HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Question

Old
05-20-2012, 03:34 PM
HockeyJunkie101

vCash: 500
Question

I was watching my sons game and my son drew a penatly for hit to the head. Then the he got called for unsportsmanilke. The other player did not have to serve his penatly. What is the reason?

HockeyJunkie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:01 PM
bp spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyJunkie101 View Post
I was watching my sons game and my son drew a penatly for hit to the head. Then the he got called for unsportsmanilke. The other player did not have to serve his penatly. What is the reason?
Was it your son or the one who hit him in the head who got the unsportsmanlike? I have a hard time figuring that out.

EDIT: I guess it's your son. And if it's your son who got the unsportsmanlike, and the other guy didn't have to sit for his headshot because of that, the ref has invented a new rule.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

If I understood that right your son got a hitting the head penalty and the other kid got a unsportsmanlike?

I know it is the refs choice to give a 2 or a 4 so maybe he gave your son a 4 and the other kid 2 but decided to just call it 2 to your son?

Depending on the ages I would think that might be it. He could just be trying to keep things simpler.

Jacob8hockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:07 PM
HockeyJunkie101

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Was it your son or the one who hit him in the head who got the unsportsmanlike? I have a hard time figuring that out.

EDIT: I guess it's your son. And if it's your son who got the unsportsmanlike, and the other guy didn't have to sit for his headshot because of that, the ref has invented a new rule.
The edit is right, it was really werid. His team tied the game with 0.5 seconds left and won so it doesn't really matter just curious.

Old
05-20-2012, 09:24 PM
AIREAYE

With almost every question related to a call, there are always 2 sides of the story. Perhaps the ref saw something you didn't.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 07:14 AM
HockeyJunkie101

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
With almost every question related to a call, there are always 2 sides of the story. Perhaps the ref saw something you didn't.
At first he called a checking to the head penatly, sent the other player to the box, then called my son, and let the other player go out, only to score on the power play.

Old
05-21-2012, 08:29 AM
hockeymass

What level is it? Some refs, especially at the lower levels, are really misinformed. This one kid who was on my midgets team had just completed his ref certification and started to call games, and he insisted to me that boarding was a made up penalty that should never be called.

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:27 AM
HockeyJunkie101

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymass View Post
What level is it? Some refs, especially at the lower levels, are really misinformed. This one kid who was on my midgets team had just completed his ref certification and started to call games, and he insisted to me that boarding was a made up penalty that should never be called.
NS AAA Series. Peewee Minor.