HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Players you would like to see Detroit draft

Old
05-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Frk It
#FireHolland

vCash: 500
Players you would like to see Detroit draft

Who would everyone like to see Detroit take this year from the 2nd round on? With the early round exit this year, I have spent a lot of time looking at info and reading about prospects.

Some guys I would like to see the Wings draft:

Raphael Bussieres - LW, QMJHL
Coda Gordon - LW, WHL
Matia Marcantuoni - C, OHL
Zachary Stepan - C, High School
Matej Beran - C, QMJHL
Francis Beauvillier - LW QMJHL
Vladislav Shalimov - LW, QMJHL
Nick Ebert - D, OHL
Troy Donnay - D, OHL
Pascal Zerresen - D, SEL
Damon Severson - D, WHL

Some of these guys may not be available when Detroit drafts, but I like these players as possibilities for rounds 2-7. If any European users who get to watch prospects over there and have players you like and think will be available when Detroit drafts, I would appreciate your input.

Last edited by Frk It: 05-20-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:06 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
I would only want Ebert if it's like third round or later. Definitely not second.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
I would die for Maatta, but of course we won't get him because of Holland trading away the 1st. I'm hoping that maybe we could trade up :3

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
I would die for Maatta, but of course we won't get him because of Holland trading away the 1st. I'm hoping that maybe we could trade up :3
THIS....

if tampa gets Matta with our pick we should be ashamed of ourselves as he simply would have been the best "potential" draft day pick we have had in 20 years

(by potential i am of course referring to thoughts/opinions on draft day, not who or what they became years later)

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:06 PM
TheFirebird
Resurget Cineribus

I noticed that you have Vladislav Shalimov as one of your targets, would Daniil Zharkov be another possibility, or is he drafted significantly ahead of where we are in the second round/not what our team needs to draft?

TheFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird View Post
I noticed that you have Vladislav Shalimov as one of your targets, would Daniil Zharkov be another possibility, or is he drafted significantly ahead of where we are in the second round/not what our team needs to draft?
Not sure where Zharkov will get drafted, I have seen him going many different places. If he is left when we pick I wouldn't mind taking him.

"When he’s on his game Daniil Zharkov is a dominant forward with size who can score goals from any area in the offensive zone. He has a great shot which combined with his strong skating can be absolutely devastating on the rush. Zharkov will play with a bit of an edge and has great skills with the puck in one on one situation. Where Zharkov’s game suffers is in his consistency and his play without the puck. When Zharkov is not scoring goals he tends to completely disappear off the map and his effort also tends to drop. This is an even bigger issue due to Zharkov’s defensive game not being quite at the level that many would like to see it reach. He does tend to float into the defensive zone and does not compete very hard in battles for the puck in his own end. If Zharkov can put a weak January behind him he could see himself surge up the rankings as one of the top pure goal scorers in the draft."

http://www.thescoutingreport.org/201...rankings-3160/

Old
05-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Rzombo4 prez

In the 2nd round:

Daniil Zharkov
Brian Hart
Cody Corbett
Calle Andersson

Later rounds:

Nikita Gusev
Cliff Watson

We should also take a goalie at some point.

Rzombo4 prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:31 PM
JRB86

We need another player like Rick Zombo, this much is certain.

JRB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
In the 2nd round:

Daniil Zharkov
Brian Hart
Cody Corbett
Calle Andersson

Later rounds:

Nikita Gusev
Cliff Watson

We should also take a goalie at some point.
Andersson seems like a good prospect, but I can't really find much on him. Gusev also seems like an intriguing talent, but he is pretty tiny.

Old
05-20-2012, 12:48 PM
ricky0034

Nikita Gusev

in general too though I wanna see some Russians

I wish the Wings drafted more Russians

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
Nikita Gusev

in general too though I wanna see some Russians

I wish the Wings drafted more Russians
i wanna see the wings draft more farm boys from rural alberta and saskatchewan, mean and nasty blueliners, all heart and soul..

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:04 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

I would prefer the Wings drafted someone who is really good.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:11 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Not possible without a top10 pick.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:11 PM
JRB86

Nick Ebert
Richard Mraz
David Karlsson (The Karlsson factor )
Robert Leino
Niklas Treutle
Adam Gilmour
Cody Corbett
Dillon Fournier
Tobias Tornkvist
Ales Kilnar

JRB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:13 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Honestly, I'm not going to look that much into the draft, if our highest pick is at #49 overall or something.

But in general I'd stay away from Russians and former Soviets in general. Too much of a KHL risk and general lack of control over their development, plus the sort of player they churn it seems to have very high bust potential.

TheMoreYouKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 02:17 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Nail Yakupov.

Oh, wait.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Spitfire11

Matia Marcantuoni

Spitfire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:05 PM
joe89

If we draft a Swede, I would like us to go after Emil Lundberg. He's 6'4" 210lbs, scored at the same pace as Filip Forsberg this season in the Swedish tier2. Only difference is that he's almost a full year older(missed last year's draft with only two days). With a frame and skillset like that that he has the chance to be really good with time. He can probably go anywhere from the 1st to 3rd round.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:22 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Karlsson, Giroux, Kopitar?

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:40 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Karlsson, Giroux, Kopitar?
Alright Karlsson was 15th overall, at the time I didn't think he was really good... We're talking really good at the time they are drafted... I didn't follow the draft that closely in 2005 or 2006, I know Kopitar played in sweden during the lockout but he wasn't all WOW.

Old
05-21-2012, 01:57 AM
HTT3*

Not one mention of Jarrod Maidens? He's a pure heart and soul with size and top 6 potential. Compare him to Toews or a bigger (more physical) Zach Parise. He can skate, he can fight, and he says he channels his game after Iginla... The type of players Detroit is lacking.

Last edited by HTT3*: 05-21-2012 at 02:03 AM.
HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:10 AM
Zorin

Send a message via ICQ to Zorin
I'd love the Wings to pick Zerressen, cause he is a guy from my home-team and I can watch him pretty closely and know him personally

He does not play SEL but DEL, though

He is set for a very important year. He played well whenever given the opportunity last year, but he often was the odd man out with the team fighting for the PO-spot and relying on verterans. He has a great frame, obviously, he has solid hands and wheels. Not as good as Ehrhoff in terms of skating but I think 2 or 3 inches taller.

Right now he'd be a longshot for the NHL but he has talent and the physical tools.

Zorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:29 AM
nik jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
good idea

i also hope they are willing to pick russians. a good part of DRW's success in last 20 years was based on being able to steal europeans in the draft. 15-20 years ago, other teams did not scout much in europe. now hakan andersson and the other scouts are still finding bargains, but it seems to me the easiest place to find them now is russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
giroux was drafted 22nd. ryan o'reilly at 33. duncan keith at 54. kopitar at 11. carlson at 27.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
If we draft a Swede, I would like us to go after Emil Lundberg. He's 6'4" 210lbs, scored at the same pace as Filip Forsberg this season in the Swedish tier2. Only difference is that he's almost a full year older(missed last year's draft with only two days). With a frame and skillset like that that he has the chance to be really good with time. He can probably go anywhere from the 1st to 3rd round.
i think it was cheerupmurray who also mentioned lundberg in a previous draft thread. HF also mentioned him in an article months ago.

edit: found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray
One player that doesn't seem to get much buzz and was quite a long way down on Central scoutings list (52 or something) is lateborn -93 leftwinger Emil Lundberg, playing for Södertälje in Allsvenskan, Sweden. In my limites viewing he looks like a interesting player. He got all the size you can ask for (6'04'') and skill to go with it.

Lately he has been given more and more responsibilty for his team and now he more or less a firstliner in SEL-2. He has 12 points so far, which is very good for a player in his draftyear for that league, and has by that outscored hyped Filip Forsberg by a margin (Forsberg is almost a year younger though). He looks like a player with good hockeysense and the ability to be physical force when he fills out. His puckhandling is good, he has a fine understanding of the game and good work ethic. The major knock on him is skating, especially acceleration. This is of course a problem, he needs to become a better skater to play in the fast paced NHL.

Anyway if he actually goes as 52 skater from europe it would mean something like late 7th round, which would be a extremely good steal. He is under the radar, since he didn't play in the WJC and he will not appear in the u-18 wjc either since he is born 1993. He has been taking big strides this season and seems to go unnoticed. Otherwise he has been a regular for the national team for his agegroup (played both world junior challenge and wjc -18).

If Detroit can get him late it would be great since he looks more like a secondrounder or thirdrounder to me.
from HF article:
Quote:
Emil Lundberg, LW, Sodertalje
A huge winger who can bulldoze his way into space, Lundberg has shown well in his first season in Sweden's second highest league, the Allsvenskan, putting up more points than highly touted Swedish star Filip Forsberg. Lundberg plays to his strengths and continues to learn how to be a power forward, but also has proven to be a coachable player and one that works hard in both directions. He is aggressive in battles along the wall and around the net but also shows great discipline and rarely takes a bad penalty. He best suited as a grinding garbage goal type player but can also score off the rush with his good shot and be a strong trigger man from the circles on the PP. In the collective opinion of ISS scouts, Lundberg has not received the attention he deserves from the NHL and will certainly gain some respect and attention as the season continues.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._december2011/

Last edited by nik jr: 05-21-2012 at 03:43 AM.
nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:22 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Yeha you can draft players who eventually might become really good, but you can never draft a player that is really good at this moment outside of the top10, in this draft it's more or less only Yakupov who is really good atm

Old
05-21-2012, 07:16 AM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

My favorites right now at our position would probably be:

Frk
Maidens
Gusev
Ebert

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote