HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will there be a BIG Move this offseason?

Old
05-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
He didn't even say he wants Mez to be gone, he only said he sees that. Frankly, I don't see compelling evidence that would make this an impossibility, either.
What wouldn't be an impossibility?

Giroux 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Flyers2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
I think he's a good enough playmaker to score 25 goals and 50 assists. The end of last season and into the playoffs he was at about a PPG.

On the Voracek comment, I really don't want to trade Voracek, because I see him as a player who is going to be a star in this league. I hope they have patience to sign him and keep him in Philadelphia for a long time.
Jake stays here!!!!!

Flyers2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:03 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Why? Whyyyyyyyy? If anybody on the d needs to go its Carle. And we don't need ****ing Parise.
If Carle wants too much money I am sure they will let him walk. I personally don't see Mez being worth his contract anymore with the way he has played the last two years. Then again you can thank that to Lavy's system because Mez has been playing that way pretty great, but that way also gives up multiple 2 on 1 chances against the Flyers. I said to get rid of JVR if they wanted Parise because he was mentioned earlier in the thread. I have zero hope for Parise but I could see Homer trying to get him because he seems to always go after top players when they become available.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:04 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2112 View Post
Jake stays here!!!!!
For sure. No chance Voracek will be gone this off season. He has the grit, defensive play and the play-making skill that would be great to put with a player like Giroux next season.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:08 PM
mercury

Assuming a $68-69 million cap, I want this:

1. Jagr, Kubina, Carle, and Betts = gone

2. Bob and Shelley to Tampa Bay (or anyone else interested) for a 2012 or 2013 2nd

3. Voracek re-signed at ~$3 million per and Bourdon re-signed at $1 million per

3. Ryan Suter ($6.8-7 million per), Scott Hannan ($1.2-1.5 million per), Taylor Pyatt ($1-1.3 million per), and Martin Biron (~$1 million per) signed

Hartnell-Giroux-JVR
Briere-Schenn-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Voracek
Pyatt-Talbot-Wellwood
Rinaldo

Suter-Timonen
Grossmann-Coburn
Meszaros-Hannan
Bourdon, Lilja

Bryz
Biron

And we'd have enough space to add an affordable veteran scoring forward at the deadline (for which the extra pick would help). If we can't win with that lineup, I give up.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Assuming a $68-69 million cap, I want this:

1. Jagr, Kubina, Carle, and Betts = gone

2. Bob and Shelley to Tampa Bay (or anyone else interested) for a 2012 or 2013 2nd

3. Voracek re-signed at ~$3 million per and Bourdon re-signed at $1 million per

3. Ryan Suter ($6.8-7 million per), Scott Hannan ($1.2-1.5 million per), Taylor Pyatt ($1-1.3 million per), and Martin Biron (~$1 million per) signed

Hartnell-Giroux-JVR
Briere-Schenn-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Voracek
Pyatt-Talbot-Wellwood
Rinaldo

Suter-Timonen
Grossmann-Coburn
Meszaros-Hannan
Bourdon, Lilja

Bryz
Biron

And we'd have enough space to add an affordable veteran scoring forward at the deadline (for which the extra pick would help). If we can't win with that lineup, I give up.
I like this but with out Hannan, what about guillaume latendresse instead? I think he could be a huge steal right now

Old
05-20-2012, 09:28 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
I like this but with out Hannan, what about guillaume latendresse instead? I think he could be a huge steal right now
I think he would be more expensive, yes? I like the idea of a big forward (hence Pyatt on the cheap), but I think it's more important to have 8 legit NHL defensemen. We are usually down 1 or 2 defensemen at any given time, and always in the playoffs.

Old
05-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Quote:
I think he would be more expensive, yes? I like the idea of a big forward (hence Pyatt on the cheap), but I think it's more important to have 8 legit NHL defensemen. We are usually down 1 or 2 defensemen at any given time, and always in the playoffs.
The thing is he played 22 games in the past 2 season cause of injuries, his salary was 2.3mill that could easily be 1.5 after those two years

Old
05-20-2012, 09:58 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
The thing is he played 22 games in the past 2 season cause of injuries, his salary was 2.3mill that could easily be 1.5 after those two years
I'd want to avoid someone that banged up. Is Bertuzzi a UFA? He is big and used to be mean.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:02 AM
hof2120

Quote:
I'd want to avoid someone that banged up. Is Bertuzzi a UFA? He is big and used to be mean.
If not him, we should at least try to sign Steve Moor-....****.

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:16 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
The only player I see going is Mez along with Lavy. You can also let Jagr walk and put Voracek with Giroux and Hartnell. Mez and Jagr going would free up 7 million in cap room plus if the cap goes up to 69 million that would give the Flyers a lot of wiggle room.

If they want to bring in Parise they would have to trade JVR to do it.
Ok so they let Lavy go and what kind of coaches are out there that could replace him?

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:23 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
Ok so they let Lavy go and what kind of coaches are out there that could replace him?
Dallas Eakins is one. He is coaching the Marlies in the AHL right now and I'm sure there are others, maybe not big names, but guys in junior or the AHL are always around.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:27 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
The only move we need to make is a no. 1 dman and a defensive forward (Gaustad, Slater, or Stoll). We don't need to do anything else...yet. So stop suggesting stupid-ass knee-jerk reaction things like trading Briere, Simmonds, and getting a new coach. What if Boston fired Julien after 2010? What if Tortorella got fired after not making it out of the first round last season?
How is trading briere knee jerk? He is signed forever for likely the same amount it would take to get a much better player.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 09:00 PM
pughater

big move is leighton is off the books and we will never ever see him in orange and black

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 09:02 PM
hof2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by pughater View Post
big move is leighton is off the books and we will never ever see him in orange and black
Until Homer throws a 10 year deal his way.

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pughater View Post

Old
05-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
Until Homer throws a 10 year deal his way.
Don't jinx it....

Old
05-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Reaper1097

My prediction is that Shea Weber is a Flyer next season.

I think the flyers will over pay to get him, both in terms of players to Nashville and in the amount of money they sign Weber for but after next season when Hartnell and Timonen come off the books they will be ok salary cap wise.

I can see the flyers basically telling Nashville here are the forwards available and the defensmen available, pick one of each along with any two of our prospects, oh and we will throw in 2 1st round picks... so who do you want??

Reaper1097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:36 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1097 View Post
My prediction is that Shea Weber is a Flyer next season.

I think the flyers will over pay to get him, both in terms of players to Nashville and in the amount of money they sign Weber for but after next season when Hartnell and Timonen come off the books they will be ok salary cap wise.

I can see the flyers basically telling Nashville here are the forwards available and the defensmen available, pick one of each along with any two of our prospects, oh and we will throw in 2 1st round picks... so who do you want??
I'd really like to bring in Weber, but we have to remember the Flyers, the Flyers don't want to bid against themselves.

I'd like to get it done for
JVR
Meszaros
2 1st Round Picks

I don't know if that would get it done, but you have to wonder if Weber will sign with the Predators if they can only get a 1-year deal this off season. With Suter gone, will that mean Weber is in line for a big pay day in Nashville or will Weber not come back to a team he doesn't see as a cap team that is committed to bringing in and retaining talent.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Why? Whyyyyyyyy? If anybody on the d needs to go its Carle. And we don't need ****ing Parise.
The fascination with Parise is the kind of player he is. He fore checks his ass off for a guy barely standing 6' tall(if that). He is an all heart and soul player that would look great playing next to Giroux for the next 5-7 years(better than Voracek, and I like Voracek a lot). If the Flyers strike out on Suter, they can shoot for Parise. Parise is the exact player Lavy and Homer would love for their high octane fore checking system.

And as I was writing this I was going to say if Lavy is let go what about Joe Patterson, but he just got fired lol. I like Lavy and he should stay, good coach he gets too much **** around here. Every coach loses and makes bad decisions, but he has proven he can take a team to the cup and win it all. He just got a new roster to work with, let him have more then a year with them before throwing him under the bus.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:15 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
The fascination with Parise is the kind of player he is. He fore checks his ass off for a guy barely standing 6' tall(if that). He is an all heart and soul player that would look great playing next to Giroux for the next 5-7 years(better than Voracek, and I like Voracek a lot). If the Flyers strike out on Suter, they can shoot for Parise. Parise is the exact player Lavy and Homer would love for their high octane fore checking system.

And as I was writing this I was going to say if Lavy is let go what about Joe Patterson, but he just got fired lol. I like Lavy and he should stay, good coach he gets too much **** around here. Every coach loses and makes bad decisions, but he has proven he can take a team to the cup and win it all. He just got a new roster to work with, let him have more then a year with them before throwing him under the bus.
I don't think Paise is going to leave NJ if they ake a run to the Stanley Cup...which is looking likely.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
I don't think Paise is going to leave NJ if they ake a run to the Stanley Cup...which is looking likely.
I agree with that, but if he does hit the market, the Flyers are always interested. Last off season they weren't really interested in Brad Richards though, but that might be because of the overturn of the team. They also went and got Jagr though. What i'm trying to say is that they are always big players in the UFA market, with most of the times landing their main target.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:31 PM
dawkins121

Quote:
Or he rides the success to a nice payday somewhere else. If he really loves playing in Jersey you'd think he would have signed an extension last year instead of a 1 year deal just to get him to unrestricted free agency.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote