HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF Devils @ Rangers Game 3: "Game 1 Replay"

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 127 72.57%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 25 14.29%
Brad Richards 4 2.29%
Marian Gaborik 1 0.57%
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 2 1.14%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Brandon Prust 2 1.14%
Mike Rupp 1 0.57%
John Mitchell 3 1.71%
Brian Boyle 1 0.57%
Dan Girardi 72 41.14%
Marc Staal 4 2.29%
Michael Del Zotto 1 0.57%
Ryan McDonagh 82 46.86%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Anton Stralman 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 170 97.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 500
Getting a 2-game lead now would be awesome. It gives us the chance to win it in 5. But we will lose, as we have been doing in Game 4, and take it to Game 7 again

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
NHL told them that they'd be fined if they kept delaying games with all those tiny rats. The Panthers responded by blaming "Devils fans."
how does a panther become a rat ?

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:00 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I have a feeling that we win Game 4, lose Game 5, everyone panics, and then we win Game 6.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:01 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
Quote:
The rat trick was a celebration popularized by fans of the Florida Panthers of the National Hockey League (NHL) during their 199596 season and trip to the 1996 Stanley Cup Finals. The term, a play on hat trick, was coined by Panthers goaltender John Vanbiesbrouck after teammate Scott Mellanby killed a rat in the locker room prior to the team's home opener with his stick, then scored two goals with the same stick. Fans immediately picked up on the idea and began throwing plastic rats on the ice to celebrate goals. By the time the Panthers reached the 1996 playoffs, thousands of rats hit the ice after every Panthers goal, resulting in an off-season rule change by the NHL that allowed for referees to penalize the home team if fans disrupt the game by throwing objects onto the ice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_trick

Old
05-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Staff is ok but they're slow. I feel like there is a lack of employees. The food selection is excellent, lobster, gourmet foods, knish, pastrami or corned beef sandwiches. Italian sausages, and sushi. There is some more. It is a little more moolah though. The seats have more room, and you wont feel like you're gonna fall down to thhe ice when you stand up in the 400s. The 300s are the section with the least room. Team stores on most levels as well. Not shacks set up how they ar e at the prudential center. Another con is the halls could get congested a lot following a period, but you cn usually beat the crowd
i have to see the inside of the garden before i kick the bucket. thank you for the info.

Old
05-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
i did not follow them for the whole regular season but they sure have a strange way of starting and finishing games. no wonder the rangers can drive an opponent mad . devils get too much credit for being inept at scoring. what do they have so far , 1 goal per game ? not a dominant team at all despite how they appear to the naked eye .
the majority of the of the games this season they played hard physical normally the period 1 and 3, sometimes 2, but period 2 always seem to be a bit of a lull...and the playoffs they play their best when they are tied/back against the wall, but all they need to do is string together 2 GREAT hard fought physical games and they can win this series.... at the same time the rangers have played a real rope a dope style most of this season, which cause teams such frustration, but you didnt see ottawa and caps, they had more paitience and trust in their system, i think the rangers are thoroughly frustrating the coaching staff and team of the devils with their play...also notice that if the gabby shot in game 2 goes in or the two devils deflections are tied up the rangers win it and are up 3-0 in the series....but being up 2-1 is still a very good thing...now go up 3-1 rangers!!!! in game 4!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
amazing.

Old
05-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
i have to see the inside of the garden before i kick the bucket. thank you for the info.
They're renovating it too. They're gonna be done with renovations after 2013 I think. The first floor is complete.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:09 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
the majority of the of the games this season they played hard physical normally the period 1 and 3, sometimes 2, but period 2 always seem to be a bit of a lull...and the playoffs they play their best when they are tied/back against the wall, but all they need to do is string together 2 GREAT hard fought physical games and they can win this series.... at the same time the rangers have played a real rope a dope style most of this season, which cause teams such frustration, but you didnt see ottawa and caps, they had more paitience and trust in their system, i think the rangers are thoroughly frustrating the coaching staff and team of the devils with their play...also notice that if the gabby shot in game 2 goes in or the two devils deflections are tied up the rangers win it and are up 3-0 in the series....but being up 2-1 is still a very good thing...now go up 3-1 rangers!!!! in game 4!
yes bordeur made some great saves . this guy doesn't look 40 , when he plays hockey. too bad he is not more affable after a lost .

Old
05-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
They're renovating it too. They're gonna be done with renovations after 2013 I think. The first floor is complete.
since my wife loves to visit nyc during the winter holy days , maybe we will go to a game .

Old
05-20-2012, 07:24 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Devil fans saying that Hank gets lucky off his saves. >:| saying they own the rangers. Like...really....its astronomically dumb saying that twice lundqvist sucksand is lucky because he shut them out.twice

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
since my wife loves to visit nyc during the winter holy days , maybe we will go to a game .
there ya go

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Yawk Ranguhs View Post
By that ruling, Ranger fans going to prudential should throw those towels on the ice. Draw a penalty for the team lol
I'm actually surprised this never happened since that rule was made.

If someone can organize a group of like 10+ people to do this I would totally be a part of it. Every time the devils have a scoring opportunity someone throws something on the ice, gets ejected. Then the next person in line does it again the next time.

I could just imagine if this actually happened in game 4, they might actually go as far as refusing admittance to ranger fans in game 6

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
How the heck can WAS have more fans???
You mean more people traveled from DC or there are more WAS fans in the NY region than Devils?

Which is quite low considering the Devils had to beg to sell out game 6 of round 1.
If true I have to ask if this is a poor reflection on the NYR base; I mean 20% max? It's NJ! They draw mediocre constantly.
I bet Montreal or Toronto would bring 30% there...why are we so low?

Did you go?
i didnt go...since i live in Atlanta...but id guess our numbers were "low" because they advanced first....our fans didnt know if we were going to make it or not...gives them WAY more time to sell their tickets before our fans can get em.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Levitate

All the complaining about blocking shots, I'd love to see a team pull their goalie against the Rangers and then have a guy wind up for a slapshot that's blocked all the way down the ice and into the net

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:11 AM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Extreme heat. I've tried it once, it works.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:23 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Oohhh boy...Devils fans can't be happy with THESE 2 headlines this morning....

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:30 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
it feels like you're gonna fall out of it and fall to your death.
Yes!! I was thinking exactly this the last time I went -- The upper deck is way too high and steep. The first time I stepped through the tunnel I felt dizzy

05-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
there ya go
it will hurt my wallet tho. hope she stays away from saks.

Old
05-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Devil fans saying that Hank gets lucky off his saves. >:| saying they own the rangers. Like...really....its astronomically dumb saying that twice lundqvist sucksand is lucky because he shut them out.twice
um and Brodeurs saves aren't lucky? the "scorpion"?? yeah, more like "flail around and pray you stop the puck"

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:17 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:

Let em continue to talk. They've revealed their blind and biased nature many times over the course of this whole season. And they like to think they're so knowledgeable about hockey over there, but I'll tell you this much, they're the only fanbase in the NHL that doesn't think Lundqvist is as good as he is. Everyone else pretty much knows he's the best goalie in the world but them. **** em.

Last edited by NyRangers88: 05-20-2012 at 09:57 AM.
TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
um and Brodeurs saves aren't lucky? the "scorpion"?? yeah, more like "flail around and pray you stop the puck"
I don't get what is so special about that save. Yeah...it looked cool, but if Fatso just stays square to Gabby, he doesn't need to kick his leg like that. Makes saves look way more complicated than they have to be.

Old
05-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post

Let em continue to talk. They've revealed their blind and biased nature many times over the course of this whole season. And they like to think they're so knowledgeable about hockey over there, but I'll tell you this much, they're the only fanbase in the NHL that doesn't think Lundqvist is as good as he is. Everyone else pretty much knows he's the best goalie in the world but them. **** em.
The only tolerable posters are Tundra, MJB, and CJ. Everyone else spews blind hatred for Hank on a regular basis, whether the Rangers are playing, or not.

Last edited by NyRangers88: 05-20-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old
05-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I don't get what is so special about that save. Yeah...it looked cool, but if Fatso just stays square to Gabby, he doesn't need to kick his leg like that. Makes saves look way more complicated than they have to be.
i don't get it either man, i feel like Marty ****ed up the initial save and threw his legs up hoping to catch a break, which he did.

also, the two "post to post" saves he made were nothing compared to Hanks saves because if Staal or Callahan shoot the puck quick, they're goals. But they each tried to settle it down giving Bro-derr enough time to get over. Any goalie could have made those saves. Now Hanks save off Kovy was something amazing.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:56 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Folks,

As bad as some posters are, please refrain from calling specific people out. It will only cause more problems.

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote