HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm - bos

Old
05-20-2012, 02:58 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Edm - bos

Unorthodox proposal here.

To EDM
P. Bergeron
T. Thomas
Adam McQuaid
2013 1st RD

To BOS
2012 1st overall
2013 1st RD
Gagner
Peckham or prospect
Cap space to go after Suter

I probably put too many players in.

Personally i dont feel my original idea of Bergeron for the 1st overall was even so i added the final year of T Thomas' career and Adam McQuaid. Bergeron(9) for 1st overall (10),swap 1st rounds next year for McQuaid (move up probably into top 10) (even), Thomas' last year(9) for Gagner and Peckham(9). I dont feel Dubnyk is the guy. We lost a right shot when Gilbert left for Shultz.

Oilers fans would be angry seeing this but we gain 3 cup rings... and end up losing likely a bure rw another top 10 pick and sam the man gagner but get bergeron, who does everything, a great goalie, and a hard nosed RHD to level our d corps. Plus we get the motivation of swapping picks with someone...thus removing the safety net of a consolation prize for sucking.
Line up would look like

Hall Nuge Ebs
Magnus Bergeron Hemsky
Smyth Horcoff Harti
Eager Belanger Jones

Smid Petry
Whitney McQuaid
N Schultz Potter

T Thomas
Dubnyk

Last edited by oilinblood: 05-20-2012 at 03:04 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:03 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

vCash: 500
Edmonton passes.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:05 AM
sully1410

I don't see why either team would do this. I havent followed the oilers very much, so it seems to mr that your top six is actually pretty solid, and you really need to build your bottom six and your defensive core. I think that once Dubnyk has some good defenders out infront of him it'll be a different story.

I'd be focusing on getting some great defensemen with that first overall as well as in the free agency.

A team that is in the midst of a massive rebuild should not be trading for a goalie with only a year or two before retirement. You already got one of those.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Edm and Bos both pass

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:11 AM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

vCash: 50
You don't think Dubnyk is our goalie for the future so the solution is to trade for a 38 year old tender?

Regardless, I don't like the value. We could get better for our first overall especially if we're throwing in next years first (could still be a lottery pick knowing this team) and Gagner. Also, we're already easily able to make room for Suter if he was interested in coming here but word is he's he's not coming to Canada.

No thanks.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:12 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Unorthodox proposal here.

To EDM
P. Bergeron
T. Thomas
Adam McQuaid
2013 1st RD

To BOS
2012 1st overall
2013 1st RD
Gagner
Peckham or prospect
Cap space to go after Suter

I probably put too many players in.

Personally i dont feel my original idea of Bergeron for the 1st overall was even so i added the final year of T Thomas' career and Adam McQuaid. Bergeron(9) for 1st overall (10),swap 1st rounds next year for McQuaid (move up probably into top 10) (even), Thomas' last year(9) for Gagner and Peckham(9). I dont feel Dubnyk is the guy. We lost a right shot when Gilbert left for Shultz.
Boston isn't rebuilding and trading Bergeron, who is the most important forward on the team would require a major shift in the make up of the team.

The Bruins are contneders, you aren't going to get 3 roster players for 1 and 2 picks.

If you really wanted those players, taking into consideration what Bergeron means to the Bruins, you better be ready to offer up RNH or Hall at the very least, otherwise there isn't a reason to make a move like this.

Contenders do not trade away roster players for picks unless the circumstances are a lot different than Boston's are right now, ie, someone asks for a trade, they would be over the salary cap, they have an upgrade.

This deal wouldn't happen, Boston would not trade away a core player for a pick at this time. The Bruins want to compete for the Cup next year, a 2013 draft pick does nothing for that.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:14 AM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:15 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Boston isn't rebuilding and trading Bergeron, who is the most important forward on the team would require a major shift in the make up of the team.

The Bruins are contneders, you aren't going to get 3 roster players for 1 and 2 picks.

If you really wanted those players, taking into consideration the factor that of what Bergeron means to the Bruins, you better be ready to offer up RNH or Hall at the very least, otherwise there isn't a reason to make a move like this.

Contenders do not trade away roster players for picks unless the circumstances are a lot different than Boston's are right now, ie, someone asks for a trade, they would be over the salary cap, they have an upgrade.

This deal wouldn't happen, Boston would not trade away a core player for a pick at this time. The Bruins want to compete for the Cup next year, a 2013 draft pick does nothing for that.
The Oilers would never do it either and if we are handing over 1st this year and next better expect to be putting Seguin in there . See how easy this is don't act like it is a good move for Edmonton how it sits cause it is not.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:29 AM
oilinblood

Quote:

If you really wanted those players, taking into consideration what Bergeron means to the Bruins, you better be ready to offer up RNH or Hall at the very least, otherwise there isn't a reason to make a move like this.

BTW the following is not flaming but trying to voice my opinion of the B's situation and the value.
I see the value in all the players listed. One does not trade a 1st over all and their 3 years on an entry level walk in the park cap hit for anything less. People have been throwing out the Jordan Staal 1 for 1 deal and it makes sense but Bergeron is more attractive in my opinion. Bergeron does not get enough respect for his finesse skill because he has become a team first complete player. In my opinion Bergeron is the centre we need, just like Staal would be a good option. However i prefer Bergeron to Staal because of his attitude of returning from his concussion and a hunger i see.
Not to mention if the Kessel trade hadnt fetched a 2nd overall the team wouldnt have made it past the third round in 2011... saviour Seguin. Its what top picks do.
Speaking of Seguin...when does he go to his natural position of centre? After Bergeron and Krejci have no value in 2015?
Most oiler fans i will admit likely have no idea who adam McQuaid is. Yes i know that speaks to the general hockey IQ of the fan base. I know who he is and what he brings and doesnt. shrug. i also know i place a large value on having a balanced defense with right and left shots.
How much is 1 last year of holding back Rask?

Its these deals that i hope Tambi looks to if he is answering any calls referring to a top 2 pick elite talent on an ELC. Or else draft the guy with better goals and 5 less points in his rookie OHL season than Hall had in his draft year.

If I am Bostons GM I know Krejci and Bergeron will eventually be replaced by Seguin at some point. MY option is when do i get best return on the asset that would be demoted below his cap hit status and his skill. I know next summer Thomas will be gone and do i piss rask off and delay more? And McQuaid is a stable horse but havent i acquired the assets to replace those...thru trades that gave me picks?
And a good GM WOULD trade those assets for picks and prospects because a good GM has the pieces ready to be promoted from within - RASK, SEGUIN etc. Why would you want bodies back when the whole point is to promote better players? Insane.

For Oilers fans this is the reason you do it. Bergeron is the centre we need behind Nugget. Thomas provides sanity and mentorship. MCQuaid makes us bigger and stronger, brings a right shot and stability in the middle or bottom pair. You get the added motivation of knowing you dont have your own pick anymore to try to swing the PR if you F up.also if the main hiccup was the last year of Thomas well... who knows where he would take that roster i put up. it could be far. and no i dont think dubnyk is that good... he was on team canada because of lowe IMO

Last edited by oilinblood: 05-20-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old
05-20-2012, 03:44 AM
cgf

Wonder how people would feel about a Hall for Bergeron based deal. Not realistic and there'd need to be some other pieces involved, but that would be an interesting proposal. Opens up room for Seguin at Center while bolstering Bostons wings and gives Edmonton a great 1-2 punch at Center while still having Eberle and Yak.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:47 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Wonder how people would feel about a Hall for Bergeron based deal. Not realistic and there'd need to be some other pieces involved, but that would be an interesting proposal. Opens up room for Seguin at Center while bolstering Bostons wings and gives Edmonton a great 1-2 punch at Center while still having Eberle and Yak.
if you go by numbers... Nail is better than Hall and Nail didnt have an all-star team around him.

Old
05-20-2012, 03:53 AM
cgf

Quote:
if you go by numbers... Nail is better than Hall and Nail didnt have an all-star team around him.
Hall's already playing in the NHL while Nail still hasn't stepped foot on the ice. That makes Hall much more valuable, especially to a contending team like Boston.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:02 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
BTW the following is not flaming but trying to voice my opinion of the B's situation and the value.
I see the value in all the players listed. One does not trade a 1st over all and their 3 years on an entry level walk in the park cap hit for anything less. People have been throwing out the Jordan Staal 1 for 1 deal and it makes sense but Bergeron is more attractive in my opinion. Bergeron does not get enough respect for his finesse skill because he has become a team first complete player. In my opinion Bergeron is the centre we need, just like Staal would be a good option. However i prefer Bergeron to Staal because of his attitude of returning from his concussion and a hunger i see.
Not to mention if the Kessel trade hadnt fetched a 2nd overall the team wouldnt have made it past the third round in 2011... saviour Seguin. Its what top picks do.
Speaking of Seguin...when does he go to his natural position of centre? After Bergeron and Krejci have no value in 2015?
Most oiler fans i will admit likely have no idea who adam McQuaid is. Yes i know that speaks to the general hockey IQ of the fan base. I know who he is and what he brings and doesnt. shrug. i also know i place a large value on having a balanced defense with right and left shots.

Its these deals that i hope Tambi looks to if he is answering any calls referring to a top 2 pick elite talent on an ELC. Or else draft the guy with better goals and 5 less points in his rookie OHL season than Hall had in his draft year.

If I am Bostons GM I know Krejci and Bergeron will eventually be replaced by Seguin at some point. MY option is when do i get best return on the asset that would be demoted below his cap hit status and his skill. I know next summer Thomas will be gone and do i piss rask off and delay more? And McQuaid is a stable horse but havent i acquired the assets to replace those...thru trades that gave me picks?
And a good GM WOULD trade those assets for picks and prospects because a good GM has the pieces ready to be promoted from within - RASK, SEGUIN etc. Why would you want bodies back when the whole point is to promote better players? Insane.

For Oilers fans this is the reason you do it. Bergeron is the centre we need behind Nugget. Thomas provides sanity and mentorship. MCQuaid makes us bigger and stronger, brings a right shot and stability in the middle or bottom pair. You get the added motivation of knowing you dont have your own pick anymore to try to swing the PR if you F up.also if the main hiccup was the last year of Thomas well... who knows where he would take that roster i put up. it could be far. and no i dont think dubnyk is that good... he was on team canada because of lowe IMO
1.- You're asking for the wrong center. Krejci is likely the odd man out when all is said and done. Boston will want someone with Bergeron's shutdown ability behind Seguin.

2.- Peckham and Gagner are both RFAs this summer. Both McQuaid and Bergeron are signed.

3.- Bergeron and McQuaid fit far better into the B's system than Gagner and Peckham.

4.- You're asking a Stanley Cup contender to trade 3 key pieces for futures.

Bruins decline.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:03 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Hall's already playing in the NHL while Nail still hasn't stepped foot on the ice. That makes Hall much more valuable, especially to a contending team like Boston.
i hate it when non-hockey motivation enters into the equation but this is where that would happen. Hall is part of the core now and because of that we would stick by him even if Nail was better - which he appears to be. Nail - like Seguin- would contribute slowly to even the best team in the NHL right away. I would state that Boston is likely happy they have seguin over hall and we are very happy to have hall over seguin. both are great players and both were great before they stepped foot on nhl ice. I am a big seguin fan but Hall is the devil i know and i cant find fault in him... talents being as close to equal as they are i wouldnt swap. For the record i wanted Seguin over hall right up to the moment Hall said candidly at the draft that he wanted to be an oiler and nothing else.

mmore importantly to your point; boston is happy they have seguin over kessel, and i suspect from day 1 of getting seguin they were.

Old
05-20-2012, 04:13 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
1.- You're asking for the wrong center. Krejci is likely the odd man out when all is said and done. Boston will want someone with Bergeron's shutdown ability behind Seguin.

2.- Peckham and Gagner are both RFAs this summer. Both McQuaid and Bergeron are signed.

3.- Bergeron and McQuaid fit far better into the B's system than Gagner and Peckham.

4.- You're asking a Stanley Cup contender to trade 3 key pieces for futures.

Bruins decline.
one person messaged me that it wasnt a bad trade on paper but that both teams would decline based on the whole devil you know thing i have talked about.

