HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Rangers/Devils 94 playoffs

Old
05-07-2012, 06:34 PM
fscuttle

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to fscuttle
Rangers/Devils 94 playoffs

Graves finds Claude Lemieux and gives him a well deserved beating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyISU...eature=related

fscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:11 PM
JRB86

Gah I gontta save this for later, I can't watch youtube videos where I am, but man I can get into some videos of Claude getting a beating.

JRB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Beetlebum*

not from 94

Beetlebum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:40 PM
fscuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
not from 94
Right it was the first round in 92.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Never saw Graves beat down Claude like that. Awesome

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:12 PM
seeweed

i remember watching this. it was awesome!

the good old days...

seeweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:57 PM
lost35*

definitely 91-92, can tell because of the 75h anniversary patch and I kind of remember it

also interesting if you look at the video you can see Martin Brodeur in his rookie season at a few points, he was wearing #29

lost35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Stevens runs over, takes a sucker punch at Beukeboom and then runs away. Gee what a great shock!

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
That whole sequence was pretty awesome, frowned upon- sure, but entertaining. I would love Graves on the current Rangers right about now .

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:49 PM
fscuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekz View Post
That whole sequence was pretty awesome, frowned upon- sure, but entertaining. I would love Graves on the current Rangers right about now .
Hell yea!

Old
05-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

the announcers are a couple of jokes..

Hobnobs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:11 PM
NatsCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Stevens runs over, takes a sucker punch at Beukeboom and then runs away. Gee what a great shock!
Sorry, I have to call you out on this. Look at the beginning of the video. Stevens is trying to fight Joe Kocur and is tied up with him and Beukeboom suckers him. Stevens was just coming back at him for what he did. They fought later in their careers. Nothing against Beuke, but he can't hold a candle to Stevens as a fighter. Go look up their fight cards, and take a good look at their videos.

Stevens was a top fighter in the league with the Caps, and a legit Hall of Famer who fought some of the best fighters this game has ever seen. If he had been a Flyer, Ranger, or Bruin, he'd be one of the most popular players in NHL history. Fight fans should glorify this guy and pray for more like him.

NatsCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatsCaps View Post
Sorry, I have to call you out on this. Look at the beginning of the video. Stevens is trying to fight Joe Kocur and is tied up with him and Beukeboom suckers him. Stevens was just coming back at him for what he did. They fought later in their careers. Nothing against Beuke, but he can't hold a candle to Stevens as a fighter. Go look up their fight cards, and take a good look at their videos.

Stevens was a top fighter in the league with the Caps, and a legit Hall of Famer who fought some of the best fighters this game has ever seen. If he had been a Flyer, Ranger, or Bruin, he'd be one of the most popular players in NHL history. Fight fans should glorify this guy and pray for more like him.

Call me out all you want. Stevens was a decent fighter with the Caps but that was it. He has a history of hitting guys and running away. Beukeboom could have certainly beaten him and Kocur would have destroyed him. I don't have to look up any videos or fight cards. I go back to before they started playing.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Call me out all you want. Stevens was a decent fighter with the Caps but that was it. He has a history of hitting guys and running away. Beukeboom could have certainly beaten him and Kocur would have destroyed him. I don't have to look up any videos or fight cards. I go back to before they started playing.
Not Beukeboom. A lucky punch, maybe, but if they were to fight 10 times, Stevens would probably win 10/10. I don't like Stevens and think what he did was pretty cowardly, but he's one tough dude.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:04 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatsCaps View Post

Agreed.

Beukeboom, while a good fighter, was not in the same class as Stevens who was one of the most feared players earlier in his career while with Washington.

I hate the guy, but as a fighter, Stevens could have been up there as a top 5 guy throughout his career if that's what he chose to do.

As his talents developed he made the smart decision to ease out of the fighting part of his game as it made no sense to remove hmiself from the ice for 5 minutes.

As with anything, the less you do something, your skills in that area start to decline so when in NJ, while still capable, Stevens was no longer in Kocur's class, but still better than Beuk.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:31 PM
sawchuk1971

i think this was the last known NHL bench brawl.....

sawchuk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Adam Larsson

vCash: 892
Quote:
Stevens wasn't a decent fighter he was a damn good fighter, who stoped fighting as much cause he was the best defensive defenman in the league for over 10+ years. He could even fight guys like Brashear and easily hold his own when he was pushin 40. Stevens would have kicked Beukeboom's ass had they fought. And did you not see Stevens fighting Tie ****ing Domi there on the bench? But i guess i should expect anything different froma Ranger fan. Hitting guys and running away? Maybe you should watch the 95 SCF hit on Kozlov and the aftermath and you'll see how much of a coward he was. Unbelievable. I wish Stevens and Messier would have squared up before they retired. Such a shame that never happened.

Last edited by Adam Larsson: 06-25-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Adam Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:07 AM
Parise9Crosby87

i agree that messier and stevens should have fought

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 05:11 AM
Devilswede

Quote:
LOL yeah right, Stevens always fought whoever wanted a piece of him. Beukeboom was no match for him. The reason why he punched Beukeboom in the video was because Beukeboom suckered him in the previous scrum when Stevens was tangled up with someone else.

Stevens had guys like Beukeboom for breakfast. Kocur was a tough costumer, but Stevens could've taken him too. Stevens was a tough and mean SOB, probably the toughest in the history of the game. He was a great fighter, along with being a great player.

Devilswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Crazed Beaver

vCash: 844
Kocur and probert both came up through adirondack and it was impressive. For me Kocur gets slight edge as a fighter but stevens was was great in his own right but an all pro to boot. Awesome player who i hated as a ranger fan but for my money the perfect player. The announcer is a puss in that vid above, you'd think these guys were mugging old ladies. God bless that ******* claude lem. we need more of those guys.

Crazed Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote