HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCF Gm#3 5/17/12 : KINGS beat COYOTES 2-1, Lead Series 3-0 ... Woo Hoo !

Old
05-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Butch 19
King me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
The best part are the fans who want a player on their team that will intentionally hurt Brown since the series is pretty much over. These are probably the same classless ****s who cheered when he got bordered. I hope that pathetic franchise moves to QC after they get knocked out, they don't deserve it in Phoenix.
It will be interesting to see if fans show up now that they have an owner. It bugs me that no one went to games, just because they "didn't have an owner."

If you're a hockey fan, you go watch hockey. The fact that the league has run the team for a few years shouldn't matter at all.

I would like to see the Coyotes stay in Phx, but if they have 2 more years of no fan support, their new owner will want to move, and we're right back where we were 3 years ago.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Beary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
It will be interesting to see if fans show up now that they have an owner. It bugs me that no one went to games, just because they "didn't have an owner."
I can understand not going to a game because of the owner, but not going to games because there is no owner? Not buying it. With the Dodgers it was the former, because people didn't want to keep pushing money into McCourt's pocket, but if you love the sport you'll go despite its lack of ownership.

Besides, it's not like the owner suits up and goes out onto the ice himself anyway, so how could the absence of an owner get in the way of your enjoyment of the game?

Beary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:47 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post

If you're a hockey fan, you go watch hockey. The fact that the league has run the team for a few years shouldn't matter at all.

I would like to see the Coyotes stay in Phx, but if they have 2 more years of no fan support, their new owner will want to move, and we're right back where we were 3 years ago.
They don't have an owner. The presser with Bettman last week was about nothing. The guy never said he had financing in place. It's the same old song and dance.

The reason a lot of fans won't go is because they don't want to be emotionally invested and then have the team ripped from them.

The franchise is weird. So many of them blame the 45 minute commute to the arena but it takes me the same amount of time to go from my house to the ACC in Toronto. I only go when I'm given tickets and for a regular season game, 3 rows from the roof it's $74 each. I would love to have tickets for what they're charging. They're simply not a hockey town.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Was reading the Stanley Cup Playoffs thread in the Ducks section. Some fan was comparing this team to theor '07 team and some other fan said the two teams aren't comparable since that '07 team had no divers. LOL.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:34 PM
Martyros

On a side note, Dan Hinote is one of the better analysts NHL Network has got on the show, and it's not because he praises the Kings.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Black Mamba

Does anybody have a youtube of Voynov's shift at the end of the game? I missed the third period last night, and I keep hearing how amazing that shift was.

Black Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 12:32 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
Does anybody have a youtube of Voynov's shift at the end of the game? I missed the third period last night, and I keep hearing how amazing that shift was.
I asked for this as well.

I don't have my Center Ice package anymore, or I would make the video.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:02 PM
kopifan

Send a message via MSN to kopifan
Yeah, I would like to see that play too.

Well, i don't post much, but would like to let you guys know, I'm with the Kings 100% and enjoy to read your comments after all games.

Man, was I angry after game 2! Those ****ing Coyotes

I'm better now

kopifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
I love that Sutter had the same reaction I did to the play. I was shocked to see that it was Voynov that was forechecking.

Quote:
SUTTER: “Well, when he first did it, I didn’t think it was a very wise decision. We were protecting a one-goal lead with two minutes left, and your defenseman is — not joining the rush, he is the rush. And then he’s the forecheck, too. When he first did it, I was going, `OK, coaching tool.”’

Question: But it worked out OK…

SUTTER: “Yeah.”

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Wow.. Drew Doughty had 8 hits last game... impressive...

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxo View Post
Wow.. Drew Doughty had 8 hits last game... impressive...
Brown had 9, I believe.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 05:59 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

The wine is turning into vinegar in Phoenix. Excuses and Brown discussion on the main board is just blääääh.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Brown had 9, I believe.
His final count was a few less as he embellished a few...

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:52 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Sweep those mangy curs...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

I would love to see a sweep, but will not be upset at all if the kings lose tomorrow.