I would say that i agree Boston would look at moving Krejci more than Bergeron but the return would be far less. The reason Bergerons name can even come up in this #1 overall talk is because he is more than just a #2 Centre he is multi-talented on both sides of the puck. So they would have to weigh the return of Krejci against the return of Bergeron ... + Krejcis ability to cover for the absence of Bergeron. If Krejci can do it... like Seguin was remodeled into a two way force, than the B's are laughing hysterically while watching pavel bure 2 rip it up. *shrug*. Id likely do it from both sides which is why i posted. Plus i would probably trade that Oiler 13 pick this summer at high value... to the leafs for theirs.lol.

Old
05-20-2012, 04:18 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
The Oilers would never do it either and if we are handing over 1st this year and next better expect to be putting Seguin in there . See how easy this is don't act like it is a good move for Edmonton how it sits cause it is not.
The proposal was made by an Oiler fan, I was explaining why the Bruins wouldn't do it, since he is an Oiler fan I figured he could figure out why the Oilers shouldn't do it all on his own.

I was explaining why it is illogical from a Bruins point of view.

I made no comments on the value from an Oilers standpoint, but this offer was made from an Oilers standpoint, you do understand that right?

Old
05-20-2012, 04:21 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Quote:
one person messaged me that it wasnt a bad trade on paper but that both teams would decline based on the whole devil you know thing i have talked about.

I would say that i agree Boston would look at moving Krejci more than Bergeron but the return would be far less. The reason Bergerons name can even come up in this #1 overall talk is because he is more than just a #2 Centre he is multi-talented on both sides of the puck. So they would have to weigh the return of Krejci against the return of Bergeron ... + Krejcis ability to cover for the absence of Bergeron. If Krejci can do it... like Seguin was remodeled into a two way force, than the B's are laughing hysterically while watching pavel bure 2 rip it up. *shrug*. Id likely do it from both sides which is why i posted. Plus i would probably trade that Oiler 13 pick this summer at high value... to the leafs for theirs.lol.
I don't think Krejci nets far less than Bergy. There are plenty of teams right now that would pay up handsomely for both. Krejci's 2-way game is also underrated, he's no Bergy but he is also good on the PK and knows what he is doing in his own end.

This trade just makes no sense for Boston. If they were trying to shake things up then I could see something happening but I just don't see it. Boston is far better off just trading Thomas for picks and restocking the farm with players of their choice. Too much quality going out from Boston's end for too many unknowns and futures.

Old
05-20-2012, 04:36 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:

I just want to explain a couple of things about the Bruins. I know you are an Oilers fan so they are probably things that wouldn't immediately cross your mind because you are concerned about your team, not the Bruins, correct?

Bergeron is the most important forward on the team, he does it all. He is asked to play in every situation at any point in the game. If there is one forward that the team is built around, it is Bergeron. Moving Bergeron requires the Bruins to rebuild the team at least to a certain extent. After winning the Cup last year, it is pretty safe to say that the Bruins are contenders and are not looking to rebuild at this time. If a forward has to go to make room for Seguin at center, it won't be Bergeron.

Even if the 1st overall ends up being better than Bergeron, it is pretty hard to believe that with the way the Bruins handle young players he will get any more than 10 minutes of ice time per game. He would not replace Bergeron next year, there would be a void in both the defensive aspect of the game and the leadership department even if Yakupov put up as many points as bergeron, and that is pretty doubtful in his rookie year, he won't replace everything else Bergeron does.

No matter how you look at it, this deal makes the Bruins worse next year and requires them to fill the hole vacated by Bergeron and it isn't that easy to acquire Selke calibre forwards.

In this trade you are also asking the Bruins to lessen their chances at the Cup for at least a year, in my eyes, that should cost a heck of a lot.

If the Bruins stunk and were rebuilding there would be no problem with this trade, but that isn't the case and if you want the Bruins to trade away their best shot at winning a Cup next year it is going to cost a lot.

My point is that the only way that the Bruins would make a deal like this is for a return that the Oilers would walk away from. There is no deal to be had for Bergeron without a player coming back who can fill his shoes or be better next year.

The goal is to win the Cup, draft picks are great and all, but the Cup is a heck of a lot better. Fair enough?

Old
05-20-2012, 04:48 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
I just want to explain a couple of things about the Bruins. I know you are an Oilers fan so they are probably things that wouldn't immediately cross your mind because you are concerned about your team, not the Bruins, correct?

Bergeron is the most important forward on the team, he does it all. He is asked to play in every situation at any point in the game. If there is one forward that the team is built around, it is Bergeron. Moving Bergeron requires the Bruins to rebuild the team at least to a certain extent. After winning the Cup last year, it is pretty safe to say that the Bruins are contenders and are not looking to rebuild at this time. If a forward has to go to make room for Seguin at center, it won't be Bergeron.

Even if the 1st overall ends up being better than Bergeron, it is pretty hard to believe that with the way the Bruins handle young players he will get any more than 10 minutes of ice time per game. He would not replace Bergeron next year, there would be a void in both the defensive aspect of the game and the leadership department even if Yakupov put up as many points as bergeron, and that is pretty doubtful in his rookie year, he won't replace everything else Bergeron does.

No matter how you look at it, this deal makes the Bruins worse next year and requires them to fill the hole vacated by Bergeron and it isn't that easy to acquire Selke calibre forwards.

In this trade you are also asking the Bruins to lessen their chances at the Cup for at least a year, in my eyes, that should cost a heck of a lot.

If the Bruins stunk and were rebuilding there would be no problem with this trade, but that isn't the case and if you want the Bruins to trade away their best shot at winning a Cup next year it is going to cost a lot.

My point is that the only way that the Bruins would make a deal like this is for a return that the Oilers would walk away from. There is no deal to be had for Bergeron without a player coming back who can fill his shoes or be better next year.

The goal is to win the Cup, draft picks are great and all, but the Cup is a heck of a lot better. Fair enough?
i think we are on the same page when i stated what bergeron brings to the B's (the piece you quoted that i wrote) and also when i later stated the GM would have to weigh the ability of Krejci to advance a bit more to cover for Bergerons absence. If Bergeron wasnt as great a player... he certainly wouldnt be talked about in connection to a #1 overall pick, the best player in the world for his age at this time.. aguy who has been better than Hall.
I understand your point of view. The goal is to win the cup. I mean no disrespect when i say you missed that goal by 3 rounds with the current roster and all those 3 players i have in the trade playing part in the failure. If the cup is the goal than anything less is failure. I like the B's and I follow them. Your GM is wise and would make the right choice of weighing now and the future. What works best for both time frames would be his decision.
I though have also stated that i prefer the "devil i know" and in doing so i like this trade...and Bs fans wouldnt... and i feel its close enough your GM would listen but likely say no. But maybe 1st round exit doesnt sit well...

Promoting Rask and Seguin cost you a year of cup contention? if you ask me both are being held back...and likelythey feel the same. IF Krejci was far less talented than Bergeron than i would see boston saying hell no, but a boston fan has said there isnt much difference. So Krejci replaces Bergeron seguin takes his rightful top centre spot and Rask can stop counting down days and take the reigns without wasting another year of his prime as a backup ala schneider.
you mentioned i should put in halls name? would you prefer hall to nail? alot, outside oiler fans like mysefl, wouldnt.

Last edited by oilinblood: 05-20-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old
05-20-2012, 05:00 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
i think we are on the same page when i stated what bergeron brings to the B's (the piece you quoted that i wrote) and also when i later stated the GM would have to weigh the ability of Krejci to advance a bit more to cover for Bergerons absence. If Bergeron wasnt as great a player... he certainly wouldnt be talked about in connection to a #1 overall pick, the best player in the world for his age at this time.. aguy who has been better than Hall.
I understand your point of view. The goal is to win the cup. I mean no disrespect when i say you missed that goal by 3 rounds with the current roster and all those 3 players i have in the trade playing part in the failure. If the cup is the goal than anything less is failure. I like the B's and I follow them. Your GM is wise and would make the right choice of weighing now and the future. What works best for both time frames would be his decision.
I though have also stated that i prefer the "devil i know" and in doing so i like this trade...and Bs fans wouldnt.
The actual value of these players aren't what I question, it is more of the timing.

As far as falling 3 rounds short, heck, if they actually called goaltender interference when they should have on the game 7 overtime winner, maybe the Bruins are still playing. They showed last years that they got hotter as the playoffs went on and even if you figure that the Bruins were 1 goal short of moving on this year, what happens when they either add a healthy Nathan Horton or end up replacing him?

Things happen, if Montreal scored in OT last year the Bruins don't win the Cup. The parity in the league is crazy and one player can be the differnece in winning a Cup or being out in the first round.

The Oilers are building a terrific young team and soon will be looking to add the pieces to put them over the top. I think we are going to see a similar situation to what happened in Washington where the team was bad through half of a year and then put it all together and for the next few years they would at least flirt with the presidents trophy.

I also don't know how Yakupov is going to work out in the NHL, but I know that if it is the playoffs and I need a player to step up in a big game, that guy is Hall. I'm not saying Yakupov won't be a terrific player, but I would rather have Hall when the season is on the line.

Old
05-20-2012, 05:05 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Quote:
I though have also stated that i prefer the "devil i know" and in doing so i like this trade...and Bs fans wouldnt... and i feel its close enough your GM would listen but likely say no. But maybe 1st round exit doesnt sit well...
McQuaid never played in the Washington series. Horton was also a big missing piece for the B's.

Chara has a couple solid years left after that Boston has a gaping hole on D that few people if any in this league could ever fill. Boston's cup window is now. Looking to the future isn't something Boston should do at this current time.

Also knee jerk reactions to bad exits isn't something Chia is known for. If he was ever prone to this he would have blown up the team after Philly embarrassed them the year before they won the cup.

Old
05-20-2012, 05:18 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
McQuaid never played in the Washington series. Horton was also a big missing piece for the B's.

Chara has a couple solid years left after that Boston has a gaping hole on D that few people if any in this league could ever fill. Boston's cup window is now. Looking to the future isn't something Boston should do at this current time.

Also knee jerk reactions to bad exits isn't something Chia is known for. If he was ever prone to this he would have blown up the team after Philly embarrassed them the year before they won the cup.
MCQuaids head injury slipped my mind.

Quote:
The actual value of these players aren't what I question, it is more of the timing.

As far as falling 3 rounds short, heck, if they actually called goaltender interference when they should have on the game 7 overtime winner, maybe the Bruins are still playing. They showed last years that they got hotter as the playoffs went on and even if you figure that the Bruins were 1 goal short of moving on this year, what happens when they either add a healthy Nathan Horton or end up replacing him?

Things happen, if Montreal scored in OT last year the Bruins don't win the Cup. The parity in the league is crazy and one player can be the differnece in winning a Cup or being out in the first round.

The Oilers are building a terrific young team and soon will be looking to add the pieces to put them over the top. I think we are going to see a similar situation to what happened in Washington where the team was bad through half of a year and then put it all together and for the next few years they would at least flirt with the presidents trophy.

I also don't know how Yakupov is going to work out in the NHL, but I know that if it is the playoffs and I need a player to step up in a big game, that guy is Hall. I'm not saying Yakupov won't be a terrific player, but I would rather have Hall when the season is on the line.
I think we see eye to eye on alot of things. perhaps my english/grammar was at fault for misunderstandings but we seem to be stating parallel ideas.

Its nice to have a thread that doesnt amount to immature flaming.

good night folks, great talkign hockey with you all.

Old
05-20-2012, 05:57 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Oh my goodness.

What a horrid proposal that is.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 06:04 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
MCQuaids head injury slipped my mind.

I think we see eye to eye on alot of things. perhaps my english/grammar was at fault for misunderstandings but we seem to be stating parallel ideas.

Its nice to have a thread that doesnt amount to immature flaming.

good night folks, great talkign hockey with you all.
Good talking to you too, and I thought your grammar was at least as good as mine

Old
05-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Seguin hasn't shown the necessary abilities to be a top C, or even a good C. He has shown the abilities to be a dynamic scoring winger. The B's haven't even experimented with him at C, and I think that says something. Even Neely publicly said that he isn't sure if he'd just be better at wing as he's a better finisher than playmaker.

That said, if they decide his future is at C it would be Krejci that they move because they need Bergeron's defensive abilities as a 1b/2 C.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote