HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Which goalies are the biggest showboaters?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2012, 01:24 PM
  #51
Mousepad*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal/Mérida
Country: Mexico
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Sorry but nothing beats this:



Mousepad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:26 PM
  #52
Aeroforce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 217
vCash: 500
I''ll twelfth or thirteenth or whatever the count is for Holtby.

However, I will cut him some slack since he may have been doing it because he knew how much the embellishments excited Pierre Maguire.

Aeroforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:32 PM
  #53
End of Line
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 20,437
vCash: 500
Lundqvist, every save is save of the year for him.

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:36 PM
  #54
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,403
vCash: 500
Lundqvist does the stupid Mr. Hankey glove saves a lot.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 02:53 PM
  #55
Skrudland2Lomakin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I think you might find the list shorter if you look for goalies who dont add a little extra mustard to their glove saves.
True.

If you're a goalie, odds are you're a head case, if you're a really good goalie, odds are you're a supreme head case. I like it. I'm tired of a flavorless game.

I don't understand why it's okay for plays to celebrate a goal but goalies are supposed to be stoic all game.

Skrudland2Lomakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:05 PM
  #56
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
MAF and Hiller.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:26 PM
  #57
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,793
vCash: 50
Maf 100%

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:36 PM
  #58
startainfection*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 7,578
vCash: 500
every single goalie exaggerates their glove saves

startainfection* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:37 PM
  #59
Moosie
Registered User
 
Moosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,134
vCash: 500
Richard Brodeur

Moosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:40 PM
  #60
EchoesoftheEighties
#Oilers2015
 
EchoesoftheEighties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 22,004
vCash: 500



I loved his celebrations and showboating during the WJC

EchoesoftheEighties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:51 PM
  #61
Dustin Peener
01189998819991197253
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: I'm in THE BAR
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 52,275
vCash: 1102
Most of you have obviously never played goalie or even hockey in your lives, if you think NHL goalies over-exaggerate glove saves.

Dustin Peener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:08 PM
  #62
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 17,084
vCash: 500
You guys should learn a thing or two about hockey.

Making a glove save is basically an arm moving upwards at full speed. People call it "flashing the glove" but any goalie coach will tell you that after you've secured the shot in your glove, you must make sure the glove hand stay as far forward as possible so a player doesnt knock your glove over the goal line with his stick or body.

The only time I think a goalie showboats is when it's a soft wrister from far out, but even then, it would be technically unsound to not bring the glove hand towards the front of your body.

Seriously, how the **** do you "showboat" a 90-plus MPH slapshot????

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:10 PM
  #63
TK
Global Moderator
 
TK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth.
Country: United States
Posts: 49,381
vCash: 500
Rangers fans are upset in this thread. I wonder why.

TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:15 PM
  #64
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,996
vCash: 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
Rangers fans are upset in this thread. I wonder why.
You talk **** about the Rangers in every thread. I wonder why.

__________________
Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:22 PM
  #65
TK
Global Moderator
 
TK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth.
Country: United States
Posts: 49,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
You talk **** about the Rangers in every thread. I wonder why.
No I don't. I don't like the Kreider over-hyping nonsense. So if anything I talk **** about Kreider in every thread involving him.

TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:29 PM
  #66
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,996
vCash: 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
No I don't. I don't like the Kreider over-hyping nonsense. So if anything I talk **** about Kreider in every thread involving him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
Yeah, I think they will win. I won't say why, because I don't feel like being annoyed by Rangers fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
King, because he isn't on the Rangers.
Whatever you say.

Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:31 PM
  #67
TK
Global Moderator
 
TK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth.
Country: United States
Posts: 49,381
vCash: 500
Dealing with Kreider, dealing with Kreider, and I think Quick is better than Lundqvist.

TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:34 PM
  #68
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,996
vCash: 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
Dealing with Kreider, dealing with Kreider, and I think Quick is better than Lundqvist.
Then how come you didn't say "King, because I dislike Kreider" instead of bringing up the Rangers?

Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:35 PM
  #69
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
You talk **** about the Rangers in every thread. I wonder why.
This. That poster tries to stir the pot every single chance he gets.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:35 PM
  #70
the
Registered User
 
the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 50
Carey Price

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:37 PM
  #71
TK
Global Moderator
 
TK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth.
Country: United States
Posts: 49,381
vCash: 500
I don't try to stir the pot, you just take things the wrong way. Just because I'm against the Rangers on a given subject, it doesn't mean I hate them or I'm intentionally trying to piss you off. Not to mention, most of the time I'm joking. Don't take me too seriously.

And yeah, that's true. I could have said the King vs. Kreider thing differently. But how I meant it was that Kreider is on the Rangers.

TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:39 PM
  #72
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,996
vCash: 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
I don't try to stir the pot, you just take things the wrong way. Just because I'm against the Rangers on a given subject, it doesn't mean I hate them or I'm intentionally trying to piss you off. Not to mention, most of the time I'm joking. Don't take me too seriously.

And yeah, that's true. I could have said the King vs. Kreider thing differently. But how I meant it was that Kreider is on the Rangers.
What does the team Kreider plays for have to do with that topic? If Kreider played for another team, would that make a difference in your reason to think King is better?

Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:41 PM
  #73
TK
Global Moderator
 
TK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth.
Country: United States
Posts: 49,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
What does the team Kreider plays for have to do with that topic? If Kreider played for another team, would that make a difference in your reason to think King is better?
Eh, you got me there. It could just be playoff annoyance. I wanted the Caps to advance. I don't hate you guys, though.

TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:44 PM
  #74
PromNite
This is awkward...
 
PromNite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,931
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
I don't try to stir the pot, you just take things the wrong way. Just because I'm against the Rangers on a given subject, it doesn't mean I hate them or I'm intentionally trying to piss you off. Not to mention, most of the time I'm joking. Don't take me too seriously.

And yeah, that's true. I could have said the King vs. Kreider thing differently. But how I meant it was that Kreider is on the Rangers.
Great explanation. Oh wait, not it wasn't.

You hate the Rangers, just let it out, man. Lots of people do, you'd be in the nice, comfy majority.

__________________


Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:45 PM
  #75
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Holtby was getting showy in the playoffs.
'Least he had some sick flow.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.