HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parise’s dad says son would “fit right in” with Rangers

Old
05-20-2012, 09:40 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Sign Parise. Trade Dubi + for a nice young forward. Tarasenko? St. Louis could use a player like Dubinsky. A veteran but still young, hard nosed game who can play the PP, PK. He hits he fights. And if he can return to form which I think he will, he can put up 25 goals.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Sign Parise. Trade Dubi + for a nice young forward. Tarasenko? St. Louis could use a player like Dubinsky. A veteran but still young, hard nosed game who can play the PP, PK. He hits he fights. And if he can return to form which I think he will, he can put up 25 goals.
There is no way Dubinsky gets us Tarasenko.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:10 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

My NHL 12-esque moves that would make me really happy:

Gaborik+ for Rick Nash
Sign Parise
Trade Dubinsky for picks/prospects
Sign David Jones

Kreider-Richards-Nash
Parise - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Anisimov - Jones
Prust - Boyle - Rupp

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:16 PM
SnowblindNYR

It really pains me how many people want to get rid of our best forward this year in the regular season. If it wasn't for him we don't get the 8 and 7 seeds in the first two rounds and start the playoffs on the road. I know he's been somewhat disappointing in 2 of 3 series. But Richards has been nowhere to be found against the Devils and wasn't much better than Gabby against Ottawa either.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers brass shied away from Tarasenko two years ago. He is still making up his mind over staying in the KHL or playing here. The Blues have essentially guaranteed him a spot on the NHL roster and he is still undecided.

Its amazing people want more big names with big contracts. That's not how the Rangers have been built.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 50
no doubt , parise is a good player but for some reason he rubs me the wrong way .

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:17 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: May 21, 2012 11:09a

Still no decision from Vladimir Tarasenko...some (not the Blues) are encouraging him to decide within the next week or so #stlblues #KHL

sent via Twitter for Android
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/andystrickland/st...89759086080000

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Its amazing people want more big names with big contracts. That's not how the Rangers have been built.

If we didn't sign TWO big name, big contract players (Brad and Gabby), we'd be out of the playoffs.

We were the third-worst offensive team to make the playoffs this year in the Eastern Conference. Gabby and Brad scored 66 goals, plus created more goals with their assists and other plays. Whoever replaced them from within the system or as a low-priced UFA would have scored significantly less.

Would it be fair to say that without them we would have at least 24 goals less? I think so. And that would make us the lowest scoring team in the East. I think this would mean we'd be out of the playoffs, if not at the end of the regular season (most likely), then after 4 playoff games. Even when Brad and Gabby aren't scoring, they are taking on the opposition's top checkers, who would instead be facing Stepan and Callahan, making those players that much less effective.

Also, while Lundqvist was drafted rather than acquired, he too is a big name with a big contract. Being a big name with a big contract does not necessarily make one harmful to the team.

If we add Parise, we will add an additional 15-20 goals to the team's total offensive output. Going from the worst offensive playoff team in the East to a middling one would not be the worst thing in the world.

And what about re-signing others like McDonagh and Stepan? For one, it's not a concern this year and we'll deal with when we get there. Meanwhile we can win the Cup in 2013. And two, Dubinsky, Feds, Woywitka and Redden's lower cap hit would give us the money we'd need to sign Parise without raising our current hit... and we'd get nice picks/prospects for Dubi in any trade.

There might be other ways to save by the time we get to the 2013-14 season. Yogan or Lindberg could possibly replace Boyle, saving us cap space. St. Croix or Miller could replace Anisimov. Not saying it will happen, both are unlikely, but it's not impossible. We'll deal with the 2013-14 season when we get there. You don't blow a chance to be the Cup favorite next year if you have the chance to do it, when Gaborik is already at the end of his contract and Brad isn't getting any younger.

Depending on how our youth develops, it could be that by 2014-15, if we don't have Parise, we don't have anyone approaching point per game, and the aging Lundqvist is forced to play with the knowledge that giving up 2 goals means a likely defeat and 3 goals means an almost certain loss.

Last edited by Beacon: 05-21-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:26 AM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
If we didn't sign TWO big name, big contract players (Brad and Gabby), we'd be out of the playoffs.

We were the worst offensive team to make the playoffs this year in the Eastern Conference. Gabby and Brad scored 66 goals, plus created more goals with their assists and other plays. Whoever replaced them from within the system or as a low-priced UFA would have scored significantly less.

Would it be fair to say that without them we would have at least 24 goals less? I think so. And that would make us the lowest scoring team in the East. I think this would mean we'd be out of the playoffs, if not at the end of April (most likely), then after 4 playoff games. Even when Brad and Gabby aren't scoring, they are taking on the opposition's top checkers, who would instead be facing Stepan and Callahan, making those players that much less effective.

Also, while Lundqvist was drafted rather than acquired, he too is a big name with a big contract. Being a big name with a big contract does not necessarily make one harmful to the team.

If we add Parise, we will add an additional 15-20 goals to the team's total offensive output. Going from the worst offensive playoff team in the East to a middling one would not be the worst thing in the world.

And what about re-signing others? 1. We'll deal with when we get there; 2. Dubinsky, Prust, Feds, Woywitka and Redden's lower cap hit would be more than the money we'd need to sign Parise... and we'd get nice picks/prospects for Dubi in any trade.
The Rangers weren't even close to the worst Eastern Conference team to make the playoffs offensively this season.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...wName=goalsFor

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:28 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
The Rangers weren't even close to the worst Eastern Conference team to make the playoffs offensively this season.

haha, yeah seriously. We were bad but not THAT bad

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:35 AM
NYR Viper

I am going to go on record as saying that Zach Parise will be a Ranger. I get the same exact feeling I got before Gaborik hit UFA. It makes too much sense from the way he plays, the fact that the Rangers were his favorite team, the position he plays and the need for more offense on a team already a stalwart defensively. His age. His connections with Stepan in the summer.

I just think it will happen....

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:36 AM
LordsCup*

Quote:
LoL really?

LordsCup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:37 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I am going to go on record as saying that Zach Parise will be a Ranger. I get the same exact feeling I got before Gaborik hit UFA. It makes too much sense from the way he plays, the fact that the Rangers were his favorite team, the position he plays and the need for more offense on a team already a stalwart defensively. His age. His connections with Stepan in the summer.

All comes down to who is available. If Parise is the best offensive talent up for grabs, Rangers will push hard and I agree he will want to come here.

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:38 AM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
haha, yeah seriously. We were bad but not THAT bad
Exactly.

If he wanted to claim it *would have* been the worst of the Eastern Conf. playoff teams without Richards and Gaborik, I think that would have been a much fairer point to make. What he claimed was a pure exaggeration though and not factually accurate.

Everyone on this board understands this team's goal scoring deficiencies. There's no need to exaggerate or embellish them any to make a point.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings/_/s...ntsFor/group/2

Sorry, I looked at it wrong on ESPN. I thought the line was for playoff teams, and it's just for team #8 in offense. Either way, we are third-worst in the East among playoff teams.

We are also only 23 goals above the bottom-team in the East. I think without Brad and Gabby, who got 66 goals and 142 points combined, we are the lowest scoring team in the whole East, non-playoff teams included.

Last edited by Beacon: 05-21-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old
05-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

delete

Old
05-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:

interesting stats , thanks.

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:46 AM
irishlaxburger2

Not sure what's up with that ESPN table, but I do know if you look under "Goals For" under the Standings on NHL.com, NJ will be in front of us because they count shootout winning "goals" towards goals for. If you look at the actual stats though (as I posted), they don't count those and we're in front of the Devils.

Either way, I think your overall point was fair. We're not a team that regularly drafts in the lottery so getting goal scoring has been tough outside of free agency. I have no problem taking on a guy like Parise because he's relatively low risk and he's a perfect fit for the system.

The guy isn't some inconsistent floater, nor is he just a point getter. He brings intangibles and solid play in all zones. Not to mention he's a playoff performer and can score in the clutch. Plus you probably won't have to worry about his transition to NYC.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:48 AM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
ESPN has us as the worst, and NHL as the second worst. It's either not an exaggeration or not much of one.
NHL has us 5th out of 8th

Old
05-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:

I've read numerous times on this board that Zach hates the Rangers, and always has?

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:33 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Sign Parise. Trade Dubi + for a nice young forward.
Close.

Just trade Dubi for parts, picks, prospects, etc. He should still garner a decent return. A 2nd and a decent prospect and I'm happy. Tarasenko is out of the question. I'm thinking more like MSP at the high end or Tyler Pitlick on the low.

I'd be ecstatic if they landed rights to Schultz and a 2nd then signed Parise as a UFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I've read numerous times on this board that Zach hates the Rangers, and always has?
Yeah, from Devil fans.
Do you think Krieder hates the Rangers because he's a Bruin fan?
Holik played as physical and tough a game as anyone not named Stevens between the two clubs and he didn't hesitate to switch.
Players like salaries and winning.

It's not often a player like Parise hits free agency and the trend has been for it to become more rare. When a player like him is available as a UFA, everyone is interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers brass shied away from Tarasenko two years ago. He is still making up his mind over staying in the KHL or playing here. The Blues have essentially guaranteed him a spot on the NHL roster and he is still undecided.

Ranger's wouldn't be where they are without Richards and Gaborik. You don't pass up the chance to add players like them and Parise plays the game the way the Rangers do.

Last edited by vipernsx: 05-21-2012 at 12:40 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:42 PM
NYR Viper

I believe in his draft year, Parise stated he was a Ranger fan. I believe it was known he wanted to be chosen by the Rangers. They took Jessiman instead.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
The guy isn't some inconsistent floater, nor is he just a point getter. He brings intangibles and solid play in all zones. Not to mention he's a playoff performer and can score in the clutch. Plus you probably won't have to worry about his transition to NYC.

Not to mention that this would send our rival into the NHL basement. They have 11 UFAs this year and 6 more next year, plus 2 more RFAs. Kovalchuk and Volchenkov can't carry the team all by themselves.

Old
05-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Ofcourse the rangers want parise, every team in the nhl should. That being said does parise want us, and can we fit him. My gut is im not sure and its risky but we have room. Also, I think daddy wants little zach to hop to the other side of the river where the big boys play. Much more money a few miles away, endorsements and such.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
I believe in his draft year, Parise stated he was a Ranger fan. I believe it was known he wanted to be chosen by the Rangers. They took Jessiman instead.
Wouldnt he be a wild fan or something? Who does want to get drafted by new jersey lol

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote