HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF Devils @ Rangers Game 3: "Game 1 Replay"

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 127 72.57%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 25 14.29%
Brad Richards 4 2.29%
Marian Gaborik 1 0.57%
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 2 1.14%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Brandon Prust 2 1.14%
Mike Rupp 1 0.57%
John Mitchell 3 1.71%
Brian Boyle 1 0.57%
Dan Girardi 72 41.14%
Marc Staal 4 2.29%
Michael Del Zotto 1 0.57%
Ryan McDonagh 82 46.86%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Anton Stralman 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 170 97.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-20-2012, 02:13 AM
park rangers
Optimist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksoup View Post
It was more than a fine...the home team can be assessed a minor penalty if fans repeatedly throw objects on the ice during play/after goals.

"63.4 Objects Thrown on the Ice In the event that objects are thrown on the ice that interfere with the progress of the game, the Referee shall blow the whistle and stop the play and the puck shall be faced-off at a face-off spot in the zone nearest to the spot where play is stopped. When objects are thrown on the ice during a stoppage in play, including after the scoring of a goal, the Referee shall have announced over the public address system that any further occurrences will result in a bench minor penalty being assessed to the home Team. Articles thrown onto the ice following a special occasion (i.e. hat trick) will not result in a bench minor penalty being assessed."
By that ruling, Ranger fans going to prudential should throw those towels on the ice. Draw a penalty for the team lol

park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:18 AM
Muckr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I really don't find Pens fans all that arrogant. I wouldn't mind them if they weren't so ignorant.

Essentially I stopped bothering with the Deb board because of how ****ing nasty most of them are. It's regrettable because they have a few awesome posters ( CJ, daveskirtun, Ronnie Bass, Classic Devil, BrodeursCups, etc. - sorry if I forgot anyone).

But overall? Just nasty. No reason for it either.
Folks if you want arrogant and ignorant...then look no further than the Boston Bruins fanbase.
The Bruins pre-2008 had very season ticket holders than Atlanta (true), and were about as popular and relevant with TV ratings and in general in that city as the Revolution.

Boston takes the cake, they have the arrogance to call themselves "the" Hockeytown even though they are total bandwagoners who will only support a team that is both a contender AND goons.

See late 1970s after Orr left when they couldn't sell out playoff games, see Joe Thornton 2002-2004 when they couldn't draw or sell out playoff games because they were "soft".

NOBODY is as arrogant like them, NOBODY. Because Boston seems to feel they have a free "pass" to follow hockey when they choose without consequences.

Muckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Muckr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
There were more Wings and Hawks fans at MSG during the reg. season than Devils fans in the playoffs.

There were more fans from Washington than fans from NJ in these playoffs. I was expecting a much bigger turnout of Debs fans at MSG. Just barely outnumbered the fans from Ottawa in the first round.
How the heck can WAS have more fans???
You mean more people traveled from DC or there are more WAS fans in the NY region than Devils?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I heard Don Lagreca on the radio say it was 80/20
Which is quite low considering the Devils had to beg to sell out game 6 of round 1.
If true I have to ask if this is a poor reflection on the NYR base; I mean 20% max? It's NJ! They draw mediocre constantly.
I bet Montreal or Toronto would bring 30% there...why are we so low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
It was "Henrik" from the Ranger fans, followed by "Sucks" from the Devil fans.
Did you go?

Muckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:30 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
Folks if you want arrogant and ignorant...then look no further than the Boston Bruins fanbase.
The Bruins pre-2008 had very season ticket holders than Atlanta (true), and were about as popular and relevant with TV ratings and in general in that city as the Revolution.

Boston takes the cake, they have the arrogance to call themselves "the" Hockeytown even though they are total bandwagoners who will only support a team that is both a contender AND goons.

See late 1970s after Orr left when they couldn't sell out playoff games, see Joe Thornton 2002-2004 when they couldn't draw or sell out playoff games because they were "soft".

NOBODY is as arrogant like them, NOBODY. Because Boston seems to feel they have a free "pass" to follow hockey when they choose without consequences.
I also remember there was a time where the Patriots weren't this loveable Boston/New England team. Couldn't sellout games, couldn't even get much local media coverage, came very close to relocating...and now most sports outlets across America can't stop blathering about them.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:40 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Which is quite low considering the Devils had to beg to sell out game 6 of round 1.
If true I have to ask if this is a poor reflection on the NYR base; I mean 20% max? It's NJ! They draw mediocre constantly.
That's ridiculous -- it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the availability of tickets. Considering there were only 3,000 tickets on the secondary market in the first place, how is it possible that more Ranger fans could have even got into the building?

05-20-2012, 03:42 AM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:

1. How the heck can WAS have more fans???
You mean more people traveled from DC or there are more WAS fans in the NY region than Devils?

2. Which is quite low considering the Devils had to beg to sell out game 6 of round 1.

3. Did you go?
1. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. NYC is probably the most diverse city in the country, especially when you look at people who relocate to the city from other major cities for their careers. Then you have the diehards that make the trip up. NJ has a pretty small fanbase and those you see are the ones that will show up to games. There are no extra diehards that make the trip up, since they are already present. Damn I did an awful job explaining this theory but hopefully someone understood what I wrote.

2. It's impossible to tell the exact numbers but I'd guess it was somewhere around 80-20 or at best, 75-25. I'd expect a stronger contingent of Rangers fans in games 4 or 6 (if necessary) when it's not a weekend game/first home game.

3. I was there and I can confirm that the Henrik! (Sucks!) chant took place. They only did it the last time we chanted Henry though. I think there were about 4-5 chants for Hank. Their organs and PA system guy tried real hard to drown out the Ranger fans after our goals or clutch save sequences by Hank

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:43 AM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
That's ridiculous -- it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the availability of tickets. Considering there were only 3,000 tickets on the secondary market in the first place, how is it possible that more Ranger fans could have even got into the building?
Those numbers might be right but the game wasn't even sold out in the primary market aka Ticketmaster

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:45 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Also, just to be clear about the Washington series, I was at all 4 games and there were very few Washington fans there to begin with. Game 7 had the most, perhaps a few hundred max. Which is less than 2% in the grand scheme of things.

NyRangers88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:48 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
Those numbers might be right but the game wasn't even sold out in the primary market aka Ticketmaster
Ticketmaster releases blocks of tickets up until game day -- tickets that are on hold for certain people such as new Devil season ticket holders. There was no way of knowing when these seats would be released. But your right, the game probably did have a few hundred tickets left on the primary market.

NyRangers88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:48 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Then again, people down here are typically polite to your face but *******s behind your back.
Sounds like TX. Staff's always been good... people however are some real ******** whenever you say anything whatsoever... at least in Dallas... been to Knicks, Jets and Giants games in Houston and never had an issue... Dallas fans specifically are tools.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:53 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksoup View Post
It was more than a fine...the home team can be assessed a minor penalty if fans repeatedly throw objects on the ice during play/after goals.

"63.4 Objects Thrown on the Ice In the event that objects are thrown on the ice that interfere with the progress of the game, the Referee shall blow the whistle and stop the play and the puck shall be faced-off at a face-off spot in the zone nearest to the spot where play is stopped. When objects are thrown on the ice during a stoppage in play, including after the scoring of a goal, the Referee shall have announced over the public address system that any further occurrences will result in a bench minor penalty being assessed to the home Team. Articles thrown onto the ice following a special occasion (i.e. hat trick) will not result in a bench minor penalty being assessed."
well... i guess i know what to do when we all invade the rock for game 4.........

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 06:33 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
so happy we won yesterday!!!! if we lost last night would have been really difficult for me, i received the results of my state of Maine land surveyor license exam and failed all 3 parts of it...I am quite shocked by it, besides that though its a nice kick to get me to push more to get a masters degree and find a new career i like...i'm probably going to try sports management

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Thunderhead

after listening to the various interviews , the devils are making the mistake of convincing themselves that they play real real good . i for one belleve they will lose game 4 .
boer was so funny trying to look mad about the head hunting prust . he never saw this before from volchenkov.

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
block and score new york rangers.

Old
05-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Thunderhead

is the rock a good place to see a hockey game ?

Old
05-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
after listening to the various interviews , the devils are making the mistake of convincing themselves that they play real real good . i for one belleve they will lose game 4 .
boer was so funny trying to look mad about the head hunting prust . he never saw this before from volchenkov.
IF the rangers play all 60 minutes of game 4 their way...just as they did in third yesterday then they will take game 4...and then carry it over to game 5 the rangers can do it!!! let's go rangers!!!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
I was at the game too, and I wasn't offered a towel. I went to grab one, and the staff worker asked me, "where do you think you are? The Garden?"

I ignored her and grabbed a towel from the stack next to her and she didn't stop me. She asked what I was going to do with it, and I told her I was going to wipe my ass with it after we win the game and I take my celebratory dump.
did you really say that to her ?

Old
05-20-2012, 07:43 AM
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Same at RBC (or whatever it's called now) in Raleigh, Phillips Arena in Atlanta and Scottrade in St Louis. The most harassed I've ever been in any of those places is Stormy (Hurricanes mascot) coming and sitting next to me and just staring at me for like a minute. That was one helluva long minute. Then again, people down here are typically polite to your face but *******s behind your back.
I've had some issues with the RBC (PNC Arena), but that's more because I think their metal detectors and procedures are overkill, and that's even when I was living in the area and wore Canes stuff to games not involving the Rangers. But, they don't harrass out of town fans specficially, they harrass everyone equally, especially at NC State basketball games.

Philips was a great place to go to a game. EVERYONE was nice, always thanked me and my family for coming to a game. I still have the "Unleash the Fury" towel they gave out before Game #2 in 2007. Living in Charlotte, we preferred to travel the extra hour to go to Atlanta to see the Rangers than go up to Raleigh just because Philips was just so much more pleasant of an experience.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
is the rock a good place to see a hockey game ?
Nope. Staff is rude and the food is undercooked. Unless you're in the ice level sections the seats suck and it feels like you're gonna fall out of it and fall to your death. There is no legroom either.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
IF the rangers play all 60 minutes of game 4 their way...just as they did in third yesterday then they will take game 4...and then carry it over to game 5 the rangers can do it!!! let's go rangers!!!
i did not follow them for the whole regular season but they sure have a strange way of starting and finishing games. no wonder the rangers can drive an opponent mad . devils get too much credit for being inept at scoring. what do they have so far , 1 goal per game ? not a dominant team at all despite how they appear to the naked eye .

Old
05-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Nope. Staff is rude and the food is undercooked. Unless you're in the ice level sections the seats suck and it feels like you're gonna fall out of it and fall to your death. There is no legroom either.
how about the garden ? only saw it from the outside a few times.

Old
05-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Dangleberry

Good win, Henrik came up with some huge saves otherwise we probably would have gone into overtime. I was expecting a decent number of Ranger fans, but it seemed like half the place was covered in blue! Especially on the side I was sitting. Wasn't offered a towel on my win, but I honestly wouldn't have taken one either way. Helped break up a fight on my way out after the game, can't blame Devs fans for being pissed though. We showed up to their barn in droves and whooped their *****.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:55 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Can the Rangers finally take a 2 game lead in a series? Someone needs to pound that into the heads today when they review the game tape and have their meeting at the Garden today. They have an optional today.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
how about the garden ? only saw it from the outside a few times.
Staff is ok but they're slow. I feel like there is a lack of employees. The food selection is excellent, lobster, gourmet foods, knish, pastrami or corned beef sandwiches. Italian sausages, and sushi. There is some more. It is a little more moolah though. The seats have more room, and you wont feel like you're gonna fall down to thhe ice when you stand up in the 400s. The 300s are the section with the least room. Team stores on most levels as well. Not shacks set up how they ar e at the prudential center. Another con is the halls could get congested a lot following a period, but you cn usually beat the crowd

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote