HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF Devils @ Rangers Game 3: "Game 1 Replay"

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 127 72.57%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 25 14.29%
Brad Richards 4 2.29%
Marian Gaborik 1 0.57%
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 2 1.14%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Brandon Prust 2 1.14%
Mike Rupp 1 0.57%
John Mitchell 3 1.71%
Brian Boyle 1 0.57%
Dan Girardi 72 41.14%
Marc Staal 4 2.29%
Michael Del Zotto 1 0.57%
Ryan McDonagh 82 46.86%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Anton Stralman 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 170 97.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Rangers2319

vCash: 500
i agree with every point all you guys made about melrose comment, i do however love when no one likes us

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:19 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Did the same thing in '08 for game 5. Advertised the first x amount of fans got a towel. I saw a staff member walk up to a Ranger fan on the escalator and rip the towel out of his hand. He tried to get it back and they threatened to kick him out. He relented. Another guy asked for the towel when the employee withheld it... same threats. Say they have the right to refuse entry to anyone and arguing over the towel will get you there.

Because intimidation starts with the towel boy and carries over to the ice. Winning is an organization wide philosophy and slighting a fan is the first step towards winning, until they cheat and block shots.
I was at that game as well, they refused to give me a towel because I was wearing Rangers gear. There were also some Rangers fans who brought in signs saying things like "Let's Go Rangers," and security confiscated them. The staff at the Rock was unprofessional and discourteous to me merely because I was a Rangers fan, and I'm as harmless as they come... I don't taunt, fight, or tease, etc. I realize I'm in enemy territory but that's no reason to treat me like a second-class citizen.

I'm not surprised at all that they are enforcing the same policies now. Devils organization is frustrated because they can't beat Lundqvist and don't have a fanbase as big as the Rangers? Might as well take out those frustrations on innocent Rangers fans who are paying to see games at your facility.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

There were more Wings and Hawks fans at MSG during the reg. season than Devils fans in the playoffs.

There were more fans from Washington than fans from NJ in these playoffs. I was expecting a much bigger turnout of Debs fans at MSG. Just barely outnumbered the fans from Ottawa in the first round.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Giacomin

I think today really showed that the Devils should be eventually moved. Imagine if they went through a 10 year period of only making the playoffs maybe 2x
The pebble would be a ghost town, Really sad

Giacomin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I was at that game as well, they refused to give me a towel because I was wearing Rangers gear. There were also some Rangers fans who brought in signs saying things like "Let's Go Rangers," and security confiscated them. The staff at the Rock was unprofessional and discourteous to me merely because I was a Rangers fan, and I'm as harmless as they come... I don't taunt, fight, or tease, etc. I realize I'm in enemy territory but that's no reason to treat me like a second-class citizen.

I'm not surprised at all that they are enforcing the same policies now. Devils organization is frustrated because they can't beat Lundqvist and don't have a fanbase as big as the Rangers? Might as well take out those frustrations on innocent Rangers fans who are paying to see games at your facility.
i lol'd. classless mickey mouse team

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Emptyvoid

Reading devils PGT.

Sweet, delicious tears.

Lundqvist, you are a god.

I'm getting a McD jersey, I've been putting it off to see if he is the real deal. He has little left to prove to me in order to get his jersey.

Good job Rangers, let's go get game 4!

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:

Living in Tampa, I've seen the Lightning play quiet a few times. Most of the time in my Isles gear. Staff at the Tampa Bay Times Forum are extremely nice and polite. Complete opposite of your experience at the Rock. So long as you're not making trouble you should be treated fairly as anyone else. Shouldn't matter what team you're there to support. Shame on the Prudential Center staff.

05-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Living in Tampa, I've seen the Lightning play quiet a few times. Most of the time in my Isles gear. Staff at the Tampa Bay Times Forum are extremely nice and polite. Complete opposite of your experience at the Rock. So long as you're not making trouble you should be treated fairly as anyone else. Shouldn't matter what team you're there to support. Shame on the Prudential Center staff.
Same at RBC (or whatever it's called now) in Raleigh, Phillips Arena in Atlanta and Scottrade in St Louis. The most harassed I've ever been in any of those places is Stormy (Hurricanes mascot) coming and sitting next to me and just staring at me for like a minute. That was one helluva long minute. Then again, people down here are typically polite to your face but *******s behind your back.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Riverdale

Missed the first two periods

How about Hank huh?

LGR!

