HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

a top-end goalie not yet talked about to be traded at draft - 100% certain

Old
05-19-2012, 10:23 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
I'd be so happy if Miller was traded.

enrothorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by matCH penalty View Post
Yeah, he's also garbage. I reiterate: burning cars.
This is what I disagree with, you don't have to like him or want him on your team, but he's far from garbage.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:25 PM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by azntam View Post
To Pit: Price

To Mtl: Fleury
Won't happen but it's about the only one worth making

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball75 View Post
You know you can't win the cup every year. Fluery was in two straight cup finals and not many goalies can say that at least in the last ten years or so. There's a ton of pressure on each and every player once u make the playoffs and it's up to the team to win. Fluery is a superstar goalie and there isn't many of those to go around. Roy won in 86 and it wasn't until 93 they wOn again. There were some years in between he could've been the goat but he's still one of the best tO play the game and fluery will be too. As much as I hate Brodeur he's been very successful but not so much lately in the playoffs. Does that make him garbage?
I don't expect him to win the Cup every year. There is no excuse for playing as bad as he did in the playoffs this season and to a lesser extent against Montreal a couple years ago. The guy pushed a puck into his own net against the Flyers at one point. Pens fans and Fleury fans will get defensive about this, but it's true. The expectation with him should be a lot more. He's good enough to play better. His back to back solid regular seasons and some of his past postseason successes are evidence of this.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:46 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
I really hope that Chicago plans on being part of this potential goalie shuffle... nothing will be more frustrating than another year of hoping Crawford/Emery can get it done.
Ask Flyers fans, Im sure you can find a more frustrating proposition than having a cheap goalie not getting the job done.

Its far superior to have a cheap goalie not doing the job than an expensive one not doing it

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
This is what I disagree with, you don't have to like him or want him on your team, but he's far from garbage.
I do agree with this. I will definitely bash Fleury for coming up small in the playoffs recently, but he's a good player and far from garbage. I would have little frustration if he were garbage because I'd have no expectations of him. My frustration with him is just his recent postseason performances and that's because I've seen him play very well in postseasons past and watched him play the best hockey of his career in the last two regular seasons.

Old
05-19-2012, 10:55 PM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I don't expect him to win the Cup every year. There is no excuse for playing as bad as he did in the playoffs this season and to a lesser extent against Montreal a couple years ago. The guy pushed a puck into his own net against the Flyers at one point. Pens fans and Fleury fans will get defensive about this, but it's true. The expectation with him should be a lot more. He's good enough to play better. His back to back solid regular seasons and some of his past postseason successes are evidence of this.
I agree he can be better but it's not fair to say al of a sudden he's garbage when all great goalies have bad playoff stretches

Old
05-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
I agree he can be better but it's not fair to say al of a sudden he's garbage when all great goalies have bad playoff stretches
Never called him garbage. If I thought he was garbage then I'd believe we could replace him with any bum off the street, but I admitted we can't replace him. We don't have the depth and acquiring a better goalie in trade will be too costly. He's just got to play better in the playoffs and keep up the good regular season work.

Old
05-19-2012, 11:00 PM
jayball75

Quote:
I'm a fan of fluery even though I'm a canadiens fan. The series vs Philly was bad as it gets but the pens got caught up in the crap Philly was putting out when Pittsburgh is way beyond that. The evidence was in games 4 and 5 when they played hockey and didn't let Philly get to them. Fluery will be amazing next year.

Old
05-19-2012, 11:01 PM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Ask Flyers fans, Im sure you can find a more frustrating proposition than having a cheap goalie not getting the job done.

Its far superior to have a cheap goalie not doing the job than an expensive one not doing it
The Philly curse since the days of hextall.

Old
05-19-2012, 11:04 PM
jayball75

Quote:
Never called him garbage. If I thought he was garbage then I'd believe we could replace him with any bum off the street, but I admitted we can't replace him. We don't have the depth and acquiring a better goalie in trade will be too costly. He's just got to play better in the playoffs and keep up the good regular season work.
Sorry bout that I confused your post with another once I started writing. They are set in net until he retires but they do need to upgrade the D.

Old
05-20-2012, 12:35 AM
Zrinski

Haven't gone through the entire thread, but anyone bring up Bryz yet? Maybe not a 'top end' guy but certainly one of the biggest names out there right now. Organization doesn't seem particularly thrilled with the year he had.

I personally doubt Philly would give up on him after just a year, but I think he's a possibility. Makes more sense than MAF. Miller has been talked about this year a lot, even if he's traded he shouldn't be the guy who supposedly told Eklund he's gone.

Zrinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:39 AM
TorontoTrades

Cam Ward to the Leafs... would go from 6 to midnight iiiiiiiiiiiif yaknowwhatimean

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:41 AM
n3ss

Clearly he's talking about Lundqvist.

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:48 AM
FightinSioux

Hiller

FightinSioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:48 AM
klog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
Clearly he's talking about Lundqvist.
or Quick

klog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:03 AM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrinski View Post
Haven't gone through the entire thread, but anyone bring up Bryz yet? Maybe not a 'top end' guy but certainly one of the biggest names out there right now. Organization doesn't seem particularly thrilled with the year he had.
NO ONE will take that contract.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:29 AM
apadilla

i'll guess j. quick, as the kings will want to give bernier his chance next season

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:29 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Its funny how he say's best goalie in the world, when those are Quick and Lundqvist at this time, and they are bound to be the SCF matchup. Also no team, he's probably saying this and praying Burke is dumb enough to offer the 5th, next years first and Kadri for Thomas.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:34 AM
mgd525

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
NO ONE will take that contract.
agreed. On a side note I hope it is flower. I mean i know its a ******** rumor but i can hope. Flower is a strange case....very strange. His ability is unreal but at 27 or 28 ? you have to wonder if he can put it to gether and actually keep it. Insane talent.

mgd525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:50 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 2061
It's Rinne, to make room for Luongo, I'll bet.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 02:13 AM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 81
Ward might want to go home.

To Car: 1st overall and Dubnyk

To Edm: Ward and Car 1st(8th Overall)

Edmonton takes Reinhart with the pick.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 02:25 AM
kthsn

Does Khabby from EDM still count as a "top-end goalie"?

If so, that's my bet for an "goalie not yet talked about to be traded at draft"

kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:02 AM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
To Sharks: Marc-Andre Fleury, David Booth, Penguin's 2012 first round pick (#22)

To Penguins: Cory Schneider, Patrick Marleau

To Canucks: Chris Letang, Jordan Staal, Matt Pelech
this is soooooo bad.

MAF + Staal + Letang + 1st for ****ing Schneider + Marleau?

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:15 AM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
It's just easier to bash the goalie then the D, PK, coaching, ect.

MAF wasn't good against Philly but the Pens play some of the worse "defense" I've ever seen in my life.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote