HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Prust suspended 1 game

Old
05-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

vCash: 500
His hit was not as bad as the hit in the coyotes game 2 game...forgot who that was. Either way, if hes out, maybe a miracle and dubi is back.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
For sure. The NHL hasn't been taking intent into account as much as they should, though. Because Alfredsson is both a star, and was injured, they threw the book at Hags despite there being no intent. Given that Prust is not a repeat offender, that there was no resulting injury, and that it's the playoffs, my prediction is one game.
i think shanahan defended the intent part on boomer pretty well during the ottawa series: "no player is going to come in there and tell me he did it intentionally." they review what happened prior. i think vor completely increased the odds of this being a dangerous hit by moving, but prust's arm did come up and for that he should get a game. 2 wouldn't surprise me, but it's overkill. 3 would be an absolute joke since hagelin got 3 for a concussion and he's a rookie. prust has been in the league for years with no sup disc playing on the edge. (which is why he deemed neil's hit okay)

way i see it hagelin got:
1 game for elbow
1 game for injury
1 game for hit to head
0 +/- 1 games for previous history (though weighted by this being his first game)

prust's hit:
1 game for elbow
0 games for injury
1 game for hit to head
-1 game for previous history (multiple seasons with no problems)

I def see a double standard here. The Phoenix elbow def was a lot worse (I believe it was g2 last round?). done with clear intent. shame

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:59 PM
arunnair87

I did not think this was a dirty hit. I thought Prust went to hit the player and Volchenov kind of turned into it. I thought Volchenov put himself in a vulnerable position. But maybe I have my rangers glasses on (happens from time to time.)

Anyone else in my boat? Hit deserved definitely a 2 minute penalty. But supplementary discipline? I'm not so sure. No injury (which I think should not even be included), no prior history...

arunnair87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunnair87 View Post
I did not think this was a dirty hit. I thought Prust went to hit the player and Volchenov kind of turned into it. I thought Volchenov put himself in a vulnerable position. But maybe I have my rangers glasses on (happens from time to time.)

Anyone else in my boat? Hit deserved definitely a 2 minute penalty. But supplementary discipline? I'm not so sure. No injury (which I think should not even be included), no prior history...
1 game is fair, anything more is overkill. the point is that his arm was high and he extended it. if his arm isn't there, no head contact is made. regardless of what the other player did he has to keep his arms down to avoid the risk.

Old
05-19-2012, 09:54 PM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

since Rangers won, it'll be 2 games
had they lost it would only be 1 game

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:00 PM
McMonster

1 if any

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:04 PM
True Blue

Shanny needs to be his own victim of his own rules here. No injury, no penalty, no missed shifts, that can only be no suspension. Otherwise, how have some of the other hits in the playoffs been unnoticed?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Shanny needs to be his own victim of his own rules here. No injury, no penalty, no missed shifts, that can only be no suspension. Otherwise, how have some of the other hits in the playoffs been unnoticed?
devils didn't cry for the other hits

Old
05-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Noonan25

If he is out then zubrus should be out on the stralman elbow too

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:44 PM
varanger94

Well, if Prust gets suspended, than Parise has to get at least the same. Thank you DVR, because NBC didn't bother to show or mention that, not only did Parise elbow Del Soto to the back of the head, he also left his feet. If you DVR'd the game, it happened with 6:24 left in the Third Period. If I have too, I am going to use my Video Camera off the LCD and post it on You Tube. Way before this happened, I told myself that I will never listen to NBC again. If I watch the game live, I'll try to match the Radio feed with the live broadcast. If I have to DVR the Game, I'll watch it with the sound off. The game is pressure enough to watch, without having to listen to the Ranger bashing during the game and in between periods.

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Noonan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
Well, if Prust gets suspended, than Parise has to get at least the same. Thank you DVR, because NBC didn't bother to show or mention that, not only did Parise elbow Del Soto to the back of the head, he also left his feet. If you DVR'd the game, it happened with 6:24 left in the Third Period. If I have too, I am going to use my Video Camera off the LCD and post it on You Tube. Way before this happened, I told myself that I will never listen to NBC again. If I watch the game live, I'll try to match the Radio feed with the live broadcast. If I have to DVR the Game, I'll watch it with the sound off. The game is pressure enough to watch, without having to listen to the Ranger bashing during the game and in between periods.
Can u upload it

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

he absolutely deserves to be suspended. To me, anything between 1 and 3 is fair. Anything more is excessive, anything less is absurd. It's a dangerous, dangerous play, and no matter what Pruster says, that's picking the head with the elbow, clear as day....as was the play on Uncle Daddy.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:47 AM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
He's a Ranger so, 3.

wafflepadsave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
he absolutely deserves to be suspended. To me, anything between 1 and 3 is fair. Anything more is excessive, anything less is absurd. It's a dangerous, dangerous play, and no matter what Pruster says, that's picking the head with the elbow, clear as day....as was the play on Uncle Daddy.
Yep. No homerism here. Prust deserves to sit. Reckless, unnecessary play.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:24 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan25 View Post
I don't think it was a dirty hit, he did go elbow there but he ducked. Shanny definitely suspending him

That hit was dirty. Take off your homer glasses.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:25 AM
darko

Quote:

Pretty much this.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:34 AM
trilobyte

How many elbows to the helmet do you see?

Yes, it was dirty, as he may have caught him somewhere other than the helmet. One game would seem sufficient.
I mean, you cannot put this in the same category as Duncan Keith's elbow to Daniel Sedin. That was a full on blow, this was a glancing blow off of a helmet.

Discipline? Probably, and deserved.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:41 AM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
It was worse than Hagelin's, did Volchenkov leave injured though? If not no more than 1 game.
This. The criteria for suspensions are so backwards. But the NHL's stupidity might benefit the NYR in this case. Otherwise I'd say 2-3 games.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:51 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Will just repeat this again. Scott would be a waste. Throw Wellman into the fire on the third line. He is fast and has a nice shot and has played in the NHL this year at a .5 ppg pace. NOT NEWBURY.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 02:01 AM
trilobyte

I would like to see Wellman, as I have seen more than enough of Newbury over the last few years.

Old
05-20-2012, 02:52 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
This. The criteria for suspensions are so backwards. But the NHL's stupidity might benefit the NYR in this case. Otherwise I'd say 2-3 games.
I do not fully understand your argument. If you are advising that the discipline handed out be in relation to the severity of the action, I agree with you. Using that logic, I would definitely say that Hagelin's elbow to Alfredsson's face was a much worse hit than Prust's elbow to the back of Volchenkov's helmet. Sure, we all know Hagelin did not mean too, and we know that Prust really did mean to tag Volchenkov, but I see very little similarity in the two actions.
Glancing blow to back of helmet, full on blow to face.

Old
05-20-2012, 04:12 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
just watched holy **** that is a bad hit!

Old
05-20-2012, 04:20 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
posted this on the main Stanley Cup Playoffs forum. hopefully somebody there will post a youtube of the hit.

Old
05-20-2012, 04:27 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Nothing more to say, I think heŽll sit one. No injury, Volchenkov played after it and has no concussion. 1 is fair.

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:14 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

There are so many incidents which don't get reviewed like Brent Burns elbowing Scott Nichol in the head. Then Shanahan suspends Prust for the play. That's frustrating.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote