HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NYR Bars in Boston

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2012, 07:30 PM
  #1
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
NYR Bars in Boston

hey guys, I am heading up to Boston this weekend and don't want to miss our boys play ... any bars up there I can watch the game at .... hopefully with some fellow fans?

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:34 PM
  #2
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,198
vCash: 116
Good luck. I have never ventured in to Boston and felt welcome

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:38 PM
  #3
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Good luck. I have never ventured in to Boston and felt welcome
I am planning on going to a RedSox game that weekend as well ... I guess I should leave my Rivera jersey and Yankee hat at home.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:42 PM
  #4
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
I am planning on going to a RedSox game that weekend as well ... I guess I should leave my Rivera jersey and Yankee hat at home.
I didn't, although I was 12 at the time.....

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:57 PM
  #5
Greg in MA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Your best bet may be to find a sports bar away from the TD Garden. The Celtics are playing Monday night, so all attention will be on that game.

I've never been there, but Remy's at Fenway has a ton of TV's.

Greg in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:00 PM
  #6
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
I am planning on going to a RedSox game that weekend as well ... I guess I should leave my Rivera jersey and Yankee hat at home.
I havent been in Boston itself too much. More on the outskirts. I did watch the game yesterday at a Westin hotel in waltham outside of boston. The bartenders and people there were ok with the rangers game being on, I was watching with my gf's brother. In fact they were talking about how they loved Girardi and how the rangers have so many Americans. Couple weren't big fans of Callahan though they liked that he was American lol. And of course they love Kreider up there. College hockey up there is like college basketball to the rest of the nation. They know the players.

Anyways bottom line is you could probably watch the game in any bar, theyre pretty nice people up there. It is just kinda hit or miss what bar you can express how much of a rangers fan you are or rather how much emotion you show. Some bruins fans are probably rooting for the rangers. My gf just graduated from Bentley University. She was telling me during the caps series they were rooting for the rangers hard

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:59 PM
  #7
BackBayNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
I'd go with The Fours on Canal Street by TD Garden. It's a great sports bar and there will surely be Ranger fans there. I live here in Boston and that is probably your best bet.

BackBayNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:28 PM
  #8
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
With the Bruins out, I don't think it'll be as hostile if you ask to put on the Ranger game. It's Boston, people love Hockey, they'll put it on for you. Just like one poster above said though, you'll have to compete with the Celtics game.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:20 AM
  #9
Alien Valuating
Registered User
 
Alien Valuating's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens via London
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I havent been in Boston itself too much. More on the outskirts. I did watch the game yesterday at a Westin hotel in waltham outside of boston. The bartenders and people there were ok with the rangers game being on, I was watching with my gf's brother. In fact they were talking about how they loved Girardi and how the rangers have so many Americans. Couple weren't big fans of Callahan though they liked that he was American lol. And of course they love Kreider up there. College hockey up there is like college basketball to the rest of the nation. They know the players.

Anyways bottom line is you could probably watch the game in any bar, theyre pretty nice people up there. It is just kinda hit or miss what bar you can express how much of a rangers fan you are or rather how much emotion you show. Some bruins fans are probably rooting for the rangers. My gf just graduated from Bentley University. She was telling me during the caps series they were rooting for the rangers hard
I graduated from Bentley University on Saturday as well and then headed to a bar in Waltham to watch Game 3. Surprisingly there were a few other Rangers fans there as well.

To the OP, I think you posted the same thread on the main board and I replied, but for Rangers games I used to go to Sports Grille Boston right near TD Garden. They had a pretty good hockey crowd (usually Bruins fans), and have every game available to watch.

Alien Valuating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:51 PM
  #10
RangerFanInJersey
Registered User
 
RangerFanInJersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
I've been to Fenway in full Yankee gear on a number of occasions, and have come out unscathed. Obviously I took my fair share of verbal abuse, but nothing too violent. Most of the sox fans I talked to were pretty cool. Even went to a bar across the street from the ballpark where I was one of maybe 3 Yankee fans in the place. We took pictures and everything and the worst that happened was people putting their red sox caps over our heads.

Upon wearing my Ranger jersey up there I usually don't get too many dirty looks from people as compared to wearing it in philly. Either no bruins fans were out that day, or they really don't care as much as people think they do and hype up the boston hockey fans.

RangerFanInJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:55 PM
  #11
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,050
vCash: 500
I'm sorry, are you looking for BARS or BAHS?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:32 PM
  #12
Jax1166
Registered User
 
Jax1166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: I-95
Country: United States
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
I used to say TD Banknorth was a Rangers bar...because when I lived in Boston 2004-2007 that place has more NYR than Bruins fans and nobody gave a damn about hockey!

Bruins fans=Pink hats

Jax1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:05 AM
  #13
emodwarf
Registered User
 
emodwarf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston. Sucks.
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
I used to say TD Banknorth was a Rangers bar...because when I lived in Boston 2004-2007 that place has more NYR than Bruins fans and nobody gave a damn about hockey!

Bruins fans=Pink hats
Boston has a ton of transient and bandwagon fans. When the Patriots sucked, no one cared about them. Then Brady came and everyone loved the Pats. When the Bruins sucked right around when you were living here, tickets were $10 because all Boston cared about was the Red Sox.

To get back on topic, I'd suggest the OP stay away from bars near the Garden actually. Celtics will be playing too and you can bet that will take precedent.

Someone earlier suggested a hotel bar. That actually seems pretty smart to me. Won't be a ton of locals, they'll be accommodating to guests, fewer patrons means theyll be more likely to put the game on for you, etc.

emodwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:26 PM
  #14
gonyr13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Hey I live in Boston (and yes im a die hard rangers fan), i usually go to Brighton area to watch the games if I want to find a bar. Chances are they'll have the volume turned off for the rangers game but some bars don't care. Send me a message on my cell, 339-225-1568. Need to get a rangers fan viewing party in Boston. JUST WIN THESE NEXT 2 GAMES, I CAN'T DEAL WITH GAME 7'S!!!

gonyr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:36 PM
  #15
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonyr13 View Post
Hey I live in Boston (and yes im a die hard rangers fan), i usually go to Brighton area to watch the games if I want to find a bar. Chances are they'll have the volume turned off for the rangers game but some bars don't care. Send me a message on my cell, 339-225-1568. Need to get a rangers fan viewing party in Boston. JUST WIN THESE NEXT 2 GAMES, I CAN'T DEAL WITH GAME 7'S!!!
HA! I am going up there with my woman, but I already told her ... if this goes 7, we must watch the game at a bar.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:23 PM
  #16
BackBayNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
The Green Briar is a cool place to watch the game. I go there for the Boston Jets Fans Meetups during football season and its a really good time. They will definitely put the volume on as well for you. If I stay in town this weekend I'd be down to head there for sure for a possible Game 7 meetup.

BackBayNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:40 PM
  #17
emodwarf
Registered User
 
emodwarf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston. Sucks.
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBayNYR View Post
The Green Briar is a cool place to watch the game. I go there for the Boston Jets Fans Meetups during football season and its a really good time. They will definitely put the volume on as well for you. If I stay in town this weekend I'd be down to head there for sure for a possible Game 7 meetup.
Heck yeah Green Briar! That place is a good time. I'd go too, especially since I live 5 minutes away.

emodwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.