HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

a top-end goalie not yet talked about to be traded at draft - 100% certain

Old
05-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

vCash: 500
lol@people bringing up Price. The odds of Montreal dealing him are as close to zero as you can get. There's nobody to replace him within the organization, and it wouldn't make sense to do a lateral trade (high end goalie for high end goalie).

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 05:54 PM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
If both were the same age and had played the same amount of years in the NHL it would be a much better comparison. Miller will be 32 in a couple months and Price will only be 25..
Thank you. I was thinking the same thing. Although its not NHL you can't deny he's only going to get better and that he hasn't had a cup contender in front of him. Read this

Upon completing his award-winning season in the WHL, Price immediately began his professional career with the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League (AHL), having signed with the Canadiens in 2007 to a three-year entry-level contract. He joined the Bulldogs for the last three games of the regular season and the 2007 Calder Cup Playoffs, recording his first professional game and win on April 13, 2007 against the Grand Rapids Griffins. He was named the first star of the game upon stopping 27 of 28 shots.[1] Price went on to lead the Bulldogs to a 15–6 playoff record and the 2007 Calder Cup championship, posting an impressive 2.06 GAA and .936 save percentage. In his first game of the Calder Cup finals, he stopped all 46 shots to post a shutout. He subsequently won the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy as the Calder Cup playoffs MVP, making him the youngest player ever to receive the award.[2]

He is the only goaltender in hockey history to be named CHL Goaltender of the Year, World Junior Championship's tournament MVP and win the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy all in the same year. He is also the only goaltender in hockey history to win the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy the same year as playing junior.[citation needed]

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Novacane

There is no way Ward is traded. He is the soul of this team and losing him would bring us to the bottom of the standings for years.

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Linden*
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
lol@people bringing up Price. The odds of Montreal dealing him are as close to zero as you can get. There's nobody to replace him within the organization, and it wouldn't make sense to do a lateral trade (high end goalie for high end goalie).
agreed 100%
Price is their guy and i dont believe that anything they could get out of trade could improve that. I would probably think that the list of goalies not talked about is much smaller than the ones supposedly on the trading block. Miller seems like an interesting candidate, or maybe a guy like Bryz who most think is immovable right now because of his contract (also questioning elite status with him). Assuming of course that this is true (which is a huge stretch) i would probably say possible Rinne if they keep Suter and Weber and maybe Gill too and try to get a cheaper goalie and some high end talent. I am not expecting this to happen but im just "playing the game" as people like to put it.

little aside: nathan beaulieu is a boss. Go Saint John!

Linden* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:59 PM
punk_o_holic

Now that Columbus named Richards as coach, I wonder if he asked Howson to make a offer for Backstrom. He did coach the Wild/Backstrom and we all know that Columbus needs goaltending. Only problem is, would Howson go after with him being a UFA after one year and with him not fitting into the youth movement(he's 34). Would Minny even want to help Columbus out? Not in the same division but in the same conference and Minny could be fighting Columbus for a playoff spot. What would it take to get him?

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Bennett Brauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Not to derail this into a Fleury thread, but come on. He was awful in 2010 against Montreal as well. In fact, you could argue he let in even more soft goals that series than he did against Philly this year. The difference was Montreal's offense wasn't as potent as Philly's, so it might not have shown as much in the overall goals against.

He was also just average versus Ottawa in round one of that season, and solid, but not great against Tampa Bay last year (got outplayed by Roloson).

That's more than just the Philly series.

He's been outplayed by the opposing goalie in 3 out of the last 4 playoff series the Pens have played since '09, and the only reason he isn't 4 for 4 is because Elliot was just awful against the Pens (LeClaire actually played better than Fleury when he finally came in in relief of Elliot, but the Pens were just too much for the Sens that year).
He wasn't "awful" in 2010 against Montreal, he was slightly below average at best. And you have to consider the defense in front of him (just like against Philly) We had Orpik-Gonchar, Eaton-Letang, Goligoski-Leopold as our 3 D pairs. Gonchar didn't play defense at all in that series, a 3rd D pair of puck movers who couldn't defend. We basically had Orpik, Eaton and Letang who could actually play defense. Fleury could have been better but he wasn't "awful"

And in 2011 against Tampa Bay, what did you expect? We didn't have any offensive firepower, our leading goal scorer was Arron Asham. No Crosby, Malkin or Cooke in that series and the Pens held the fort for games 1-4. Game 5 was a blowout, I forget about Game 6 and Game 7 was lost 1-0, the Bolts made one good play to score the lone goal, besides that, Fleury was solid.

And so what if Fleury was outplayed by his opposition, Halak and Roloson both went to the Eastern Conference Finals, beating good teams to get there, they were pretty damn good goalies those years. Bryzgalov outplayed Fleury simply because his team won the series, but in reality Bryzgalov wasn't that much better than Fleury, what decided that series were the players that played in front of their goalies, Flyers offense and defense showed up, ours didn't. And on the subject of being outplayed, there are a lot of great goalies that have been outplayed by their opposition. Broduer was outplayed by his opposition every time the Devils were in the playoffs since their cup run in 2003, I guess the Devils should have considered trading him, too?

I agree that Fleury could have been better, but to say he's awful and to basically say he was a big part of us losing the last 3 playoff series' they played? Well, in my opinion, that's just not true and it's unfair to Fleury.

Nobody was saying how bad he was in 2010-11 after he bounced back from a bad start to the season. Nobody was saying how bad he was this year when he almost tied a franchise record for wins in a season, helping the team go on (2?) long winning streaks this season. Instead people are saying he's bad and the Pens have a reason to trade him because of the last 3 playoff series, when the fact is that the whole team lost those series', not just Fleury.

Bennett Brauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:40 PM
FaceOfTheFranchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I think if the Preds can keep their Norris horses on the back end, and add a bit more depth (maybe retain Hal Gill?) they don't need a $7M goalie in net. I personally think Rinne's value is inflated by the team/system in front of him, so it would make sense to move him.
Ridiculous. They just signed him to a 7 year deal. He's 100% not going anywhere.

FaceOfTheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I really hope that Chicago plans on being part of this potential goalie shuffle... nothing will be more frustrating than another year of hoping Crawford/Emery can get it done.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Has to be a team with some depth at goalie. As a Pens fan I'd love to get rid of Fleury after his horrendous playoff performance, but then I look at what's behind him in the system and getting rid of him is just not possible. We have no replacement. At least not for his regular season performance. A shooter tutor probably would have done just as good against the Flyers though.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:11 PM
AccuracyFive
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Has to be a team with some depth at goalie. As a Pens fan I'd love to get rid of Fleury after his horrendous playoff performance, but then I look at what's behind him in the system and getting rid of him is just not possible. We have no replacement. At least not for his regular season performance. A shooter tutor probably would have done just as good against the Flyers though.
I wouldn't entirely blame Flower. Yes he was sub par and its been like this ever since we won the cup back in 09 but our defense was horrible this year. Last year, we were missing two of our best players in Malkin and Crosby.

AccuracyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Top 6 Spaling

If this is Pekka Rinne, I swear.... Doubt it's him though.

Im guessing Backstrom or Miller. Harding and Enroth can replace them.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
I am gonna say if there is any truth to this (Being from Eklund of course,, I dont expect it)

But I would say Backstrom in Minny

They could re-sign Harding to be #1 and get Hacket in #2 role until he is ready to take #1 job in a few years

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:37 PM
azntam

To Pit: Price

To Mtl: Fleury

azntam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:40 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by azntam View Post

No thank you.. As a Habs fan I'd vomit if that happened..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:46 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I don't think it's Fleury.

And I don't think Pittsburgh would rather have anyone else in net than Marc-Andre Fleury, 1 bad playoff series doesn't make him one of the most overrated goalies in the league. The guy struggled at the beginning of the last season, then ever since November 2010, he's been solid excluding his playoff performance against Philly.
It was a really bad series. You are also forgetting the Habs series two years ago when he was anything but stellar.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:50 PM
matCH penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by azntam View Post

matCH penalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:54 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
To Sharks: Marc-Andre Fleury, David Booth, Penguin's 2012 first round pick (#22)

To Penguins: Cory Schneider, Patrick Marleau

To Canucks: Chris Letang, Jordan Staal, Matt Pelech
Not sure if serious

Letang Staal Fleury 1st rounder for Marleau and Schneider...

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:12 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matCH penalty View Post

But Fleury is French-Canadian!

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:14 PM
archangel archangel

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckluck19 View Post
It's eklund, and hilarious that he can be so sure (100%!) and so vague at the same time, but here ya go, from his twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/Eklund/status/203750503203610625

You wont believe the goalie who i was just told is now 100% certain he will be traded at the draft. Cant say yet, but wow.

The moment I say eklund I stopped reading. Sorry I even came in this thread. Someday someone needs to explain to me why he is considered a legit sources
and:

https://twitter.com/#!/Eklund/status/203752385259126784

Promised him i would keep it quiet for a few weeks, but he one the best in the game without question. And no one else is talking about him.

he's going with 100% but not an E5 so I don't know how much we can trust this
Stopped rEading at eklund. He is not a legit source.

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:14 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
He must be talking about quick.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Bennett Brauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
It was a really bad series. You are also forgetting the Habs series two years ago when he was anything but stellar.
Here is my 2nd post, my opinion on Fleury's recent playoff woes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
He wasn't "awful" in 2010 against Montreal, he was slightly below average at best. And you have to consider the defense in front of him (just like against Philly) We had Orpik-Gonchar, Eaton-Letang, Goligoski-Leopold as our 3 D pairs. Gonchar didn't play defense at all in that series, a 3rd D pair of puck movers who couldn't defend. We basically had Orpik, Eaton and Letang who could actually play defense. Fleury could have been better but he wasn't "awful"

And in 2011 against Tampa Bay, what did you expect? We didn't have any offensive firepower, our leading goal scorer was Arron Asham. No Crosby, Malkin or Cooke in that series and the Pens held the fort for games 1-4. Game 5 was a blowout, I forget about Game 6 and Game 7 was lost 1-0, the Bolts made one good play to score the lone goal, besides that, Fleury was solid.

And so what if Fleury was outplayed by his opposition, Halak and Roloson both went to the Eastern Conference Finals, beating good teams to get there, they were pretty damn good goalies those years. Bryzgalov outplayed Fleury simply because his team won the series, but in reality Bryzgalov wasn't that much better than Fleury, what decided that series were the players that played in front of their goalies, Flyers offense and defense showed up, ours didn't. And on the subject of being outplayed, there are a lot of great goalies that have been outplayed by their opposition. Broduer was outplayed by his opposition every time the Devils were in the playoffs since their cup run in 2003, I guess the Devils should have considered trading him, too?

I agree that Fleury could have been better, but to say he's awful and to basically say he was a big part of us losing the last 3 playoff series' they played? Well, in my opinion, that's just not true and it's unfair to Fleury.

Nobody was saying how bad he was in 2010-11 after he bounced back from a bad start to the season. Nobody was saying how bad he was this year when he almost tied a franchise record for wins in a season, helping the team go on (2?) long winning streaks this season. Instead people are saying he's bad and the Pens have a reason to trade him because of the last 3 playoff series, when the fact is that the whole team lost those series', not just Fleury.
I really don't see how Fleury is looked at as a bad goalie. Ray Shero said he got calls from other GM's that would have Fleury at 4th or 5th out of 30 goalies for the Vezina trophy voting.

It's confusing to me because he really isn't a bad player at all, just because he has not had recent playoff success that doesn't make him a bad goalie.

Old
05-19-2012, 09:19 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Fleury isn't bad, but he's not top 5. Arguably top 10. Top half, yea, but not what most people make him out to be.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:19 PM
matCH penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post

But Fleury is French-Canadian!
Yeah, he's also garbage. I reiterate: burning cars.

matCH penalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:21 PM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
You know you can't win the cup every year. Fluery was in two straight cup finals and not many goalies can say that at least in the last ten years or so. There's a ton of pressure on each and every player once u make the playoffs and it's up to the team to win. Fluery is a superstar goalie and there isn't many of those to go around. Roy won in 86 and it wasn't until 93 they wOn again. There were some years in between he could've been the goat but he's still one of the best tO play the game and fluery will be too. As much as I hate Brodeur he's been very successful but not so much lately in the playoffs. Does that make him garbage?

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Bennett Brauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Fleury isn't bad, but he's not top 5. Arguably top 10. Top half, yea, but not what most people make him out to be.
Oh I agree, I don't think he's top 5 at all, I was just saying what Shero said in an interview. GM's were shocked at Fleury's play and said they might have had him at 4th or 5th in Vezina voting.

It's the Pens fans who want him traded, it just doesn't make sense, he's a franchise goalie, every time he does something wrong they want him traded.