HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Question

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2012, 03:34 PM
  #1
HockeyJunkie101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Question

I was watching my sons game and my son drew a penatly for hit to the head. Then the he got called for unsportsmanilke. The other player did not have to serve his penatly. What is the reason?

HockeyJunkie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:01 PM
  #2
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyJunkie101 View Post
I was watching my sons game and my son drew a penatly for hit to the head. Then the he got called for unsportsmanilke. The other player did not have to serve his penatly. What is the reason?
Was it your son or the one who hit him in the head who got the unsportsmanlike? I have a hard time figuring that out.

EDIT: I guess it's your son. And if it's your son who got the unsportsmanlike, and the other guy didn't have to sit for his headshot because of that, the ref has invented a new rule.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:34 PM
  #3
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,689
vCash: 500
If I understood that right your son got a hitting the head penalty and the other kid got a unsportsmanlike?

I know it is the refs choice to give a 2 or a 4 so maybe he gave your son a 4 and the other kid 2 but decided to just call it 2 to your son?

Depending on the ages I would think that might be it. He could just be trying to keep things simpler.

Jacob8hockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:07 PM
  #4
HockeyJunkie101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Was it your son or the one who hit him in the head who got the unsportsmanlike? I have a hard time figuring that out.

EDIT: I guess it's your son. And if it's your son who got the unsportsmanlike, and the other guy didn't have to sit for his headshot because of that, the ref has invented a new rule.
The edit is right, it was really werid. His team tied the game with 0.5 seconds left and won so it doesn't really matter just curious.

HockeyJunkie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:24 PM
  #5
AIREAYE
Moderator
 
AIREAYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: China
Posts: 3,886
vCash: 500
With almost every question related to a call, there are always 2 sides of the story. Perhaps the ref saw something you didn't.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 07:14 AM
  #6
HockeyJunkie101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
With almost every question related to a call, there are always 2 sides of the story. Perhaps the ref saw something you didn't.
At first he called a checking to the head penatly, sent the other player to the box, then called my son, and let the other player go out, only to score on the power play.

HockeyJunkie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 08:29 AM
  #7
hockeymass
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 610
vCash: 500
What level is it? Some refs, especially at the lower levels, are really misinformed. This one kid who was on my midgets team had just completed his ref certification and started to call games, and he insisted to me that boarding was a made up penalty that should never be called.

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:27 AM
  #8
HockeyJunkie101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymass View Post
What level is it? Some refs, especially at the lower levels, are really misinformed. This one kid who was on my midgets team had just completed his ref certification and started to call games, and he insisted to me that boarding was a made up penalty that should never be called.
NS AAA Series. Peewee Minor.

HockeyJunkie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.