HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2012, 09:50 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Well get in line pal I've been looking forever lol, they have all dried up.
They don't sell them here anymore?

http://www.rememberthespectrum.com/s...ore/order.aspx

Old
04-26-2012, 09:51 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
I'm 99% sure that's a different patch, but I'd need to see it to be sure. Thanks for the heads up, regardless.

Old
04-26-2012, 11:31 PM
FlyersRSC09
Flying Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
So I know this isn't necessarily jersey talk, but does anyone know where I can order black jersey shirts? My girlfriend wants a new black jersey shirt she can wear around work up in New Hampshire. Her Hatcher one is very faded. All I can find are orange and green ones for sale online.

Here five best choices are: Hartnell, Bryzgalov, Giroux, Jagr, and Simmonds in that order. Any and all help is much appreciated.
I had been looking for them for a while as well. Modells in this area just recently started carrying them again in all of the players listed above. They haven't made it to their website yet but that seems to be under renovation so maybe it's only a matter of time. In the meantime this website has some http://www.stadiumstyle.com limited sizes and players though.

Old
04-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Thank you. I may just have to have a family member pick one up at Franklin Mills then.

Old
04-27-2012, 11:24 AM
EvilAsh
Lockouts Rule!

Got a Giroux jersey from shop.nhl.com and it didn't come with an A sewn on. Anybody have a link to order one?

Old
04-27-2012, 11:35 AM
UKFlyers

Has anyone from Europe bought from shop.nhl.com? Just I like the "replica" style t-shirts for the summer over here, but obviously if it was poor quality/huge shipping costs I wouldn't bother

Old
04-27-2012, 03:52 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I'm 99% sure that's a different patch, but I'd need to see it to be sure. Thanks for the heads up, regardless.
Even if it's a different patch, good luck getting whomever monitors that site to respond to you. I tried filling out their contact form 3 or 4 times way back when.

Old
04-30-2012, 09:17 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Got my new Jagr away hersey in to replace the one I got autographed.

I ordered it from Cool Hockey and originally got it in last month. The sleeve #'s were too low, though... At 14". It should be 15.5" from the end of the sleeve. My other Flyers jerseys are that way.

They let me send it back and they made me a new one. Took some time, but now its right.

They do a much better job at sewing than the one Philly Express jersey I have.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:46 PM
s3x

Kreider's debut jersey/first goal jersey went for $10.2 large. He's a Hall of Famer... haven't you heard?

Old
05-01-2012, 03:47 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
Kreider's debut jersey/first goal jersey went for $10.2 large. He's a future Hall of Famer... haven't you heard?
Meanwhile Couturier scores a hat trick and gets no recognition. Guess it's better to be an above average player than a great player.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:01 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
Meanwhile Couturier scores a hat trick and gets no recognition. Guess it's better to be an above average player than a great player.
Well, definitely consider the market and spotlight. Kid wins a National Championship last month for BC and steps into his first NHL game in the postseason for the New York Rangers... most expensive sports market in the world. You should have seen the prices Jeremy Lin gear was going for... $25k was no big deal. Anyway, hysteria is bred in Manhattan. The locals already talk about him as if he will be the greatest American hockey player.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:07 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I saw a framed autographed Giroux knockoff WC classic jersey (the Tiger looking one) for sale in a sports memorabilia store. This raises many questions about the store. Like are the other jerseys knockoffs and did Giroux really sign it? I find it suspicious that a sports memorabilia shop that presumably gets its merchandise from a wholesaler would have this in the shop. I assume that wholesalers buy their merchandise from companies that players sign for or from the team directly, so it is also suspicious because I doubt the Flyers would allow Giroux to sign knock off jerseys for a wholesaler to sell. So unless this guy bought the knock off and had Giroux personally sign it, I don't think I will ever buy anything from there again.

