HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carrie Underwood and Husband Mike Fisher Talk With Oprah Winfrey

Old
05-16-2012, 07:13 AM
klt2001

vCash: 500
Carrie Underwood and Husband Mike Fisher Talk With Oprah Winfrey

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...on-own/134182/

I know some of you might not care about this but just thought it might be good publicity for the Predators w/ Mike on the show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bce2cb6a9df911e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg‎ (51.5 KB, 47 views)

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:51 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Oprah is his punishment for missing the net so often in the Yotes series.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:00 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...on-own/134182/

I know some of you might not care about this but just thought it might be good publicity for the Predators w/ Mike on the show.
He outta wipe that smile off his face for his play recently.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:48 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
He outta wipe that smile off his face for his play recently.
He's married to Carrie Underwood. The smile is easily explained.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:16 PM
klt2001

Mike has always been more than just about hockey. Even though I know hockey is very important to him, so is his faith, family, friends, etc. He has a life outside of hockey you know. He has a smile on his face cause he's taking a picture. Plus being depressed about losing isn't going to help the outcome any. He's never won a Stanley Cup in his career so that's been something he would like to achieve before he retires from hockey or no longer plays hockey. So losing I'm sure didn't make him feel great. Wallowing in despair though isn't going to change the outcome.

You can blame Mike all you want for the Preds not winning but the last I checked hockey is a team sport/takes team effort and it was alot of guys not stepping up in that series to help win the game. The only game they won in that series was the one Mike/Legwand scored in not to mention helping out offensively to get the Preds into the playoffs. But guess someone's got to be the whipping boy around here and take the blame. Oh well. Same old same old around here. Can't wait for next year

I do agree that Mike is more of a second or third liner than a first line scorer. I think people were expecting too much from Mike or putting that role on him as a top/elite scorer when he's never been that kind of player imo. Hopefully management can get a true first liner and have Mike as a second or third liner. But I agree, he needed to step up his game in the playoffs and didn't and can be a streaky player. When he's on a roll, he's great and can go through stretches of scoring but when he isn't, he can be bad too and go on scoring droughts. Hopefully he plays better next year in the playoffs if we make the playoffs. But again there were several players that didn't score or step up their game to give the Preds a chance to win or had bad plays and it wasn't just Mike.

Also, before Mike even came to Nashville, Nashville had never even got pass the first round. Since Mike has been w/ Nashville, the Preds have gotten pass the first round twice. Just food for thought. Maybe he's a first round good luck charm if nothing else. Now we just need a second round good luck charm.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-17-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old
05-17-2012, 08:10 PM
dulzhok

I don't have problem with Fisher not scoring in the playoffs-- the effort was there, his offensive confidence was shot.

Fisher was a 3rd line center in Ottawa most of the time. The mistake is thinking he can play as a 1st line center on a consistent basis.

Trotz has gotten a lot of milage out of him, but you can't count on guys like Fisher to carry a team offensively. His getting a ton of ice time. Maybe for spurts things go his way and he puts up decent numbers, but it's not sustainable based on his skill level. Same is true for Legwand, though Legwand's effort is not as consistent as Fishers.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:01 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I don't have problem with Fisher not scoring in the playoffs-- the effort was there, his offensive confidence was shot.

Fisher was a 3rd line center in Ottawa most of the time. The mistake is thinking he can play as a 1st line center on a consistent basis.

Trotz has gotten a lot of milage out of him, but you can't count on guys like Fisher to carry a team offensively. His getting a ton of ice time. Maybe for spurts things go his way and he puts up decent numbers, but it's not sustainable based on his skill level. Same is true for Legwand, though Legwand's effort is not as consistent as Fishers.
I can agree w/ your post. I think Mike's offensive confidence was shot because of the pressure placed on him or that he placed on himself as a first liner to score especially when he was going through a dry spell in scoring towards the end of the season in addition to just the pressure from the playoffs in general. Mike isn't the guy that's going to carry the whole team offensively on his own, especially when he's going through a slump. I think Trotz/Poile need to get a true first liner that can do that (and not just Radulov/Sorry I just wasn't too impressed w/ him scoring wise or to carry the team on his own either. I was more impressed w/ AK than Rads. Maybe if he played w/ the team all year and his play improved as a result it would change my mind. Otherwise still think we need someone else or someone in addition to him who doesn't just pass the puck but actually scores and on a consistent basis...a true scorer or difference maker) and have Fisher on the second or third line to help contribute when/where needed.

But even our top scorer this season, Hornqvist, had a hard time scoring. So there were alot of guys that were ineffective in the playoffs imo. It's funny last year Mike didn't have a great regular season but showed up doing the playoffs and scored alot in the playoffs. This year he had a great regular season but didn't for the playoffs. Hopefully next year we can get him to play great in both the regular season and playoffs. Still we need a true first liner that can be more consistent in scoring. Wonder why Erat didn't take more shots to the net? He obviously has alot of skill to make plays on his own. I think next year they will probably change up the lineup depending on who we get back next year or add to the team.

But w/ the lineup we have now, who do you think is a true first liner? Except for maybe Erat, I'm not seeing one from any of our bunch. Hence maybe that was why Mike and SK were put on the first line to try it out and since they were clicking/scoring that lineup was just kept together. I could maybe see Legwand or AK put into the first line but I still see Legwand/AK as a second liner not first. Guess we could have tried Erat w/ Rads but since both seemed like they were passing more than shooting the puck don't know if it would have been good to have them together. So its not like we had alot of options to put on the first line. Maybe next year will be different, especially if we can get someone in the beginning of the season and not right before the trade deadline or playoffs that actually is a true consistent scorer.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-18-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old
05-18-2012, 10:32 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post

This.

I was pretty mad at Fisher during the playoffs for his lack of offensive contribution (especially since when he came from Ottawa their fans raved about how he's a "playoff warrior")...but when you really think about it, he played well for what his role SHOULD be: a 2nd or 3rd line center. It's not his fault that GMDP and Trotz are trying to pass him off as a first line center.

He was awful on the PP though. Stone hands!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:29 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
He's going to be the best dad in the world according to Carrie.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:24 PM
INDhockeyfan

Fisher took Oprah into the predators locker room even though you don't actually see Oprah just Fisher and Underwood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3FWsSUSrkKg

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:24 PM
klt2001

This comes on tonight at 8:00pm and again on 11:00pm on channel OWN for those that want to watch it.

Old
05-20-2012, 09:09 PM
PredsFanFromla

it is on right now,

PredsFanFromla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:35 PM
AdmiralsFan24

I really need to move to the South. I love that Southern accent.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:15 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
I really need to move to the South. I love that Southern accent.
Underwood is actually from Oklahoma.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:36 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Underwood is actually from Oklahoma.
Still the South.

Old
05-21-2012, 01:26 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Still the South.
I'd say it's more "midwest" than south

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:24 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I'd say it's more "midwest" than south
U.S. Census Bureau disagrees with you.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
U.S. Census Bureau disagrees with you.

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:38 PM
NoNecksCurse

I don't care what us census bureau says... oklahoma is far from the south

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:13 PM
AdmiralsFan24

I'm not sure how it isn't considered the South. It's not the Southeast but it's the South.

Old
05-21-2012, 05:43 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I dont consider Oklahoma or Texas the south.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
I'm not sure how it isn't considered the South. It's not the Southeast but it's the South.
That's the truth

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Legionnaire11

"The South" is the southeast.

Most of Kentucky and Arkansas, Some of Missouri (tiny bit) and Virginia as well as The northern part of Florida. Then all of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi.

Oklahoma is heartland if there's a word to describe it, similar sure, but not "The South"

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote