HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prust suspended 1 game

Old
05-20-2012, 02:26 PM
HockeyBurd*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
According to http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/ it's a hockey play.
"Hockey Play - After a thorough review we can find no basis to impose supplemental discipline. This was a hockey play. In reviewing this play, we also took into consideration that it's the playoffs. We did think about it though. We were very close. Like really close."

That thing is official, right?

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
They did the same thing with Hagelin. He had a hearing at like 1 and we didn't get any news till 6-7.
yeah...but they were flying to ottawa and wouldnt land till about 6 and they needed to inform the team first before the media could report anything....this is different since they are in the new york area, no flying

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Cmox

How long does it take to decide usually?

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 02:54 PM
egelband

i would have thought shanahan had a basic idea in his head on what should be the discipline. then the hearing would either bear-out his reasoning or he'd re-think it. it must be that he is re-thinking things. also, doesn't he produce an explanatory video with these cases? it might be tough to get staff in on a sunday for that kind of thing.

Last edited by egelband: 05-20-2012 at 03:00 PM.
egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:10 PM
gardenparty

I am quite certain that it's going to be a 1 game suspension.

It was a deliberate blow to the head that the league is trying to eliminate. The mitigating factor is that Volchenkov wasn't injured, although he got up kind of woozy.

I like Torts, but I find his comment that "we tell our players not to stay down" a bit disturbing. I'd like to think if a Ranger player is (hypothetically) slightly concussed on a play that he won't feel the need to rush to his feet to fulfill some outdated macho bs code of honor to satisfy his coach.

I understand he's protecting Prust; I get that. But shots to the head are dangerous and should not be dismissed with a flippant "our players don't stay down on ice" comment.

gardenparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:12 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenparty View Post

It was a deliberate blow to the head that the league is trying to eliminate. The mitigating factor is that Volchenkov wasn't injured, although he got up kind of woozy.

I like Torts, but I find his comment that "we tell our players not to stay down" a bit disturbing. I'd like to think if a Ranger player is (hypothetically) slightly concussed on a play that he won't feel the need to rush to his feet to fulfill some outdated macho bs code of honor to satisfy his coach.

I understand he's protecting Prust; I get that. But shots to the head are dangerous and should not be dismissed with a flippant "our players don't stay down on ice" comment.
you do realize this is torts we're talking about correct?
pretty much everything this clown says or does in front of a camera is nothing short of embarrassing. for the record, i agree, but am not all surprised. torts is an ass.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:15 PM
goalie dude
Rookie User

yeah he went a bit too far with that

goalie dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
yeah...but they were flying to ottawa and wouldnt land till about 6 and they needed to inform the team first before the media could report anything....this is different since they are in the new york area, no flying
Ah, very true. But, I raise you this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Shanny is trying figure out how to explain his reasoning for suspending Lundqvist for Prust's elbow.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:34 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
pretty much everything this clown says or does in front of a camera is nothing short of embarrassing. for the record, i agree, but am not all surprised. torts is an ass.
Great insight. Keep posting those intelligent thoughts of yours.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:

I believe Torts is angry at how some players really milk a hit and try to draw a penalty. He wants his players to stop worrying about any attempts to drawn one and just get up and play their role as to not waste time.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:48 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I believe Torts is angry at how some players really milk a hit and try to draw a penalty. He wants his players to stop worrying about any attempts to drawn one and just get up and play their role as to not waste time.
Thank you for adding some sensibility to the conversation. Apparently we have people on these boards who believe they can do a better job than him even though the team finished 1st and is up 2-1 in the ECF

Old
05-20-2012, 04:56 PM
egelband

i like that torts says what's on his mind. i also think, in this case, he's right. not about the devils in particular, but, in general. there's a ton of milking-it in sports. i happen to see a lot of soccer every day and literally 25% of that game is players dramatically flopping to draw cards. the slightest tap and it's a screaming banshee grabbing his ankle writhing on the grass. once the card is drawn or the penalty given, the guy miraculously recovers.
i really don't want to see the nhl become like this. (obviously it's not that bad, but i like people speaking against it).

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post

The team finished 1pt away from the Pres Cup, won their div/conference, are now 2 wins away from an appearance in the Stanley Cup final, and Torts has been named a finalist for the Jack Adams (aka the coach of the yr).

He knows what he's doing, he's getting things done and playing the game with the media that coaches need to play.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:04 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post

The team finished 1pt away from the Pres Cup, won their div/conference, are now 2 wins away from an appearance in the Stanley Cup final, and Torts has been named a finalist for the Jack Adams (aka the coach of the yr).

He knows what he's doing, he's getting things done and playing the game with the media that coaches need to play.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!
He wants to coach the team because under him the team would go 82-0 and 16-0.

Old
05-20-2012, 05:06 PM
snowcloud

What about Parise's charge/elbow on Del Zotto in the third? I just saw it on nbc during their promo for game 4.

snowcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:08 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Zach Parise has been fined the paltry amount allowed in the CBA as a result of his actions on Michael Del Zotto. In reviewing this play, we also took into consideration that Zach Parise is a superstar.
http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

How's that for service?

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:33 PM
gardenparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Thank you for adding some sensibility to the conversation. Apparently we have people on these boards who believe they can do a better job than him even though the team finished 1st and is up 2-1 in the ECF
So Torts wrongly implies that Volchenkov embellished that elbow to the back of the head because he fell to the ice and got up 5 seconds later.

And this is related to his ability to coach a team to a first place finish how?

gardenparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
So Torts wrongly implies that Volchenkov embellished that elbow to the back of the head because he fell to the ice and got up 5 seconds later.

whoa...i listened torts comments from practice today, he was not implying volchenkov embellished it, he was speaking about all the other calls that were called and then picks and all that stuff, he was not implying that volchenkov embellished it and stayed down to draw a penalty...he is saying these things so the ref will think a little either A) before making a call or B) calling dives or other penalties on the devils

*i didnt quite get what your question was going for...and if your first part was not being serious sorry, i took it to be you being serious*

and why have we yet to hear anything on the decision yet?

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:44 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

read the guys post. It's baseless and pathetic. Just full of hate with no real reason. Did Torts go off a bit in regards to this past game? Sure. But I would too with everything else that is going on. But to call Torts a "clown" and an "ass" is unnecessary. He has done a great job with this team. If anyone thinks guys like McDonagh, MDZ, Stepan, the chemistry of this team, all happened completely happened on its own then you are just plain ignorant.

Old
05-20-2012, 05:57 PM
fitchjr1

vCash: 560
1 game

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Rangers' Brendan Prust gets 1-game suspension for elbowing Devils' Anton Volchenkov in head in Saturday's Game 3.

fitchjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ThisYearsModel

Prust suspended for next game, as ber Andrew Gross.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
No complaints coming from me. Both parties should be fine with this, IMO.

05-20-2012, 05:58 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Fair suspension. Can't hit a guy in the head like he did. I'm more than fine with this.

05-20-2012, 05:59 PM
koz2393

Perfectly fine, and while I'll miss having Prust out there, he's far from vital

koz2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Shanny actually didn't screw up this time. 1 game is fair.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote