HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Chris Kreider Thread 2.0 - Take Schroeder!!

Old
05-20-2012, 05:31 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
BTW, maybe a silly question. Do you guys think that he deflected the goal in game 2 on purpose or he was just standing there screening Brodeur and the shot went off his stick. Clearly game 3 was on purpose.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
BTW, maybe a silly question. Do you guys think that he deflected the goal in game 2 on purpose or he was just standing there screening Brodeur and the shot went off his stick. Clearly game 3 was on purpose.
I can't answer your question, but you're wrong about game 3.

Kreider said in the post game that the play was all McDonagh. He said McDonagh ripped the shot and it just happened to find his stick and go into the net, that he wasn't trying to deflect it, he just happened to have his stick in the right place.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:33 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Yes, Torts has clearly shown that he needs lessons on how players should be positioned and how to play forward and defense.

What is it with him that people frequently see nothing but shortcomings? Torts has taken a team that is not the most talented to a 2-1 lead in the ECF. And we are still finding faults with him and his system?
I think that a few of the forwards go to the net at opportune times, but it could be much improved. So many times in games this season, there are rebounds to be had, screens to be made, and it often does not happen. Am I saying that Tortorella knows nothing about positional hockey? Of course not.
If you take my post literally, I clearly state that I wish more forwards would do what Kreider is doing, even if they are not as talented it is still helps to complete plays.
Perhaps we just disagree on this, and that would be fine too.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:35 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post

Kreider said in the post game that the play was all McDonagh. He said McDonagh ripped the shot and it just happened to find his stick and go into the net, that he wasn't trying to deflect it, he just happened to have his stick in the right place.
Hockey players are too honest for their own good. I would have preferred to think that he deflected it on purpose. I guess there's still something to say for being in good position and having your stick in good position. Still wish he kept his mouth shut.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:59 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Always felt his playmaking/passing was severely underrated.
I think his playmaking independant passing has been fantastic- he makes little plays all around the ice sometimes that lead to a Rangers advantage when he's on a shift. I haven't seen much of his passing yet, but he's definitely not a big oaf. Guy knows what he's doing.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 06:22 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
And some Columbus fans not only think that Sather will be crawling back to inquire about Nash, but somehow Kreider might still be moved for Nash.
I'd rather move our 40 goal scorer Gaborik than Kreider. Love Kreider, he's the man, or kid... or whatever. He's great anyways!

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

A Kreider game worn BC jersey was recently sold for $2,100. He's making a name for himself, that's for sure.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 06:58 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kreider suffered one concussion at BC. November 2009 against Merrimack. He missed a week. Kreider suffered a broken jaw at the end of his sophomore season. He returned to play before BC lost to Colorado College in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I definitely need more cowbell.

05-20-2012, 08:22 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Kreider suffered one concussion at BC. November 2009 against Merrimack. He missed a week. Kreider suffered a broken jaw at the end of his sophomore season. He returned to play before BC lost to Colorado College in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
I was at that game. Went to Merrimack. Kyle Bigos lined Kreider up. Kreider was dancing around people the whole 1st period. He was on the right side crossing the blue line, used inside move deking the defender but his head was down and Bigos the RD caught him with an open ice hit. He sat the last 5 minutes of the 1st. He looked very shaky leaving the ice. Didn't return. I was worried he was done he got hit that hard.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Polarcharger

Quote:

That's a rookie saying the right thing. Yeah, he "just happened" to be in front of the net, "just happened" to have his blade in the wide open position he was taught, and the puck "just happened" to hit his stick.

Polarcharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

Good things happen when you do the right things. Luck is preparation and opportunity come together.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:49 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarcharger View Post
That's a rookie saying the right thing. Yeah, he "just happened" to be in front of the net, "just happened" to have his blade in the wide open position he was taught, and the puck "just happened" to hit his stick.
Yeah, I agree. He "just happened" to perfectly place his stick at the perfect angle.

Humble dude, but that was a great deflection by him.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

He is too humble, I don't like him. He needs to be more arrogant, gold teeth and an entourage are a good start, quickly followed by Gatoraide commercials.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:16 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
I <3 Kreider. Guy is just awesome. So many other fans are becoming jealous of the Rangers for having him. We finally have that first round steal. He will be our Giroux essentially. What a talent.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

anyone notice the exchange with bickel last night (right before he passed back because he didn't have a shot and the nbc idiots complained about it)

basically bickel pinched in and basically in the same motion kreider circled back to d bickle either shot it or passed it right back to kreider, they skated past he dropped the puck to kreider and went back to d, kreider is in the slot and passes back to bickel. one of the smoothest d to o and back transitions i have ever seen by this team. if bickel was girardi, staal, or stralman that could've been a goal.

this isn't the first time kreider has covered that either. he does it all the time when the D pinches in. something most of our guys seem to neglect. (same with the screening/deflections)

it was just a nice cycle and something easy to notice about how good this kid is going forward

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:41 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kreider's youth hockey coach

Quote:
He was a very cerebral kid, said Cleary, Kreiders coach from the Junior Valley Warriors program. When we were doing our locker room prep, Id have an expression that the lights were always on. He was listening. He wanted to know what was going on. He looked at the game that way.

Id tell him, Youve got to see the ice. After the game, hed say, Did I see the ice this game? Hed check in what he was supposed to do. He was always good that way.
Quote:
Hes not reliant on his pure speed anymore, Cleary said. Hes smart with the puck and unselfish with the puck. Hes never been a real selfish player at all. It looks like hes brought his game up to a smarter level.
http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/0...f4M/story.html

A little too unselfish. He should have shot the puck in the 2nd period in game 6 instead of passing it to Boyle. I think it was Boyle. Torts told him to shoot the puck when he got back to the bench.

Old
05-27-2012, 09:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kreider is still eligible for the Calder next season. He didn't play 25 games this season.

Old
05-27-2012, 09:47 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Kreider's youth hockey coach

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/0...f4M/story.html

A little too unselfish. He should have shot the puck in the 2nd period in game 6 instead of passing it to Boyle. I think it was Boyle. Torts told him to shoot the puck when he got back to the bench.
Yes, it was Boyle.

Good find, RB. I wonder if this isn't a really important point to watch during Kreider's development. He has the tools to be an offensive force, but in order to get there, he needs to develop the mindset that HE is the best option to take the shot 50% - 75% of the time. I don't see that yet.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:03 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Yes, it was Boyle.

Good find, RB. I wonder if this isn't a really important point to watch during Kreider's development. He has the tools to be an offensive force, but in order to get there, he needs to develop the mindset that HE is the best option to take the shot 50% - 75% of the time. I don't see that yet.
I think that is due in part to his desire to fit in. He doesn't have big ego, and wants to find his place on this team. As he gets a better understanding of his teammates, and as his confidence grows, I think you'll see that "selfishness" increase.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:55 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Kreider on his choice to come out of college: "Very happy...made the right decision."
https://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/...47376492810240