Top 5 Germans in 2004 entry draft.

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 05:01 PM
X-SHARKIE

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Top 5 Germans in 2004 entry draft.

Hi everyone out there in Germany. Over the past few years now the Sharks have been taking a big liking into German born prospects. Ehrhoff,Patzold,Goc,Ehelchner ect.

So It's safe to say there going to nab one in the draft next year. Can any of you guys tell me the big names to watch out for and how the play? That well be eligible for the 2004 entry draft.

Also what do you guys think of Kai Hospolt Sp?

Also is Patrick Ehelchner or Patzold going to be the better goalie in there prime?

Thanks in advance.

Old
11-13-2003, 03:04 PM
rbeeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-SHARKIE
Hi everyone out there in Germany. Over the past few years now the Sharks have been taking a big liking into German born prospects. Ehrhoff,Patzold,Goc,Ehelchner ect.

So It's safe to say there going to nab one in the draft next year. Can any of you guys tell me the big names to watch out for and how the play? That well be eligible for the 2004 entry draft.

Also what do you guys think of Kai Hospolt Sp?

Also is Patrick Ehelchner or Patzold going to be the better goalie in there prime?

Thanks in advance.
I am not an expert on this topic, but I try and follow German hockey and their prospects as best as possible. There are a few Germans that may be drafted, but nobody knows for sure.

The one guy that some feel will be drafted by the sharks is Markus Kink. I do not know much about him except for that he is suppossed to have some offensive upside. However, he hasnt made an impact on his DEL team, Koeln.

There were a few other prospects, namely Frank Hoerdler and Patrick Koslow, but they are long shots at best. Of course there is also the chance that an overage German may be drafted if the team feels he would make the move to NA.
A
problem I have noticed is that many young German players that come up from the junior leagues are often stuck behind NA veterans in the DEL. This doesnt give them a chance to have a breakout season and impress scouts. Furthermore it prohibits development, often setting these prospects back tremendously.

Any other, more knowledgable people care to share info?

Old
11-13-2003, 03:39 PM
Hellström

Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Kink is a good choice.

Defenseman Felix Pettermann (Nurnberg) could be worth a pick.
Florian Busch of the Polarbears Berlin is intersting, too.

Goalie: Patrick Koslow (but i don´t believe in him) and maybe Danny Aus Den Birken (don´t think that he´ll be drafted).

I´d go with Kink, Busch and Pettermann and maybe one overager (Furchner or Ullmann for example)

Old
11-14-2003, 04:37 AM
EHCler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakos
Kink is a good choice.

Defenseman Felix Pettermann (Nurnberg) could be worth a pick.
Florian Busch of the Polarbears Berlin is intersting, too.

Goalie: Patrick Koslow (but i don´t believe in him) and maybe Danny Aus Den Birken (don´t think that he´ll be drafted).

I´d go with Kink, Busch and Pettermann and maybe one overager (Furchner or Ullmann for example)
I think that is about the list of players who have a chance. I only expext that 2-3 german players will be drafted.

Old
11-14-2003, 05:34 AM
rbeeler

Any updates on past draftees?

How are Stefan Schauer, Kai Hospelt, and Sulzer (I know he had an unfortunate incident earlier in the year) playing? Any chance of Schauer coming to NA next year?

Old
11-14-2003, 05:35 AM
NashvillePredators

vCash:
Don't forget the german U-18 Goalie Thomas Greiss (Cologne). Forward Florian Busch (Berlin) could be another good choice.

Old
11-14-2003, 08:37 AM
EHCler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeeler
Any updates on past draftees?

How are Stefan Schauer, Kai Hospelt, and Sulzer (I know he had an unfortunate incident earlier in the year) playing? Any chance of Schauer coming to NA next year?
Lewandowski is playing a very good season so far with 13 points in 18 games. Considering his highest total is 22 points in 59 games.

Hospelt is not playing bad but he just does not get the icetime he needs, in my eyes he should have gone over to NA to play OHL or CHL, same counts for Kink.

I do not see Schauer going to NA next season, I do not think he would even make the AHL at the moment. If I compare him to Schubert, Erhoff and Seidenberg he is just nowhere close to their performances in the DEL.

I rate Sulzer higher than Schauer if he gets down and works hard on himself he could go to NA maybe in 2-3 years, as he has the talent and size to be a good defenseman but that is not enough, his work ethics are sometimes criticised. His preformances especially defensively are not very good so far.

Old
11-14-2003, 08:27 PM
mkc2

Y. Seidenberg should have a chance.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Tronador

2004 entry draft

Hi EH-Fans!!!

In my opinion, Markus Kink and Florian Busch have the best chances to be drafted next year.
But definitely Y.Seidenberg, Frank Hördler, Felix Petermann and P.Koslow have very good chances.

Also very talented are Simon Danner(born in 1986,Freiburg(DEL), 10 games this season in the DEL), Daniel Pietta(born in 1986, Krefeld P., leader of the DNL with 28 points in 10 games!!!also 5 games in the DEL), Andre Rankel, Marco Schütz, Fabio Carciola, Ulrich Maurer(born in 1985 , SC Riessersee,in 14 games 5 goals, 3 assists, 8 points ), Alexander Feistl(born in 1985,Landshut C., 16 ga. 2 goals, 4 a. 6 p.)

overaged players: 1.Daniel Kreutzer(born 1979, 12goals 11assists 23points in only 19 games for Düsseldorfer EG)2.Josef Menauer(born 1983, 4g. 3a. 7points in 20 games)

greetings from Berlin

but sorry for my bad English

Old
11-15-2003, 07:01 AM
rbeeler

Coupled of questions....

1. Schauer and Sulzer - Would these two have been better served coming to NA directly after the draft to play junior hockey? It seems few young German prospects get the ice time needed for development of skills. Would it be possible for these two, and guys like Hospelt and Kink to sign with lesser talented teams in order to see more ice time?

2. Are any of the younger prospects (Hospelt, Sulzer, Schauer) expected to make the national team anytime soon (a la Ehrhoff, Schubert, etc).

3. What is the state of ice hockey in Germany? In particular youth programs and developmental leagues. I would like to see German remain the 8th hockey national, hopefully they can keep developing more young prospects.

Old
11-15-2003, 07:30 AM
EHCler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeeler
Coupled of questions....

1. Schauer and Sulzer - Would these two have been better served coming to NA directly after the draft to play junior hockey? It seems few young German prospects get the ice time needed for development of skills. Would it be possible for these two, and guys like Hospelt and Kink to sign with lesser talented teams in order to see more ice time?

In my eyes it would be good for many of them, depends what teams they play for and how good the competition is. For Schubert, Erhoff and Seidenberg it was better to stay in Germany for some time as they got good playing time on their teams and also played special teams.

2. Are any of the younger prospects (Hospelt, Sulzer, Schauer) expected to make the national team anytime soon (a la Ehrhoff, Schubert, etc).

Schauer and Sulzer have chances and Schauer has played for the national team already as the Germans have do not have that many good defenseman especially when the 3 in the NA can not be included in the squad. Hospelt has no chance at present as we have quite a few good forwards.

3. What is the state of ice hockey in Germany? In particular youth programs and developmental leagues. I would like to see German remain the 8th hockey national, hopefully they can keep developing more young prospects.
The problem in Germany is that in most areas there are just not enough hockey facilities, so many young kids can not train often enough or do not play hockey. It is changing in some places but still not enough. The main Junior league has the problem that the difference between the good teams and bad teams is just to big and therefore the kids do not get challanged enough. Compared to the state 5-6 Years ago the state of german hockey has improved a lot I think we can stabilice to be a Top 8-10 in the world, we we more or less have been for the last 40 years exept short time in the 90ies but to achieve more a lot of money DEB does not have has to go into the development of the game.

Old
11-15-2003, 07:51 AM
Sanderson

Sulzer should have stayed in Hamburg, he was getting enough IT and was on the first PK-unit.

Young German players usually have a contract with a so called "Förderlizenz", which allows them to play for teams in lower divisions even though they are under contract with a DEL-team.
The DEL teams can call them up when they need them, or send them down when they don't. Similar to the North American farmteam-system.
The difference is that most of the DEL teams don't have one farmteam but loan players to different teams.

Berlin, Mannheim, Cologne and some more have their own Juniorteams as farmteams, but can also send players elsewhere.

2. Schauer just played his first few games for the national team in the "Deutschland Cup". I don't think Hospelt (and Kink) will make the team soon, they just started to play fulltime in the DEL and although Hans Zach is their coach he wouldn't nominate them, because there are too many better players right now.