Gives them a chance to break the road wins record before the finals and play another game. This wa they won't have too many days off. If they lose in Phoenix, they can clinch at home and face "adversity". Would also end the over-hype of the kings and their "easy" path to the finals.

Old
05-19-2012, 07:38 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I would love to see a sweep, but will not be upset at all if the kings lose tomorrow.

Gives them a chance to break the road wins record before the finals and play another game. This wa they won't have too many days off. If they lose in Phoenix, they can clinch at home and face "adversity". Would also end the over-hype of the kings and their "easy" path to the finals.
Crazy how some people think that beating the 1, 2, and 3 seed is easy. I find people will just believe what they want to believe. Even if the Kings swept the 1980s Edmonton Oilers, people would find ways to make excuses. Some people refuse to believe that the Kings are any good.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Crazy how some people think that beating the 1, 2, and 3 seed is easy. I find people will just believe what they want to believe. Even if the Kings swept the 1980s Edmonton Oilers, people would find ways to make excuses. Some people refuse to believe that the Kings are any good.
Agreed.

Of course, I would also love to see the kings destroy the coyotes and show their homes fans how they play on the road. Full 60 minute effort.

Go Kings!

Old
05-19-2012, 09:35 PM
cyclones22

Quote:
Agreed.

Of course, I would also love to see the kings destroy the coyotes and show their homes fans how they play on the road. Full 60 minute effort.

Go Kings!
The only thing that worries me about that scenario is that if the game is out of reach going into the 3rd, the Yotes will goon it up. Escape with a victory and have it be injury free and I'll be ecstatic.

cyclones22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:37 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
The best part are the fans who want a player on their team that will intentionally hurt Brown since the series is pretty much over. These are probably the same classless ****s who cheered when he got bordered. I hope that pathetic franchise moves to QC after they get knocked out, they don't deserve it in Phoenix.
I'd delete this.

I got an official warning for writing something eerily similar.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
The only thing that worries me about that scenario is that if the game is out of reach going into the 3rd, the Yotes will goon it up. Escape with a victory and have it be injury free and I'll be ecstatic.
If it is a blowout, there is no reason for Phoenix to goon it up. Their season would be over, no message to be sent for the next game.

I don't believe that NHL players would try to injure on purpose because they were about to be eliminated.

Old
05-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
If it is a blowout, there is no reason for Phoenix to goon it up. Their season would be over, no message to be sent for the next game.

I don't believe that NHL players would try to injure on purpose because they were about to be eliminated.
I do. It's called "frustration and embarrassment." I would 100% expect Phoenix to goon it up if they're clearly going to lose by the third period tomorrow.

I mean, we've seen the lack of respect NHL players have for their fellow NHL players in the past couple seasons. Why would it be any different tomorrow?

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:19 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I do. It's called "frustration and embarrassment." I would 100% expect Phoenix to goon it up if they're clearly going to lose by the third period tomorrow.

I mean, we've seen the lack of respect NHL players have for their fellow NHL players in the past couple seasons. Why would it be any different tomorrow?
I agree with ya CR. I want to believe what 25 is saying but I just think that if anything all that the pups will look to do tomorrow is try and take out as many Kings as they can. It is how they have played this entire series and I can't see it stopping.

On one hand it is to our benefit when our opps lose their focus and just try and run us all the time but one of these times we are going to lose a key piece if it keeps up too long.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Roxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Brown had 9, I believe.
Ya Brown had 9.. but I'm just surprised/happy to see doughty had 8... wow

Old
05-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Roxo

Still hoping to se the last two minutes on you tube some where... really want to see the voynov keep away everyone keeps talking about.. Anyone?

Old
05-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I agree with ya CR. I want to believe what 25 is saying but I just think that if anything all that the pups will look to do tomorrow is try and take out as many Kings as they can. It is how they have played this entire series and I can't see it stopping.

On one hand it is to our benefit when our opps lose their focus and just try and run us all the time but one of these times we are going to lose a key piece if it keeps up too long.
Maybe I'm just naive.

But I don't see a kings blow out anyways. They play differently at home, don't have the same fire for 60 minutes, they have closed well though.