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
melrose thinks nj wins game 4
Rangers haven't won a game 4 in the playoffs since 2009.. not that much of a limb in that prediction.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

One thing that is encouraging though, is we're blowing out the devils in our wins (when you have a team where practically EVERY game is a 1 goal game, winning by 3 IS indeed a blowout, even if one of those goals is an ENG)

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Same at RBC (or whatever it's called now) in Raleigh, Phillips Arena in Atlanta and Scottrade in St Louis. The most harassed I've ever been in any of those places is Stormy (Hurricanes mascot) coming and sitting next to me and just staring at me for like a minute. That was one helluva long minute. Then again, people down here are typically polite to your face but *******s behind your back.
I've had Thunderbug (Lightning Mascot) stare me down and shake his or her head at me. Its all in good fun.

Going to an arena should be a fun experience regardless of which side of the fence you root for.

Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:25 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
It's just bizarre. I've worn Rangers jerseys at the Coliseum and never had any issues with the staff there. Hell, I've worn Yankees gear into Fenway Park, and while some Red Sox fans heckled me, the staff didn't care at all.

As a fan of a visiting team, I expect to deal with some taunting from the home team's fans when I walk into their stadium. But I do not anticipate the staff to treat me any differently. It's as if the staff at the Prudential Center is under the assumption that all Rangers fans are going to be rowdy, rude, and instigate fights. All fanbases have their fair share of *******s, but I can guarantee that not every Ranger fan walking into the Rock is like that.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:37 PM
drubov

Quote:

Same happened to me in '08. The Rangers did a meet up at MSG to ride the train together. They gave us like a swag bag. There was a towel, like a keychain? and Duguay was there signing pics. Got to the Rock and they wouldn't let us bring ANYTHING in with a Ranger logo saying we would start trouble. Pathetic.

drubov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:42 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

this was from awhile ago but i found this great picture of Liam Neeson at one of the Ranger games.

OMGLOL, check out this guy photobombing Matthew Perry

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:58 PM
park rangers
Optimist

It's amazing the lengths that Devils fans will go so they won't give credit to Lundqvist.

Last edited by NyRangers88: 05-20-2012 at 03:28 AM.
park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Yawk Ranguhs View Post
It's amazing the lengths that Devils fans will go so they won't give credit to Lundqvist.
It's not enough that his career record against the devils is mind-boggling. But then proceeds to give up only 3 goals in 3 games against that very team, with the ice being tilted for most of the periods. I don't understand how some devil fans cannot give the man credit. He's dominating the devils.

Last edited by NyRangers88: 05-20-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:15 AM
koz2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
The second bolded part says there would be a refund in that hypothetical instance. But if you paid far above face value on StubHub, and then the Devils give you face... yeah I could see a riot.
but what if I hypothetically got tickets I didn't want for free from a friend, say for a meaningless and unintereting regular season game?

Step 1: Get free tickets
Step 2: Get refused entry
Step 3: Profit?

koz2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
These reasons are why the devils are nothing more than a novelty. The staff is extremely unprofessional and stupid. Ive been there in my rangers drawstring, they took it from me. I made a big deal and threatened to report this as unfair/discriminatory treatment to the BBB and got it back. That is the only place that the staff was stupid AND uunprofessional... the NVMC staff was polite and joked aboutstarting trouble. But they weren't jerks

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Krams
what a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by koz2393 View Post
but what if I hypothetically got tickets I didn't want for free from a friend, say for a meaningless and unintereting regular season game?

Step 1: Get free tickets
Step 2: Get refused entry
Step 3: Profit?

I like this idea. Somebody ought to try it.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Greg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
It's not enough that his career record against the devils is mind-boggling. But then proceeds to give up only 3 goals in 3 games against that very team, with the ice being tilted for most of the periods. I don't understand how some devil fans cannot give the man credit. He's dominating the devils.
I hate posters like you. It's not like you're just respectful on the Rangers board, you also consistently make good posts (not necessarily defending the Rangers, just good hockey posts) in the series thread on the main board. It makes it very difficult to generate the necessary amount of rage over the fact that you're a Devils fan.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:27 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
And if you bring up the fact he faced multiple breakaways and a ton of odd man rushes to those fans they don't acknowledge your post.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:28 AM
McDunna with Fries

Marty played a good game, but robbed a star from either McDonagh, Kreider, or Callahan.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Star 1: Henrik Lundqvist
Star 2: Henrik Lundqvist
Star 3: Henrik Lundqvist
Star 4: The goal post
Star 5: Henrik Lundqvist

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:30 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:

Supposedly what happened was in one of the first two games of the 08 series, a lot of Ranger fans took the towels that they were given and clogged up a lot of the toilets inside the building after a win. From that point forward, they made it a plan not to give them towels anymore as well as not letting Ranger fans bring them in.

The pain in the ass workers at the Rock seem to be security that let you in and check your bags. They seemed very unfriendly from the times I've gone to games. Security that runs the $10 ticket line was always cool with us, they're actually Ranger fans. I've never had an issue with security personally but I could see where you're coming from.