3. Germany has developement league (DNL) and other junior leagues, but it is not anywhere near Russia, Czech Rep., Slovakia, Sweden, Finland or Switzerland.

Old
11-17-2003, 05:35 PM
JoeLH

It will be interesting if Sulzer or Schauer can make it to NA. Both have solid skills but have to improve a lot. In comparison to Ehrhoff, Seidenberg or Schubert in the same age, they have no significant scoring touch. So it is much more difficult to predict, if they can perhaps grow into a stay-at-home role on NHL-level or even can develop a decent ability to score one day.

In my opinion, Felix Petermann should be better than Sulzer and Schauer in the future. His work ethic is great and he already checks very hard. In a very short time he developed from a player in the 3rd german league to a solid DEL-defender who has the sky as limit, regarding his talent. I'm sure that he can show his offensive skills, too, when he is totaly assimilated to the speed in the top german league.

Eddy Lewandowski, who already had a contract offer from Phoenix in the summer, should go to NA quite soon.
Daniel Kreutzer is a strong forward, who can also make it in the NHL. His size could let some scouts say "no", but Kreutzer shows every night in the DEL and also has shown against NHL-players at the WC that he can fight - and score - against every high sized defensman in the world. He is a real heart-and-soul-player.

Hospelt struggled a bit, in the first two months of the season, like his team Cologne with Team Germany coach Hans Zach as head coach. But in the past weeks, the Haie are getting better and better, and also Hospelt should.

Old
11-18-2003, 03:08 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc2
Y. Seidenberg should have a chance.
I'm pretty sure, if Yannick gets drafted this year it will change the minds of coming German talents.

Old
11-19-2003, 12:35 AM
Tronador

Lewandowski

Hello!!

Yesterday Eduard Lewandowski scored one goal and made 2 assists in the game between Cologne and Hanover in front of 13.233 fans.(8:6-victory for Cologne).
Moreover Markus Kink had an assist.

Greetings from Berlin

Tronador

Old
11-19-2003, 08:21 AM
JoeLH

My Top 5 for 2004:

LW Daniel Kreutzer (24 yrs old, DEG Metro Stars)

G Oliver Jonas (24, Berlin Polar Bears)

D Felix Petermann (19, Nuernberg IceTigers)

C Christoph Ullmann (20, Mannheim Eagles)

LW Yannick Seidenberg (19, Medicine Hat Tigers)

Old
11-19-2003, 09:07 AM
Hellström

Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Isn´t Oliver Jonas a Free Agent in NA ?

He did play in his draft years in NA (18-20), so i think they consider him a free agent (Toni Söderholm for example is a european free agent).

Can´t give a top5, but i think that 3-6 germans will be picked.

Petermann, Busch, Ullmann, Kink are the frontrunners.

Kreutzer with an outside shot like Y.Seidenberg. Maybe some teams consider picking Blank, Pietta, Carciola, Hoerdler, Greiss and Feistl. (don´t know if all of these guys are born before September 15th 1985..)

Old
11-19-2003, 10:51 AM
JoeLH

i think you're right! jonas played four years for harvard, where he went to college, so he should be free agent.

Greiss? I don't think so, he is not good enough ...

Old
11-24-2003, 11:35 PM
Zorin

Send a message via ICQ to Zorin
I don't think that Pietta is yet eligable! He is born sometime december 86, so still 16!
To my mind he is a definate pic in 05, cause I count on him to get a fixed roster spot in Krefeld next year. He displayed a lot of poise in his stays with the DEL-team and coaches Goring/Clark are VERY high on him (I talked to them myself). But again, I doubt he will be drafted 04 cause as far as I know he is not eligable!

Another Name that was not yet on the table is Adrian Grygiel. He seems to get going this year in terms of scoring. He has a lot of potential is probably amongst the top 10 if not top 5 skaters in the league. He has a cannon of a shot but struggles to get it off in time. He has good offensive moves and loves to throw the body around. The downside is his lack of defense at whiles (but he works on it and meanwhile even gehs PK-Icetime) and his lack of size. 5'11'' is not too much....
Anyway I could see an NHL team loving his potential and making him a long term Projekt. All he needs is a real breakthrough season. He is a 1983-guy and already has two entire (and one half) seasons of DEL-experience under his belt.

Zorin

Closed Thread