HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCF Gm#4, 5/20/12 : COYOTES defeat KINGS 2-0, Kings Lead Series 3-1 ...

Old
05-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Scottkmlps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
Is there a site that keeps track of how many goaltender interference's Smith has drawn this season? Smith had a great game but him drawing these penalties is driving me nuts.
That Williams goaltender interference was brutal. It's if anyone lays a finger on Smith, it's interference. All the while Quick is getting bulled over (Game 1 & Vrbata game 3) and no calls were made. It's become a ****ing joke.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
I blame everyone that hasn't jumped onboard with a 2012 Kings Playoff Avatar yet ... some of you said after a lose you'd ditch your Old Avatar from 1954 or your CLOWnE GOAT avatar's or ???? ... yeah well, they lost, so let's step it up before Tuesday
Says the guy that posted the Game DAY Thread the night before the game.

Kings will be fine once the GDT is posted on the correct day.

I also jumped on the avatar bandwagon the past 2 playoffs and that didn't work out so well.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:26 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Heaven forbid anyone have the audacity to question the almighty Quick. The Kings might not have scored in regulation, but that game should haven't ended after the third period. Quick has looked shaky all series. Over-committing to shots. Scrambling too much in the crease. Booting huge rebounds into the slot. Fortunately it hadn't come back to bite the team until yesterday since the team played so well in front of him the first 3 games.
While I generally agree with you, your comments are exaggerated. Quick feeds off of work, and he hasn't had much of it this series. He gets a little rusty when he's sitting around in the crease. The Yotes didn't have a shot for the first 7 minutes - and only 3 through 14 minutes last night.

The whole team looked sleepy and out of sorts... Quick only allowed 2 goals. He gets a pass because he gave the team a chance to win - he can't score goals for the team.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Yep, you nailed it. I'm a huge bandwagon fan. Totally 100% riding the Kings' jockstrap for this playoff run only. How many points does it count for when they score the ball into the net again?

Heaven forbid anyone have the audacity to question the almighty Quick. The Kings might not have scored in regulation, but that game should haven't ended after the third period. Quick has looked shaky all series. Over-committing to shots. Scrambling too much in the crease. Booting huge rebounds into the slot. Fortunately it hadn't come back to bite the team until yesterday since the team played so well in front of him the first 3 games.
Chazz,

I know your not a Kings bandwagoner but you should also know Quick's style, he over commits all the time. He is super athletic and he makes some incredible saves because of that. He is cat like not your play the angles with little movement like Bernier. He is more like Thomas and last time I looked he has a cup and a MVP. Also if you think he should have stopped the 2nd goal then you deserve this too

Oh and I don't think Quick is almighty he does have weakness like every single person in the world. He is not good at playing the puck and he can get off on angle from time to time but overall he is a top 5 goalie.

You have to understand when someone like Quick who has been a big part of why the Kings are in the conference final and then the team loses one game you come in and basically blast him, some of us get defensive.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
That Williams goaltender interference was brutal. It's if anyone lays a finger on Smith, it's interference. All the while Quick is getting bulled over (Game 1 & Vrbata game 3) and no calls were made. It's become a ****ing joke.
Scottkmlps,

This is why Tippett goes on post game interviews and says what he says. It is all posturing for the next game. Hey go on the Yotes board and they are all complaining about the missed calls on the Kings. So as the saying goes it depends on what color glasses your wearing.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Fishhead

Fly to Phoenix. Make adjustments. Win.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Fly to Phoenix. Make adjustments. Win.
Amen

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:23 AM
onlyalad

So that is what it is like when your team loses. I had forgotten. Well hopefully they don't do that again soon.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
You're not going to win every game. Kings had their chances but couldn't capitalize. It happens.

Quick hasn't been playing his best hockey all playoffs. Stats can be deceiving.
Maybe not his best, but he was right near the top of his game vs Vancouver.

Vs St Louis he had a knack of making some saves he had no business making, then letting in goals he should be saving

Now against PHX he is understandably finding it tough. He is only facing 5 shots a period, and we all know from watching him for 3 years, that he struggles a lot more against a low number of shots than against a high number

not worried about the loss though, every team gets shutout every now and again, this is the first time the Kings have been shutout in something like 20 games. I can take that, and its better to do it when up 3-0 than in the finals

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Kings had plenty of opportunities to net one goal and get back in this one, but they just didn't have the same time of hunger, effort and killer instinct that we saw from them in previous games. They weren't in on those second and third chances to bury the puck past Smith. Give credit to Smith and the Coyotes for weathering the storm.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Duc620

Does Lombardi have to be fired now?

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
Trade Kopitar and Brown!!!

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:24 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
I think everyone will feel a LOT better when that 4th game is won.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:25 PM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Honestly, I think for the first 50 minutes they maybe weren't great, but they were good enough to win. They had some chances, especially early in the game, to bury some goals. They were on the doorstep a couple of times.

Quick...I don't really fault him for those goals to be honest. First goal, Doan gets right to the net, no confrontation. That's difficult. He could've saved it, and it wouldn't have been spectacular or anything, but you can't let a skilled player like Doan just go right to the net. He has been a BIT shaky in this series (although I thought he was extremely solid in his shutout, body language and everything was just great; he was firmly in control and even a better effort from Phoenix...doubt they would've beat him). Obviously not the Quick we're used to this season, but not bad really. He'll be better in game 5.

I do agree, however, that he's had some bad habits in 3 out of the 4 games in this series in terms of OVERREACTING/moving too much and so on. Yes, he's athletic and he moves around and he recovers well, but his game this season has been predicated on stronger positioning so much more than it was in the past. He can be successful as a scrambler, but I'd rather him get back in control.

In the last 10 minutes though, right when the game goes to commercial break at the 9 minute mark actually...the Kings were out of it. I dunno if anyone else who was there noticed it, but the body language of the players on the ice was awful. Moping around, sulking, looking at their feet, just...not into it. Frustrating game. I think they were extremely let down by their own performance in front of their fans and I have little doubt that they'll come out firing in game 5. You can't win 'em all.

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:35 PM
jml87

I thought the second goal was more the result of Vermette winning like every faceoff. I kept saying to myself, you keep letting him win, that's going to come back to bite you. And then there we go, clean win and a slapshot off a deflection into the net.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

we should feel good about that game in all honestly. The Kings didn't play very well by their standard, played with minimum intensity, yet still severely out chanced the coyotes and Mike Smith needed to god mode to keep them off the scoreboard

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 01:16 PM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

The thing that makes hockey so different from most other sports is you can dominate offensively and defensively (not saying the Kings did in game 4) and still lose because of one bad bounce or two. That's what makes the Kings 8 game winning streak so amazing, but also, scares the heck out of me. I just hope we don't see 4 straight games of bad bounces! Unlikely, I know, but I still have that fear.

cyclones22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

That was the first time a goalie had a shutout on the road while facing a game 4 elimination. Surprised that it had never happened before, Kings in the record book again...

Old
05-21-2012, 01:56 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

I was there last night at while I'm pretty annoyed at the emotional signifigance of the game I spent 160 bucks to see, I'm really not too upset in general.

It's not like the Coyotes came even close to controlling the game, I can still only count 1 or 2 odd man rushes I've seen from them in this series total. Everyone is healthy and we play our best on the road. Not to mention that I'm sure Darryl has a few tricks and adjustments left up his sleeve.

Certainly not the time for everyone to start taking each others heads off.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

The Kings will win game 5.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

ain't even mad.

get em in their own building boys.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Kings can set two records with a game 5 win. Quick needs to be ready at the drop of the puck.

Old
05-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Kings4thecup

It seemed to me that every bounce that the Kings could get, didn't happen. A lot of pucks that hopped off sticks, wouldn't settle down, or rebounds that went the opposite direction of the player crashing the net. Some of that you have to just tip the hat to PHX and Smith, but others were just bad luck. They were still the better team in game 4 in my opinion, and they should just keep the effort and forecheck up, and game 5 should be ours. GKG!

Kings4thecup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:20 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

I think for the bigger picture of (hopefully) winning the Stanley Cup its probably better that they lost game 4. They were getting too fancy and underestimating their opponents, like they expected phoenix to lay over and die without them having to earn it. Its better for them to learn that lesson now the in the finals.

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k7 View Post
Honestly, I think for the first 50 minutes they maybe weren't great, but they were good enough to win. They had some chances, especially early in the game, to bury some goals. They were on the doorstep a couple of times.

Quick...I don't really fault him for those goals to be honest. First goal, Doan gets right to the net, no confrontation. That's difficult. He could've saved it, and it wouldn't have been spectacular or anything, but you can't let a skilled player like Doan just go right to the net. He has been a BIT shaky in this series (although I thought he was extremely solid in his shutout, body language and everything was just great; he was firmly in control and even a better effort from Phoenix...doubt they would've beat him). Obviously not the Quick we're used to this season, but not bad really. He'll be better in game 5.

First goal: the Kings were shorthanded and the puck was going behind the net and one linesman was getting ready to call icing after the Kings touched the puck. Then Quick went behind the net to stop the puck and he then tried to pass it (which was intercepted = goal). He had no business even touching the puck as the Kings had 2 Dmen coming back for the touch-up and icing call.

This is simple stuff.

Quick needs to more aware of the game situation and what's happening in front of him.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote