rangers jerseys. If you want to go in you can't wear your jersey. They can also set a rule saying you're not allowed to say anything positive about the rangers or have any pro-rangers chant. And you're not allowed to celebrate a rangers goal either.

The second bolded part: They can give you the face value of the tickets back, and tell you to beat it.

They can't discriminate against you if you're black, or gay, but there's no law saying they can't discriminate against opposing fans. But an organization that's about to go into bankruptcy isn't really in position to turn away customers.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:00 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Ripping something out of someone's hand can be considered assault, and it's a great way to get your ass kicked. If someone I don't know is trying to forcibly grab something out of my hand then punching them in the face is pretty high up on how I might potentially react.

Legally, they can refuse to give you a towel, they can also refuse to let you in. If they already gave you the towel, they can't grab it back out of your hands using force.
Their stance was essentially that you were free to disagree, in fact, there were plenty of officers outside that could hear our complaint. Outside.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:03 PM
HagsSwag

Classless workers, classless posters, classless goalie.

Lou and most of their skaters seem like decent humans though.

HagsSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks, HT.

If the Devils weren't a month away from declaring bankruptcy, I could see that Mickey Mouse Organization doing something like that. But they need all the money they can get...so I guess #NoBlue isn't a viable option.

I could never imagine MSG not giving shirts or towels to away fans, especially if they ask for them. And I could never imagine the Rangers starting a #NoRed campaign or something like that. Seriously. This is stuff I'd expect in the FHL or something. Really unprofessional.

Old
05-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Skrimpy

Wah! Wah! The Rangers play boring hockey! Wah! Wah! We have to change the rules!

Skrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagsSwag View Post
Classless workers, classless posters, classless goalie.

Lou and most of their skaters seem like decent humans though.
Yep. The other players' interviews, from what I've seen, don't come off nearly as cocky as Marty's. He just comes off as a ********* in interviews, especially when he loses. And I guess the whole #NoBlue BS wasn't from Lou, as he's the one that got their page about it to be removed from their site. But their fans all learn from the "best" I guess.

Maaaaartyy.

Old
05-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Thanks, HT.

If the Devils weren't a month away from declaring bankruptcy, I could see that Mickey Mouse Organization doing something like that. But they need all the money they can get...so I guess #NoBlue isn't a viable option.

I could never imagine MSG not giving shirts or towels to away fans, especially if they ask for them. And I could never imagine the Rangers starting a #NoRed campaign or something like that. Seriously. This is stuff I'd expect in the FHL or something. Really unprofessional.
Well, we had like maybe 200 total devil fans in the building for game 1. So it's not like that's an issue for us. And the ones I talked to weren't d-bags at all.

Even if we did have a lot of dev fans there, I can't see MSG pulling some stunt like #nored. I could see them encouraging STHs to go to the games to support the team instead of selling tickets (which is what the devils SHOULD have done) though.

Old
05-19-2012, 08:12 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Hell of a third period, played out pretty similarly to game 1.

Our series thus far have been pretty consistent. Split at home by winning game 1 and losing game 2. Then game 3s...

Hank 39 save shutout in Ottawa 1-0 win
3OT epic in Washington
Hank 36 save shutout in Newark 3-0 win

This time around, let's steal BOTH on the road

LGR

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Well, we had like maybe 200 total devil fans in the building for game 1. So it's not like that's an issue for us. And the ones I talked to weren't d-bags at all.

Even if we did have a lot of dev fans there, I can't see MSG pulling some stunt like #nored. I could see them encouraging STHs to go to the games to support the team instead of selling tickets (which is what the devils SHOULD have done) though.
That would have been fine. But this was an entire campaign, which said to not sell tix on the secondary market, to use Devils blogs and HF to make sure you're selling to other Devils fans, and to make sure to snap tickets off of secondary markets and TicketMaster. Just so...childish. Like a toddler whining and screaming:
"I Don't Like Blue! I want the Red jacket!"

Old
05-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
You know that long load of crap on the tickets?

---------------------------------------

WARNING! HOCKEY PUCKS, BALLS AND OTHER OBJECTS FREQUENTLY LEAVE THE PLAYING
SURFACE AND MAY CAUSE INJURY. PLEASE BE ALERT. SPECTATORS ARE AT THEIR OWN RISK
WITH RESPECT TO THE DANGERS INCIDENTAL TO THE EVENT, EXHIBITION OR PERFORMANCE
whether occurring prior to, during or after the event, including specifically (but not exclusively) the danger
of being injured by thrown, batted, kicked, shot, etc. objects including but not necessarily limited to balls,
bats, hockey sticks, pucks, racquets, athletic and other equipment. HOLDER VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES
ALL RISKS AND DANGER INCIDENTAL TO THE EVENT FOR WHICH THE TICKET IS ISSUED,
WHETHER OCCURRING PRIOR TO, DURING OR AFTER THE EVENT. HOLDER VOLUNTARILY
AGREES THAT THE MANAGEMENT, FACILITY, LEAGUE, PARTICIPANTS, PARTICIPATING CLUBS,
TICKETMASTER, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, OWNERS
AND EMPLOYEES ARE EXPRESSLY RELEASED BY HOLDER FROM ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM
SUCH CAUSES. This ticket is not subject to any refund and shall bear no cash value. If issued
complimentarily, this ticket shall not be exchangeable. IN THE EVENT OF A CANCELLATION OR
RESCHEDULING OF THE APPLICABLE EVENT, MANAGEMENT SHALL NOT BE REQUIRED TO
ISSUE A REFUND PROVIDED THAT YOU ARE GIVEN THE RIGHT, WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS OF
THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL EVENT, TO ATTEND A RESCHEDULED PERFORMANCE OF THE
SAME EVENT OR TO EXCHANGE THIS TICKET FOR A TICKET, COMPARABLE IN PRICE AND
LOCATION, TO ANOTHER SIMILAR EVENT AS DESIGNATED BY MANAGEMENT EXCEPT AS
OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY LAW. Purchaser may be able, in some instances, to purchase tickets
directly from the venue box office without paying Ticketmaster's convenience fee. Pusuant to New York
law, this ticket may not be resold within one thousand five hundred feet from the physical structure of this
place of entertainment under penalty of law if capacity exceeds 5,000 and may not be resold within five
hundred feet if capacity is less than 5,000. Management reserves the right, without the refund of any
portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission to or eject any person whose conduct is deemed
by management to be disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language or who fails to comply with these
or other management rules.
Breach of any of the foregoing will automatically terminate this license. NO
REFUNDS. NO EXCHANGES EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. EVENT DATE & TIME SUBJECT TO
CHANGE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This ticket is a revocable license and admission may be refused
upon refunding the face amount of the ticket.
Unlawful resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure
and cancellation without compensation. Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources may be lost, stolen
or counterfeit, and if so are void. Holder agrees by use of this ticket, not to transmit or aid in transmitting
any description, account, picture, or reproduction of the game, performance, exhibition or event for which
this ticket is issued. Holder acknowledges that the event may be broadcast or otherwise publicized, and
hereby grants permission to utilize holder's image or likeness in connection with any live or recorded
transmission or reproduction of such event. In conformance with some local requirements or certain
facility rules, food, bottles, cans, illegal drugs,controlled substances, cameras, recording devices,
bundles and containers of any kind may not be brought into the premises. This ticket cannot be replaced
if lost, stolen or destroyed, and is valid only for the event and seat for which it is issued. This ticket is not
redeemable for cash. It is unlawful to reproduce this ticket in any form. Unless indicated otherwise, prices
include all applicable taxes and/or cash discounts (if available).

----------------------------------------

The first bolded part: Management can set a dress code prohibiting rangers jerseys. If you want to go in you can't wear your jersey. They can also set a rule saying you're not allowed to say anything positive about the rangers or have any pro-rangers chant. And you're not allowed to celebrate a rangers goal either.

The second bolded part: They can give you the face value of the tickets back, and tell you to beat it.

They can't discriminate against you if you're black, or gay, but there's no law saying they can't discriminate against opposing fans. But an organization that's about to go into bankruptcy isn't really in position to turn away customers.
Yeah this happened at the Rock this year with my wheel chaired friend. He likes to stir things up and we went to see Devils/Sharks because my brother-in-law is a Sharks fan, anyway he yelled out Let's Go Rangers and security came and told him to stop or he'd get thrown out

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:26 PM
GloveSave35

HANK
McD
Kreider

HM: Girardi, Callahan

GloveSave35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Yeah this happened at the Rock this year with my wheel chaired friend. He likes to stir things up and we went to see Devils/Sharks because my brother-in-law is a Sharks fan, anyway he yelled out Let's Go Rangers and security came and told him to stop or he'd get thrown out
He should've kept it up.

That would've gone over real well, kicking out a guy in a wheel chair.

Old
05-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Rangers2319

melrose thinks nj wins game 4

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Levitate

Quote:

Also pretty sure the league would flip its **** if teams started banning fans from other teams in their buildings.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
Not crazy to think that. Rangers will need a much better effort if they want to win it.

Given how they played in the previous series, they don't seem to take advantage of stealing games.

It isn't late to start however.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Also pretty sure the league would flip its **** if teams started banning fans from other teams in their buildings.
It would never happen. First off, it's a BUSINESS. Businesses are about making money, barring other teams' fans does not make you money. Secondly, it's almost guaranteed that there's going to be fights if you start telling people who paid hundreds of $ for their tickets that they're not getting in because they're a fan of X team.

Old
05-19-2012, 08:39 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
He also thought washington would win game 7.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Boyle freaks me out when takes d-zone faceoffs... 6-11 today, stepan same numbers... Amazing
Mitchell & Richie are our best faceoff guys this series.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Krams
Carpe dizzem

vCash: 400
Quote:
It would never happen. First off, it's a BUSINESS. Businesses are about making money, barring other teams' fans does not make you money. Secondly, it's almost guaranteed that there's going to be fights if you start telling people who paid hundreds of $ for their tickets that they're not getting in because they're a fan of X team.
The second bolded part says there would be a refund in that hypothetical instance. But if you paid far above face value on StubHub, and then the Devils give you face... yeah I could see a riot.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:41 PM
KingP

Quote:
Not many people have a reason to think different except us

Monday i hope we can prove a lot of people wrong and end this devils team

It seems almost impossible for this team to string together 2 wins. Frustrating

KingP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I don't bother anymore. It's pointless. Their board used to be great, too. Then it got overrun.
Just like their arena.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Wow classless stuff.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:57 PM
jmb9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingP View Post
Not many people have a reason to think different except us

Monday i hope we can prove a lot of people wrong and end this devils team

It seems almost impossible for this team to string together 2 wins. Frustrating
funny because during the regular season, we were great at winning 4 of 5 and things like that

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote