HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Bruins Prospect Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-19-2012, 11:15 AM
  #76
toomanymen
Registered User
 
toomanymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
I was stunned at how small Theoren Fleury was when I met him.

Size isn't everything. Khokhlachev has excellent hands, vision & instincts to compensate for the lack of size and pure speed. Whether he can make an impact in the NHL remains to be seen, but guys smaller than he is have found ways to become players.

I don't really have much to say other than that-- I don't have a crystal ball to see into the future and know whether he becomes an impact NHLer or not, but he has the skill and attitude to have a shot, IMO.

I would just relax and let it play out-- keep your observations in the back of your mind because there might be something to them. You might be right, but I'm not going to spend a lot of time wondering about it. IMO-- KoKo has the skill to go the distance and potentially be a top-six forward, size be damned. But that's just my view-- you're welcome to have your doubts, but if you're looking for some kind of affirmation, sorry but I'm not too concerned about the size.

I will say that he was not all that impressive in the Islanders rookie games, but those were just two games. He did make some nice plays that only a small group of players can make-- they just didn't pan out in the form of goals. Still, you could see the talent even if he didn't shine like some of the other 2011 draft picks like Ryan Strome and Dougie Hamilton did.

Nobody is going to solve the world's problems in one day, nor are we going to get a definitive answer on KoKo for a few years yet.
I just read my post and realized I forgot the word "soon" after NHL. I was wondering why u wanted me to relax! Lol. I just don't see him there next year. I agree just let's see what happens. If the Bs get a few Samsonov like years at some point that's ok. Early Sergei that is.

toomanymen is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 04:23 PM
  #77
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone
 
CptxMorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lawrence, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
I was stunned at how small Theoren Fleury was when I met him.

Size isn't everything. Khokhlachev has excellent hands, vision & instincts to compensate for the lack of size and pure speed. Whether he can make an impact in the NHL remains to be seen, but guys smaller than he is have found ways to become players.

I don't really have much to say other than that-- I don't have a crystal ball to see into the future and know whether he becomes an impact NHLer or not, but he has the skill and attitude to have a shot, IMO.

I would just relax and let it play out-- keep your observations in the back of your mind because there might be something to them. You might be right, but I'm not going to spend a lot of time wondering about it. IMO-- KoKo has the skill to go the distance and potentially be a top-six forward, size be damned. But that's just my view-- you're welcome to have your doubts, but if you're looking for some kind of affirmation, sorry but I'm not too concerned about the size.

I will say that he was not all that impressive in the Islanders rookie games, but those were just two games. He did make some nice plays that only a small group of players can make-- they just didn't pan out in the form of goals. Still, you could see the talent even if he didn't shine like some of the other 2011 draft picks like Ryan Strome and Dougie Hamilton did.

Nobody is going to solve the world's problems in one day, nor are we going to get a definitive answer on KoKo for a few years yet.
I think the biggest thing, character-wise, is that he was willing to leave his country at a young age to play in what is widely considered the best youth league in the world. It was a pretty big jump and he dealt with it pretty well.

CptxMorgan is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 06:51 PM
  #78
Mike B.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
I believe so. There is a transfer agreement in place until June 30, 2012 but even if that is not renewed, I understand that the NHL team and can work any deal they want with a KHL club. The transfer agreement is more to prevent the KHL from poaching NHL players under contract like what happened with Alexander Radulov in 2008. KoKo signing an ELC would put him in that category, but not sure about how much enforcement oomph is behind the memorandum of agreement.

The issue is more whether the club's wishes will be honored by the KHL club when/if the player sent over is to be returned for a chance to make the club down the road. There is always a risk involved when dealing with some of the teams/personalities across the ocean.

The law is pretty complex when dealing with situations like this because you're dealing with international entities who aren't forced to honor contracts that would be binding in U.S. courts, so not sure how it all works myself.

Bottom line: Bruins can do it, but they'd have to make a leap of faith that Spartak would release him back when Boston wanted him. Once he's over there, you're risking the possibility of the team demanding compensation not originally agreed upon or other complications such as KoKo deciding he'd just rather stay home and bank more coin if he's comfortable over there.
I'm with you on the concerns. The best possible option would be to sign Koko and have him play in North America. If that turns out not to be possible, signing him to an ELC and then loaning him to KHL seems like a better option than just losing his rights.

I'm glad the system is well stocked beyond Koko. If he was #1 on the prospect list and #2-#5 were Andy Hilbert, Ivan Huml, Lars Jonsson, Martin Samuelsson the cupboard would be looking pretty bare. As it is Koko's probably the #4 behind some strong prospects.

Mike B. is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 09:37 PM
  #79
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days
 
Grasshopperking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Manchester, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,271
vCash: 500
Anyone catch the London game? Knight played pretty well. Not a huge or terribly fast kid but he's smart and knows where to go and where to be. Had an assist, a heckuva a hit and a real close chance off a slick feed.
I'm so happy we didn't get Beaulieu, as some speculated. Many many bad decisions. Tinordi is looking good though :/

Grasshopperking is offline  
Old
05-19-2012, 10:23 PM
  #80
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 13,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopperking View Post
Anyone catch the London game? Knight played pretty well. Not a huge or terribly fast kid but he's smart and knows where to go and where to be. Had an assist, a heckuva a hit and a real close chance off a slick feed.
I'm so happy we didn't get Beaulieu, as some speculated. Many many bad decisions. Tinordi is looking good though :/

All on a really bad ankle too (knight)

KnightofBoston is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 05:34 AM
  #81
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,897
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopperking View Post
Anyone catch the London game? Knight played pretty well. Not a huge or terribly fast kid but he's smart and knows where to go and where to be. Had an assist, a heckuva a hit and a real close chance off a slick feed.
I'm so happy we didn't get Beaulieu, as some speculated. Many many bad decisions. Tinordi is looking good though :/
I can tell you if you stood on one side of a neighborhood street and looked across at the other and Knight was standing there in shorts you could see the swelling in the ankle. He has outstanding speed specifically straight line that allows him to get to point A from point B in a hurry- also allows him to destroy opponents. Because of the injury he can not turn as well either and I noticed that on one play along the wall in the second he had trouble. It's not going to get better till he gets off it for a month or more and the reason he missed the clinching game. I know this kid and he is running (er skating) at less than capacity.

DKH is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 06:15 AM
  #82
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopperking View Post
Anyone catch the London game? Knight played pretty well. Not a huge or terribly fast kid but he's smart and knows where to go and where to be. Had an assist, a heckuva a hit and a real close chance off a slick feed.
I'm so happy we didn't get Beaulieu, as some speculated. Many many bad decisions. Tinordi is looking good though :/
Everyone and his sister has been made aware the kid is/has been playing with an injury that would have him sitting out games if this were the regular season, if anything, you should be impressed that the kid is playing the way he is/did last night.

I saw more than a few players on both sides who didn`t bring it the way he did without the injury he`s had

ODAAT is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 09:39 AM
  #83
Kick1412
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Everyone and his sister has been made aware the kid is/has been playing with an injury that would have him sitting out games if this were the regular season, if anything, you should be impressed that the kid is playing the way he is/did last night.

I saw more than a few players on both sides who didn`t bring it the way he did without the injury he`s had
cough Coyle cough. loved that hit knight made and IMO the save of the game was on his shot loved the hustle did not disappoint for my first time seeing him other than YouTube

Kick1412 is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:16 PM
  #84
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 39,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Question for the guys who follow the CHL religiously..... Is Saint John's team this one one of the all time great CHL teams ever? Talk about stacked. I know their D leaves a little to be desired after COR and Beaulieu but, man, they look like they have three NHL caliber lines right now.

WBC8 is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 02:58 PM
  #85
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick1412 View Post
cough Coyle cough. loved that hit knight made and IMO the save of the game was on his shot loved the hustle did not disappoint for my first time seeing him other than YouTube
haha, you said it not me, no way I`m going near the local boy (Mass I mean) and taking the verbal net bashing afterwards

ODAAT is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 03:47 PM
  #86
Kick1412
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
haha, you said it not me, no way I`m going near the local boy (Mass I mean) and taking the verbal net bashing afterwards
You'll hear nothing from me a fellow south shore native it's not like he went to BC

Kick1412 is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 04:04 PM
  #87
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
haha, you said it not me, no way I`m going near the local boy (Mass I mean) and taking the verbal net bashing afterwards
Coyle's not on any safe list after he left BU in the middle of the season. Local boy means more criticism imo.

His play last night showed me that he lacks character and commitment. He didn't look like a team player. If anything it seemed like it was he, Beaulieu and Huberdeau vs. the rest of their team.

__________________
The Butler did it. In the end zone. With a pick!

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 04:04 PM
  #88
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick1412 View Post
You'll hear nothing from me a fellow south shore native it's not like he went to BC
Well, that`s one fan I wouldn`t have had to hear it from

ODAAT is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 04:05 PM
  #89
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Coyle's not on any safe list after he left BU in the middle of the season. Local boy means more criticism imo.

His play last night showed me that he lacks character and commitment. He didn't look like a team player. If anything it seemed like it was he, Beaulieu and Huberdeau vs. the rest of their team.
Sure was far from inspiring play from him that`s for sure, good pt about the home boy heavy criticism too

ODAAT is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 04:32 PM
  #90
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Question for the guys who follow the CHL religiously..... Is Saint John's team this one one of the all time great CHL teams ever? Talk about stacked. I know their D leaves a little to be desired after COR and Beaulieu but, man, they look like they have three NHL caliber lines right now.
1982 Kitchener Rangers. 1987 and 1988 Medicine Hat Tigers. 1994 and 1995 Kamloops Blazers. Even the 2009 and 2010 Windsor Spitfires.

Saint John has a long way to go before they are in the rarified air of those teams, IMO. Especially the 1982 Rangers...Scott Stevens, Al MacInnis, Brian Bellows, David Shaw, Mike Hough, Mike Eagles, John Tucker and Wendell Young...amazing team and record among NHLers with 2 HHOFers, a 1st-line forward, 5 role players with multiple Stanley Cups among them.

Here's my take on the parallels between championship (or close) teams and how they fare in the NHL draft:

http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot...s-produce.html

Kirk- NEHJ is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 04:35 PM
  #91
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Sure was far from inspiring play from him that`s for sure, good pt about the home boy heavy criticism too
Coyle did himself no favors by failing out of BU and jumping ship rather than face the consequences.

He's going to ave a very hard time unless he changes his attitude all around. He's a good player but he's not as good s he may think. Maybe being humbled in this tournament will be a wakeup call.

Alicat is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 04:39 PM
  #92
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Coyle did himself no favors by failing out of BU and jumping ship rather than face the consequences.

He's going to ave a very hard time unless he changes his attitude all around. He's a good player but he's not as good s he may think. Maybe being humbled in this tournament will be a wakeup call.
I hear ya, wouldn`t be the first young man with a poor attitude, he`s the Sharks problem though

ODAAT is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 04:40 PM
  #93
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I hear ya, wouldn`t be the first young man with a poor attitude, he`s the Sharks problem though
He was traded to te Wild in the Brent Burns deal last year.

Alicat is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 04:47 PM
  #94
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
1982 Kitchener Rangers. 1987 and 1988 Medicine Hat Tigers. 1994 and 1995 Kamloops Blazers. Even the 2009 and 2010 Windsor Spitfires.

Saint John has a long way to go before they are in the rarified air of those teams, IMO. Especially the 1982 Rangers...Scott Stevens, Al MacInnis, Brian Bellows, David Shaw, Mike Hough, Mike Eagles, John Tucker and Wendell Young...amazing team and record among NHLers with 2 HHOFers, a 1st-line forward, 5 role players with multiple Stanley Cups among them.

Here's my take on the parallels between championship (or close) teams and how they fare in the NHL draft:

http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot...s-produce.html
That 82 Rangers team was unreal, Pops had season tix for the 67`s right up til the Sens came to town and they were unreal, not 100% sure but I thought there were at least 4 of that team`s players who went onto winning the Cup in the NHL too??

Weren`t there only 3 teams competing too for the Mem Cup in those days too Kirk ?? Doesn`t diminish the fact that they were just amazing to watch.

Beat my 67`s on their way to the Cup, loved Mike Eagles as a Junior for some reason unbeknownst to me

Sorry Kirk, had I taken the time to read your great piece, I wouldn`t have repeated what you already stated re: Stanley Cup winners Lazy bones here

ODAAT is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 04:48 PM
  #95
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
He was traded to te Wild in the Brent Burns deal last year.
Whatta bust, a massive stats/player personel expert like myself had no clue

ODAAT is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 04:51 PM
  #96
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Whatta bust, a massive stats/player personel expert like myself had no clue
It was a blockbuster deal at the beginning of free agency last year. Bruins fans were a bit pre occupied with better things. All is forgiven

Alicat is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 05:07 PM
  #97
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
It was a blockbuster deal at the beginning of free agency last year. Bruins fans were a bit pre occupied with better things. All is forgiven
Geesh, I gotta wake up and smell the roses some days

ODAAT is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 07:29 PM
  #98
Kick1412
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Coyle did himself no favors by failing out of BU and jumping ship rather than face the consequences.

He's going to ave a very hard time unless he changes his attitude all around. He's a good player but he's not as good s he may think. Maybe being humbled in this tournament will be a wakeup call.
didn't fail out. thats how it was first reported but wasn't the case

Kick1412 is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 07:35 PM
  #99
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick1412 View Post
didn't fail out. thats how it was first reported but wasn't the case
So why'd he leave?

Alicat is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 07:50 PM
  #100
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
So why'd he leave?
"Charlie has decided that he would like to focus on beginning his professional hockey career," BU coach Jack Parker said in the release. "We respect his decision and certainly wish him all the best in the future."

Shaun is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.