HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2012, 02:50 PM
  #51
UKFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
That's what I was thinking too. I was thinking maybe he had linemates to carry him but his rating is too high... Vikke can you post his scout report? I want to see what his character traits are like...

In my file, Fedor is about to hit 100 goals, he has close to 200 points. I don't think he'll hit Gretzky's record, I had a patch of games where he'd put up 1 or 2 points

Also, I traded Cammalleri and Taylor Pyatt to 15th place Washington... for Alex Ovechkin Cammalleri had 3 100+ point seasons (including 2 50+ goal seasons) and Ovechkin was just over PPG this season (since moving to my team he's been about 3 PPG [new team syndrome]). Cammalleri on Washington is pushing 6.70 rating (he was above 8 on the Habs). It was a tough decision because I legitimately love Cammalleri but ultimately Ovechkin is a beast in the game and my top 6 will be even better now going forward since Ovy's entering his peak.

From trading off some of my overpaid d-men, I will have a top 3 pick and another 1st rounder besides my own so I'm thinking of potentially trading 2 of them so I can try get a higher pick next year for the Jagr regen. Or I may just gamble... I know the Modano regen is up for draft this year and isn't even ranked because he's not on a team now (been watching him since he was about 15 in-game).

I'm at the point where I have a bunch of prospects that could step in and contribute but my top line is good enough where I may trade some of my "ready for NHL" forwards to stock up some more d prospects where I am dry except for my Orr regen, Hardy Irwin.
Thanks for the help with the D-Men. Pyatt is so over-rated on the game. For me, he equalled Gainey's 4 successive Selke Trophy wins before I shipped him.

UKFlyers is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 03:04 PM
  #52
irunthepeg
#whiteout
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,078
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKFlyers View Post
Thanks for the help with the D-Men. Pyatt is so over-rated on the game. For me, he equalled Gainey's 4 successive Selke Trophy wins before I shipped him.
Yup no problem.

As for Pyatt, I just had him in the AHL, I believe I picked him up on waivers half way through the season. I'm now in the business of putting my decent wingers in the top 6, letting them have a good season points wise then shipping them out. That's what I did with Kirill Petrov, who had 100+ points in his rookie season. He also had a solid ranking over 8... his best attributes are 15s in the technical attributes so maybe Vikke's Karl Emmerson wasn't a fluke.

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 09:26 PM
  #53
clarke19
Registered User
 
clarke19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 784
vCash: 500
I just won 2 Calder Cups in 3 seasons, both of them coming in the final 2. Nearing the end of the 3rd season a couple of my players signed NHL contracts and left the team, resulting in a slump causing us to fall to 2nd in our Division, the Board was outraged and not even winning the Calder Cup could save my job.

Unemployment sucks. I'm tempted to just start a new character, but I wanted to stick to one guy and go from AHL to NHL for the challenge/realism. Can anyone tell me why I got fired?

clarke19 is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 09:48 PM
  #54
bigbadbruins7
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 500
having some trouble with ehm. played in ehm leagues before but never downloaded it. just downloaded it to my computer but it cannot run because one of the OCX files is invalid. anyone else had this problem and if they did how did you fix it?

bigbadbruins7 is offline  
Old
05-18-2012, 10:50 AM
  #55
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke19 View Post
I just won 2 Calder Cups in 3 seasons, both of them coming in the final 2. Nearing the end of the 3rd season a couple of my players signed NHL contracts and left the team, resulting in a slump causing us to fall to 2nd in our Division, the Board was outraged and not even winning the Calder Cup could save my job.

Unemployment sucks. I'm tempted to just start a new character, but I wanted to stick to one guy and go from AHL to NHL for the challenge/realism. Can anyone tell me why I got fired?
Bad media relations? Bad loss streak? Did you forget to ask for extra time for rebuild?

Anyway, the 2019 draft class, full of fail:

29th:



Not particularly good, but passable 2nd line RW. Unfortunately, he's the best of this bunch...

59th:



A pretty solid D-man on paper who just never could crack my top-7 and the AHL Albany River Saboteurs refused to play him for some inane reason.

89th:



This guy never really improved from his draft day.

119th:



Semi-decent bottom-6 winger. Actually managed to stay in NHL after I let him go.

149th:



Undeveloped trash.

179th:



Ditto. I have no idea how he conned two NHL teams to give him chance after I released him.

209th:



Pure fail.

MadArcand is offline  
Old
05-18-2012, 02:10 PM
  #56
irunthepeg
#whiteout
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,078
vCash: 50
Stew McLeod is exactly like a d-man in my game (who's only 19 right now), Nevin Ness. 20 for slapshot, 16 for checking, 15 for pokecheck, 15 for hitting, good physical traits but most other stats aren't that great. I'm hoping he'll be able to turn into a serviceable 6/7th d-man or maybe he'll just be an AHL-lifer.

Price won the Vezina last season but is performing sub-par this season... oh well, I do have a few bright points: Hardy Irwin is now my #1 d-man and is putting up solid 9/10s, my rookie 2nd line RW Frank Kramer is puttin up PPG numbers, and this...



The total # of goals throughout all his NHL games , the ridiculous season last season , and then the nice start to this season


Last edited by irunthepeg: 05-18-2012 at 02:34 PM.
irunthepeg is offline  
Old
05-18-2012, 10:34 PM
  #57
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,819
vCash: 500
How do you guys get these numbers in EHM ???

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
05-18-2012, 11:16 PM
  #58
irunthepeg
#whiteout
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,078
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
How do you guys get these numbers in EHM ???
I normally cannot achieve numbers like this. I put a player into my game with all 20s for technical/phyical attributes and high greens for all of the mental attributes as a test to see how well I could make him perform.

The most I can usually get is ~150 points in a single season, however I have made someone break the single season goal record. Usually by running a very offensive tactic.

Eat your heart out Wayne



Last edited by irunthepeg: 05-19-2012 at 12:40 AM.
irunthepeg is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 01:39 AM
  #59
bigbadbruins7
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 500
having some trouble with ehm. played in ehm leagues before but never downloaded it. just downloaded it to my computer but it cannot run because one of the OCX files is invalid. anyone else had this problem and if they did how did you fix it?

bigbadbruins7 is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 06:11 AM
  #60
croAVSfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Country: Croatia
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Which leagus I need to scout in order to get players for my OHL team ?

croAVSfan* is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 06:16 AM
  #61
croAVSfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Country: Croatia
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Stew McLeod is exactly like a d-man in my game (who's only 19 right now), Nevin Ness. 20 for slapshot, 16 for checking, 15 for pokecheck, 15 for hitting, good physical traits but most other stats aren't that great. I'm hoping he'll be able to turn into a serviceable 6/7th d-man or maybe he'll just be an AHL-lifer.

Price won the Vezina last season but is performing sub-par this season... oh well, I do have a few bright points: Hardy Irwin is now my #1 d-man and is putting up solid 9/10s, my rookie 2nd line RW Frank Kramer is puttin up PPG numbers, and this...



The total # of goals throughout all his NHL games , the ridiculous season last season , and then the nice start to this season
Is he a Russian ? Judging by name should be, but I see that he played in Kladno before moving to North America.

croAVSfan* is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 08:37 AM
  #62
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vimmerby, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,548
vCash: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by croAVSfan View Post
Which leagus I need to scout in order to get players for my OHL team ?
Leagues to scout are (in alphabetical order); Alliance Pavillion League, Central
Canadian Hockey League, Central Ontario Junior C Hockey League, Central States
Hockey League, Eastern AAA Hockey League, Eastern Ontario Junior Hockey
League, Empire B Junior Hockey League, Empire Junior B Hockey League,
Georgian Mid-Ontario Junior Hockey League, Great Lakes Junior C Hockey League,
Great Northern Midget League, Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League, Greater
Toronto Hockey League, Hockey Northern Ontario, Metropolitan Junior Hockey
League, Niagara and District Junior C Hockey League, Ontario Junior A Hockey
League, Ottawa and District MHA Midget League, South Central AAA League,
Southern Ontario Junior Hockey League, United States High School East, United
States High School West, United States U16 East, Western Ontario Junior C Hockey
League

Note: Not my list, someone at ehmtheblueline compiled it, I had it saved on the cpu.

