HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF Devils @ Rangers Game 3: "Game 1 Replay"

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 127 72.57%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 25 14.29%
Brad Richards 4 2.29%
Marian Gaborik 1 0.57%
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 2 1.14%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Brandon Prust 2 1.14%
Mike Rupp 1 0.57%
John Mitchell 3 1.71%
Brian Boyle 1 0.57%
Dan Girardi 72 41.14%
Marc Staal 4 2.29%
Michael Del Zotto 1 0.57%
Ryan McDonagh 82 46.86%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Anton Stralman 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 170 97.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-20-2012, 11:04 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
Folks if you want arrogant and ignorant...then look no further than the Boston Bruins fanbase.
The Bruins pre-2008 had very season ticket holders than Atlanta (true), and were about as popular and relevant with TV ratings and in general in that city as the Revolution.

Boston takes the cake, they have the arrogance to call themselves "the" Hockeytown even though they are total bandwagoners who will only support a team that is both a contender AND goons.

See late 1970s after Orr left when they couldn't sell out playoff games, see Joe Thornton 2002-2004 when they couldn't draw or sell out playoff games because they were "soft".

NOBODY is as arrogant like them, NOBODY. Because Boston seems to feel they have a free "pass" to follow hockey when they choose without consequences.
Totally different situations, the Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs who also owns Delaware North a stadium concession company, was always more interested in making money than winning championships. One of the hardest of hard line owners. As a NY'er living in New England for 20+ years, Jacobs along with former GM Harry Sinden ran the organization on a low budget despite being a big market team with a loyal fanbase. Fans complained for years that they refused to spend for that one player to put them over the top...in 1993 they took their best player Ray Bourque to arbitration, souring the majority of the fanbase to the team.
The Boston Globe hockey writer turned the phrase "The Vault" for the new Boston Garden...when your owner is more interested in making money than winning a fans only alternative is to vote with their wallet. Same as Islander fans, why should they support Wang when he isn't willing to invest in his own team?

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:05 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I also remember there was a time where the Patriots weren't this loveable Boston/New England team. Couldn't sellout games, couldn't even get much local media coverage, came very close to relocating...and now most sports outlets across America can't stop blathering about them.
You do realize during the time you speak of they SUCKED X2? Their stadium sucked, it had metal bleachers no seats.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

To be fair, the Bruins having attendance issues is not a reflection of how big of a hockey town that is sometimes. Between Boston College, Boston University and Harvard there are more options to go see successful hockey there than there are in NYC. If the Bruins are bad, chances are the Terriers or Eagles are good and a better ticket.

As for the series, I'd like to see a 2 game lead for once... we've actually gotten 2 goal leads in this series, so it's time to continue breaking trends.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Skrimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Yes!! I was thinking exactly this the last time I went -- The upper deck is way too high and steep. The first time I stepped through the tunnel I felt dizzy
That's the way the old igloo used to be.

Skrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:30 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
The only tolerable posters are Tundra, MJB, and CJ. Everyone else spews blind hatred for Hank on a regular basis, whether the Rangers are playing, or not.
Lol...thank goodness you find CJ tolerable...being that I'm married to her.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Lol...thank goodness you find CJ tolerable...being that I'm married to her.
I know. But there are some Devils posters who just like to crap on Hank nonstop.

He stops a breakaway? 6 goalie system, brah.
He stops a 2-1.? 6 goalie system brah.
Post to post toe save? 6 goalie system, brah.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Skrimpy

Why can't anyone admit there is something this d-squad is doing that's right? How come its, Lundqvist stole it, the post won it or the rangers got lucky? Did anyone ever think that the combined play from backchecking forwards and defensemen force those plays? Without that pressure that puck is in a slightly better position to shoot and ends up an inch closer and goes in. Arrogance, stupidity or loyalty to ones favorite team, I think its simply fans of other teams never want to admit when another team played better.

Last edited by Skrimpy: 05-20-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old
05-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Kershaw

I think people are saying we got dominated since we looked embarrassingly bad in the 1st period. We went 9+ minutes without a shot on net and the players were making terrible passing plays. You can spin it off as the Rangers not playing to standards, but the team played a bit more timid than usual in the 1st period yesterday, probably caused by the aggressive Devils forecheck.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I know. But there are some Devils posters who just like to crap on Hank nonstop.

He stops a breakaway? 6 goalie system, brah.
He stops a 2-1.? 6 goalie system brah.
Post to post toe save? 6 goalie system, brah.
They do that because we've done it to fatty for years.

And the truth is that for all of Bordeur's stats and records and even cups, he's choked more in the playoffs than any big name goalie I've seen. And not just bad goals. Horrific goals. Highlight reel once in a career bad goals.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
is the rock a good place to see a hockey game ?
In the one and only time I've been there I found myself to really enjoy the rink. It's very nice.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:03 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

This has been mentioned here.

KatieStrangESPN profile

KatieStrangESPN #NYR #NJD Torts also asserts Devils staying down after hits to sell calls, using illegal picks to free up Kovy on PP 31 seconds ago reply retweet favorite

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
i don't get it either man, i feel like Marty ****ed up the initial save and threw his legs up hoping to catch a break, which he did.

also, the two "post to post" saves he made were nothing compared to Hanks saves because if Staal or Callahan shoot the puck quick, they're goals. But they each tried to settle it down giving Bro-derr enough time to get over. Any goalie could have made those saves. Now Hanks save off Kovy was something amazing.
im sorry but thats just ridiculous.

I hate Brodeur more than anyone on this board...probably more than everyone combined...but those 2 saves were special. the "scorpion" was incredibly lucky, but those 2 saves he made were nothing short of spectacular. Henrik has been UNQUESTIONABLY outplaying Uncle Daddy by a huge margin in this series, but you gotta be at least a little fair....give the man his due...he made 2 incredible saves.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Skrimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I think people are saying we got dominated since we looked embarrassingly bad in the 1st period. We went 9+ minutes without a shot on net and the players were making terrible passing plays. You can spin it off as the Rangers not playing to standards, but the team played a bit more timid than usual in the 1st period yesterday, probably caused by the aggressive Devils forecheck.
Yeah they did pass poorly and didnt get many shots in but thats just it. They defended superbly. That puck off the post isnt a fluke. The d is forcing the play a little outside. The d does block shots. The goalie does make good saves but how many plays did the Devils bail on or got broken up because of the defensive play. The Rangers have won all season long and won two seven game series against two severely under rated clubs. The Devils almost lost to a club that probably had no business getting further than the first round. There is a reason they are whete they are. The credit doesn't go to luck and a goalie with five additional net minders. Credit the team. As long as the attitude is that the Rangers luck will run out soon, it's not going to end well for them. Give other club the credit and respect they deserve.

Last edited by Skrimpy: 05-20-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old
05-20-2012, 12:25 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
um and Brodeurs saves aren't lucky? the "scorpion"?? yeah, more like "flail around and pray you stop the puck"
Best part is that Marty makes dumb comments like, "their best friend was the post." While that might have been true, in the same effing game his ass got bailed out by the post twice too. So um... WTF?

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Krams
what a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
This has been mentioned here.

KatieStrangESPN profile

KatieStrangESPN #NYR #NJD Torts also asserts Devils staying down after hits to sell calls, using illegal picks to free up Kovy on PP 31 seconds ago reply retweet favorite
Torts is right on about the illegal picks. I see this at least 6-7 times every game. It's pretty clear to me that the Devils use a modernized version of the trap. They aren't passive by any stretch of the imagination, they forecheck aggressively, but the interference part of it is still alive and well. Refs don't call it the majority of the time, either.

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:49 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Torts is right on about the illegal picks. I see this at least 6-7 times every game. It's pretty clear to me that the Devils use a modernized version of the trap. They aren't passive by any stretch of the imagination, they forecheck aggressively, but the interference part of it is still alive and well. Refs don't call it the majority of the time, either.
NBC had a shot of Callahan screaming at a ref after Zajac picked him off when he was trying to get out to Kovalchuk on one of the Devil PP in the 3rd period.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

I hate Brodeur more than anyone on this board...probably more than everyone combined...but those 2 saves were special. the "scorpion" was incredibly lucky, but those 2 saves he made were nothing short of spectacular. Henrik has been UNQUESTIONABLY outplaying Uncle Daddy by a huge margin in this series, but you gotta be at least a little fair....give the man his due...he made 2 incredible saves.
I disslike him a lot. I'll admit my opinions may be biased but if Cally or Staal would have shot quicker they would have been goals. Great saves? Maybe. I mean he had enough time to think about them. I personally didn't think so but my hate for him and that team is only fueled by the happening of this series so call it what you will. I haven't been impressed with him.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
Best part is that Marty makes dumb comments like, "their best friend was the post." While that might have been true, in the same effing game his ass got bailed out by the post twice too. So um... WTF?
Yeah that Richards post was excruciatingly close to seeing the back of the net. He just likes to whine i guess. Grumpy old man.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:59 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

For a 40-year-old. He was out of position on the Staal shot and threw himself across the crease. Great save? Yes. However, watch Henke on his save against Kovalchuk in the same game. No wasted motion. He got into position and made a superb save, but, because he didn't have to flop his ass across the crease, so it doesn't look nearly as spectacular.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
For a 40-year-old. He was out of position on the Staal shot and threw himself across the crease. Great save? Yes. However, watch Henke on his save against Kovalchuk in the same game. No wasted motion. He got into position and made a superb save, but, because he didn't have to flop his ass across the crease, so it doesn't look nearly as spectacular.
not disagreeing with you there. i just think, those 2 saves were fantastic. totally out of position and able to recover. those go in, and Brodeur is 100% to blame.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:04 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Jacob Josefson told reporters he will play Game 4, Petr Sykora on ice for lengthy post-practice skate.

05-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Levitate

You know, I wish Boyle was a little bit better offensively, or had one really great offensive skill. He's not THAT much smaller than someone like Chara and skates really freakin well for being so big. If he had a great shot or something he'd be unstoppable

I'm just often amazed at how well he skates for being so big, I just wish he had one more attribute that would make him consistently dangerous

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
Folks if you want arrogant and ignorant...then look no further than the Boston Bruins fanbase.
The Bruins pre-2008 had very season ticket holders than Atlanta (true), and were about as popular and relevant with TV ratings and in general in that city as the Revolution.

Boston takes the cake, they have the arrogance to call themselves "the" Hockeytown even though they are total bandwagoners who will only support a team that is both a contender AND goons.

See late 1970s after Orr left when they couldn't sell out playoff games, see Joe Thornton 2002-2004 when they couldn't draw or sell out playoff games because they were "soft".

NOBODY is as arrogant like them, NOBODY. Because Boston seems to feel they have a free "pass" to follow hockey when they choose without consequences.
I have to say a poster named Doakes calling someone arrogant is freaking hilarious.

(I am just talking strictly about the name I don't know anything about you the poster.)

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:51 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Devs' lines: Parise-Zajac-Zubrus; Kovalchuk-Henrique-Elias; Ponikarovsky-Josefson-Clarkson; Carter-Gionta-Bernier; Boulton-Sykora-Janssen.
https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/...48067912908801

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Cmox

Deboer is such a whiny dude. I'm happy Torts said something.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote