HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ECF Devils @ Rangers Game 3: "Game 1 Replay"

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 127 72.57%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 25 14.29%
Brad Richards 4 2.29%
Marian Gaborik 1 0.57%
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 2 1.14%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Brandon Prust 2 1.14%
Mike Rupp 1 0.57%
John Mitchell 3 1.71%
Brian Boyle 1 0.57%
Dan Girardi 72 41.14%
Marc Staal 4 2.29%
Michael Del Zotto 1 0.57%
Ryan McDonagh 82 46.86%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Anton Stralman 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 170 97.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-19-2012, 11:31 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

vCash: 500
the Neeson pic is great ... I always see him at games ... does he live here year round?

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Yawk Ranguhs View Post
It's amazing the lengths that Devils fans will go so they won't give credit to Lundqvist.
Yeah and then he'll try to come here and act like he's an objective poster

Last edited by BlueShirts88: 05-20-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:32 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Man, the staff at the Pru are so unprofessional.

Coming in the game, the lady told me I was not allowed to have a towel. Eff that, I'm getting a towel, I paid just like everyone else(and I happen to have a sister who is a Devils fan, who would love the towel as a keepsake). Anyway, what a joke...I had to argue with her and finally she gave me one. Then it was on to buy some food...the lady their thought it was also hilarious to tell me she wouldnt serve me because I was a rangers fan.

I am so glad that at the Garden all fans are treated appropriately by staff, because that kind of stuff is just downright embarrassing IMO.
I was at the game too, and I wasn't offered a towel. I went to grab one, and the staff worker asked me, "where do you think you are? The Garden?"

I ignored her and grabbed a towel from the stack next to her and she didn't stop me. She asked what I was going to do with it, and I told her I was going to wipe my ass with it after we win the game and I take my celebratory dump.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
I hate posters like you. It's not like you're just respectful on the Rangers board, you also consistently make good posts (not necessarily defending the Rangers, just good hockey posts) in the series thread on the main board. It makes it very difficult to generate the necessary amount of rage over the fact that you're a Devils fan.
I'm a hockey fan, first and foremost. A devil fan a close second. I know my hockey. I know firsthand that alot of this Henrik bashing is pure, subjective homerism. Whether it's the pads or the six goalie system, it doesn't hold up in the realm of true hockey analysis. At the end of the day, those pads have to be thrown down at the right time. Henrik has to be square to the shooter despite numerous variables during an offensive zone possession.

Another funny argument I read from the detractors is that the devils didn't have Henrik "moving around enough" today with their shots. Talk to any goalie coach worth his salt and the first thing they preach against is wasted movement. Henrik exhibits very subtle little movement for a reason. That's why he makes hard saves look routine.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:37 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
I'm a hockey fan, first and foremost. A devil fan a close second. I know my hockey. I know firsthand that alot of this Henrik bashing is pure, subjective homerism. Whether it's the pads or the six goalie system, it doesn't hold up in the realm of true hockey analysis. At the end of the day, those pads have to be thrown down at the right time. Henrik has to be square to the shooter despite numerous variables during an offensive zone possession.

Another funny argument I read from the detractors is that the devils didn't have Henrik "moving around enough" today with their shots. Talk to any goalie coach worth his salt and the first thing they preach against is wasted movement. Henrik exhibits very subtle little movement for a reason. That's why he makes hard saves look routine.
Bingo!

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:46 PM
Greg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post

Well, I enjoy reading your analyses, even though it kind of muddles the issue of who I should direct my visceral hatred at. It gets even more confusing considering that I blocked an active Rangers poster a couple of weeks ago for referring to Lundqvist as "the Queen" and "Lundpads".

Oh well, I suppose the world of hfboards is an odd place

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:52 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Doc needs to be put on suicide watch.

And now that we won, Prust is going to get suspended 3 games.
I posted this in another Thread and I feel it's important to post it again

Well, if Prust gets suspended, than Parise has to get at least the same. Thank you DVR, because NBC didn't bother to show or mention that, not only did Parise elbow Del Soto to the back of the head, he also left his feet. If you DVR'd the game, it happened with 6:24 left in the Third Period. If I have too, I am going to use my Video Camera off the LCD and post it on You Tube. Way before this happened, I told myself that I will never listen to NBC again. If I watch the game live, I'll try to match the Radio feed with the live broadcast. If I have to DVR the Game, I'll watch it with the sound off. The game is pressure enough to watch, without having to listen to the Ranger bashing during the game and in between periods.

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
I posted this in another Thread and I feel it's important to post it again

Well, if Prust gets suspended, than Parise has to get at least the same. Thank you DVR, because NBC didn't bother to show or mention that, not only did Parise elbow Del Soto to the back of the head, he also left his feet. If you DVR'd the game, it happened with 6:24 left in the Third Period. If I have too, I am going to use my Video Camera off the LCD and post it on You Tube. Way before this happened, I told myself that I will never listen to NBC again. If I watch the game live, I'll try to match the Radio feed with the live broadcast. If I have to DVR the Game, I'll watch it with the sound off. The game is pressure enough to watch, without having to listen to the Ranger bashing during the game and in between periods.
video pleas.e..i deleted my feed already.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
I was at the game too, and I wasn't offered a towel. I went to grab one, and the staff worker asked me, "where do you think you are? The Garden?"

I ignored her and grabbed a towel from the stack next to her and she didn't stop me. She asked what I was going to do with it, and I told her I was going to wipe my ass with it after we win the game and I take my celebratory dump.
And then clog one of the toilets there trying to flush it down

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Supposedly what happened was in one of the first two games of the 08 series, a lot of Ranger fans took the towels that they were given and clogged up a lot of the toilets inside the building after a win. From that point forward, they made it a plan not to give them towels anymore as well as not letting Ranger fans bring them in.

The pain in the ass workers at the Rock seem to be security that let you in and check your bags. They seemed very unfriendly from the times I've gone to games. Security that runs the $10 ticket line was always cool with us, they're actually Ranger fans. I've never had an issue with security personally but I could see where you're coming from.
How do they know it wasn't devils fans who did it because they're pissed they lost?

Old
05-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:

Post of the month.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:08 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
How do they know it wasn't devils fans who did it because they're pissed they lost?
No clue, just what I remember reading on here during the series.

05-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
No clue, just what I remember reading on here during the series.
It sounds like BS reasoning though.

If I wanted to clog a toilet I don't need a towel or need to bring anything in. All you have to do is flush a ton of toilet paper (which is already in the stall) at once and it'll clog right up.

Old
05-20-2012, 12:23 AM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
This reminds me of the Devils-Panthers series, when the Panthers President cited/blamed the Devils fans for throwing the rats onto the ice as the reason why they were no longer selling rats at the arena.

The only difference in the two scenarios is that it is entirely possible that the Rangers fans would have clogged the Devils' toilets, but we all know there are no Devils fans living in Florida.

Old
05-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
This reminds me of the Devils-Panthers series, when the Panthers President cited/blamed the Devils fans for throwing the rats onto the ice as the reason why they were no longer selling rats at the arena.

The only difference in the two scenarios is that it is entirely possible that the Rangers fans would have clogged the Devils' toilets, but we all know there are no Devils fans living in Florida.
Wait.. they SOLD RATS at the arena, then *****ed about said rats being thrown on the ice? Am i missing something here?

Old
05-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Sounds like a good business to me.

Fans buy rats, throw rats on ice. Pick up rats from ice to restock store.

Old
05-20-2012, 12:29 AM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Wait.. they SOLD RATS at the arena, then *****ed about said rats being thrown on the ice? Am i missing something here?
NHL told them that they'd be fined if they kept delaying games with all those tiny rats. The Panthers responded by blaming "Devils fans."

Old
05-20-2012, 12:32 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
NHL told them that they'd be fined if they kept delaying games with all those tiny rats. The Panthers responded by blaming "Devils fans."
Pfft. Like a 10K fine means anything to the organization

Old
05-20-2012, 12:37 AM
koz2393

Quote:

My dad told the guy he needed some rags to wash the car. The guy laughed and was like no its to wipe your tears during the game.

koz2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:53 AM
tpb209

Quote:

I may have been right behind you. Someone in front of me said the same thing and was bickering with a woman that was a devil fan. If that was you, you should remember me. I was probably the only person in the arena wearing a Fedor Tyutin sweater.

tpb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:55 AM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpb209 View Post
I may have been right behind you. Someone in front of me said the same thing and was bickering with a woman that was a devil fan. If that was you, you should remember me. I was probably the only person in the arena wearing a Fedor Tyutin sweater.
Haha nope, wasn't me. I don't waste my time bickering with opposing fans. Nice sweater, though!

Old
05-20-2012, 12:56 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Is it true all of Girardi's goals have been GWG?

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:59 AM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Is it true all of Girardi's goals have been GWG?
That's correct. Three playoff goals. Two in this series, both Game winners in a 3-0 shutout, and he scored the second goal in a 2-1 game against Ottawa

Old
05-20-2012, 01:03 AM
darko

Hank is a GOD.

Now lets take Game 4.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:06 AM
pucksoup

Quote:
Quote:
Pfft. Like a 10K fine means anything to the organization
It was more than a fine...the home team can be assessed a minor penalty if fans repeatedly throw objects on the ice during play/after goals.

"63.4 Objects Thrown on the Ice In the event that objects are thrown on the ice that interfere with the progress of the game, the Referee shall blow the whistle and stop the play and the puck shall be faced-off at a face-off spot in the zone nearest to the spot where play is stopped. When objects are thrown on the ice during a stoppage in play, including after the scoring of a goal, the Referee shall have announced over the public address system that any further occurrences will result in a bench minor penalty being assessed to the home Team. Articles thrown onto the ice following a special occasion (i.e. hat trick) will not result in a bench minor penalty being assessed."

pucksoup is offline   Reply With Quote