Vikke is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 10:35 AM
  #63
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by croAVSfan View Post
Which leagus I need to scout in order to get players for my OHL team ?
Make sure you pay attention to the information on the players when scouting the American leagues. If a player says he wants to play US College Hockey I found it's near impossible to get the guy to commit to playing in the OHL.

StormSurge9 is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 11:14 AM
  #64
RO8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Courtenay
Country: Canada
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
Make sure you pay attention to the information on the players when scouting the American leagues. If a player says he wants to play US College Hockey I found it's near impossible to get the guy to commit to playing in the OHL.
If you select them in the draft sometimes "wants to play major junior" will be added to their info so I'll use my later round picks on a couple Americans when the well of decent Canadians is gone, usually beyond round 10. I have got some of my best playuers that way and even got Canadians when they planned to play collage hockey too.

RO8 is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 11:59 AM
  #65
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
If you select them in the draft sometimes "wants to play major junior" will be added to their info so I'll use my later round picks on a couple Americans when the well of decent Canadians is gone, usually beyond round 10. I have got some of my best playuers that way and even got Canadians when they planned to play collage hockey too.
I usually use late round picks on them as well, but I still can never get them committed.

StormSurge9 is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 12:13 PM
  #66
irunthepeg
#whiteout
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,078
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by croAVSfan View Post
Is he a Russian ? Judging by name should be, but I see that he played in Kladno before moving to North America.
You're spot on! The real person, Fedor Emelianenko, is a Russian MMA fighter (er, I guess former since he retired). But I made him a Czech/Canada player and stuck him in the Czech league to begin. I sort of wanted him to be hidden.

I never ended up signing him to the Wheat Kings his first season, I just kept giving him 8 week tryouts and he'd keep accepting and coming over

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 03:37 PM
  #67
croAVSfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Country: Croatia
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
majorleaugebrian and Vikke, thanks for the advice

croAVSfan* is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 11:44 PM
  #68
irunthepeg
#whiteout
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,078
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Leagues to scout are (in alphabetical order); Alliance Pavillion League, Central
Canadian Hockey League, Central Ontario Junior C Hockey League, Central States
Hockey League, Eastern AAA Hockey League, Eastern Ontario Junior Hockey
League, Empire B Junior Hockey League, Empire Junior B Hockey League,
Georgian Mid-Ontario Junior Hockey League, Great Lakes Junior C Hockey League,
Great Northern Midget League, Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League, Greater
Toronto Hockey League, Hockey Northern Ontario, Metropolitan Junior Hockey
League, Niagara and District Junior C Hockey League, Ontario Junior A Hockey
League, Ottawa and District MHA Midget League, South Central AAA League,
Southern Ontario Junior Hockey League, United States High School East, United
States High School West, United States U16 East, Western Ontario Junior C Hockey
League

Note: Not my list, someone at ehmtheblueline compiled it, I had it saved on the cpu.
I missed this at first. That's crazy. I barely have 2-3 scouts when I control a junior team. I maybe have 8-10 on an NHL team. That's intense, but I guess some are really thoroughly into the scouting portion. Good advice!

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 12:51 AM
  #69
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified
 
Mike Farkas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
I usually use late round picks on them as well, but I still can never get them committed.
Generally the case with me as well. Although one neat one was when I was the GM of Victoriaville and it was late, late in the draft and time to take a flyer on a kid who wants to go to college...looked at a kid, his hometown was Victoriaville and short story shoter, he ended up signing with me. I wonder if being drafted by his hometown team had anything to do with it...

Mike Farkas is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 09:36 AM
  #70
RO8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Courtenay
Country: Canada
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
I don't think it has anything to do with it but I thik Canadians going to collage are more likely to change their minds but I have done it with quite a few Americans too. The best part is since it is so late in the draft it is little risk big reward if they don't get "wants to play major junior" in their info after you draft them then just release them. I'd say it happens about once or twice every 10 tries, it isn't an exact science but you can get some pretty good prospects this way.

Also you can scout that many leagues if you want but it is really unnecessary very rarely are their quality CHLers that aren't signed and aren't at the top of the free agency list. I basically only draft When I am in the CHL I don't trade and rarely sign free agents, usually only when I lost an important piece of my team or need some extra bodies.

RO8 is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 11:36 AM
  #71
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vimmerby, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,548
vCash: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
I missed this at first. That's crazy. I barely have 2-3 scouts when I control a junior team. I maybe have 8-10 on an NHL team. That's intense, but I guess some are really thoroughly into the scouting portion. Good advice!
To be fair, I've never scouted all those leagues. Usually I just scout the draft and a bunch of the leagues. Those are the leagues with OHL eligible players, but many of them are so bad that you'll never find a useful player anyway.

Vikke is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:48 PM
  #72
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
Has anyone had success with a really defensive team and tactics?

If so what were your tactics etc?

I generally have had a lot more success with really balanced teams or more offensive ones.
I'd really appreciate some help in this area as well. I've looked for and tinkered with defensive tactics for years now, with little success.

The problem I find, is that it's much easier to use the a very offensive tactic (rarely if ever seen in the NHL, even with Washington circa 2010), and regardless about the personnel, after a few years you should find success. Which is why I always fall back to them when I struggle with defensive tactics.

If anyone could show me where to find some good defensive unit tactics, (or your own experiences with them), it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Pick Six is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 02:02 PM
  #73
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
I missed this at first. That's crazy. I barely have 2-3 scouts when I control a junior team. I maybe have 8-10 on an NHL team. That's intense, but I guess some are really thoroughly into the scouting portion. Good advice!
Normally whether I'm with an NHL team or CHL, I always try to get the maximum amount of scouts (16 I think). For the OHL, I'll have 4 scout the OHL (permanent), 7 scout the OHL Draft (intensive), 5 scout the CHL Import Draft (intensive). For the NHL, I'll have 3 scouts for each of the CHL leagues (OHL, WHL, QMJHL - all permanent), 2 scouts for the NHL (permanent) and 5 for the NHL Draft (intensive). I'll start the scouting of the Drafts in October, and continue until the Drafts are done (resuming the scouting after they finish each 3-4 months).

Hope that works, Cheers.


Last edited by Pick Six: 05-20-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Pick Six is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 02:44 PM
  #74
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vimmerby, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,548
vCash: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick Six View Post
Normally whether I'm with an NHL team or CHL, I always try to get the maximum amount of scouts (16 I think). For the OHL, I'll have 4 scout the OHL (permanent), 7 scout the OHL Draft (intensive), 5 scout the CHL Import Draft (intensive). For the NHL, I'll have 3 scouts for each of the CHL leagues (OHL, WHL, QMJHL - all permanent), 2 scouts for the NHL (permanent) and 5 for the NHL Draft (intensive). I'll start the scouting of the Drafts in October, and continue until the Drafts are done (resuming the scouting after they finish each 3-4 months).

Hope that works, Cheers.
When in the NHL, I send a scout to Scandinavia and Eastern Europe, too, as well as a permanent one in the AHL, plus one that rotates between the ECHL, UHL and CHL.

Vikke is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 04:43 PM
  #75
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,740
vCash: 500
I have a permanent scout for each of the regions, plus one for NHL and one for next opposition. And the 5 best scouts scout the draft, then I go through the ranking and players rated at least 3-star by any scout, and scout the guys that seem to have some potential individually by the 5 scouts. The ones that pass through the scouting get a rating as note, and then I draft roughly by those notes. Oh and I also scout all unknown exotic country players individually. Just so.

MadArcand is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.