EDIT: I don't know if I was very clear with my suspicions but you get the drift. Memorabilia shops probably don't sell personally signed items, so I doubt a wholesaler or the team is selling knock-off jerseys.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:10 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
Well, definitely consider the market and spotlight. Kid wins a National Championship last month for BC and steps into his first NHL game in the postseason for the New York Rangers... most expensive sports market in the world. You should have seen the prices Jeremy Lin gear was going for... $25k was no big deal. Anyway, hysteria is bred in Manhattan. The locals already talk about him as if he will be the greatest American hockey player.
QFT. My buddy has been sending me texts about "the future of American hockey" like it is his job. Whenever he does I always say, "You mean JVR?"

Old
05-03-2012, 07:46 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I saw a framed autographed Giroux knockoff WC classic jersey (the Tiger looking one) for sale in a sports memorabilia store. This raises many questions about the store. Like are the other jerseys knockoffs and did Giroux really sign it? I find it suspicious that a sports memorabilia shop that presumably gets its merchandise from a wholesaler would have this in the shop. I assume that wholesalers buy their merchandise from companies that players sign for or from the team directly, so it is also suspicious because I doubt the Flyers would allow Giroux to sign knock off jerseys for a wholesaler to sell. So unless this guy bought the knock off and had Giroux personally sign it, I don't think I will ever buy anything from there again.

EDIT: I don't know if I was very clear with my suspicions but you get the drift. Memorabilia shops probably don't sell personally signed items, so I doubt a wholesaler or the team is selling knock-off jerseys.
There is a chance that the owner of the shop had it personally signed, but the fact that the jersey is a fake is embarrassing, and generally when you hear wholesaler, it means fake jersey. As far as I know, if you are a legitimate retail outlet, the only wholesaler you deal with is Reebok or Reebok's distribution chain. There really isn't much room for other wholesalers to step in...you either get them from Reebok, or you don't.

Old
05-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Hollywood Couturier

The other day I noticed that this picture was added to Photofile:

So I bought one and this is what I got in the mail today:

Of course where the mark on the jersey is cropped out haha.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
05-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Mosetter27

you just cant win haa

Old
05-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Flyers845

Bjd any of the winter classic shells up there still at sz?

I got one today, there's about 4 left $100

Last edited by Flyers845: 05-05-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old
05-09-2012, 05:43 AM
EvilAsh
Lockouts Rule!

If someone knows of any jersey sales now since the season is over can you please post it. Thanks!

Old
05-10-2012, 01:31 AM
flountown

Just got back from the Phillies tonight and used the trip to the city to pick up two jerseys from Pro League Authentics, I have been wanting to make for quite a while, one is not hockey related but such a dream project of mine that I had to share...

First up, a team issued Flyers' Edge 1.0 away jersey customized as Claude Giroux's rookie debut:

And second and one I am way more pumped about, as it is likely a one of a kind, properly authentic, reproduction of the jersey Roy Halladay wore as he pitched a perfect game. Jersey itself was bought as a blank 2010 team issue with authentic Robin Roberts '36' patch which is the true defining feature that makes the jersey really unique:

Old
05-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Very nice. Even being at Halladay's Perfect Game I still often find myself saying I would have traded it for a Flyers win.

Old
05-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Considering buying this jersey off of Meigray. I grew up an Avalanche fan. To my surprise on Draft Day last year in Round #7 the Avs drafted Dillon Donnelly. My last name is Donnelly and my first name starts with a D.

Here is a picture of the draft board:

Old
05-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Flyers845

I'm gonna send my vector home authentic to rubertis to get the big retro font. Would it be a jersey foul to get Clarke on it?

Old
05-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Mosetter27

Yes!!

Old
05-21-2012, 02:19 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
I'm gonna send my vector home authentic to rubertis to get the big retro font. Would it be a jersey foul to get Clarke on it?
You can't do that man.

Old
05-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Flyers845

Ok just checking. I tried emailing them through their site it wasn't working. Maybe I should get a richie made up

Closed Thread